Author Topic: CT Shooting - What is an "Assault Weapon"? Anyone?  (Read 13279 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: What is an "Assault Weapon"? Anyone?
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2012, 09:47:18 AM »
assault weapons are simple..high volume close quarters = mass kills. They can even be moded to full auto.

My lil bro just got smith and wes assault full auto for 1,500. He's a sport shooter I'm prior military. These weapons in the wrong hands = mass kills though vs a hand guns where the users will be less confident.

If they are banned tomorrow, I couldn't care less. I'm deadly with a handgun/shotgun, but it will deter users who are less exp. to go on mass kill spree.

just FYI..my opinion don't mean jack outside of my opinion b/c there is always the black market where you can get an AK full auto off the streets for same 1500.

Welcome to the ghetto.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
assault weapons are simple..high volume close quarters = mass kills. They can even be moded to full auto.

My lil bro just got smith and wes assault full auto for 1,500. He's a sport shooter I'm prior military. These weapons in the wrong hands = mass kills though vs a hand guns where the users will be less confident.

If they are banned tomorrow, I couldn't care less. I'm deadly with a handgun/shotgun, but it will deter users who are less exp. to go on mass kill spree.

just FYI..my opinion don't mean jack outside of my opinion b/c there is always the black market where you can get an AK full auto off the streets for same 1500.

Welcome to the ghetto.
What branch of the military did you serve in?

BTW I'm assuming that you know that fully automatic weapons are not something you can just buy legally (without jumping through a lot of hoops)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2012, 09:50:49 AM »
What branch of the military did you serve in?

BTW I'm assuming that you know that fully automatic weapons are not something you can just buy legally.

You can buy full auto legally , need to pay a $200 fee to the ATF and have a class 3 licence but fully auto guns are insanely expensive , a full auto M16 can be had $15-20 thousand dollars

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
To kill humans that aim to do you are your family harm , don't like guns? don't buy one that simple , don't like the Constitution of the United States? move , simple solutions

I have two guns. there sole purpose in my home is to shoot someone who tries to harm me or mine.

and i'm realistic enough to not say they are multipurpose tools that when used correctly aren't dangerous...that was you my friend.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2012, 09:52:54 AM »

Haha, guns are possibly the only subject fascinating men more than pussy  8)

would love to mount this on roof my car.... 12 000 rounds/min bishes, hope it's legal

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: CT Shooting - What is an "Assault Weapon"? Anyone?
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
I would like to know why would anyone need this type of assault rifle to defend themselves.  The right to bear arms is very important, but that does not mean any type of weapon.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2012, 09:53:43 AM »
Navy (security, pier sentry,border patrol) Marksman M14, M16, Baretta...etc...

Little brother just bought a fill auto in jacksonville...not bragging but he has it. Fire it. I even questioned him on it until I drove up to jville and shot it( from orlando). Legit....it will be banned imo shortly...but it's out there man. He paid 1500 for it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »
I have two guns. there sole purpose in my home is to shoot someone who tries to harm me or mine.

and i'm realistic enough to not say they are multipurpose tools that when used correctly aren't dangerous...that was you my friend.

Damn right it was me , you can use them for multipurpose just because you don't doesn't mean they don't serve more than one use

An AR-15 can be used for hunting varmints , shooting paper , shooting steel targets , competition shooting , and for killing humans that aim to harm you or loved ones , see multipurpose

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »
I would like to know why would anyone need this type of assault rifle to defend themselves.  The right to bear arms is very important, but that does not mean any type of weapon.

Because those attacking you have the same access to the same guns.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »

Why not?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2012, 09:58:41 AM »
Because those attacking you have the same access to the same guns.  

Yes, it's sad but "commercial sales" is the bottom line. $$$ to buy = here it is. Period point blank.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »

It actually does Ron , ask the Koreans during the L.A. Riots what one needs an assault fire for , ironically their shops weren't burned to the ground and looted

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »
I would like to know why would anyone need this type of assault rifle to defend themselves.  The right to bear arms is very important, but that does not mean any type of weapon.

What bothers you about it Ron? You realize if you take away the pistol grip and put on a fixed stock, it's just a hunting rifle, right? It's not fully automatic. Just because it looks scary to you does not mean it's somehow all that much deadlier than any other semi-automatic hunting rifle.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2012, 10:01:13 AM »
You can buy full auto legally , need to pay a $200 fee to the ATF and have a class 3 licence but fully auto guns are insanely expensive , a full auto M16 can be had $15-20 thousand dollars
Thats what I was getting at. I know they're out there, but to legally own one, you have to get licencing and they're ridiculously expensive. I'm willing to bet the one he bought isn't legal. Probably a modified receiver, or something someone put together.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »
What bothers you about it Ron? You realize if you take away the pistol grip and put on a fixed stock, it's just a hunting rifle, right? It's not fully automatic.
Just because it looks scary to you does not mean it's somehow all that much deadlier than any other semi-automatic hunting rifle.

Exactly , people really need to watch this , A cop explains what they are and what they aren't

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »
I would like to know why would anyone need this type of assault rifle to defend themselves.  The right to bear arms is very important, but that does not mean any type of weapon.

Check it out Ron, same rifle, same caliber, but doesn't look scary. Does this need to be banned as well? Shoots the same round.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

good for hunting rabbits

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2012, 10:07:28 AM »
I get annoyed when i hear "SEMI automatic".

Unless your shit is a barrel loaded, 1770s style musket, your gun loads the next round automatically.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »

Unless your shit is a barrel loaded, 1770s style musket, your gun loads the next round automatically.
::)
Then how do you classify weapons that fire without having to pull the trigger each time? Oh yeah, machine guns, commonly referred to as fully automatic weapons. You can't get all firearm elitist when you're having a discussion with people that may not know these things.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »

Bolt action

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
I have thought a lot about this...

EVERY school needs a cop posted out front.  You have 800 to 2000 "soft" targets inside.  You have a dozen people walking around with clipboards trying to look busy.  You have computer projecters worth 40,000 in every classroom.  Just spring for the salary of a full-time officer from open to close.

When that kid shot out the front glass, the cop would have arrived.  Wearing a vest, well-trained, there's a darn good chance he would have taken the kid out or at least created a standoff that would have given add'l police time to arrive.

Why ANY school in america wouldn't have 1 cop per 1000 students is insane.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

Liberal babies and pansies would scream.

I have thought a lot about this...

EVERY school needs a cop posted out front.  You have 800 to 2000 "soft" targets inside.  You have a dozen people walking around with clipboards trying to look busy.  You have computer projecters worth 40,000 in every classroom.  Just spring for the salary of a full-time officer from open to close.

When that kid shot out the front glass, the cop would have arrived.  Wearing a vest, well-trained, there's a darn good chance he would have taken the kid out or at least created a standoff that would have given add'l police time to arrive.

Why ANY school in america wouldn't have 1 cop per 1000 students is insane.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
I love guns, but I'm okay with there being some add'l steps to the average Joe getting their hands on an AR-15 rifle like this one.  

I go along with friends all the time who get permits - I think it is WAY WAY WAY too easy to get the green light to carry a gun.  You fire ONE round and sit thru a 90 minute class, and then you can carry a gun everywhere you go.  It's way too little - you should be GOOD with a weapon in order to carry it.

AND penalties for crimes, in society in general, need to be greater.  Lock up criminals longer, have a visible police presence (just cut 1-2 classroom projectors and you can afford it).   It'd create jobs, it'd add to community feel, and a cop car outside of the school would make most punk shooters reconsider.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »
Check it out Ron, same rifle, same caliber, but doesn't look scary. Does this need to be banned as well? Shoots the same round.

Exactly.  People who legislate this stuff usually are the ones that know the least.  They have no business crafting legislation.