Author Topic: Narrow Shoulders and wide hips.  (Read 3209 times)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
Narrow Shoulders and wide hips.
« on: February 25, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »
I've been blessed with the taper B physique i'm just wondering what can i do to widening my shoulders. I mean can building your deltiods and all that really make a difference on how wide your shoulder appear?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Narrow Shoulders and wide hips.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:22:37 AM »
need to work your shoulders and lats
Z

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:46:06 AM »
need to work your shoulders and lats
monster problem solving....hahah yeah bluto is right, go extra hard on shoulders and back, hows your BF%

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 04:23:32 AM »
monster problem solving....hahah yeah bluto is right, go extra hard on shoulders and back, hows your BF%

experts at work here!  8)
Z

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 01:04:50 PM »
experts at work here!  8)
you know how it is baby, Solving problems is what we do

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »
 As suggested, paying attention to the laterial delt head and trying to increase the width of the upper lat's is a very good idea. If the traps become over developed (thick & slopping), than the illusion of shoulder width can be reduced. That can apply to the front delts as well, to a lesser degree. Too much attention to BP's, inclines, etc and not enough to overhead pressing and side delt work, can lead to this.  A lot of guy's will have overdeveloped front delts and pec's (BP) while their laterial head seems out of balance. It's all about the "X" frame in bb'ing. Any wide hip structure can be overcome with a little planning as to how to increase fuller and thicker side delts.

Might consider the Press behind neck, upright rows (medium grip), lateral raises, DB presses, etc.All favorable influence on shoulder width. Good Luck.
F