Author Topic: The 2024 General Election  (Read 46694 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: The 2024 General Election
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2023, 01:37:46 PM »
He is involved with an organization that doesn't believe babies should receive unnecessary vaccines.  Wow.  No, that does not define who he is.  His lifetime body of work defines who he is. 

But passive aggressive headlines like this achieve the desired result of feeding and conditioning people with tunnel vision.

So are you saying you agree with these headlines and their purpose? Interesting. Is Kennedy for or against vaccines? Is the organization he chairs pro or opposed to vaccines?

Kennedy has many interests and notable accomplishments including his views on vaccines which appear to be anti-vaccine, am I wrong?

Here are a couple of current headlines where he is noted for his anti-vaccine stance in reference to his running for President.

The Washington Post
'Robert F. Kennedy Jr., anti-vaccine proponent, files to run for president'

The New York Times
'Robert Kennedy Jr., a Noted Vaccine Skeptic, Files to Run for President'

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2023, 05:25:24 PM »
So are you saying you agree with these headlines and their purpose? Interesting. Is Kennedy for or against vaccines? Is the organization he chairs pro or opposed to vaccines?

Kennedy has many interests and notable accomplishments including his views on vaccines which appear to be anti-vaccine, am I wrong?

Here are a couple of current headlines where he is noted for his anti-vaccine stance in reference to his running for President.

The Washington Post
'Robert F. Kennedy Jr., anti-vaccine proponent, files to run for president'

The New York Times
'Robert Kennedy Jr., a Noted Vaccine Skeptic, Files to Run for President'

What??  I disagree with the narrative of the headline.  As I indicated, he should be described based on his body of work, not by his participation in some board or believer in some cause. 

It's like this headline about Herman Cain:

Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis
By Reuters Staff
JULY 30, 2020
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-cain-idUSKCN24V2OD

They didn't define Herman Cain as the incredibly successful businessman.  They included that garbage about wearing a mask.  As if that defined him or caused his death.  This kind of misleading headline is what continues to provide fodder for partisans. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2023, 11:06:48 AM »
Biden says he's still 'not prepared to announce' 2024 presidential run
Biden, 80, insists he plans on running
By Jessica Chasmar | Fox News
Published April 10, 2023

President Biden said Monday that he intends to run for re-election in 2024 but still isn't ready to formally announce it yet.

"I plan on running, Al, but we’re not prepared to announce it yet," the president told NBC's Al Roker on the "Today" show.

Biden joked that he still had four, "maybe five," more White House Easter egg rolls in him.

The 80-year-old president has repeatedly said for months that he intends to seek a second term in the White House, but he’s yet to make any formal announcements.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-still-not-prepared-announce-2024-presidential-run

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2023, 11:08:53 AM »
Spoiler Joe? Speculation grows Manchin might wage third-party challenge to Biden
An independent run by West Virginia senator would be reminiscent of Ross Perot's disruptive '92 bid.
By Nick Givas
Updated: April 8, 2023
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/eve-third-wheelhow-manchin-could-become-next-ross-perot-centrist-voters

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2023, 11:11:49 AM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2023, 11:12:34 AM »
Just 32 percent believe Biden should be reelected. 

https://rumble.com/v2gmd2q-you-know-it-pained-cnn-to-report-this.html?mref=22lbp&mc=56yab

And those are probably all long dead "voters".

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2023, 11:41:53 AM »
Spoiler Joe? Speculation grows Manchin might wage third-party challenge to Biden
An independent run by West Virginia senator would be reminiscent of Ross Perot's disruptive '92 bid.
By Nick Givas
Updated: April 8, 2023
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/eve-third-wheelhow-manchin-could-become-next-ross-perot-centrist-voters

Like Ross Perot, haha.... "I knew Ross Perot and Manchin is no Ross Perot"  ala Lloyd Bentsen.

Nobody is voting for him. He just extorts his party so his shithole state gets more.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2023, 11:58:14 AM »
What??  I disagree with the narrative of the headline.  As I indicated, he should be described based on his body of work, not by his participation in some board or believer in some cause. 

It's like this headline about Herman Cain:

Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis
By Reuters Staff
JULY 30, 2020
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-cain-idUSKCN24V2OD

They didn't define Herman Cain as the incredibly successful businessman.  They included that garbage about wearing a mask.  As if that defined him or caused his death.  This kind of misleading headline is what continues to provide fodder for partisans.

It is good that you do not agree with that headline. Since Kennedy Chairs the organization that published it and the accompanying article, he is at the least partly responsible for what they publish. So while it does not define him by his entire 'body of work' it does speak to at least a part of it.

I Chair a corporation dedicated to supporting PERS retirees. Before our public relations/lobbyist folks publish anything on our webpage or in our newsletter the board reviews it. When we do surveys and other member mailings my name is on them, so I darn well want to know the details of the survey or mailing because if a member disagrees or is offended, I am going to hear about it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2023, 12:02:57 PM »
And those are probably all long dead "voters".

So now the dead speak as well as vote. And here I thought that when someone dies, they cease directly communicating either vocally or with actions.  :)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2023, 12:05:37 PM »
So now the dead speak as well as vote. And here I thought that when someone dies, they cease directly communicating either vocally or with actions.  :)

You either live in a bubble or have amnesia if you are unaware of this tactic.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2023, 12:25:12 PM »

Like Ross Perot, haha.... "I knew Ross Perot and Manchin is no Ross Perot"  ala Lloyd Bentsen.

Nobody is voting for him. He just extorts his party so his shithole state gets more.

Yeah.  Zero appeal to independents and crossover Republicans. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2023, 12:26:46 PM »
It is good that you do not agree with that headline. Since Kennedy Chairs the organization that published it and the accompanying article, he is at the least partly responsible for what they publish. So while it does not define him by his entire 'body of work' it does speak to at least a part of it.

I Chair a corporation dedicated to supporting PERS retirees. Before our public relations/lobbyist folks publish anything on our webpage or in our newsletter the board reviews it. When we do surveys and other member mailings my name is on them, so I darn well want to know the details of the survey or mailing because if a member disagrees or is offended, I am going to hear about it.

If you die tomorrow, should a headline announcing your death include your position as board chair and a controversial position the board has taken?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2023, 11:24:27 PM »
Republican Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina to launch presidential exploratory committee
Scott will be a guest Wednesday morning on Fox News’ “Fox and Friends"
By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News
Published April 11, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-sen-tim-scott-south-carolina-launch-presidential-exploratory-committee

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2023, 12:59:54 AM »
Republican Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina to launch presidential exploratory committee
Scott will be a guest Wednesday morning on Fox News’ “Fox and Friends"
By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News
Published April 11, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-sen-tim-scott-south-carolina-launch-presidential-exploratory-committee
I'll save him the time and money. DON'T RUN!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2023, 02:26:14 PM »
I'll save him the time and money. DON'T RUN!

We can say that about anyone other than Trump.  Barring some kind of health issue, he's going to be the GOP nominee. 

But I do like Scott.  He should be on the VP short list.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2023, 02:26:47 PM »
Romney Files For 2024 Re-Election But Doesn’t Actually Announce a Bid
Photo of Jon Dougherty Jon Dougherty
April 13, 2023
https://conservativebrief.com/romney-files-72478/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=TW

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2023, 01:20:51 AM »
We can say that about anyone other than Trump.  Barring some kind of health issue, he's going to be the GOP nominee. 

But I do like Scott.  He should be on the VP short list.

Trump will not be the GOP nominee-

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2023, 01:28:08 AM »
Trump will not be the GOP nominee-

Unless he gets barred from running I'll have to disagree with you on this one. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2023, 01:38:55 AM »
Unless he gets barred from running I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

His age, his baggage... not enough Republicans are that stupid to put their eggs in his basket. This forum is skewed. There are enough rational republicans that don't post here that will go Desantis over Trump.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2023, 01:20:58 PM »
Mike Pompeo called it quits.   Dropped out and refused to endore Trumpy.   :D

That little campaign didn't last long.    :'(

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2023, 12:37:14 AM »
Romney Files For 2024 Re-Election But Doesn’t Actually Announce a Bid
Photo of Jon Dougherty Jon Dougherty
April 13, 2023
https://conservativebrief.com/romney-files-72478/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=TW
He would have a better chance running as a democrat. Romney is the republican version of Joe Manchin.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2023, 02:28:33 PM »
His age, his baggage... not enough Republicans are that stupid to put their eggs in his basket. This forum is skewed. There are enough rational republicans that don't post here that will go Desantis over Trump.

This forum is consistent with essentially all available polls, which show Trump with a commanding lead as the GOP nominee.  As I previously indicated, I would love to see DeSantis win, but I don't see a path forward for him to beat Trump.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2023, 02:29:01 PM »
Mike Pompeo called it quits.   Dropped out and refused to endore Trumpy.   :D

That little campaign didn't last long.    :'(

He never had a campaign. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2023, 02:30:04 PM »
He would have a better chance running as a democrat. Romney is the republican version of Joe Manchin.

Yeah his window has closed.  Wouldn't surprise me if he ran as a Democrat.  Good analogy to Manchin. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2023, 01:10:48 AM »
Yeah his window has closed.  Wouldn't surprise me if he ran as a Democrat.  Good analogy to Manchin.
They are actually buddies. When CSPAN shows Senate votes they are always standing together and talking. Probably feel a kinship knowing they are the most hated senator in their party.