Author Topic: The Flash on CW  (Read 28358 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
The Flash on CW
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »
This show was brought up before, but it is probably the best comic to small screen transition that I have seen.  The show is solid, funny, quirky and geeky.  It blows Gotham out of the water, but then again that isn't hard to do.  The hebrew girl is a complete 10.  I like the storyline being true to the comic but not campy at all.  I find it more interesting that most of the Marvel movies including the avengers. For a TV show they haven't cut too many corners when it comes to FX.  Every week is like a mini movies. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Re: The Flash on CW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:23:23 AM »
i bet 7 year old kids love it. thanks for the tip

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »
Agreed. It has easily surpassed Arrow & has some great special effects.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:44:24 PM »
becoming too repetitive
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 10:57:27 AM »
I was really liking this show but now it's lost me as a fan.  This PC shit and retelling of storylines needs to end.  Now they will introduce Kid Flash who is Wally West as a Black person.  WTF!  Why do these shows need to transform classic characters into this PC world bullshit.  They already made firestorm black, why have a Black Flash now?  Would there be an outcry if they made Cyborg a white guy?  Maybe Black Panther a white dude who thinks he's black like Rachel Dolezel?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:04:07 AM »
They even made Hawk Girl black, LOL!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 11:15:41 AM »
I was really liking this show but now it's lost me as a fan.  This PC shit and retelling of storylines needs to end.  Now they will introduce Kid Flash who is Wally West as a Black person.  WTF!  Why do these shows need to transform classic characters into this PC world bullshit.  They already made firestorm black, why have a Black Flash now?  Would there be an outcry if they made Cyborg a white guy?  Maybe Black Panther a white dude who thinks he's black like Rachel Dolezel?

So, a couple of things.

While I agree that they don't need a Black Wally West, it does make sense, since Iris and her dad are both black in the show. It just fits considering.

However, why are you upset at Firestorm being black? He's been black in the comics for a little over 10 years now.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 02:21:34 PM »
Yeah and he's at least a new character and not the old white one re-raced.

To me, the dumbest thing they sometimes run into when they do these things are alter ego names. A black kid named wally yeah ok. These are white characters named in the early 60s give me a break.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 04:01:52 PM »
Lots of black comic book characters...no need to change white ones into black ones.

Be true to the fucking comics...IDIOTS!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 04:07:41 PM »
Yeah and he's at least a new character and not the old white one re-raced.

To me, the dumbest thing they sometimes run into when they do these things are alter ego names. A black kid named wally yeah ok. These are white characters named in the early 60s give me a break.

I do agree with this part.

Leave it to Beaver's brother's name was Wally at that.

It's more like the 50s!

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 05:41:18 PM »
Haven't had a chance to watch The Flash yet.  IMO, Gotham is a great show.  Some really good acting in that series. 

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »
The Flash Season 2 Deathstorm Killer Frost Explained

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »
In Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen is a heavily muscled black guy who is, like, 6'4". Bugs the piss outta me. To make matters worse, in the first season, Kara is gaga for the hebrew hunk (no homo). The beta white dude likes her but doesn't get a glance.

Thankfully, in Episode 8, Jimmy tells the white wimp to get up in Supergirl's face and tell her how he feels. Hope she reconsiders and takes interest in him.

Moral of the story: TV/movies love to portray black dudes as muscular, funny and macho, and whites as beta wimps. Pisses me off. Totally see through this shit. Also, Superman's pretty cousin should NOT be taking black cock, ever.

Sacrilege.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 06:11:53 PM »
In Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen is a heavily muscled black guy who is, like, 6'4". Bugs the piss outta me. To make matters worse, in the first season, Kara is gaga for the hebrew hunk (no homo). The beta white dude likes her but doesn't get a glance.

Thankfully, in Episode 8, Jimmy tells the white wimp to get up in Supergirl's face and tell her how he feels. Hope she reconsiders and takes interest in him.

Moral of the story: TV/movies love to portray black dudes as muscular, funny and macho, and whites as beta wimps. Pisses me off. Totally see through this shit. Also, Superman's pretty cousin should NOT be taking black cock, ever.

Sacrilege.
the black cock is the only type that can satisfy a kryptonian woman

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 06:59:24 PM »
netflix's daredevil is much better

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 07:41:24 PM »

Dude..just enjoy the show..you sound like a faggoty white guy...if you were a TRUE comic fan you would know that there have been black comic characters in the comics who later on were re-incarnated as white guys....

Also you would further know that it was racism which prevented many of these characters from being black anyway

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 07:44:13 PM »
Lots of black comic book characters...no need to change white ones into black ones.

Be true to the fucking comics...IDIOTS!!

Yes..be true to the comics who did not have black characters as heroes or important characters due to racism and not wanting to offend southern audiences

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »

Sacrilege.

you sound almost jealous of her getting the black cock....strong homosexual tendencies in your post

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 09:05:15 PM »
Yes..be true to the comics who did not have black characters as heroes or important characters due to racism and not wanting to offend southern audiences

Yes, because Powerman and T'Challa were only created recently?

Look, I get what you're saying, but there are currently a ton of black comic book characters that they can use. Seriously... tons. In all universes.

Now... as I said before, they modified the entire West family and made them black, which is fine, I have no issue, but what black family is naming their kid Wally?

Come on.

If we stick to just DC, we could go with the Green Lantern,  John Stewart (1971) or how about Tempest (1977)... Black Lightning... (1977) or Ralph Jackson (1945)

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 01:59:38 AM »
netflix's daredevil is much better
truth

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 06:07:07 AM »
I`m in no way against having black characters but I do not recall Nick Fury as ever having been black!!

My comment was not racist,I`m just a purist when it comes to comics.

Black Panther,The Falcon,Black Lightning,Black Goliath,Jim Rhodes,etc.,all black characters from jumpstreet.

The Kingpin,Nick Fury,Kid Flash,Jimmy Olsen,etc.e6tc., were not, and should not be black!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 07:02:33 AM »
They even made Hawk Girl black, LOL!

Apparently she's latina.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
Apparently she's latina.

Yeah that's a weird thing that started in the justice league cartoons. They made their alien race a stand in for latinos, and all the voice actors were Latins.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 08:39:30 AM »
Apparently she's latina.
Latinas are too hot. It should be a crime.   :P
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 08:41:04 AM »

Sacrilege.
You're racist, or do you want the black cock all for yourself Chester?
A