Author Topic: How long to wait for faty acids to be cleared from blood stream after a meal?  (Read 703 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Let's say if I eat a protein shake and almonds post workout, how long time until the fat is gone from blood stream? Thanks

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Let's say if I eat a protein shake and almonds post workout, how long time until the fat is gone from blood stream? Thanks

Why?

Without research, I'd say ~12 hours
:

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
great question

no idea

you would have to know the digestion rate of the almonds, as well as your bodys rate of metabolizing those fatty acids.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Why?

Without research, I'd say ~12 hours

I'm guessing that (12 hours) because when you go in for  a cholesterol test, they want you fasting for at least 12 hours to make sure all the dietary fat is out of your blood.
:

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
I'm guessing that (12 hours) because when you go in for  a cholesterol test, they want you fasting for at least 12 hours to make sure all the dietary fat is out of your blood.
im gonna guess its because hes woriied about timig his next meal according to when the fats from his previous meal have been used up.

probably because he'll eat carbs in the next meal and doesnt want insulin putting those almond fats into fat stores.