Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113761 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2010, 04:47:56 AM »
hey vin,

who in your opinion, was the best bodybuilder to never turn pro?

Matt Mendenhall
ANIMAL

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2010, 04:49:49 AM »
As I previously said .... one of the best physiques in IFBB ... why he wasn't winning pro shows is beyond me ...maybe Vinny does not condone blowing judges or doing g4p  :-\

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2010, 05:03:53 AM »

i am not winning because i have not really competed. after i got spanked in my pro debut's in pittsburgh and nyc last year, i realized i need to work on making my physique much better for the IFBB stage.....i wasn't in Kansas anymore.

I got spanked because those guys were BETTER than me. I dont know anything about any G4P, as I have NEVER done that crap....always had a real full time 9-5.
ANIMAL

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: May 09, 2010, 05:21:15 AM »
When is your next contest Vinny ? :)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #454 on: May 09, 2010, 05:46:27 AM »
When is your next contest Vinny ? :)

i wanted to compete last night in the ny pro, but i relocated my business last weekend.  the renovations started april 1st so i thought it was best to focus on one thing.

looking at what is comming up next, doesn't look like i'll have time to compete in the summer shows. i want to settle into my new location of my personal training studio and make sure everything is running smooth.

believe it or not at 43 i'm having a better off season of eating and training than ever, so i'm not really in a rush. i want to do this the right way, and make an impact. also, i'm not going force my self into the 202 class. if i happen to be 202 on the day of my next contest, so be it....but if i'm 208 i'm going open....it's all about looking the best i can be, not what i weigh.
ANIMAL

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: May 09, 2010, 06:19:19 AM »
great tactic and wise

I think your proportions and symetry and general flow are your assetc ..I was never a fan of  is better

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #456 on: May 09, 2010, 07:58:45 AM »
great tactic and wise

I think your proportions and symetry and general flow are your assetc ..I was never a fan of  is better

thank you.

yeah i'm not trying to get bigger, i'm just sick of sucking down to a certain weight.

ANIMAL

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: May 09, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »
whatever you do don't f up your midsection ... I believe it is crucial in order to create the size illusion

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #458 on: May 09, 2010, 10:16:01 AM »
whatever you do don't f up your midsection ... I believe it is crucial in order to create the size illusion

aint gonna happen
ANIMAL

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #459 on: May 15, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »
i had no idea was on that cover. i remember that shoot, it was right after i took 4th in the 97 nationals as a light heavyweight.  i wish these photographers would let us know.

am i on any more....lol

I remember seeing a video of how Joe Weider would pick the pictures to be used in his magazines. I'm pretty sure the photographers don't know what will be used after they submit them.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #460 on: June 01, 2010, 05:26:58 PM »
what's new vin,,,,how is the new location?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2010, 12:15:27 AM »
I was on ebay and saw the MuscleMag North American Bodybuilding Directory. I never heard of the thing before; I guess it is a giant phonebook.

Vinny is on the cover though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Musclemag-Internationals-North-American-Bodybuilding-/270584275588?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item3f00146284

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2010, 03:41:08 AM »
what's new vin,,,,how is the new location?

starting out very good. everyone likes the new "look" of the place, and with the added equipment i can even train during the afternoon when the place is empty, no more driving in traffic to get to a decent gym....so thats a positive lol

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2010, 03:46:50 AM »
I was on ebay and saw the MuscleMag North American Bodybuilding Directory. I never heard of the thing before; I guess it is a giant phonebook.

Vinny is on the cover though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Musclemag-Internationals-North-American-Bodybuilding-/270584275588?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item3f00146284

forgot i had that one. you guys had me thinking, and i pulled out all my covers and articles dating back to 1993.
i had no idea, or atleast i forgot the stuff i been on and what mags i been in.

i am having everything framed and mounted, i never in the past put anything on my walls, it was all in a box. so now im redoing my home office and when i get them back from the frame shop i'll hang them up.

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2010, 04:01:37 AM »
I will NOT be competing this year at all. I have a few guest posing lined up through the summer, but other than that, nothing else. I am having a good offseason and its the first time in about 10 years that i'm responding to training like this.

i'll be the first to admit that after i got spanked in my pro debut's, it was a very humbiling experience.
after 16 years of aiming for 1 goal of trying to turn pro, and then you actually do it...it was a hard adjustment. my debut's were the worst experience of all the shows i have ever trained for, and competed in.

i just guest posed recently and went and tried to get in shape using my old methods of carb rotation, depleating and carbing up. it did not work very well at all.

bottom line is....i know for a fact what works for me and that is what i will do for next year when i step on stage, but for now....with no pressure its fun to try stuff when you are not being judged.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
I will NOT be competing this year at all. I have a few guest posing lined up through the summer, but other than that, nothing else. I am having a good offseason and its the first time in about 10 years that i'm responding to training like this.

i'll be the first to admit that after i got spanked in my pro debut's, it was a very humbiling experience.
after 16 years of aiming for 1 goal of trying to turn pro, and then you actually do it...it was a hard adjustment. my debut's were the worst experience of all the shows i have ever trained for, and competed in.

i just guest posed recently and went and tried to get in shape using my old methods of carb rotation, depleating and carbing up. it did not work very well at all.

bottom line is....i know for a fact what works for me and that is what i will do for next year when i step on stage, but for now....with no pressure its fun to try stuff when you are not being judged.

good to hear on your post's your back and running,is it your changes in your body thats causing the old school carb process a problem?you stay lean naturally and have still good metabolism,so training and normal diet in the sense of a regular routine and maintence build ,u could do on carbs ,but to get on stage even to guest pose is still an on going learning process.i'm sure u probably looked good guestposing no?i kinda ran on and but u get the drift lol,,,,its good to hear your process and that u actually have tough time to get it right,modern bbing is seems is not getting easier or letting up on what it takes to make a top physique.at least you have garnered much respect from many judges,promoters and such that when u say thats all ,people could say vinny reached the pinnacle with his genetics and was one of the best jersey bbers ever.u have to admit the 90's was a great scene in jersey and u and a good handful of bbers made a big dent in the local and national scene,props ...

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:49 AM »
good to hear on your post's your back and running,is it your changes in your body thats causing the old school carb process a problem?you stay lean naturally and have still good metabolism,so training and normal diet in the sense of a regular routine and maintence build ,u could do on carbs ,but to get on stage even to guest pose is still an on going learning process.i'm sure u probably looked good guestposing no?i kinda ran on and but u get the drift lol,,,,its good to hear your process and that u actually have tough time to get it right,modern bbing is seems is not getting easier or letting up on what it takes to make a top physique.at least you have garnered much respect from many judges,promoters and such that when u say thats all ,people could say vinny reached the pinnacle with his genetics and was one of the best jersey bbers ever.u have to admit the 90's was a great scene in jersey and u and a good handful of bbers made a big dent in the local and national scene,props ...

for some reason i have become carb sensitive.

your reply kinda sounds like your saying to me my run was a good one and good luck with retirement. lol

i'm far from done....i'm just getting started.
ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »
Hey Vin

The next time you step onstage, you should pose to Far from Over by Frank Stallone.......that would be awesome to see you up there looking your best, and then put on a routine that really gets the message across......that you are here to stay. Keep pumping that iron.......we are all behind you, bro!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2010, 10:04:06 AM »
Hey Vin

What is your take on jogging to lose bodyfat??? Have you used it much over the years???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »
for some reason i have become carb sensitive.

your reply kinda sounds like your saying to me my run was a good one and good luck with retirement. lol

i'm far from done....i'm just getting started.
no not at all,,,i thought u looked pretty good at the ny pro,u been changing things up as u said,so even zero carbs now or just for contests?of course i like to see you compete and be competitive,i thought your master national look  win was one of your best ,right up there with 93 usa,98/00 light heavy top 3's.how about farah?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #470 on: June 24, 2010, 02:13:49 AM »
Hey Vin

What is your take on jogging to lose bodyfat??? Have you used it much over the years???

diet only....i only jog to the car because its raining out.
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #471 on: June 24, 2010, 02:14:32 AM »
no not at all,,,i thought u looked pretty good at the ny pro,u been changing things up as u said,so even zero carbs now or just for contests?of course i like to see you compete and be competitive,i thought your master national look  win was one of your best ,right up there with 93 usa,98/00 light heavy top 3's.how about farah?

i looked like shit at the ny pro...lol
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #472 on: June 28, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »
I guess you mean on a cover in the U.S. I just found Irvin Gelb website: he has a Hungary and a France (primarily Mike Francois) cover there.

http://www.irvingelb.com/

i re-did my office and you got me thinking, so i dug deep and found 7 covers that i am on...and a bunch ads for universal from back in the day....so i had them framed.
ANIMAL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: June 28, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »
diet only....i only jog to the car because its raining out.
haha
w

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #474 on: June 28, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »
i re-did my office and you got me thinking, so i dug deep and found 7 covers that i am on...and a bunch ads for universal from back in the day....so i had them framed.
i remember some of the old ads,,i know u used metrx back in the day,did connelly ever formally try to get u onboard to represent them?