Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 994980 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #1400 on: November 01, 2013, 03:17:42 PM »

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #1401 on: November 01, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »

What a piece of shit.  Along with everyone who cleared him.

This bullshit will persist as long as people sit on their asses and don't get involved in politics.  It's inexcusable not to be forcing mayors and councils to put an end to this shit.  I've gone after them a couple of times and it's usually only a couple of us willing to stand up and meet at the board.  Unreal.

Yeah, I'd agree. Most people don't have the balls to challenge the cops. Having such a fractured excuse for a culture just makes it worse.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1402 on: November 02, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »
For the record, this is the one thread on the Politics sub-forum where it seems like all of us agree.  Kinda nice, really.

Personally, I can't read too much of this stuff because it makes me want to swing on someone.

Not sure where most of you get material for this thread, but I go here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/bad_cop_no_donut

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1403 on: November 03, 2013, 07:01:14 AM »
For the record, this is the one thread on the Politics sub-forum where it seems like all of us agree.  Kinda nice, really.

Personally, I can't read too much of this stuff because it makes me want to swing on someone.

Not sure where most of you get material for this thread, but I go here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/bad_cop_no_donut

The CATO institute's police misconduct page is great.  I read it just about everyday.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1404 on: November 03, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »

The CATO institute's police misconduct page is great.  I read it just about everyday.

Cool. I'll check it out. 

I'm way more disturbed about the erosion of civil rights in this country than I am about whichever party has power at a national level.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1405 on: November 04, 2013, 10:05:47 PM »
Family: Louisiana Police stun father as son died in house fire

The Millers ran around to the front of the building and Ryan Miller kicked in the front door as police and firefighters arrived.

Ryan Miller tried to enter the home to get his stepson. Police restrained him and the officer stunned him with a Taser, according to Jenne.

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=966109

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1407 on: November 05, 2013, 02:15:28 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/david-eckerts-traffic-stop-in-new-mexico-2013-11

For more details, check this: http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3209305.shtml

What the fuck? Wow!

Jesus fucking Christ.  For me, this is the money quote from the 2nd article: 
"This is like something out of a science fiction film, anal probing by government officials and public employees," Kennedy said.

If that guys doesn't majorly get paid, he should be allowed to hunt down all the responsible parties, Dorner-style.
Realistically, some law enforcement folks and some medical care folks need to lose their jobs over this.  The tax-payers of that town should be pissed as hell that they're gonna have to pay for the rectal shenanigans described in those links.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1408 on: November 05, 2013, 02:29:36 PM »
Jesus fucking Christ.  For me, this is the money quote from the 2nd article:  
"This is like something out of a science fiction film, anal probing by government officials and public employees," Kennedy said.

If that guys doesn't majorly get paid, he should be allowed to hunt down all the responsible parties, Dorner-style.
Realistically, some law enforcement folks and some medical care folks need to lose their jobs over this.  The tax-payers of that town should be pissed as hell that they're gonna have to pay for the rectal shenanigans described in those links.

If you watch the video, the icing on the cake is that the idiots at Gila Regional Medical Center are BILLING him for the procedures and threatening to send him to collections if he doesn't pay. Yes, you read that right. They are asking him to pay them for violating him as they did.

No doubt people need to lose jobs over this: certainly the cops involves, and certainly the doctors (who should also be investigated by the Board and, perhaps, lose their licenses). Even the Judge ought to be investigated; I mean to issue a warrant that authorizes this sort of a search because a man was standing upright and "clenched his buttocks" (not sure how this was established) seems like a gross overreach.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1409 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »

What the fuck? Wow!

Outrageous. All those involved should be jailed and subjected to the same treatment, every day.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1410 on: November 05, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
Outrageous. All those involved should be jailed and subjected to the same treatment, every day.

The doctor(s) who refused to perform the procedure on ethical grounds ought to be commended.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1411 on: November 05, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »
If you watch the video, the icing on the cake is that the idiots at Gila Regional Medical Center are BILLING him for the procedures and threatening to send him to collections if he doesn't pay. Yes, you read that right. They are asking him to pay them for violating him as they did.

No doubt people need to lose jobs over this: certainly the cops involves, and certainly the doctors (who should also be investigated by the Board and, perhaps, lose their licenses). Even the Judge ought to be investigated; I mean to issue a warrant that authorizes this sort of a search because a man was standing upright and "clenched his buttocks" (not sure how this was established) seems like a gross overreach.
my wife went to an ER for lower stomach pain.... they wanted to test for rec drugs, I kept telling them she wasnt on anything and she wasnt after pills tja t she needed a ct scan or some shit and we werent paying for a drug test.... anyway they took some blood for "tests" and then billed me a grand for blood testing for EACH DRUG (8 grand total), and then threatened legal action when I refused to pay

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1412 on: November 05, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
my wife went to an ER for lower stomach pain.... they wanted to test for rec drugs, I kept telling them she wasnt on anything and she wasnt after pills tja t she needed a ct scan or some shit and we werent paying for a drug test.... anyway they took some blood for "tests" and then billed me a grand for blood testing for EACH DRUG (8 grand total), and then threatened legal action when I refused to pay

Pretty fucked up, but a very different situation. I hope you challenged this in court.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1413 on: November 05, 2013, 04:23:22 PM »

That is brutal. 

My story's not nearly that bad but it reminds me of when I was poor-ass waiter with no healthcare insurance and had just injured the tips of both forefingers when I was putting the 110-lb DB's back in the rack after a set of shrugs.  The plates on the DB's were a little bit askew from people dropping them so when I put them in place, neither was exactly locked in and, like an idiot, I kept both hands on both DB's while I rotated the right one to get it to fall into place and it, of course, promptly fell off squashing my right finget and, because I spazzed as this was happening, the same thing then happened to the left.  (Not my finest hour.) 

There was a lot of blood and I was worried about bone damage so I went to emergency where, after an x-ray showed no bone damage and I didn't even lose my left fingernail (the right was a goner and hanging by a thread right away), the hospital cleaned me up (I'm a chalk user), and then stitched me up.  After, I was that I'd need to change my bandages frequently so they wanted to give me some supplies.  I knew that was a bad move so I told them "No, Walgreen's is around the corner" but they insisted.  And my dumbass gf agreed with them.  Sure enough, though, those motherfuckers, they'd charged me about $150- for what I could get at Walgreen's for maybe $20.00.  THIS is the real story of what's wrong with healthcare, if you ask me.  And don't get me started about Ambulance charges these days  --  Personally, no matter what my injury, if I'm conscious I'll fight with ambulance guys to avoid one of those way-too-costly rides.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1414 on: November 05, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »

What the fuck? Wow!

Holy Shit Avxo.  That has got to be the most heinous abuse ever posted on here aside from maybe the flat out murder in Oakland.

I cannot believe that didn't make national news. 

Unfuckingreal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1416 on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
Pretty fucked up, but a very different situation. I hope you challenged this in court.
I know it's totally different.. just the terrible way the hospital dealt with it jogged my memory.

I didn't wind up paying it. I threatened legal action and they "made it go away".

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1417 on: November 07, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/05/army-veteran-banned-from-daughters-school-after-posting-picture-concealed

ridiculous

Pretty fucked up. If this were any other day, I would actually be incensed. But I'm still in disbelief over the cavity search bullshit in New Mexico and wondering WHY THE FUCK this isn't national news?!?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1419 on: November 08, 2013, 07:23:49 PM »
http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/23906473/police-stun-stepdad-trying-to-save-son-from-fire

:-\

Unlike most of the other posts on this thread, I don't think this one belongs here. 

Heard about this over on Reddit BCND and what the story supposedly doesn't mention is that firemen reached the scene at the same time as the cops and the firemen, even with all their gear, would not enter the house because it was too hot at that point.  The cops saved the stepdad from certain death.  The guy's wife was there, too, and it was pointed out that, had the cops not acted, her tragedy would have been made all the worse by losing her husband as well as her young son. 

Maybe the cops didn't need to tase him to stop him from entering the burning house but they apparently did need to stop him.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1420 on: November 08, 2013, 07:27:38 PM »
Unlike most of the other posts on this thread, I don't think this one belongs here. 

Heard about this over on Reddit BCND and what the story supposedly doesn't mention is that firemen reached the scene at the same time as the cops and the firemen, even with all their gear, would not enter the house because it was too hot at that point.  The cops saved the stepdad from certain death.  The guy's wife was there, too, and it was pointed out that, had the cops not acted, her tragedy would have been made all the worse by losing her husband as well as her young son. 

Maybe the cops didn't need to tase him to stop him from entering the burning house but they apparently did need to stop him.

Yeah... I struggle with this one too. I get the Dad's position (and I'm thinking "what if, somehow he managed to save the kid?" because adrenaline is a hell of a drug), but I get the cop's position too. Maybe the taze seems cruel and even unnecessary. But I don't think this case fits the mold of the cases we've been posting here.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1421 on: November 09, 2013, 07:05:19 AM »

Not on par with the egregious abuses, but I'm still not big on this one.

The government is effectively removing the dad's choice even though the dad did absolutely nothing wrong or criminal.  If he wants to voluntarily try, even though we can all agree it probably would have killed him, I think the government should allow him that choice - not make it for him.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1422 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »
4 butthole-surfing cops charged in Milwaukee

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/criminal-charges-against-police-in-strip-search-case-expected-today-gf5cb94-173312411.html

Four Milwaukee police officers were charged Tuesday with felonies related to illegal rectal searches of suspects on the street and in police district stations over the past two years.

In one case, an officer held a gun to a man's head as two others held his arms and a third put him in a choke hold while jamming a hand into his anus, purportedly searching for evidence, according to the criminal complaint. Another man bled from his rectum for several days after his encounter with police, the complaint says.

The complaint lays out in graphic detail how the primary suspect, Officer Michael Vagnini, conducted searches of men's anal and scrotal areas, often inserting his fingers into their rectums. Vagnini acknowledged performing one of the searches. At least one suspect said Vagnini planted drugs on him.

State law and police procedures prohibit officers from conducting cavity searches. Only medical personnel are allowed to perform them, and police must first obtain a search warrant.

Read more at link

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1423 on: November 10, 2013, 09:36:11 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V