Author Topic: diet doesnt work for me cardio does work even with high cal diet  (Read 2233 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
as we know ive been dieting. all i could really do was about 3-5 sets a day thats all i had energy for after work. you know like dips, rows, and clean n presses thats it.

so my progress ended me up at around 285, i was restricting carbs, then sometimes added some healthy carbs , making little adjustments here and there with macros, then added more protien then added kelp still was around 285 then kinda gave up on restricting cals so much because i felt kinda getting more tired and fatigued so i increased calories, added in cheese cake, added in golden chocolate fudge cake, added in baked apples at night, added more protien up to around 350 a day along with high fat high carbs

then weight got up to 290 and i didnt like that so started walkin and jogging at a steep incline on my treadmill WITHOUT calorie reduction started at 5-10 minites a day every other day , now doing it every day, today was the first day i ran on some trails in the woods then ran on the train tracks for 20 minites.. im down to 279 WOW im only doing 2-3 sets of weight lifting a day

i guess the thermo genic property of food help me loose weight as long as i do cardio

my supps are 2 kelp pills sometimes 3 all in the morning and lunch and 1/2 or 1 whole selenium pilll

soy protien and whey protien

just thought id share with my bros
A

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
Re: diet doesnt work for me cardio does work even with high cal diet
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:33:50 AM »
I hate dieting and cutting out food always makes me weak and never seems to have any significant effect. I am losing weight now by running up hills, running suicides, and doing old wrestling team practice drills, jog in place, drop - do 10 pushups 10 situps , stand back up jog in place drop, 9 pushups 9 situps, etc..
Distance running is OK but for my fat ass I have to do the super intense shit for it to make a difference.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:40:17 AM »
Try GH

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 06:42:51 AM »
Try GH

love too, my broke ass is lucky to get test from my doc.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 06:47:05 AM »
Its all plus and minus Johnny too many cals than you burn = fat gain, burn more than you take in = loss. Get a virtual head set and put on some fat ass hoes running from behind asses popping and try to catch them it will make cardio more entertaining.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 06:49:37 AM »
love too, my broke ass is lucky to get test from my doc.

Have him investigate this broken ass issue too.  :(

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 06:52:41 AM »
some fat ass hoes running from behind asses popping and try to catch them it will make cardio more entertaining.

I once ran a 5 mile trail race and was running behind two girls in the woods for 1/2 hour, I kept thinking about those friday the 13th movies while I was chasing them. I spit on one of them at a water station, didn`t mean to just worked out that way.  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 06:54:12 AM »
I once ran a 5 mile trail race and was running behind two girls in the woods for 1/2 hour, I kept thinking about those friday the 13th movies while I was chasing them. I spit on one of them at a water station, didn`t mean to just worked out that way.  ;D
:D ;D Good work.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »
I ran to the fridge once......for some pizza bites

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 06:58:11 AM »
Its all plus and minus Johnny too many cals than you burn = fat gain, burn more than you take = loss. Get a virtual head set and put on  some fat ass hoes running from behind asses popping and try to catch them it will make cardio more entertaining.

no man look what i wrote above

weightloss STOPPED with low calories or even reducing slightly, adjusting macros ect ect. DIETING ALONE simply doesnt work for me. people are going to have different levels of thyroid depending upon how fast they deplete it , there are tons of factors at play. this is not only a genetics argument from your perspective .

dieting is simple, if it was just about reducing calories there would be no issues

metabolism slows too much for me to a point where the pounds stop falling off then feel more tired

high cals keep the metabolism elevated

anytime you feel like you have higher energy that means more thyroid, quicker metabolism, you can do more manual labor and that means more muscle retention,

the cardio for me burns a shitload more calories than the machine says. and its not hard to do, just watch tv while i do it.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 06:59:24 AM »
hahah i bet you enjoyed that run

this is the key to cardio, you dont even have to run hard, just walk or jog till your tired behined some sluts or watch the tv
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 07:01:01 AM »
no man look what i wrote above

weightloss STOPPED with low calories or even reducing slightly, adjusting macros ect ect. DIETING ALONE simply doesnt work for me. people are going to have different levels of thyroid depending upon how fast they deplete it , there are tons of factors at play. this is not only a genetics argument from your perspective .

dieting is simple, if it was just about reducing calories there would be no issues

metabolism slows too much for me to a point where the pounds stop falling off then feel more tired

high cals keep the metabolism elevated

anytime you feel like you have higher energy that means more thyroid, quicker metabolism, you can do more manual labor and that means more muscle retention,

the cardio for me burns a shitload more calories than the machine says. and its not hard to do, just watch tv while i do it.

Agreed, if you go too low in cals the body goes in starvation mode holding on to fat for survival, putting the cardio in hyped up your metabolism and same time burns mores cals.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 07:02:38 AM »
this is inspiring, especially the cardio, it's very good

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 07:04:02 AM »
Agreed, if you go too low in cals the body goes in starvation mode holding on to fat for survival, putting the cardio in hyped up your metabolism and same time burns mores cals.

IMO anytime you reduce calories, or better yet feel hungry you go in starvation mode

cardio and high calories is key

even manual labor and high calories

remember when you did some painting for me , painting trim and you said your hips were sore and you were a bit suprised, even though it didnt seem like you were working that hard, it was the TIME under Tension that developed or stressed that muscle

its not all about working hard heavy weights when your older , its more about Time under tension
A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 07:08:21 AM »
Why not try tren under tension?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 07:13:40 AM »
Reminds me of the time I got stranded on a desert island and my weightloss just stopped.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
IMO anytime you reduce calories, or better yet feel hungry you go in starvation mode

cardio and high calories is key

even manual labor and high calories

remember when you did some painting for me , painting trim and you said your hips were sore and you were a bit suprised, even though it didnt seem like you were working that hard, it was the TIME under Tension that developed or stressed that muscle

its not all about working hard heavy weights when your older , its more about Time under tension
Time under tension is very important no doubt. The high cals have a limitation you cant eat 10k of cals a day and lose fat no matter how much cardio etc you do so if you can find that magic number thats works for then agree but as you lose weight that caloric number maximum will go down so the same thing that worked for a few weeks wont work anymore so adjustment will be required.

Yea my hip flexors got sore from sitting on the floor cross legged painting the baseboard for about 4 hours any new exercise or movement or that you havent done in awhile will make the muscles sore.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 07:18:43 AM »
I think moderate cardio + moderate diet restriction is the best approach to lose weight.

High-volume cardio I find to be impossible on a calorie deficit unless I want to feel miserable all week.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 07:24:33 AM »
A good basic formula for cals is bodyweight x 15 to maintain. Drop a few cals not a drastic drop so as to go into starvation mode when that stops working drop a few more.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 07:25:00 AM »
Reminds me of the time I got stranded on a desert island and my weightloss just stopped.

Your body went into survival mode, try to pay attention.  :D