Author Topic: Insulin and alcohol  (Read 5040 times)

oni

• Getbig IV
Insulin and alcohol
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »
Is there anything wrong with taking humulin -r 30/70 insulin at 3pm, training at 4pm until 8pm, eating a meal with zero fats and having a beer?
I can't find any data on insulin in supraphysiological doses and alcohol. You should avoid fats because of intramuscular fat but I can't find anythign on what the insulin would do with alcohol.

A beer is 20-25g of ethanol for reference. High in carbs, no protein or fats

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Insulin and alcohol
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:23:18 PM »
no idea about the beer but not true at all you have to avoid fats while the slin is working.
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:52:27 AM »
no idea about the beer but not true at all you have to avoid fats while the slin is working.
eating fats while insulin is active is perfectly fine if u wanna look like that

@ OP:
you should be okay, but why you would want to drink alcohol while using substances like insulin. take your priorities

btw, alcohol = toxic --> toxic substances are metabolized first --> everything you eat while drunk gets stored
add insulin and even more so
shouldnt be an issue with 1-2 beers tho

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 05:58:10 PM »
eating fats while insulin is active is perfectly fine if u wanna look like that

@ OP:
you should be okay, but why you would want to drink alcohol while using substances like insulin. take your priorities

btw, alcohol = toxic --> toxic substances are metabolized first --> everything you eat while drunk gets stored
add insulin and even more so
shouldnt be an issue with 1-2 beers tho

Yeah man I just really like drinking a beer
I'm not getting drunk

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »
I've routinely had rib steaks post workout while the slin was active, didn't get fat. Trial and error...
?

nattybay

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »
I wouldnt do more than a pint once in a fortnight.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
Is there anything wrong with taking humulin -r 30/70 insulin at 3pm, training at 4pm until 8pm, eating a meal with zero fats and having a beer?
I can't find any data on insulin in supraphysiological doses and alcohol. You should avoid fats because of intramuscular fat but I can't find anythign on what the insulin would do with alcohol.

A beer is 20-25g of ethanol for reference. High in carbs, no protein or fats
You will get fat no doubt about it. If your drinking socially even a little your not serious enough about BB to be taking insulin. imho insulin should only be added last after you've won all local shows and have mastered your diet. It also helps to have a more experienced training partner walk you thru it so you don't DIE!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 07:46:44 PM »
You will get fat no doubt about it. If your drinking socially even a little your not serious enough about BB to be taking insulin. imho insulin should only be added last after you've won all local shows and have mastered your diet. It also helps to have a more experienced training partner walk you thru it so you don't DIE!

Part in bold=truth. Should at least smoke a joint! This way you eat more food making the slin work better...
?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 08:05:05 PM »
I don't agree with the getting fat thing at all. 330ml of 6% alcohol such as a stout beer is 118kcal and 10g carbs, 14g of alcohol
Even doubling that up, not really that many calories which is the most important thing in whether or not you get lean or fat.

If adding 120kcal a few times a week makes me fat then I can eat 120kcal less. I don't think that amount would make you fat especially when half the calories are from carbs and your depleted in glycogen post workout

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 08:08:26 PM »
I don't agree with the getting fat thing at all. 330ml of 6% alcohol such as a stout beer is 118kcal and 10g carbs, 14g of alcohol
Even doubling that up, not really that many calories which is the most important thing in whether or not you get lean or fat.

If adding 120kcal a few times a week makes me fat then I can eat 120kcal less. I don't think that amount would make you fat especially when half the calories are from carbs and your depleted in glycogen post workout

it messes up nutrient absorption, most won't stay on diet after a few drinks, it all goes downhill. Very hard to justify this one. Also not good for sleep patters. OP should really re think this one.
?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 12:22:43 AM »
Clinical evidence that one drink messes up nutrient absorption?
The rest of what you said doesn't matter because we are talking about 1 beer

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 02:03:12 AM »
I've changed my mind on this one, I actualy know an ex British champ that just cut his drink down as part of his prep...he was a bag of veins all yr round anyway

I cant see one beer making much of a difference.. Didn't the oak say milks for babies, beer's for men..

whitewidow

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 02:20:56 AM »
Id skip the beer.fuck don;t use any rec drugs or alcohol. They don't make you a better bodybuilder. In the end you just have to work harder to come in shape. maybe some guys can pull it off but they fade out quick.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 08:04:16 AM »
Clinical evidence that one drink messes up nutrient absorption?
The rest of what you said doesn't matter because we are talking about 1 beer

you sound like the fatty who says "just gonna have one cookie"

Go have your beer bud, you gonna do it anyway.
?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
you sound like the fatty who says "just gonna have one cookie"

Go have your beer bud, you gonna do it anyway.

I just wanted to know if there was a physiological reason why I shouldn't do it.
Not some tirade about how I'll allegedly get fat from an extra 150 calories a day

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 03:49:15 PM »
I just wanted to know if there was a physiological reason why I shouldn't do it.
Not some tirade about how I'll allegedly get fat from an extra 150 calories a day

By all means, do keep us informed on how it goes!
?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 03:40:23 PM »
Studies have shown 2 drinks are totally fine and won't hurt your gains at all.

While insulin is active, however, I have no fucking idea. I'd avoid it personally, but I have nothing to base that on.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »
So how's the slin and drinkin' going?
?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 08:22:16 PM »
So how's the slin and drinkin' going?

Well obviously it's far too early to know if there are any health issues
I am not fat anyway

The insulin is kinda weird though, sometimes I'll shoot 20ui and train for 5 hours and be pretty fasted and not go hypo
One time though I'd eaten throughout the day and drank 2 cans of coke and some pineapple slices during training after taking 10ui and got the most ridiculous pump and still started to go hypo! I was leaving the gym and noticed that I was going hypo and had to pull over and drink a pepsi then I was OK but I was starting to sweat pretty bad!

I'd say I've gained roughly 0.5kg since I started but it's hard to tell because my water weight is all over the place at the moment. Legs and upper chest looking a lot thicker though which I like

mazfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 06:48:40 AM »
this happened to me.

insulin is a strange one alot of factors in play, 10iu one day may be fine the next you start feeling hypo

it used to make me tired as fuck, even went to sleep on it a few times NOT ADVISABLE.