Author Topic: CT Shooting - What is an "Assault Weapon"? Anyone?  (Read 13314 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: CT Shooting - What is an "Assault Weapon"? Anyone?
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »
I think 240 lost his marbles years ago with the 9/11 stuff and I hardly put any worth into his opinions and posts now. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2012, 10:14:32 AM »
I would like to know why would anyone need this type of assault rifle to defend themselves.  The right to bear arms is very important, but that does not mean any type of weapon.

Well......I'm not sure anyone needs a Hummer as a vehicle but, in the hands of a determined crazy person, it can kill more people driving it down a city sidewalk than the gun will.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »
I love guns, but I'm okay with there being some add'l steps to the average Joe getting their hands on an AR-15 rifle like this one.  

I go along with friends all the time who get permits - I think it is WAY WAY WAY too easy to get the green light to carry a gun.  You fire ONE round and sit thru a 90 minute class, and then you can carry a gun everywhere you go.  It's way too little - you should be GOOD with a weapon in order to carry it.

AND penalties for crimes, in society in general, need to be greater.  Lock up criminals longer, have a visible police presence (just cut 1-2 classroom projectors and you can afford it).   It'd create jobs, it'd add to community feel, and a cop car outside of the school would make most punk shooters reconsider.
No need to have a police state.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »
Hey Ron,

Why would anyone need 22 inch Biceps?  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »
Liberal babies and pansies would scream.

there USED to be police on most campuses.  Then there were budget cuts.  And police get cut before the "admin assistants" making $65k a year to carry a clipboard and "help out" in various classrooms.

I'm all for a common sense solution.  

Some people are right - there are too many guns, too easy to get, too little training required, and too little punishment for those who break the law.  Most people don't need a 30 round rifle - it should be available BUT should be harder to get than just signing a paper.

On the other hand - this kid was 20 and was illegally carrying a gun to the crime - he didn't give a shit about the law.  More laws wouldn't have stopped anyone here.  

Greater security should be the solution at the school.  They had a great security system that he had to SHOOT through - the intercom put the shooting noises for the entire school to hear - IF the doors had locks, the teachers would all lock the doors and cover windows (they do practice this) and that'd minimize his impact.  BUT the #1 solution would be a cop on every campus.  Small cost for a highly trained, vest-wearing cop who is very familiar with who belongs and who doesn't.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2012, 10:18:24 AM »
No need to have a police state.

TA, it's not a police state.  The cop would also help out with 5th graders who weigh 175 pounds who wail on 110 pound hottie 24 year old teachers too :)

Anytime you have 1000 soft targets in one place, you should have a security dude - just one cop.  Not walking around with rifles, etc.  Just one cop bouncing around, sniffing out trouble, helping out, and then showing up when a jerk starts shooting the door to get in.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
I think 240 lost his marbles years ago with the 9/11 stuff and I hardly put any worth into his opinions and posts now. :-\

Most people worldwide smell some BS in many parts of the 911 official story.  But I've long retired from that discussion :)  It's like pearl harbor to most young-ins these days.

I'm all for a middle-of-road sensible solution to this situation.  Put up a cop at every school.  800+ kids, that's worth 1 cop.  Make the big guns that hold 30 way harder to get, but available for those who are willing to jump thru hoops.  Make permits harder to get to carry.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
TA, it's not a police state.  The cop would also help out with 5th graders who weigh 175 pounds who wail on 110 pound hottie 24 year old teachers too :)

Anytime you have 1000 soft targets in one place, you should have a security dude - just one cop.  Not walking around with rifles, etc.  Just one cop bouncing around, sniffing out trouble, helping out, and then showing up when a jerk starts shooting the door to get in.

It can't a security dude, it will have to be government for liability reasons... Which will then make it a police state like Israel.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »
A simple thing would have stopped this.  One of these Barred Iron Doors on each entrance.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »

Schools in NC all have at least one Police Officer already and it does seem to work.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »
It can't a security dude, it will have to be government for liability reasons... Which will then make it a police state like Israel.

most schools in FL had a cop posted at each school for years.  Called a SRO, a Student Resource Officer.  They'd break up fights, deal with any irate parents, cover the time-out room, deal with parking lot accidents (which do happen often), and basically be the community connection between the law and the 800 kids, 75 staff, and hundreds of parents.  

In high school, they all have them - those kids are big and fight often.  But they were cut from elem and middle school budgets over the last 10 years.  It's not like he's at the office with a rifle giving dirty looks to everyone.  He's just on campus.  All the high schools still ahve them.  But the grade k-5 and 6-8 have lessened them.  

i think just one salaried cop would solve most of these problems.  Shooter would be engaged immediately and probably lose to a better trained cop who would smell trouble fast when d-bag with backpack and 3 guns comes strolling up.  Add it to awesome door system, and they're good to go.  This kid shot thru the state-of-art system in CT.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
Schools in NC all have at least one Police Officer already and it does seem to work.

that's cool.  With that many kids, you'll always have custody issues - where a restraining ordered dad will show up to steal kids.  You'll always have a 5th grader who is huge, with emotional problems, causing issues.  you'll always have fights, parking lot accidents, and above all, you'll always be a vulnerable target for kidnappers or attacks like this.

When you think about the millions$ schools spend on computers, salaries, insurance, etc - Why not just pay a $40,000 salary police officer to hang out?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2012, 10:31:26 AM »
If everyone would just submit to my will...we would...have.....peace.

::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
If everyone would just submit to my will...we would...have.....peace.

::)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
Hey Ron,

Why would anyone need 22 inch Biceps?  :D

bodybuilding content

Ron approved

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
that's cool.  With that many kids, you'll always have custody issues - where a restraining ordered dad will show up to steal kids.  You'll always have a 5th grader who is huge, with emotional problems, causing issues.  you'll always have fights, parking lot accidents, and above all, you'll always be a vulnerable target for kidnappers or attacks like this.

When you think about the millions$ schools spend on computers, salaries, insurance, etc - Why not just pay a $40,000 salary police officer to hang out?

100% agree. and getting rid of Glass doors would help.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45:43 AM »
100% agree. and getting rid of Glass doors would help.
A simple heavy ironed bar door that locks electronically would be all thats needed.  Unless the shooter decides to rent a bulldozer, but that doesn`t matter because we can always ban those.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »
most schools in FL had a cop posted at each school for years.  Called a SRO, a Student Resource Officer.  They'd break up fights, deal with any irate parents, cover the time-out room, deal with parking lot accidents (which do happen often), and basically be the community connection between the law and the 800 kids, 75 staff, and hundreds of parents.  

In high school, they all have them - those kids are big and fight often.  But they were cut from elem and middle school budgets over the last 10 years.  It's not like he's at the office with a rifle giving dirty looks to everyone.  He's just on campus.  All the high schools still ahve them.  But the grade k-5 and 6-8 have lessened them.  

i think just one salaried cop would solve most of these problems.  Shooter would be engaged immediately and probably lose to a better trained cop who would smell trouble fast when d-bag with backpack and 3 guns comes strolling up.  Add it to awesome door system, and they're good to go.  This kid shot thru the state-of-art system in CT.

I just don't think we'll see the government put cops at every school until they get all the guns legally out of the hands of the people. The government absolutely wants your guns. And school and mall shootings gets them one step closer to that goal. It's really not even a conspiracy, it just is.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »
A simple heavy ironed bar door that locks electronically would be all thats needed.  Unless the shooter decides to rent a bulldozer, but that doesn`t matter because we can always ban those.

or tax them

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »

lol...Will have to put bars on the windows also.  People have always said that the school system is run like a prison. May as well go all out and make it one. :-\

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49:24 AM »
lol...Will have to put bars on the windows also.  People have always said that the school system is run like a prison. May as well go all out and make it one. :-\

windows only provide distractions for students... might as well ban them too

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »

windows only provide distractions for students... might as well ban them too

So do video games.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »
We could always ban children.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
An AR-15 is not an assault rifle.

It is not natively an automatic rifle, so it is not an assault rifle.

Let's move on.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »
I have an assault lawn mower that has ruined the lives of many insects.