Author Topic: Does anyone know anyone who lost their mind from baldness?  (Read 1606 times)

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
Re: Does anyone know anyone who lost their mind from baldness?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2024, 07:46:10 AM »
There was a world class runner from Rochester NY named Dick Buerkle. Set the mile record and was on the Olympic team. He lost his hair at an early age and a family member said he went off the deep end- which is probably why he was such an intense runner. So yeah - I know of someone who lost his mind from baldness.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2020/06/22/dick-buerkle-u-s-olympian-and-former-world-indoor-mile-record-holder/3233665001/

“Dick never stopped pushing,” his daughter Lily Buerkle said. “There was no such thing as a relaxed family run around the block. Every run ended in a sprint. Dick’s elbow would always find a way to edge out the person next to him, even if it was his young daughter.”

Known for his bald head long before the look became chic – he lost all his hair by the age of 12 due to alopecia – he graduated in 1970 and became a star runner on the national track circuit, though he remained an amateur.

"As he lost his hair, the chip on his shoulder grew,” said Lily, who also added that later in her father’s life, he was, “forever thankful to Michael Jordan for shaving his head and ultimately making bald cool.”

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2024, 07:58:32 AM »
Nobody wants to be bald at 19.

Yep. Guy was in pain.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2024, 11:51:52 AM »
Jada Pinkett Smith

Liar Priest chilidogged booty.

They should spank black kids harder in schools. They've tried everything else.
K

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2024, 12:02:25 PM »
There was a world class runner from Rochester NY named Dick Buerkle. Set the mile record and was on the Olympic team. He lost his hair at an early age and a family member said he went off the deep end- which is probably why he was such an intense runner. So yeah - I know of someone who lost his mind from baldness.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2020/06/22/dick-buerkle-u-s-olympian-and-former-world-indoor-mile-record-holder/3233665001/

Dick never stopped pushing,” his daughter Lily Buerkle said. “There was no such thing as a relaxed family run around the block. Every run ended in a sprint. Dick’s elbow would always find a way to edge out the person next to him, even if it was his young daughter.”

Known for his bald head long before the look became chic – he lost all his hair by the age of 12 due to alopecia – he graduated in 1970 and became a star runner on the national track circuit, though he remained an amateur.

"As he lost his hair, the chip on his shoulder grew,” said Lily, who also added that later in her father’s life, he was, “forever thankful to Michael Jordan for shaving his head and ultimately making bald cool.”

Phrasing!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2024, 01:54:46 PM »
Jada Pinkett Smith

Liar Priest chilidogged booty.

They should spank black kids harder in schools. They've tried everything else.

Lol, I read this and was like “that Chadwick dude with Donny Osmond in his avatar used to post this”. Looked up and saw it was you. Good shit.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2024, 01:56:59 PM »
Britney Spears lost her mind and then went bald if that counts?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2024, 02:02:02 PM »
Britney Spears lost her mind and then went bald if that counts?

Imagine waking up and having that stare at you.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2024, 02:06:49 PM »
We don’t call it “baldness” here. We call it “sufficient coverage”.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2024, 04:05:35 PM »
You're conflating looking good with being healthy. Being a sloppy mess with a gut is horrible for society. Being organized and healthy, isn't on par with spending 45 minutes per day grooming. 

If you've raised your kids to over value appearance you fucked up. A real man doesn't care about his appearance it use to be one of the key distinctions between a real man and a woman. The fagification of the modern man started with that metrosexual shit. Your appearance is a resume it's important but not because it makes you feel all beautiful inside.

It's a means to the ends, better appearance equals better mating opportunities employment opportunities etc. A guy feeling all warm inside because they "look good", is like a woman feeling good because she's great at sucking dick. It's a life skill for sure, but you ain't doing it for you.

Sounds like you’ve got things all figured out

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2024, 03:26:14 AM »
You're conflating looking good with being healthy. Being a sloppy mess with a gut is horrible for society. Being organized and healthy, isn't on par with spending 45 minutes per day grooming. 

If you've raised your kids to over value appearance you fucked up. A real man doesn't care about his appearance it use to be one of the key distinctions between a real man and a woman. The fagification of the modern man started with that metrosexual shit. Your appearance is a resume it's important but not because it makes you feel all beautiful inside.

It's a means to the ends, better appearance equals better mating opportunities employment opportunities etc. A guy feeling all warm inside because they "look good", is like a woman feeling good because she's great at sucking dick. It's a life skill for sure, but you ain't doing it for you.

Maybe it’s coming across different in text than what was meant. I don’t spend time preening in the mirror or styling my hair, but I do practice good hygiene and don’t dress like a slob. I work in a blue collar industry but still wear a collared shirt even on a day I may have to jump in and do manual labor. Like I said, my kids will never have to worry about me eating lunch with them at school in dirty sweatpants.