Author Topic: Those STRANGE Intensemuscle.com Trainees!  (Read 5214 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Those STRANGE Intensemuscle.com Trainees!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 02:20:21 PM »
EPIC GAY POWER
A

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 02:55:09 PM »
EPIC GAY POWER

ANTI FORCE MARGARINE BODOSIS

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 03:01:10 PM »
that dude is legpessing some serious weight :-X

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »
that dude is legpessing some serious weight :-X

guy should do 50 sets of squats. i did the other day  was fucking awesome
high volume baby

Rich Gainihger

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 03:32:31 PM »

guy should do 50 sets of squats. i did the other day  was fucking awesome
high volume baby

sure you did

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 03:34:05 PM »
IMO, Rack Chins are a very useful movement for those who can't do regular Chinups. This way the beginner or fat person doesn't have to resort to the inferior Lat Pulldowns. I think eventually the goal with these should be to improve Chinup strength so one is able to do it with bodyweight. Otherwise it's a waste of time.
follow the arrows

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »
whose got my record for trainees on rack chins? Dave Henry I think he got something like 165lbs in his lap for 22 reps....seen his back lately?
What's his form like though? The clips I've seen of him training he uses very short range of motion. My guess is that as his poundages went up, and he "beat the logbook", the range of motion got shorter and shorter. Maybe you've seen the set(s) on video or in person?

Do the large rack chin strength increases usually carry over to other lat pulldown exercises (regular chins, machine pulldowns)? My guess is probably no. That would indicate a change in form.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »
What's his form like though? The clips I've seen of him training he uses very short range of motion. My guess is that as his poundages went up, and he "beat the logbook", the range of motion got shorter and shorter. Maybe you've seen the set(s) on video or in person?

Do the large rack chin strength increases usually carry over to other lat pulldown exercises (regular chins, machine pulldowns)? My guess is probably no. That would indicate a change in form.

if they're anything like his "rack deadlifts" they're horrible, he pulled the bar 3 inches max on those.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 03:55:56 PM »
A rack chin is a variation much in the same way an incline press is a variation of a flat barbell press.  Varitey is good to help prevent stagnation.  If you want to be big and strong it is wise to incorporate variety in your routine.  
w

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 03:56:42 PM »
if they're anything like his "rack deadlifts" they're horrible, he pulled the bar 3 inches max on those.
Yeah exactly.

Anyone have the site with the videos? I think there was a clip of his rack chins.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 03:59:12 PM »
A rack chin is a variation much in the same way an incline press is a variation of a flat barbell press.  Varitey is good to help prevent stagnation.  If you want to be big and strong it is wise to incorporate variety in your routine. 
I have nothing against them really. I just suspect that the large strength increases some are claiming on these are a bit misleading.

Adding another plate to your hip belt when doing regular chins takes a long time. If it happens at all.

affy

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 04:42:01 PM »

ya but rack deadlifts at least have some purpose.  If you do them properly (below knee level) they will cut most hamstring and glute stimulation, and isolate the entire back.

rackchins look (key word:look.  i've never tried them so i cant say) useless to me.  You're basically cutting off half your bodyweight, and replacing it with added weight.  Its pointless. 

i guess i have to try them before to see what the fuss is all about

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 12:42:44 AM »
Im serious here, please can you explain...or link me to a website that CLEARLY explain about the concept of rackchins.

He never explains anything, so don't waste your time. It's simple, he basically took Mentzer's HIT program, tweaked it, incorporates Parrillo's stretching routines that he pioneered in the 80's, claims it to be his own methods and charges $500 for the "info".

He was embarrased along time ago on this board when multiple threads were pulled from his the Doggpound on Intensemuscle, with kids saying their DC diet contained 600g of protein and they weighed about 175. He made all of them edit their posts and didn't show face for awhile around here.

He's never posted any pic of anyone he's worked with that doesn't look like a bag of smashed assholes other than his completely drugged out pro or national competitor or 2.

Oh ya, he just happens to own a protein company.   ::)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »
You do not build lats with the chest being CONCAVE, in those vidoes the position of the legs puts the chest in a concave manner.  To properly build the lats the chest must be held high and out with the back arched - those rack chins are a waste of time !!!!!!!!!!
K

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 10:16:40 AM »
WHats so sad is that the rack chins arent even that....  on almost every rep all the guys didnt even bring their chin over the bar.

RackChin: We have taken the Pull up , changed the name to Rack Chin, made it easier by reducing the overall load of the lift and on top of that we dont even bring our chin over the bar.... but we still call them rack chins.
*** If you dont think these will pack slabs of muscle on your back then look at this pic of a geneticly gifted Pro bber who uses boat loads of gear and comes off cycle maby 1 month a year. His picture proves RACK CHins will build a massive back***

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 10:18:15 AM »

whose got my record for trainees on rack chins? Dave Henry I think he got something like 165lbs in his lap for 22 reps....seen his back lately?

He looks like that in SPITE of his workouts , not BECAUSE of his workouts.
One day DC will realize this.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 10:25:01 AM »
He never explains anything, so don't waste your time. It's simple, he basically took Mentzer's HIT program, tweaked it, incorporates Parrillo's stretching routines that he pioneered in the 80's, claims it to be his own methods and charges $500 for the "info".

He was embarrased along time ago on this board when multiple threads were pulled from his the Doggpound on Intensemuscle, with kids saying their DC diet contained 600g of protein and they weighed about 175. He made all of them edit their posts and didn't show face for awhile around here.

He's never posted any pic of anyone he's worked with that doesn't look like a bag of smashed assholes other than his completely drugged out pro or national competitor or 2.

Oh ya, he just happens to own a protein company.   ::)

Parillo invented stretching in the 80's?  I could have sworn people were stretching before then. 

DC's training doesn't look like Mentzer's to me at all.  Explain how they're similar. 

Since he doesn't explain anything, so we shouldn't bother, and you know everything about his training.....you must have paid him for the infromation? 

Y

BigCity

• Getbig II
  • Aint nuttin but a peanut!
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »
I just fell like I listened to a bunch of women at the salon talking about the hot blonde at the cash register and why twhat she does is worng, Homos
What seperates the have from the have nots?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007, 11:14:13 AM »
Parillo invented stretching in the 80's?  I could have sworn people were stretching before then. 

DC's training doesn't look like Mentzer's to me at all.  Explain how they're similar. 

Since he doesn't explain anything, so we shouldn't bother, and you know everything about his training.....you must have paid him for the infromation? 

Go try to do some of the parillo stretches sometime....look up his skin the cat stretch.  Have fun pulling that one off.  Parillo didn't invent fascia stretching there were university studies talking about the advantages of stetching the fascia, Parillo was the first guy to write about it in a BB publication.  

Traditional REst pause is nothing like what Dante recommends but again, everyone on here seems to know everything about Metzer and Dante so I guess it's a mute point.

DC's never given out specific dieting information just basic guidelines but guys on here seem to know everything about his dieting recommendations, it's totally nuts.  And it's not his fault if someone is not doing a movement the way it's intended.  I bet I coulld find 50 videos of guys doing other movements wrong and I aint' blaming joe weider, just cause a guy is a blockhead and doesn't read and understand the purpose and execution of a movement doesn't mean the movement sucks it means the guy doing the movement wrong is an idiot.  

I think it's funny as hell that everytime someone is doing or trying something new like BFT or DC or Heavy Duty or anything you get the same guys saying the same shit without ever trying anything besides thier 3 sets of movement A for 15 reps and then 2 sets of movement B for 10 reps and so on and so forth.  
nasser=piece of shit

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »
How bout this.  No arguement.  Go go the gym and TRY rack chins. Tell me they dont feel different in a BETTER way than regular shins. If you actually do them, you will understand trust me.....

I dont use them as a mass movement, its usually towards the end of my workouts when i use them  You feel every muscle in your entire back just crush together like there is nowhere for them to go and they are going to explode

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »
How bout this.  No arguement.  Go go the gym and TRY rack chins. Tell me they dont feel different in a BETTER way than regular shins. If you actually do them, you will understand trust me.....

I dont use them as a mass movement, its usually towards the end of my workouts when i use them  You feel every muscle in your entire back just crush together like there is nowhere for them to go and they are going to explode

no one on here will take the time to read how to do them the right way and even if they did they'd never ever admit they were wrong.  C'mon now...don't you know it's the "hip" thing to rip DC around here? 
nasser=piece of shit

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 11:36:24 AM »
no one on here will take the time to read how to do them the right way and even if they did they'd never ever admit they were wrong.  C'mon now...don't you know it's the "hip" thing to rip DC around here? 

I read all about them on Mayhem a few years ago, even saw some diagrams and vivid explanations.  I tried them.  They're pretty good.  I like that I can keep it slow and controlled, plus it seems like I'm at a better angle.  Adding weight is easier too.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »
I read all about them on Mayhem a few years ago, even saw some diagrams and vivid explanations.  I tried them.  They're pretty good.  I like that I can keep it slow and controlled, plus it seems like I'm at a better angle.  Adding weight is easier too.

Like I said earlier, I've never used them.  I train alone so adding weight in that position would be a pain in the ass, I know some guys do it but I haven't really tried them. 

People need to understand that just because you've never done a movement doesn't mean it's garbage, it's just a different way of lookin at things, it's an alternative.  I love how people are like "well just do pullups"...ok, how many of you guys do lat pulldowns?  Prolly all of you and you're fine with them but you dog this out?  Really what's the difference?  Pulldowns are just a variation of pull ups just like rack chins are a variation of the pull up. 

nasser=piece of shit

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »
Like I said earlier, I've never used them.  I train alone so adding weight in that position would be a pain in the ass, I know some guys do it but I haven't really tried them. 

People need to understand that just because you've never done a movement doesn't mean it's garbage, it's just a different way of lookin at things, it's an alternative.  I love how people are like "well just do pullups"...ok, how many of you guys do lat pulldowns?  Prolly all of you and you're fine with them but you dog this out?  Really what's the difference?  Pulldowns are just a variation of pull ups just like rack chins are a variation of the pull up. 

You got to be fucking kidding me:

You do not build lats with the chest being CONCAVE, in those vidoes the position of the legs puts the chest in a concave manner.  To properly build the lats the chest must be held high and out with the back arched - those rack chins are a waste of time !!!!!!!!!!
K

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »
You got to be fucking kidding me:

who said that guy was doing them right?  Not me.  Havent' seen the vid but I know how your supposed to do them and it doesn't sound like he's doing them right.
nasser=piece of shit