Author Topic: Evangelical Leader Accused of Gay Affair  (Read 37329 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Evangelical Leader Accused of Gay Affair
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2006, 06:08:57 PM »
His religion, which is everything he is about,

I emphatically disagree w/this statement.  Obviously his "religion" is not "everything he is about" but he apparently "is about" Methanphetamine, and gay adulterous sex.......and let's throw gargantuan LYING into what he is about :P
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2006, 06:15:53 PM »
His poor kids.  I was talking to my daughter last night about the importance of reputation and a good name.  This guy's kids will have to change their last names.   :'(

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2006, 10:25:40 AM »
God does love men and women that are straight or gay. But he does hate sexual immorality (homosexuality, adultery, premarital sex, and prostitution).

I pray that this minister doesnt lie or cover up the facts. He needs to be honest. He needs to repent. With God, he can overcome this mess.

If he did commit a crime, he needs to pay the penalty.

But we need to forgive this guy.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2006, 10:28:19 AM »
God does love men and women that are straight or gay. But he does hate sexual immorality (homosexuality, adultery, premarital sex, and prostitution).

I pray that this minister doesnt lie or cover up the facts. He needs to be honest. He needs to repent. With God, he can overcome this mess.

If he did commit a crime, he needs to pay the penalty.

But we need to forgive this guy.

So, in your opinion: God made gays the way they are, while forbidding them from ever having sex the way the want? That's called perversion.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2006, 02:14:20 PM »
So, in your opinion: God made gays the way they are, while forbidding them from ever having sex the way the want? That's called perversion.

I believe that homosexuality is a generational curse.

People have overcome homosexuality by revoking the curse in the name of Jesus!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »
The guy's a fucking methhead too. hahaha  ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »
The guy's a fucking methhead too. hahaha  ;D

what a horrible drug. Just nasty

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2006, 04:57:45 PM »
what a horrible drug. Just nasty

I concur :'(!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2006, 06:48:47 PM »
He has been fired:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (CNN) -- The Rev. Ted Haggard agreed Saturday to resign as leader of the megachurch he started in his basement more than 20 years ago after its independent investigative board said he was guilty of "sexually immoral conduct."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/03/haggard.allegations/index.html

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2006, 07:14:32 PM »
He has been fired:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (CNN) -- The Rev. Ted Haggard agreed Saturday to resign as leader of the megachurch he started in his basement more than 20 years ago after its independent investigative board said he was guilty of "sexually immoral conduct."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/03/haggard.allegations/index.html

That's terrible.

What about "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone?"

Seems like Christianity is a fading religion these days...

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2006, 07:16:23 PM »
That's terrible.

What about "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone?"

Seems like Christianity is a fading religion these days...

YIP
Zack

What about accountability?  That's what this is.  You cannot have a guy who does this stuff lead your church.  Should he keep his membership?  Yes.  Should he be their leader?  Absolutely not. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
What about accountability?  That's what this is.  You cannot have a guy who does this stuff lead your church.  Should he keep his membership?  Yes.  Should he be their leader?  Absolutely not. 

Why not?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
Why not?

YIP
Zack

Because leaders are held to a higher standard.  They have an enormous impact on the lives of their members . . . and potential members.  They have to lead by example.  We don't treat indiscretions by political, military, or business leaders the same as those committed by people in the trenches for the same reason. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2006, 07:48:02 PM »
Because leaders are held to a higher standard.  They have an enormous impact on the lives of their members . . . and potential members.  They have to lead by example.  We don't treat indiscretions by political, military, or business leaders the same as those committed by people in the trenches for the same reason. 

Yes.

But what does his sexuality have to do with his job? :-\

Seems to me the poor man is a homo, trapped in a heterosexual relationship.

JMO of course.

Why can't he still be a leader of that church, odds are that he finally will accept his homosexuality now that it's been exposed.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »
I believe that homosexuality is a generational curse.

People have overcome homosexuality by revoking the curse in the name of Jesus!

You are wrong.

If god denies gay people sex through the bible, while building the human body as a sex machine, he's punishing gay people on a mental (shame) and biological level (humans are build for sex, it's natural, and humans need it). That makes the christian god a fucking asshole. No god would do that.

This means that the bible can not be read letter for letter. If so, "God" breaks his own rules, and he lacks unconditional love.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2006, 07:52:57 PM »
Yes.

But what does his sexuality have to do with his job? :-\

Seems to me the poor man is a homo, trapped in a heterosexual relationship.

JMO of course.

Why can't he still be a leader of that church, odds are that he finally will accept his homosexuality now that it's been exposed.

YIP
Zack

Because his church says homosexuality is a sin.  Actually, that's what he says too.  Quite publicly. 

He can still be a homosexual, he just cannot lead his church with that kind of lifestyle.  God loves gays too.   :)

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2006, 07:54:38 PM »
Because his church says homosexuality is a sin.  Actually, that's what he says too.  Quite publicly. 

He can still be a homosexual, he just cannot lead his church with that kind of lifestyle.  God loves gays too.   :)

Can gay people enjoy sex with eachother without breaking gods laws?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2006, 07:56:02 PM »
Can gay people enjoy sex with eachother without breaking gods laws?

Not unless they rewrite the Bible. 

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2006, 07:57:28 PM »
Not unless they rewrite the Bible. 

Then god bring gay people into this world without the right to fulfill their human needs (remember, he designed their bodies as well), thus being an asshole.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
Then god bring gay people into this world without the right to fulfill their human needs (remember, he designed their bodies as well), thus being an asshole.

You could apply that line of reasoning to pedophilia, bestiality, rape, polygamy, and incest.  There is no "human need" to have homosexual sex.  If a person wants to fulfill the desire to have sex, the person should find a mate, get married, and have all the consensual sex he or she wants.  Pretty simple.  There is somebody for everybody.  Even my wife married me.   :)

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2006, 08:07:27 PM »
You could apply that line of reasoning to pedophilia, bestiality, rape, polygamy, and incest.  There is no "human need" to have homosexual sex.  If a person wants to fulfill the desire to have sex, the person should find a mate, get married, and have all the consensual sex he or she wants.  Pretty simple.  There is somebody for everybody.  Even my wife married me.   :)

Homosexuality is something a person is born with, a person can not chose who they are sexually attracted towards.

Your comparison examples are Christian rhetoric, not much value, we are talking about mature adults, not fucking kids. Mature adults can chose their sexual partners. According to christianity, gay people can not, because they can not be attracted to the opposite sex.

Either the bible must be interpreted for our times, or Christianity will forever be un-ethical.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »
I emphatically disagree w/this statement.  Obviously his "religion" is not "everything he is about" but he apparently "is about" Methanphetamine, and gay adulterous sex.......and let's throw gargantuan LYING into what he is about :P

whew.......i love

i mean    LOVE

a woman with a passion

dasmn, stella, if this is a taste of how the religion board is, then count me in ;)
X Board. Integrity is what we do

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »
Homosexuality is something a person is born with, a person can not chose who they are sexually attracted towards.

Your comparison examples are Christian rhetoric, not much value, we are talking about mature adults, not fucking kids. Mature adults can chose their sexual partners. According to christianity, gay people can not, because they can not be attracted to the opposite sex.

Either the bible must be interpreted for our times, or Christianity will forever be un-ethical.

There is no proof whatsoever that people are born gay.  It's about lifestyle choices.  That's why you have people like Anne Heche being a heterosexual on Monday, lesbian on Tuesday, and heterosexual on Wednesday.  People make choices.  Some make the wrong choices.

We all have our weaknesses.  Some have trouble with alcohol.  Some with drugs.  Some with stealing.  Some with lack of self control (like which gender you chose to have sex with).   

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2006, 08:17:52 PM »
meltdown

i mean.......closet dick sucker meltdown

carry on
X Board. Integrity is what we do

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »
There is no proof whatsoever that people are born gay.  It's about lifestyle choices.  That's why you have people like Anne Heche being a heterosexual on Monday, lesbian on Tuesday, and heterosexual on Wednesday.  People make choices.  Some make the wrong choices.

We all have our weaknesses.  Some have trouble with alcohol.  Some with drugs.  Some with stealing.  Some with lack of self control (like which gender you chose to have sex with).   

Admit the truth. You have been married for 17 years, and for every year your desire for hot cock up your anus has grown. The last 10 years you have had your private male rump rider. That's right, eh? Your own private shit canal cleaner. You love it when he uses his tongue, right? ;)
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!