Author Topic: Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It's a Democratic Problem  (Read 6209 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It's a Democratic Problem
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Is the mass shootings that caused these events no?

what events are you referring to?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »
classic right wing desperation to blame Dems rather than trying to address the problem

Since virtually ALL of these nutbag shooters in these mass murder event are white men one could just as easily it's a problem with white men

btw - Adam Lanza is most definitely a poster boy for this nutbag gun violence and along with being a white man he was also described by people who knew him as a politically conservative

The killer at the Sikh temple was a white male, white supremacist type who  talked about an "impending racial holy war"

sounds like that guy would have fit right in on this board

As usual you are wrong.   Provide credible links to back up your claims. I want totals of gun violence, where and by whom. Not just the rare high publicity cases you focus on.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »
As usual you are wrong.   Provide credible links to back up your claims. I want totals of gun violence, where and by whom. Not just the rare high publicity cases you focus on.

I don't give a fuck what you want

I specifically said these "nutbag shooters in these mass murder events"

if you know I'm "wrong" then you can easily prove it

I'm not talking your every day gun violence.  I'm talking about the person who decides today is the say to shoot up a movie theater or a school or a Sikh temple or a Jewish museum or a congresswoman giving a speech at a grocery store etc..

"virtually" all white guys

the guy who shot up the navy yard was black so there's an exception for you

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »

I'm not talking your every day gun violence.  I'm talking about the person who decides today is the say to shoot up a movie theater or a school or a Sikh temple or a Jewish museum or a congresswoman giving a speech at a grocery store etc..

so we are back to the argument that the number of people who die isnt important just the number who die at one time?

its ignorant to think that the mass shootings make up even a fraction of the deaths that are referred to in the article.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »
so we are back to the argument that the number of people who die isnt important just the number who die at one time?

its ignorant to think that the mass shootings make up even a fraction of the deaths that are referred to in the article.

that's your argument - not mine

any sensible gun legislation would help lower the incidents of all types of gun violence

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 07:14:42 PM »
that's your argument - not mine

any sensible gun legislation would help lower the incidents of all types of gun violence
no its your argument, why else bring up the white male mass shooters?

Any sensible gun legislation doesnt treat the root of the problem. Additional gun legislation also restricts the already restricted rights of millions of law abiding citizens.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 09:10:05 PM »
no its your argument, why else bring up the white male mass shooters?

Any sensible gun legislation doesnt treat the root of the problem. Additional gun legislation also restricts the already restricted rights of millions of law abiding citizens.

What is the root of the problem?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 03:05:31 AM »

I'm not talking your every day gun violence.  I'm talking about the person who decides today is the say to shoot up a movie theater or a school or a Sikh temple or a Jewish museum or a congresswoman giving a speech at a grocery store etc..

Come on, prove it.  Who commits the most gun violence and where?  We are all waiting! 
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 03:39:04 AM »
Come on, prove it.  Who commits the most gun violence and where?  We are all waiting! 

Blacks and latinos in urban areas.

Just say it out loud Archer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2014, 03:45:19 AM »

Correct

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 05:14:11 AM »

Say what?   Strawman thinks mass shootings are exclusively white, frequent and relevant to the gun control debate.  I want proof or once again I'm going to assume hes been overcome by emotion again.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2014, 05:23:14 AM »
Say what?   Strawman thinks mass shootings are exclusively white, frequent and relevant to the gun control debate.  I want proof or once again I'm going to assume hes been overcome by emotion again.

Mass shootings by whites are not even a drop in the ocean compared to ghetto gangbanger inner city thug shootings.   

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2014, 05:32:36 AM »

yes Straw the mass shootings committed by white kids at schools that you see on tv are committed by white people.  you're right.  but gun violence is a much bigger problem in the huge urban cities committed primarily by African American and Latino men with gang affiliations.  there is absolutely no argument here.  what you're saying is silly.  

the only reason you have the opinion that you have is that black gang members on the West Side of Chicago killing each other doesn't make the news except for maybe a 3 second blurb before the sports segment.  its just not news anymore.  so you just don't get to see it.  a more sensational story to tell by these news programs (you know. the kind that gets viewers) are stories about gun violence in white rural areas committed by pimply faced teens from good homes.  Why?  Because it's RARE.  And people like you watch tv and think that because it shows more stories about the white kids shooting up schools that this is the real problem.  You are simply a victim of sensationalized media.  

FACT.  black and latino kids are killing each other every day in Chicago.  thousands and thousands more kids and young men are killed by gang violence in urban areas than from mass shootings in white schools.  THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS more.  I have about 6 cops in my family.  They see it every day.  Horrible stories.  EVERY.  SINGLE. WEEK.  And it never makes the news.  Why?  Because its par for the course.  ITS NOT NEWS!!!!

this article hits the nail on the head.  any argument against it is just plain stupid.  its fucking disturbing that people will refuse to believe something simply because they can't see it on tv.  ridiculous.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2014, 05:39:49 AM »

"i'm not talking about real life.  I'm only talking about the stories that I see on the news!"

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 06:07:13 AM »
Urban gun violence is just another part of the Democrat party war on blacks....

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 07:29:48 AM »
White Male

Brown Male (rare exception to the White Male)

Right,  the vast proportion of the 'gun violence' in chicago, NY, LA, detroit, new orleans, memphis, and every other major city in the nation is perpetrated by 'white males'.

::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2014, 07:34:09 AM »
Right,  the vast proportion of the 'gun violence' in chicago, NY, LA, detroit, new orleans, memphis, and every other major city in the nation is perpetrated by 'white males'.

::)

You gotta love the ridiculous mental gymnastics these guys take to forward their narrative.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 07:34:31 AM »
How can anyone deny that most of the gun violence is perpetrated by blacks and hispanics?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 07:47:45 AM »
How can anyone deny that most of the gun violence is perpetrated by blacks and hispanics?

Because Blacks and Hispanics shooting each other is not news.  Blacks and Hispanics shooting white people is not news.  no news show cares to cover it.  its too bland a story because its all too common. 

Now a cop shooting a black or Hispanic is news.  a white pimply faced kid from the suburbs shooting someone is news.  These types of stories are not nearly as common so people want to tune in when they hear a story like this. 

so media babies who think that the tv is a direct reflection on real life begin to believe that if its not reported on tv it doesn't really happen that often. 

they start to believe that mass shootings at schools is an epidemic. 

they start believing that all female teachers blow kids after school.

they begin to believe that we have a "steroid crisis" in our high schools.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
Fact:  You are more likely to be seriously injured or killed in a car accident than you are by guns.  Ban cars?

Fact:  Violent crime in the USA has consistently decreased since the early 1990s.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »
classic right wing desperation to blame Dems rather than trying to address the problem

Since virtually ALL of these nutbag shooters in these mass murder event are white men one could just as easily it's a problem with white men

btw - Adam Lanza is most definitely a poster boy for this nutbag gun violence and along with being a white man he was also described by people who knew him as a politically conservative

The killer at the Sikh temple was a white male, white supremacist type who  talked about an "impending racial holy war"

sounds like that guy would have fit right in on this board

Can't refute any of the factual information in the OP so he deflects.  The OP was as clear cut an on the money as you can get. 

Sorry if reality doesn't fit your world view.  :'(

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »
"i'm not talking about real life.  I'm only talking about the stories that I see on the news!"

What a fucking retard.  Save her post for posterity
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »
is it the gun that kills someone or does someone use the gun to kill?

answer that and then let me know if you still have questions, what are the gun laws in france like?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2014, 04:49:11 PM »

Shitty, poor, broken families in urban areas. It just so happens, that these areas are mostly inhabited by non whites.