Author Topic: Derek Anthony - 10 Year Anniversary  (Read 6887 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Derek Anthony - 10 Year Anniversary
« on: December 21, 2023, 05:34:03 AM »
Well, its been 10 years since Derek died....Any Thoughts???
A

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Derek Anthony - 10 Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 05:40:53 AM »
He looks tiny in 2008 he died in 2013 at 32 so when was he big? He would have been like 27 in 2008 and looks to be 180lbs

&t=33s

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 05:44:55 AM »
Not many... dead and forgotten. Just another meathead who really should have known better.

His instagram is still up. He was injecting synthol right until the end.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 05:49:19 AM »
Yes.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 05:58:23 AM »
He looks tiny in 2008 he died in 2013 at 32 so when was he big? He would have been like 27 in 2008 and looks to be 180lbs

&t=33s

He was bigger than you at points -

By 2008 - 2009 he was shrinking, and then he decided to hop back on full blast. He was closer to you than you think Brian.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 06:01:05 AM »
I saw him at the 2010 Arnold Classic. He looked bad then.... he was purple and had massive cysts on his back and arms.

His legacy is pretty shameful. A wannabe tough guy, failed wannabe bodybuilder,  constantly melting down online.... in a way he was a product of generation nothingness.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 06:04:19 AM »
Quote from: derekanthony;593803
I'm going to be taking in a challenge with my health and I'm frying to fix my health. Blood pressure. My hernia(abdominal) area. When I was 20,21. I got more girls then Derek Jeter not exaferating. Most women love a lil muscle with a big heart and personality. Yes I am a lit bigger and I'll drop some weight coming off shit for a while but I'll still have my heart personality and now a leaner look. So there is hope don't worry about being a huge juiced out freak. I got hit on by more gay men then women at 25 at 265. Then women girls think thAt's to much. Unless it's a 40 year old milf I don't know about you but I like me a good Italian peurto rican Brazilian Spanish 20 to 25 year old girl and they love a man with a heart personality and some muscle. Etc trust meeeeeeeee I know you think I'm gay buti do and love women lol

So don't be to hard on yourself getting so huge cause look what it got me.

3 infections
hair implants
gyno surgery
2 times guy managment
leisions one Tumor on my liver
high blood pressure
lost good girlfriends
seeing shrinks
made me hooked on ghb.  So your journey and life is up to you guys
and prob some shit  forgetting lol

That's a post of his from 2009. Add in a "full belly", "can't be faded", and change wanting to be smaller to wanting to be bigger, and you've got a BHank post.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 06:06:27 AM »

By 2008 - 2009 he was shrinking, and then he decided to hop back on full blast. He was closer to you than you think Brian.

He looks good in that 2nd pic but in 2008 he was only 27 and was already small and looking like shit. I did take 25-35 mostly off just snowboarding and surfing but I looked my best in my late 30s he was dead by 32. I am 46 now and getting back to my best level.

He seems like a guy who got massive in his early 20s on way too much gear but was already burned out and small by his late 20s similar to other guy recently who was just injecting all kind of garbage into an already dead physique what was his name he won the costa something? He also gave himself soem kind of liver or kidney faiure

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 07:22:26 AM »
Sad. No doubt that there was a “big heart” there. Interesting perspectives on what drew the girls (big heart plus reasonable amount of muscle) versus the gays (humungous muscle)

Loma84

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 07:38:52 AM »
He looks good in that 2nd pic but in 2008 he was only 27 and was already small and looking like shit. I did take 25-35 mostly off just snowboarding and surfing but I looked my best in my late 30s he was dead by 32. I am 46 now and getting back to my best level.

He seems like a guy who got massive in his early 20s on way too much gear but was already burned out and small by his late 20s similar to other guy recently who was just injecting all kind of garbage into an already dead physique what was his name he won the costa something? He also gave himself soem kind of liver or kidney faiure
He definitely peaked really early and then it seemed like his body just deteriorated pretty rapidly in his mid to late 20s. I would say he probably looked his best around 22-23 years old. He actually looked great for a period of time. I don’t know why he felt he needed to all of a sudden start injecting all this synthol. It destroyed his arms pretty quickly, yet he seemed to be in total denial about it and kept using more. Unfortunately, I think he was dealing with a lot of mental health issues, and they were likely never addressed or dealt with by him or they were addressed too late. You could tell there were some serious issues just by how defensive he was about any criticism he received online. Even though he wasn’t the most likable guy, it was pretty sad for me to watch his downfall and health issues in real time online. Bostin Loyd reminded me of Derek in a lot of ways. Loyd seemed more mentally stable and less defensive, but he seemed to have the same kind of body dysmorphia as DA, and you just kind of knew he would eventually die young. I know some people on here like to give you a hard time, and it may not mean much coming from a total stranger, but you seem to be in a way better place mentally than these guys, so I think people comparing you to someone like DA is pretty laughable.

Giovanni1443

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 07:59:39 AM »
Just another dead guido/homo of course, the baboon has to bring him up because Derek was his reason for living

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2023, 08:01:21 AM »

That was pretty much perfect for a gymrat. He should have just stuck to only doing enough gear to maintain that and tried to become a fitness model.

The synthol probably fucked him up more than the gear. I guess it was the same with Bostin, as he was into using synthol from what I remember and injecting too much oil.

A lot of guys from the 80s and 90s (even the 70s) who used heavy steroids only are still alive.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2023, 08:05:30 AM »
That was pretty much perfect for a gymrat. He should have just stuck to only doing enough gear to maintain that and tried to become a fitness model.

The synthol probably fucked him up more than the gear. I guess it was the same with Bostin, as he was into using synthol from what I remember and injecting too much oil.

A lot of guys from the 80s and 90s (even the 70s) who used heavy steroids only are still alive.

Yeah that is right they both looked good early started losing size and started injecting synthol which went from bad to worse and gave themselves kidney failure. I agree the synthol is what was killing the 90s guys. That is why we have Pirate Captain Flex now and peg leg Wolf. I can't believe people still use that shit. Bostin should have known better

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2023, 08:25:38 AM »
I like how Bhank is jealous of him all these years later.
Bhank never looked anywhere near that pic above.

I spoke to him online many years ago on a different message board but I had no idea who he was at the time. He came across pretty cool I thought because of how upfront he was about his fake hair and failures.

During the 2000’s I was out on LI in Smithtown and I’d go to this Quiznos all the time.
It was owned by this big fat power lifter guy. I’d see that mofo all the time..

Not too long after Derek puts up pictures of himself out at a club or bar and that fat dude was sitting right next to him in the picture.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2023, 08:49:22 AM »
RIP

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2023, 08:52:35 AM »
Vince you should be focused more on the anniversary of your first NGA clown show

let this dude RIP - he did more for the community than you ever did with your piss ant YouTube channel copying and regurgitating shit from people who actually have their finger on the trigger in the fitness industry

but keep trying you lackluster techniques for attention and to "stir the pot"

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2023, 08:55:46 AM »
Derek was a lot bigger and better in his prime than he gets credit for. But it appears he was site injecting his arms fairly early in his BB path. Bipolar dude who was chill at times and manic the rest of times.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2023, 08:59:36 AM »
If he had competed i would say he died for us bitches, but he didn't, so he did it for solely hedonistic reasons. May his lost soul rest in peace.

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2023, 10:15:38 AM »
If he had competed i would say he died for us bitches, but he didn't, so he did it for solely hedonistic reasons. May his lost soul rest in peace.

He did compete- under his given name Derek Anthony Springer. He got 3rd Heavyweights in the 2002NPC Collegiate Nationals

https://www.musclememory.com/show.php?c=Collegiate+Nationals+-+NPC&y=2002

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2023, 10:53:19 AM »
Man.. it's already been ten years. Derek seemed like a good dude. Sure he had his flaws. Temper, insecurities and tentendy to fight over minor disagreements. His personality would have been perfect in this shallow instagram influencer world. Piana at least got a chance to live in that.

Sad destiny.  :-\

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2023, 11:03:14 AM »
with out DA getbig would not be getbig

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2023, 11:21:36 AM »
Who?  Barely registered when he was alive; totally forgotten now. ::)

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2023, 11:34:17 AM »

Crossing VVV hurt him far more than synthol or organ failure.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2023, 11:36:04 AM »
how is Greg Valentino still not dead from his sythol abuse? Quite a mystery

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2023, 11:44:54 AM »
Who?  Barely registered when he was alive; totally forgotten now. ::)

"Tier Zero". Brutal.