Author Topic: I stand corrected!  (Read 2367 times)

NPCOK

• Getbig II
I stand corrected!
« on: June 20, 2006, 05:58:31 AM »
This past weekend really opened my eyes to some things I have commented on in the past. I have made a lot of comments about the judging in fitness and figure and I truly felt that if you were not backed by certain groups or companies that you were not allowed to place well in competition. My wife won the overall in the fitness category this weekend at Jr. Nationals. She is not sponsored and not affiliated with any group or company. I have bashed certain people in the past, and made comments that were based on gossip, and rumors that I had heard. A lot of my comments were directed towards J.M. and his management company. J.M. was one of the first people to congratulate me on my placing (4th in my first national show) as well as my wifes victory this weekend. He is actually one of the nicest people that I have met in this industry. I have taken shots at him in the past on this board even though I had never met him. The only reason that I am writing this is that I want other people to take the chance to meet people in the industry and give them a chance before you judge them based off the rumors that you read on these boards. If you work hard then you will be rewarded, regardless of who you are or are not affiliated with!

Susan Groshek

• Getbig I
Re: I stand corrected!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:28:39 AM »
Congrats to both of you!! Breean kicked butt this past weekend!! See ya in NY!!!

This past weekend really opened my eyes to some things I have commented on in the past. I have made a lot of comments about the judging in fitness and figure and I truly felt that if you were not backed by certain groups or companies that you were not allowed to place well in competition. My wife won the overall in the fitness category this weekend at Jr. Nationals. She is not sponsored and not affiliated with any group or company. I have bashed certain people in the past, and made comments that were based on gossip, and rumors that I had heard. A lot of my comments were directed towards J.M. and his management company. J.M. was one of the first people to congratulate me on my placing (4th in my first national show) as well as my wifes victory this weekend. He is actually one of the nicest people that I have met in this industry. I have taken shots at him in the past on this board even though I had never met him. The only reason that I am writing this is that I want other people to take the chance to meet people in the industry and give them a chance before you judge them based off the rumors that you read on these boards. If you work hard then you will be rewarded, regardless of who you are or are not affiliated with!

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:46:59 AM »
Thank you very much! I really enjoyed watching your routine...keep up the good work!

Susan Groshek

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 09:30:57 AM »
Thanks! Its too bad the judges hated me!! Hopefully I can make some changes by NY to change there minds about me!!

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed watching your routine...keep up the good work!

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »
Did you stay after the show and ask them what changes they would like to see in you before your next show? That is what we did last year with Breean to get some feedback. If not I would suggest emailing a few of them to ask advice? That way you know what areas to work on. You'll do great it's all about consistancy...keep working hard, and we both wish you luck!

nikki

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 02:29:22 PM »
I agree......I won the overall in bodybuilding and figure at the Collegiate Natl. a few years back.....I had only been on the National scene for 1 year.....There were a lot of girls who had the well known trainers/etc......I trained myself and still was rewarded/won!  Saying it's politics alone is just an excuse! 

fitfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 06:24:16 AM »
The politics in the NPC is MUCH reduced due to the fact that Sandi Rinaldi and Peter Potter are very fair in their judging practices...always have been.

It is the IFBB where everything runs rampant and there is no one to regulate the judging activity.