Author Topic: College Playoffs  (Read 2792 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
College Playoffs
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »
This chart would prove if it happen USC couldnt handle back-back Perennial SEC champs...not Offenseless Arb teams and Piggy Ark teams.

BTW...Sec wanted a mini-play system.  Makes sense because you'd probably have to beat 2 of their teams in back-back weaks. Other conf werent going for that.

The presidents

There’s nothing easier than blaming it on those guys. They don’t want a playoff, everyone says. The truth is they’ve never been presented a real playoff plan. Presidents are notoriously weak-spined and revenue desperate. Pressure and cash can change opinions in a hurry. They follow the herd.

“It’s not a question of if there is going to be a playoff, it’s going to be a question of when,” T.K. Wetherell, president of Florida State said last spring. “It’s going to be driven by money. None of us sitting at this table … are ever going to admit that.”

Unfortunately, last spring four leagues – the Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-10 – fought to stop the SEC’s plan for a modest plus-one plan from even being discussed.

The reason? They feared that once fans got a taste of even a mini-playoff, they’d demand a real playoff.

Kind of like getting a taste of near beer; pretty soon you’re going to want the real thing
Oh...Monica!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: College Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:42:23 PM »
USC is a VERY good team but let's face it they play in a VERY weak conference at the moment, who the hell do they have, Oregon State? Oregon maybe? the SEC is leaps and bounds above the Pac-10 and there's no denying that, there are 4- teams in the SEC who could beat USC, Florida, Bama, LSU, OleMiss could all beat USC.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »
i have a legacy bias for bama

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
i have a legacy bias for bama
Bama is a great team this year, Saban has done an incredible job in Tuscaloosa this year.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »
Bama is a great team this year, Saban has done an incredible job in Tuscaloosa this year.
yes, they are doing well.   :)

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 04:48:50 PM »
USC is a VERY good team but let's face it they play in a VERY weak conference at the moment, who the hell do they have, Oregon State? Oregon maybe? the SEC is leaps and bounds above the Pac-10 and there's no denying that, there are 4- teams in the SEC who could beat USC, Florida, Bama, LSU, OleMiss could all beat USC.

USC has 5-star guys coming all over the place...but pete aint the greatest coach.  he would serious get exposed in this type of system.  also...best performing teams in this system win on the recruiting end also.  agreed...pete would be losing alot of kids to the sec.  great kids, suck face coach.  
Oh...Monica!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 04:50:45 PM »
USC has 5-star guys coming all over the place...but pete aint the greatest coach.  he would serious get exposed in this type of system.  also...best performing teams in this system win on the recruiting end also.  agreed...pete would be losing alot of kids to the sec.  great kids, suck face coach.  
5 star kids will ALWAYS go to USC because of the tradition and the location of the school, same thing with Miami, Miami may be on the downside right now but that place will ALWAYS get recruits, just as Notre Dame and Michigan will regardless of where they are right now.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »
only bama(get turnovers from defense...but usc's defense is good too) ..and fla..(usc has problems with mobile qbs)

we would kill ole miss and lsu is fluff...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 05:02:37 PM »

we all knew he would...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »
Why does Notre Dame get recruits?

Don't give that 'tradition' answer... modern college athletes don't care about that stuff anymore. It's all about exposure and winning these days...

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »

Don't give that 'tradition' answer... modern college athletes don't care about that stuff anymore. It's all about exposure and winning these days...
tell that to NBC.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »
tell that to NBC.

hahahahaha....they shoudnt be on major network tv...i rather see more OU games...they have just as more football tradition...texas gets love though...or maybe even Texas Tech...watching ND is like awful...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 05:14:48 PM »
tell that to NBC.

Ya, Apparently some exec at NBC is a notre dame grad (for real). Their shit is televised even when they are 1-8.

I'd like to see more mid-majors playing that never get airtime.  Utah-TCU was a fantastic game...

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 05:26:19 PM »
This chart would prove if it happen USC couldnt handle back-back Perennial SEC champs...not Offenseless Arb teams and Piggy Ark teams.

BTW...Sec wanted a mini-play system.  Makes sense because you'd probably have to beat 2 of their teams in back-back weaks. Other conf werent going for that.

The presidents

There’s nothing easier than blaming it on those guys. They don’t want a playoff, everyone says. The truth is they’ve never been presented a real playoff plan. Presidents are notoriously weak-spined and revenue desperate. Pressure and cash can change opinions in a hurry. They follow the herd.

“It’s not a question of if there is going to be a playoff, it’s going to be a question of when,” T.K. Wetherell, president of Florida State said last spring. “It’s going to be driven by money. None of us sitting at this table … are ever going to admit that.”

Unfortunately, last spring four leagues – the Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-10 – fought to stop the SEC’s plan for a modest plus-one plan from even being discussed.

The reason? They feared that once fans got a taste of even a mini-playoff, they’d demand a real playoff.

Kind of like getting a taste of near beer; pretty soon you’re going to want the real thing

Yes that diagram proves it all  ::)

I also love how quick quaker is to list all the teams that WOULD beat USC  ::)

Just like we were supposed to lose to Michigan at the Rose bowl two years ago when they were 3rd...or just like it was supposed to be a close game against Illinois at last year's rose bowl...or how it was supposed to be such a close game against Ohio St. this year... :-\

Again, a playoff system would get rid of all these "would've/could'ves"... ;)
just not good enough

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 06:38:16 PM »

Yes that diagram proves it all  ::)

I also love how quick quaker is to list all the teams that WOULD beat USC  ::)

Just like we were supposed to lose to Michigan at the Rose bowl two years ago when they were 3rd...or just like it was supposed to be a close game against Illinois at last year's rose bowl...or how it was supposed to be such a close game against Ohio St. this year... :-\

Again, a playoff system would get rid of all these "would've/could'ves"... ;)

Nope...that's ok.  i enjoy BSing about it.  I'll keep the Sugar Bowl.

Georgia BullDogs Vs Pitt Panthers 82

4th and 5   - Dan Marino to John Brown

When i was a little kid, i was there.
Oh...Monica!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 06:46:17 AM »
Alabama over Troy.                       Oklahoma over Tulsa.   
Boise State over Penn State.          Texas Tech over Ohio State.
USC over Ball State.                      Utah over Texas Christian
Florida over Cinnn.                        Texas over BC.

Alabama over Boise State.             Oklahoma over Texas Tech.
Florida over USC.                          Texas over Utah

Florida over Alabama.                    Texas over Oklahoma

Florida vs Texas   :)

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
How come Oregon State isn't in there?

Wtf?!? >:(

body88

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
How about them eagles.  A small college with ultra tough academic standards always in the hunt for something.  I know they can't beat the best teams, but they have a top 10 defense this year.  Their lb's are sick.  They are an o-line factory, but now they are pumping out some awesome skill players.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:46 AM »

ND does get recruits, i think they've had the some of the highest recruit classes for the past few years.

Pete Carroll is a great recruiter.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 07:50:06 AM »
Alabama over Troy.                       Oklahoma over Tulsa.   
Boise State over Penn State.          Texas Tech over Ohio State.
USC over Ball State.                      Utah over Texas Christian
Florida over Cinnn.                        Texas over BC.

Alabama over Boise State.             Oklahoma over Texas Tech.
Florida over USC.                          Texas over Utah

Florida over Alabama.                    Texas over Oklahoma

Florida vs Texas   :)

I was looking at the chart and I thought hmm  could BSU beat some of these teams and I said you bet your fucking ass! I wish that they had a better system, such as this. I'm pissed that BSU might have to stay home and play in our fucking bowl. BULLSHIT I TELL YOU! Oh well at least threads like this with what should go down, give me something to hope for.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 01:56:33 PM »

I was looking at the chart and I thought hmm  could BSU beat some of these teams and I said you bet your fucking ass! I wish that they had a better system, such as this. I'm pissed that BSU might have to stay home and play in our fucking bowl. BULLSHIT I TELL YOU! Oh well at least threads like this with what should go down, give me something to hope for.

BSU turned them down.  What's your take on that SSSG?

Would have been a good game, but prolly shouldn't be played in Boise.