Author Topic: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates  (Read 182257 times)

James

Re: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates
« Reply #1075 on: February 02, 2016, 08:48:36 AM »
I don't trust any politician.  

We don't agree about Fox News and your evidence, but that horse is dead already.  

So you didn't read the article?  Kinda hard to completely dismiss it if you haven't read it.  It's not like Schoen is Dick Morris (a discredited toe sucker).  

Whats next ? maybe you're gonna post an article from Rachel Maddow on what she thinks of the Republican Candidates ?

And you bringing up Dick Morris, kind of odd considering you both helped elect Bill Clinton, Morris by advising him and you by voting for him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1076 on: February 02, 2016, 09:00:41 AM »
Whats next ? maybe you're gonna post an article from Rachel Maddow on what she thinks of the Republican Candidates ?

And speaking of Dick Morris, kind of odd considering you both helped elect Bill Clinton, Morris by advising him and you by voting for him.

If Rachel Maddow posts commentary that I find interesting, or that I think others might find interesting, I'll absolutely post it.  I've posted numerous opinion (and other) pieces from all kinds of sources.  I'm on huffingtonpost and newsmax (among other sources) pretty much every day.  Gives me a good perspective of what is being pushed by liberals and conservatives. 

Nothing odd at all about me calling Dick Morris what he is.  Him being a discredited toe sucker has zero to do with me voting for Clinton twice.  He didn't influence my votes one bit. 

You should give up the ad hominem schtick.  It does not suit you.   :)

James

« Reply #1077 on: February 02, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
.  Gives me a good perspective of what is being pushed by liberals and conservatives.  

That is why I was pointing out earlier, that the article you posted is written by a Democrat, someone who will be voting for Hillary or Bernie and that his opinion of the Republican Candidates should be taken in with knowing who he is and his bias.

If Rachel Maddow posts commentary that I find interesting, or that I think others might find interesting, I'll absolutely post it.  I've posted numerous opinion (and other) pieces from all kinds of sources.  I'm on huffingtonpost and newsmax (among other sources) pretty much every day.  Gives me a good perspective of what is being pushed by liberals and conservatives.  

Nothing odd at all about me calling Dick Morris what he is.  Him being a discredited toe sucker has zero to do with me voting for Clinton twice.  He didn't influence my votes one bit.  

You should give up the ad hominem schtick.  It does not suit you.   :)

Not attacking you, just stating the facts...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1078 on: February 02, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »
That is what I was pointing out earlier, that the article you posted is written by a Democrat, someone who will be voting for Hillary or Bernie and that his opinion of the Republican Candidates should be taken in with knowing who he is and his bias.

Not attacking you, just stating the facts...

I read the opinion piece.  He makes good points.  Doesn't matter to me if he's voting for a Democrat.  Liberals aren't immune from making good points. 

Yes, questioning my disdain for the toe sucker because I voted for Clinton is talking about me, rather than the issues. 

James

« Reply #1079 on: February 02, 2016, 09:17:24 AM »
I read the opinion piece.  He makes good points.  Doesn't matter to me if he's voting for a Democrat.  Liberals aren't immune from making good points.  

You pointed it out as you agree with him, as you "like Rubio a lot" and I pointed out he is a democrat, something you did not .

Yes, questioning my disdain for the toe sucker because I voted for Clinton is talking about me, rather than the issues.  

The fact is you both helped put Bill Clinton in the White House.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1080 on: February 02, 2016, 09:20:35 AM »
The fact is you both helped put Bill Clinton in the White House  :)

Yes, me and more than 90 million other Americans.  What does that have to do with Dick Morris being a discredited toe sucker? 

James

« Reply #1081 on: February 02, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »
What does that have to do with Dick Morris being a discredited toe sucker?  

Ask yourself as you injected him into this discussion, not me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1082 on: February 02, 2016, 09:24:29 AM »
Ask yourself as you injected him into this discussion not me.

Ask myself what you mean by your comments comparing my votes for Clinton 20 and 24 years ago and with Dick Morris?  Nah. 

James

« Reply #1083 on: February 02, 2016, 09:30:45 AM »
Ask myself what you mean by your comments comparing my votes for Clinton 20 and 24 years ago and with Dick Morris?  Nah.  

You brought up Morris in reference to me saying Rubio will say anything to get elected, just like Bill Clinton, and the fact is that you were fooled by Bill as well, so no wonder you "like Rubio a lot" and agree with what Doug Schoen writes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1084 on: February 02, 2016, 09:35:54 AM »
You bought up Morris in reference to me saying Rubio will say anything to get elected, just like Bill Clinton, and the fact is that you were fooled by Bill as well.

I brought up Morris in relation to you refusing to even read an opinion piece by Doug Schoen, and I compared Schoen with Morris.  You then made it about me and Morris.  Classic ad hominem. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1085 on: February 02, 2016, 09:37:31 AM »
Donald Trump Comes Out Of Iowa Looking Like Pat Buchanan
By NATE SILVER
Feb 2, 2016

Donald Trump after speaking at a caucus site Monday in Iowa.
JAE C. HONG / AP

On Monday, Iowa voters did something that Republican “party elites” had failed to do for more than seven months: They rejected Donald Trump.

Trump received 24 percent of the vote in the Iowa caucuses, placing him closer to the third-place candidate, Marco Rubio (23 percent), than to the winner, Ted Cruz (28 percent). Trump underperformed his polls, which had him winning Iowa with 29 percent of the vote, while Cruz and Rubio outperformed theirs.

It’s not uncommon for the polls to be off in Iowa and other early-voting states, but the manner in which Trump underachieved is revealing. It turns out that few late-deciding voters went for him. According to entrance polls in Iowa, Trump won 39 percent of the vote among Iowans who decided on their candidate more than a month ago. But he took just 13 percent of voters who had decided in the last few days, with Rubio instead winning the plurality of those voters.

WHEN DECISION TO SUPPORT WAS MADE   TRUMP   CRUZ   RUBIO
Just today   15%   22%   28%
In the last few days   13   27   31
Sometime last week   13   36   27
In the last month   23   32   27
Before that   39   26   13
SOURCE: IOWA REPUBLICAN ENTRANCE POLL

Could this have been a reaction to Trump’s failure to show up for last week’s GOP debate? It’s plausible. Trump, who seemed uncharacteristically chastened in his brief concession speech on Monday, might think twice before skipping a debate again. But there was no decline in his polls in New Hampshire or nationally after the missed debate, which suggests that something else might have been at work in Iowa.

Could it have been his lack of a ground game in Iowa? That’s possible, too. If so, it has interesting implications for the rest of Trump’s campaign. On the one hand, it’s hard to build a field operation on short notice, so if Trump had a poor one in Iowa he may face similar challenges in the remaining 49 states. On the other hand, a field operation potentially matters less in primary states than in caucus states like Iowa.

But there’s good reason to think that the ground game wasn’t the only reason for Trump’s defeat. Republican turnout in Iowa was extremely high by historical standards and beat most projections. Furthermore, Trump won the plurality of first-time caucus-goers.

There may have been a more basic reason for Trump’s loss: The dude just ain’t all that popular. Even among Republicans.

The final Des Moines Register poll before Monday’s vote showed Trump with a favorability rating of only 50 percent favorable against an unfavorable rating of 47 percent among Republican voters. (By contrast, Cruz had a favorable rating of 65 percent, and Rubio was at 70 percent.) It’s almost unprecedented for a candidate to win a caucus or a primary when he has break-even favorables within his own party.

Still, Trump had seemed poised to do it, in part because of the intensity of his support. He’s highly differentiated from the rest of the field — a strategic advantage in such a crowded race — and the voters who like Trump like him an awful lot. The disproportionate media coverage of Trump played a large role too, though. Most Republican voters like several candidates. How does a Republican voter who likes (for example) Trump, Cruz and Chris Christie choose among them? The answer seems to have a lot to do with which candidate is getting the most news coverage.

In Iowa, however, the media environment wasn’t as lopsided in Trump’s favor. Voters were blanketed with ads from all the candidates. And they sought out information on their own before settling on their vote. There was a late spike in Google searches for Cruz and Rubio in the state Monday, bringing them almost even with Trump, even as Trump continued to dominate in search traffic nationally.

What about those national polls showing Trump with support in the mid- to high 30s? They might also be a mirage, reflecting a combination of the Trump base (24 percent is nothing to sneeze at, but also well short of a winning coalition), plus a few other bandwagon-jumpers who come along for the ride but who may peel off as they research the candidates more deeply.

I wrote in August about “Donald Trump’s Six Stages Of Doom” and noted that this might be a problem for Trump. Several past factional candidates, including Pat Buchanan, Pat Robertson and Ron Paul,1 received somewhere around 25 percent of the vote in Iowa. Under some circumstances, 25 percent can be good enough to win an early state. But it leaves you well short of the majority you need to win a nomination.

What might Pat Buchanan plus obsessive, round-the-clock media coverage look like? Well, possibly a lot like Donald Trump. Iowa voters made Trump appear to be much more of a factional candidate along the lines of Buchanan, who received 23 percent of Iowa’s vote in 1996, than the juggernaut he’s been billed as. We’ll know a lot more after New Hampshire weighs in next week.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trump-comes-out-of-iowa-looking-like-pat-buchanan/

James

« Reply #1086 on: February 02, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »
I brought up Morris in relation to you refusing to even read an opinion piece by Doug Schoen, and I compared Schoen with Morris.  You then made it about me and Morris.  Classic ad hominem.  

Your defense of posting Doug Schoen's article is that he is not Dick Morris, and then you write negatively of him, but then you also basically argue its not who or what a person is, but their opinion that you value, so basically you are arguing the exact different side of the your own argument.

And your bringing up of Dick Morris's past one could take it you that you consider Dick Morris's character is worse than Bill Clinton ::)... Someone that you "liked a lot" too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1087 on: February 02, 2016, 09:58:41 AM »
Your defense of posting Doug Schoen's article is that he is not Dick Morris, and then you write negatively of him, but then you also basically argue its not who or what a person is, but their opinion that you value, so basically you are arguing the exact different side of the your own argument.

And you bringing up Dick Morris past one could take it you that you consider Dick Morris's character is worse than Bill Clinton ::)... Someone that you "liked a lot" too.

I was not (and am not) defending anything.  I don't have to defend posting an opinion piece (or anything else). 

You are missing the point.  There are some people who have demonstrated they are either dishonest or completely unreliable, so nothing they say can be taken at face value.  That's not using ad hominem.  That is completely refusing to even consider what they say, because they cannot be trusted.

That's the context in which I brought up Dick Morris. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1088 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:16 AM »

Its an article written by a Democrat and published by Fox News, the very same Fox News that hates Cruz and hates Trump but loves Rubio, and in my opinion nothing more than a hit piece downplaying Cruz and Trump while cheer-leading Rubio, but considering you love Rubio and you think Fox news truly is fair and balanced when it comes to the all the candidates its no wonder you thought is was worth posting the article written by a Democrat that downplays Cruz and Trump.

Michael Savage did a really good piece on this.  FOX ownership loves the benefits of illegal labor.  Trump and Cruz are both all about shutting the border.  Rubio likes an open border.  So, FOX is doing everything they can to get Rubio elected and bring down Cruz and Trump. 

James

« Reply #1089 on: February 02, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »
There are some people who have demonstrated they are either dishonest or completely unreliable, so nothing they say can be taken at face value.

You just perfectly described Marco Rubio.

" I am strongly against Citizenship for illegals."  (running for Senate)

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

" I am for Citizenship for illegals "   (after becoming Senator)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1090 on: February 02, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »

And you bringing up Dick Morris past one could take it you that you consider Dick Morris's character is worse than Bill Clinton ::)... Someone that you "liked a lot" too.

Dos Equis hoped this would evolve into a discussion on the toe-sucker, and divert the thread away from your very legitimate point.  He's done this for years when he realizes he is really wrong about a subject and cannot defend his position.  "Here's why I'm right, but it doesn't matter because <insert liberal diss or personal insult>"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1091 on: February 02, 2016, 10:23:46 AM »
Dos Equis hoped this would evolve into a discussion on the toe-sucker, and divert the thread away from your very legitimate point.  He's done this for years when he realizes he is really wrong about a subject and cannot defend his position.  "Here's why I'm right, but it doesn't matter because <insert liberal diss or personal insult>"

Thank you for dumbing down the thread.  I always feel slightly more dumb after reading anything you post, which is why I don't read most of what you post. 

James

« Reply #1092 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »
Michael Savage did a really good piece on this.  FOX ownership loves the benefits of illegal labor.  Trump and Cruz are both all about shutting the border.  Rubio likes an open border.  So, FOX is doing everything they can to get Rubio elected and bring down Cruz and Trump.

Rubio is nothing more than a liar who will say or do anything to get elected, then once elected he will abandon his Voters in favor of what the Big Donors and Establishment want.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1093 on: February 03, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul suspends presidential campaign
Published February 03, 2016 
FoxNews.com

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul suspended his Republican presidential campaign on Wednesday, after finishing fifth in the leadoff Iowa caucuses.

Though Paul actually exceeded expectations in the Iowa contest, Fox News is told he did not believe his campaign had the momentum to build upon going into the New Hampshire primary next week. The libertarian-leaning senator made the decision official in a brief statement.

“Across the country thousands upon thousands of young people flocked to our message of limited government, privacy, criminal justice reform and a reasonable foreign policy. Brushfires of Liberty were ignited, and those will carry on, as will I,” he said.

“Although, today I will suspend my campaign for President, the fight is far from over. I will continue to carry the torch for Liberty in the United States Senate and I look forward to earning the privilege to represent the people of Kentucky for another term."

Paul, who was often at odds with other Republican candidates on issues like national security and surveillance, struggled to attract the loyal and enthusiastic following that buoyed his father Ron Paul’s past presidential bids.

He was seen as having a strong debate performance in Des Moines last week, perhaps contributing to his respectable finish on Monday -- but was looking at dim chances next week in New Hampshire, where several other candidates are polling stronger.

Paul, in opting not to continue his presidential bid, can now concentrate on his Senate re-election campaign.

Paul follows former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in dropping out of the Republican primary battle after Iowa’s caucuses.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/03/kentucky-sen-paul-suspends-presidential-campaign.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1094 on: February 03, 2016, 08:01:27 AM »
13 Reasons Marco Rubio Could Win the White House

Image: 13 Reasons Marco Rubio Could Win the White House Republican presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) holds a campaign rally in the Exeter Town Hall February 2, 2016 in Exeter, New Hampshire. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
By Nick Sanchez   |   Wednesday, 03 Feb 2016

Marco Rubio picked up a close third place in the Iowa caucus on Monday, outperforming all expectations and picking up the same number of delegates as second-place finisher Donald Trump.

"This is the moment they said would never happen. For months they told us we had no chance," Rubio said in a speech after the results were tallied. "But tonight here in Iowa, the people of this great state sent a very clear message."

Gathered below are 13 reasons the senator from Florida could win The White House come November.

1. He can unite the party — With Sen. Ted Cruz and Trump both claiming "outsider" status in the election, Rubio has emerged as a top-tier candidate who promises to unite conservatives, libertarians, defense hawks, as well as a wide variety of ages and races under the banner of the Republican Party. "I'm not running to beat up on other Republicans. Ultimately, I'm running to unify this party," Rubio told CNN on Tuesday. "I give us the best chance . . . to nominate a real conservative who can unite the party, grow the party . . . and ultimately defeat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders."

2. He represents hope, not anger — "For months they told us because we offered too much optimism in a time of anger, we had no chance," Rubio said in his post-caucus speech in Iowa. Rubio has consistently showed hope instead of fear, with his campaign promising "A New American Century." Trump, meanwhile, has tapped into the anger and frustration voters have with what they see as a broken Washington. Ultimately, it is a message of hope that usually wins The White House.

3. He has Rush Limbaugh's support — "Marco Rubio I really like," the radio powerhouse said on Tuesday after the Iowa caucus, Breitbart reported. "He was the first to get out there. He hustled to get out there. As such, it made him look like the winner," he continued. "He had energy. I thought it was a great speech that Rubio gave last night. It was energetic."

4. He can win Florida, a crucial swing state — Marco Rubio is a native of Florida, and stands a great chance of sweeping the state in the primary, wining all of the delegates, which are assigned on a winner-take-all basis. After that, he's likely to steal all 29 of its Electoral College votes in the general election, winning the nation's largest swing state for the Republicans.

5. He is the most likely candidate to beat Hillary Clinton — According to a Real Clear Politics polling aggregate, Rubio and Cruz are the most likely to beat Hillary Clinton in a head-to-head matchup, statistically speaking. Rubio edges her out by a healthy 2.5 points. Cruz, on the other hand, beats her by only 1.3 points, while Trump loses to Clinton in a head-to-head matchup by 2.7 points, according to the polls.

6. His foreign policy knowledge is unrivaled — National security in the face of a growing ISIS threat has become a top issue in the presidential race after deadly terrorist attacks rocked Paris and San Bernardino last year. This shift in focus helps the Rubio campaign because he has foreign policy experience as a U.S. senator. In one Republican debate, Trump failed to demonstrate he understood what the nuclear triad even was, much less what he would do with it. Rubio, on the other hand, explained exactly what it was to the audience watching at home, and gave a very clear vision for how he would use it to protect and defend America.

7. He'll pick up votes from dropout candidates — Trump, Ben Carson, and Carly Fiorina have all benefited during the race from having never held elected office, saying that it will take a political outsider like them to clean up Washington. Among GOP voters who value prior political experience, however, Rubio gets high marks. As the field of candidates thins over the coming months, expect to see Rubio pick up the supporters of candidates who are bound to drop out of the race: Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, Chris Christie, John Kasich, and perhaps even Fiorina and Carson.

8. He has a record of conservative victories — Fox News reported that Rubio continues to earn praise for a provision he put in last year's spending bill that prohibits billion-dollar bailouts for private insurers under the Affordable Care Act. "He saved us money on Obamacare where others have simply wanted to repeal it. He has already saved $2.5 billion by eliminating an unreasonable backstop by the taxpayers for a failed program," said Rep. Darrell Issa, former chairman of the House oversight committee, who has endorsed Rubio.

9. He is young but experienced — Unlike Trump, 69, Clinton, 68, and Bernie Sanders, 74, the 44-year-old Rubio is seen by many as a fresh-faced candidate with the energy to lead the country for eight years. Though he is young, he also has the experience, having served four terms in the Florida legislature, including as speaker of the House, majority leader, and majority whip.

10. He embodies the American dream — While candidates like Trump and Bush were born into wealthy families, Rubio was born in Miami to poor Cuban parents who had fled the deadly rise of Fidel Castro. Through hard work, Rubio has risen to the top of American politics at a relatively young age, and his story resonates with a great many voters.

11. He can win the Hispanic vote — As a Miami native who speaks fluent Spanish, Rubio stands a good chance of peeling away Hispanic voters that the Democrats have come to rely on in past elections.

12. He has Tea Party cred — Rubio earned a perfect "100" rating from the American Conservative Union, and has been called the "crown prince" of the Tea Party movement by publications like The Washington Post.

13. He passes the "I'd have a beer with that guy" test — As the son of an immigrant bartender, a former college football player, and husband of a one-time NFL cheerleader, many see Rubio as the most down-to-earth candidate in the entire race.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/marco-rubio-win-white-house/2016/02/03/id/712503/#ixzz3z7ZomuZk

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1095 on: February 03, 2016, 03:55:43 PM »
Sources: Santorum to suspend 2016 presidential campaign
Published February 03, 2016
FoxNews.com

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum plans to announce he is suspending his 2016 presidential campaign Wednesday night, sources tell Fox News.

The decision comes after a poor showing in Monday's Iowa caucuses.

Santorum came in 11th place and picked up just 1 percent of the Iowa vote, despite winning the caucuses when he ran for the Republican nomination four years ago.

Santorum would be the fourth White House hopeful to drop out of the race this week.

Earlier Wednesday, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul announced he would suspend his bid, following former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in leaving the race. On the Democratic side, former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley, who placed a distant third in caucuses, also announced Monday he would drop out.

Santorum is scheduled to be a guest on Fox News' "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren" at 7 p.m. ET.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/03/sources-santorum-to-suspend-2016-presidential-campaign.html?intcmp=hpbt1

James

« Reply #1096 on: February 04, 2016, 08:57:43 AM »
Rubio Is the Republican John Edwards

Anti-amnesty blogger Mickey Kaus highlighted Sen. Marco Rubio’s penchant for dodging questions by retreating to his memorized stump speech and labeled the donor-class candidate the Republican John Edwards.

“Rubio’s the GOP John Edwards,” Kaus tweeted. “Both Rubio and Edwards have the gift of gab, which only takes you so far.”

In an email to Breitbart News, Kaus elaborated on the comparison: “I remember seeing John Edwards talk in New Hampshire in ’04. Great stump speech, but even with questions he didn’t add much more. Left you feeling hungry. I didn’t admit it to myself at the time but it was a signal Edwards was a lightweight (even without the later scandal). I get the same impression watching Rubio, even when I can distance myself from his amnesty betrayal.”

Kaus’ suggestion that Rubio’s success hinges upon his reliance on carefully-crafted talking points seems reinforced by the observation of a local New Hampshire reporter, who likened Rubio to a “computer algorithm designed to cover talking points… It was like someone wound him up, pointed him toward the doors and pushed ‘play,'” the New Hampshire reporter noted.

Kaus’ observation that Rubio is able to retreat to his stump speech seems enabled by the media’s reluctance to ask Rubio challenging questions about his longstanding support of open borders trade and immigration policies.

For instance, on Tuesday night, Fox News’s Megyn Kelly gushed and oozed over Rubio in an almost uncomfortable way. She began her interview with Rubio by playing a clip of Rush Limbaugh praising Rubio as a conservative, in spite of Rubio’s push for open borders. Kelly did not ask Rubio a single question about his longstanding support for open-borders trade and immigration policies. Instead, she asked Rubio if he agreed with the praise he received from Rush Limbaugh.

“Let’s start with Rush Limbaugh’s comment, do you agree that you are no moderate centrist?” Kelly asked.

Throughout the interview, Kelly was effusive in her praise of Rubio’s ability to recite a memorized speech without a teleprompter: “You are very smooth. Your acceptance — well, not acceptance [speech] — but your remarks last night were amazing. You were so articulate. There was no teleprompter.”

During the interview, after Kelly failed to ask Rubio a single question about his desire to expand immigration levels or his support for Obama’s trade agenda, Kelly said: “I will vouch for you — that you have come on the Kelly File regularly, and you always sit for the tough questions. And I’ll note for the record, you never complain, never once — even if we ask really tough questions, which I appreciate.”

Fox News’ founder, Rupert Murdoch, is a co-chair of what is arguably one of the biggest immigration lobbying firms in the country, The Partnership for a New American Economy. Through his lobbying firm, Murdoch has endorsed Rubio’s 2013 amnesty bill as well as his 2015 immigration expansion bill. Murdoch has also endorsed President Obama’s immigration agenda, which Rubio has said would be the “second pillar” of a President Rubio’s three-pillar foreign policy strategy.

Interestingly, while Murdoch’s immigration lobbying firm is called the Partnership for a New American Economy, an entire portion of Rubio’s website is devoted to building what he calls, “The New American Economy.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/03/mickey-kaus-rubio-republican-john-edwards/

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1097 on: February 04, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »
Uh, "The New American Economy"?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1098 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:41 AM »
You guys who love FOX and like to pretend it's "different" need to have a very close look at Rupert Murdoch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1099 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:19 AM »
New Hampshire Poll: Rubio Climbs to Second Place

Image: New Hampshire Poll: Rubio Climbs to Second Place (Getty Images)
By Sandy Fitzgerald
Thursday, 04 Feb 2016

Marco Rubio is climbing in a New Hampshire daily poll, but his second place finish still trails behind Donald Trump's by 11 points as the state's primary election approaches.

According to the WHDH/UMass Lowell poll, the numbers are:

Trump, 36 percent;
Rubio, 15 percent;
Ted Cruz, 14 percent;
Jeb Bush, 8 percent;
John Kasich, 7 percent;
Chris Christie, 5 percent;
Ben Carson, 4 percent;
Carly Fiorina, 3 percent.

The poll, though, showed Rubio climbing steadily, marking 3 points overnight and seven points since Monday, when he finished third in Iowa. Trump's numbers though, have dropped down two points for the first time he lost support in the daily poll.

The poll questioned 487 likely Republican voters and carried a margin of error of 4.9 percent.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Poll-Marco-Rubio-Climbing-Second/2016/02/04/id/712719/#ixzz3zDibZEiT