Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 754773 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2009, 06:03:50 AM »
J.R. Doesn't Want Rourke Wrestling At WM, 12 Rounds Site Launched
By Daniel Pena
Jan 30, 2009 - 12:13:36 PM

-- In Jim Ross' latest SmackDown This column on the WWE Universe site, he says he doesn't want to see Mickey Rourke wrestle Chris Jericho at WrestleMania.

"...Rourke really doesn't have any business getting in a high-level, memory making match at the biggest event of the year, WrestleMania XXV," Ross wrote. "I loved Rourke’s role as Randy "The Ram" Robinson in "The Wrestler" and even saw the film twice. However, the brash Jericho accurately pointed out that playing a wrestler on film with the ability to have multiple takes for a scene, etc is a far cry from actually getting in the ring live without a net or the ability to do a re-take against a man who is proud, egocentric and not willing to compromise his skill level or legacy to a Golden Globe winner or not."

Ross continued: "Don't do it Mickey. Do come to Houston; enjoy a great presentation at the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, have fun, but stay out of the ring. Or do what in the hell you want."

You can read his blog at the following link.

-- WWE has launched a website for the much anticipated 12 Rounds movie at www.12Rounds-Movie.com.

-- Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Irvin was in attendance at last night's Florida Championship Wrestling television taping in Tampa, Florida, reports PWInsider.com.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2009, 06:05:05 AM »
Trish Stratus Hints Possible Match At WWE WrestleMania XXV
By Daniel Pena
Jan 30, 2009 - 12:31:43 PM

SLAM! Wrestling conducted an interview with former WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus at an autograph signing this past Tuesday in downtown Toronto. Stratus was signing copies of Inside Fitness magazine and wrestling memorabilia for her loyal fans.

Stratus discussed her one-off appearance on Raw last month. She said she practiced her "Matrix" move "at least 40 times" prior to the show (which she used against opponent Santino Marella) to make sure she could still do it. Stratus also said it would be hard to pass off wrestling at WrestleMania 25. Stratus said she had not been contacted about appearing, but left the impression that something could come together in the future.

"I would definitely like the chance to finish off what I started with Beth in a one-on-one scenario," Stratus said. "No tagging out, no Santino shenanigans, just one dominant female against the other."

Stratus also said she wouldn't mind wrestling another WWE Diva in Natalya.

"Nattie I think is going to be a major player soon, given the right chance to do what she does best," Stratus said. "Everyone knows how much I respect the Hart lineage, using Bret's sharpshooter in my retirement match, wearing the pink and black boots in Toronto ... it's not a coincidence. So I would be honoured to face someone who is a part of that legacy and I have no doubt in my mind that we could blow away an audience."

Stratus also wanted fans to know that she does not have a page on Facebook as there are a number of pages impersonating her on the social networking site. However, she does indeed have a page on MySpace.com.

"It would be great to clear up that I can be found on MySpace only. I am not on Facebook. That way no one is duped into thinking they are communicating with me when they are not," Stratus said to make things clear.

You can read the article in its entirety at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2009, 06:07:19 AM »
A Message From Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne Wins 2 Awards, Meet Stars
By Daniel Pena
Jan 30, 2009 - 1:13:01 PM

-- SmackDown Superstar Matt Hardy posted the following blog telling people to watch tonight's edition of SmackDown because he'll be giving the answers people are looking for. Hardy also said Sunday night was the beginning of a new era in WWE.

You Have Questions?

Then tune into Smackdown on January 30th, 2009 at 8 o'clock sharp.. I will open up the show and give you the answers you are looking for. Last Sunday night was the beginning of a new era in the WWE.. The Era Of The Sensei Of Mattitude, The Starmaker, The Black Cloud.. The Era Of Matt Hardy.

-- ECW Superstar Evan Bourne was honored with two awards in the 29th annual Wrestling Observer Newsletter readership awards announced last week. Bourne was named the "Best Flying Wrestler" and his shooting star press was the named the "Best Wrestling Maneuver." Here are final voting results for both categories:

BEST FLYING WRESTLER
1. EVAN BOURNE (323)2,188
2. Kota Ibushi (108)1,746
3. Mistico (115)1,510
4. Jack Evans (59)1,217
5. Dragon Kid (67)604
6. Masato Yoshino (49)424
7. A.J. Styles (24)399
8. Jeff Hardy (22)351
8. Rey Mysterio (2)332
10. Pac (15)277

BEST WRESTLING MANEUVER
1. EVAN BOURNE SHOOTING STAR PRESS 259
2. Tyler Black God’s Last Gift 46
3. Undertaker gogoplata 34
4. Mistico La Mistica 30
5. Chris Jericho codebreaker 26
6. KENTA Go 2 sleep 24
7. Randy Orton RKO 22
8. Dragon Kid dragonrana 20
9. Kota Ibushi double moonsault 19
10. Taiji Ishimori superstar elbow 18

-- Raw Superstar Charlie Haas will be on hand for the grand opening of his Custom Muscle supplement store tomorrow from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at 12388 FM 423 Suite 400, Frisco, TX 75034. Haas, John Bradshaw Layfield, Matt Striker and former WWE Diva Jackie Gayda will also be on hand at the store's grand opening. Haas posted a blog on the opening of his store.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2009, 06:08:56 AM »
Macho Man DVD Set, Rourke's Co-Star Disrespected, Lashley Update
By Michael Bluth
Jan 30, 2009 - 3:57:08 PM

-- Reuters.com reports that Evan Rachel Wood, who played Mickey Rourke's daughter in "The Wrestler," feels disrespected by Rourke now that rumors are circulating that the two are dating. "I'm upset because I feel disrespected by the press and by Mr. Rourke," she said. "Just because I'm single doesn't mean that you can take advantage of me. She added, "It's unfair that the performances might suffer because of all of these distractions. I'm not attracted to him; he's too old for me. Nothing ever happened and nothing ever will."

-- To follow up on the story that Bobby Lashley Palace Fighting Championships (PFC) today announced the final mixed martial arts line up for the upcoming “Best of Both Worlds” event and Lashley (1-0), who was set to do battle against CageSport veteran Mike Hayes (4-0), was absent from the card. Lashley, who had just inked a two-fight deal with the growing California-based promotion, was pulled from the event due to a significant ankle injury sustained during training. There is no timetable for his return at this time.

-- The on-again off-again "Macho Man" Randy Savage 'best of' DVD collection appears to be back on again. After WWE announced the project last year but later pulled it, WWE's Canadian DVD distributor (KOCH) is listing a 3-DVD Randy Savage WWE set titled "Macho Madness" for release on June 9th.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2009, 06:10:36 AM »
TNA Offers Rod Blagojevich A Job With The Main Event Mafia
By Michael Bluth
Jan 30, 2009 - 6:13:55 PM

TNA sent out the following press release this afternoon touting their latest publicity stunt:

Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich offered job as Chairman of TNA Wrestling’s Main Event Mafia

TNA Wrestling is offering the newly created position of Chairman for its Main Event Mafia faction - and the opportunity to openly sell chairs, steel chairs - to ousted Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich.

TNA officials confirmed today that Blagojevich, who was impeached by the Illinois House of Representatives on January 29, is being offered the “Chairman” job within its Main Event Mafia faction, an elite unit which includes U.S. Olympic Gold Medal winner Kurt Angle, former World Heavyweight Champions Kevin Nash, Booker T., and Scott Steiner, and reigning TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Sting.

Blagojevich was arrested on criminal charges on December 9, 2008, for conspiring to sell the senate seat vacated by then-President Elect Barack Obama to the highest bidder, but Angle truly believes in the U.S. justice system.

“He’s innocent until proven guilty,” Angle said. “As the leader of the Main Event Mafia, I am a huge fan of the Illinois style of politics. As such, Governor Blagojevich is welcome to join me and the entire Main Event Mafia at any and all TNA events in the future, and certainly is welcome to sell his seat with us should he choose not to accept our generous offer.”

Blagojevich is a former amateur boxer, so Angle is convinced Blagojevich, “easily will be able to handle the transition to pro wrestling,” Angle said.

The Illinois House of Representatives voted in favor of impeachment by an astounding margin of 114-1. Only 60 votes were needed to push the impeachment forward. The single dissenting vote came from Democratic State Representative Milton Patterson, who represents the Southwest side of Chicago.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2009, 05:06:23 PM »
Mickey Rourke-WrestleMania Update, WM Theme Songs Revealed, Cena
By Daniel Pena
Jan 31, 2009 - 5:10:00 PM

-- WWE's official word on Mickey Rourke at WrestleMania 25 is that he will be merely in attendance at the event and not as a participant. WWE's statement reads: "WWE.com has learned that while Rourke will not be participating in the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania in Houston on April 5, WWE has, in fact, invited the actor to the event and looks forward to his attendance – as a guest of the company." {"Wrestler" indeed 'Mania bound}

-- Rock band AC/DC is providing the official theme songs for WrestleMania 25 including "Shoot to Thrill" (live) and "War Machine". {Rockin' to the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania with AC/DC}

-- Monday's edition of TMZ will feature a segment on John Cena. In the preview on Friday's show, he was seen making fun of former WWE Diva Chyna by basically calling her a man.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »
Backstage Problems For SmackDown Star, Candice Talks Football
By Daniel Pena
Jan 31, 2009 - 5:21:45 PM

source: Wrestling Observer

-- The reason for The Brian Kendrick's quick elimination during last Sunday's Royal Rumble match is because he is currently not in good graces with management. Officials are upset with him for 'not listening' to them on certain issues.

-- In the latest issue of WWE Magazine, Candice Michelle talks about her love of the Green Bay Packers and why WrestleMania trumps the Super Bowl. On why WrestleMania is better than the Super Bowl, Candice said, "Even though the Super Bowl has my GoDaddy commercials, you can only see me for 30 seconds. At WrestleMania, you can see me running around for a lot longer." Candice also talks about her favorite Super Bowl snack. "As a Wisconsiner, I'm the best beer and brats girl around. I only serve brats at my parties, boiled in good ol’ Miller Lite," Candice said. "If I’m feeling really festive I add grilled onions and peppers. I hate it when people serve fruit and vegetables at a Super Bowl party. That's a big party no-no." {Gridiron Girl}

-- In the latest "Superstar to Superstar" interview on WWE.com, CM Punk talks to the star of 'Underworld: Rise of the Lycans,' Kevin Grevioux. You can read the interview at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
WWE Predicts Kelly Will Pose For Playboy, Adamle Honored, HBK
By Daniel Pena
Jan 31, 2009 - 5:40:43 PM

-- The latest issue of WWE Magazine has an article making their predictions for 2009, and in one of the predictions, they predict Kelly Kelly to pose for Playboy this year. Here is what they wrote:

"Kelly Kelly graces the pages of Playboy. We can continue dreaming, can't we?"

-- WrestleCrap.com announced their annual "Gooker Award" this past week, which is given each year to the worst gimmick, storyline, or event in wrestling in that year. The award is named after The Gobbledygooker, one of the most disastrous wrestling gimmicks of all time. This year's award goes to Mike Adamle for his dubious stint in World Wrestling Entertainment in 2008. You can read their entry on Adamle at the following link.

-- Shawn Michaels will be doing an autograph signing on Sunday, March 1 at Last Licks Rye Brook from noon to 1:30 p.m. at 104 South Ridge Street, Rye Brook, NY 10573. Tickets are required for admission – visit www.lastlicksicecream.co m for more information.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 07:47:58 AM »
Cena Misses Show, Wrestler Changes Name, Kelly Parties, Candice
By Daniel Pena
Feb 2, 2009 - 12:48:16 AM

source: PWInsider.com

-- Though he was advertised, WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena was unable to appear at Saturday night's Raw brand house show in Hammond, Indiana. Ring announcer Tony Chimel informed the audience at the start of the show that Cena wouldn't be there, which was met with a chorus of boos. Chimel said full refunds would be issued until the start of the second match. Michaels replaced Cena on the show, defeating Chris Jericho in the main event.

-- WWE developmental wrestler Johnny Riggs, who was recently signed to a contract, is now going under the name Dylan Klein in Florida Championship Wrestling. He is also being managed by Wesley Holiday (former model Beverly Mullins).

-- WWE Diva Kelly Kelly was at the Models and Bottles party at Jackson's Bistro on Harbour Island last Saturday. You can see images of Kelly at the event at the following link.

-- Candice Michelle will be appearing at The Atlantic City Boat Show this Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

John Chapiewski sent in the following:

I just got back from a church by the name of Victory Assembly of God down here in Columbus, GA. Lex Luger was the guest speaker and gave a truly impassioned speech about his life ( He referred to it as the "Old Lex" vs. the "New Lex"). He looked very brittle on the stage but he said this was the first time he could walk without the aid of a cane in months. He talked about his football career, wrestling career, the time he spent in prison, his stroke and paralysis, the death of Elizabeth, the demise of his marriage and his salvation through Jesus Christ. Lots of tears in the crowd. He posed for pictures afterward but he couldn't sign autographs because he still doesn't have total control of his motor skills. He now volunteers his time with paralysis patients and does public speaking appearances at churches. I just wanted to let you know that because he seems very sincere with his "second chance" at life.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 07:48:51 AM »
WWE Star Quietly Changes Brands, Randy Savage DVD Update, Tiffany
By Daniel Pena
Feb 2, 2009 - 12:11:27 AM

-- WWE.com has moved Chavo Guerrero's profile to the SmackDown section. Since Bam Neely's disappearance from ECW in November, Guerrero has generally appeared on SmackDown in recent months as Vickie Guerrero's lackey. Also, Chavo's still pictured on the ECW roster section, but his profile has been deleted. It would appear that simply they forget to remove his picture.

-- As reported earlier, KOCH, WWE's Canadian DVD distributor, has a listing for a three-disc DVD set on "Macho Man" Randy Savage. The scheduled DVD release is legit and the title of the product is actually "Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection." It is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, June 9, 2009 and it has a suggested retail price of $42.99. You can see the listing for the scheduled title at the following link.

-- ECW Diva Tiffany was photographed alongside Tila Tequila at the Jet Nightclub in Las Vegas last week. You can see a picture of the ECW Diva with the MTV star at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »
Raw Star Qualifies For Chamber Match, WWE Hall of Fame Update
By Daniel Pena
Feb 1, 2009 - 11:51:57 PM

-- Mike Knox qualified for the World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out at a house show event held in Cape Girardeau, Missouri earlier today. Knox outlasted Shad, JTG, Dolph Ziggler, Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes in a Six-Man Battle Royal Qualifying Match. Knox booted Shad in the face to secure the victory. Knox joins John Cena, Chris Jericho, Kofi Kingston and Rey Mysterio in the match. {Knox: One in the Chamber}

-- Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier takes a look at Ricky Steamboat's induction into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Ric Flair, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame last year, is expected to induct his longtime friend/foe. {Flair and Steamboat one more time?}

-- Charlie Haas held the grand opening of his "Custom Muscle" supplement store in Frisco, Texas yesterday. The event was attended by John Bradshaw Layfield, Matt Striker and wife/former WWE Diva Jackie Gayda. Haas talks about yesterday's grand opening in the following blog post.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 09:54:07 AM »
Cena's Finisher Gets A New Name, Tomorrow Night's ECW Matches
By Daniel Pena
Feb 3, 2009 - 12:18:04 AM

-- During tonight's edition of Raw when John Cena was getting ready to drop Chris Jericho with his finishing maneuver formerly known as the "F-U," Jerry "The King" Lawler said on commentary that John Cena calls it the "Attitude Adjuster."

-- The following matches will be taking place on tomorrow night's edition of ECW on Sci Fi:

* Tommy Dreamer vs. Paul Burchill

* The Boogeyman vs. Jamie Noble

* Jack Swagger vs. Finlay (Non-Title Match)

-- John Bradshaw Layfield will be making an appearance in St. Louis on Tuesday. JBL wrote: "Come out and see me tomorrow at CC Food Mart at 1011 Hwy 50 in St Louis, going to be doing a live remote with Moose from the morning show and will be there from 9-10a. You can also buy some Energy Plus, the new relaxation beverage Drank Deuce andMamajuana." {JBL Appearance in St Louis}

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 09:56:46 AM »
Undertaker vs. Orton Announced, Title Match Advertised For Raw
By Daniel Pena
Feb 2, 2009 - 11:48:01 PM

-- In a backstage segment prior to the main event on tonight's Raw, a stressed out Stephanie McMahon asked whether he spoke to someone. "He'll be here," Kane said. Stephanie announced that Kane is in the Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out, and Undertaker will face Randy Orton in a singles match on next week's Raw.

-- It was announced during tonight's Raw that CM Punk would be defending his Intercontinental Championship against William Regal on next week's show.

-- WWE's official YouTube account has a promo video featuring WWE Diva Maria encouraging people to read. You can see the video at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »
Major Name Returning To Raw Next Week, Another No Way Out Match
By Daniel Pena
Feb 2, 2009 - 11:37:26 PM

-- It was announced during tonight's Raw that Ric Flair would be appearing on next week's show to respond to Chris Jericho's comments earlier in the evening. This will be Flair's first appearance on WWE television since his requested release from the company this past summer. Flair last appeared on WWE television back in June during a "McMahon Million Dollar Mania" segment.

-- John Bradshaw Layfield announced on Raw tonight that at No Way Out, he will be wrestling Shawn Michaels with the stipulation that if Michaels wins, he is free from being employed to him not to mention that he keeps the money in his "contract." However, if Michaels loses, he loses the rights to his name to Layfield for life. {Match Preview}

-- WWE will be running three television tapings over the course of two weeks in the state of Ohio during the month of May. The 5/11 Monday Night Raw taping will be at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus; the 5/12 SmackDown/ECW taping will be at the Nutter Center in Dayton; and the 5/19 SmackDown/ECW taping will be at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati. Tickets for all three events go on sale on Saturday, February 28 at 10:00 a.m. at TicketMaster.com.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »
The Latest On Batista, Kizarny Update, WWE Touts Male Viewership
By Daniel Pena
Feb 2, 2009 - 6:26:57 PM

-- Here is the latest update on Batista and his rehabilitation, courtesy of www.Demon-Wrestling.com:

He's in the gym 2x a day still. Everything is going very well.

Looking forward to coming to the DC Auto show next week.

After that he has a scheduled visit to the surgeon to take a look at how he's healing.

-- WWE.com added a profile on Kizarny today at the following link. Kizarny has not appeared on SmackDown in exactly one month, but appeared at house shows over the weekend. He beat WWE developmental wrestler Eric Escobar and Chavo Guerrero in separate matches.

-- WWE issued a press release today noting it's three main shows - Raw, Smackdown and ECW - are the No. 1 show shows among males on the cable and broadcast television on the nights they air. According to WWE, Smackdown is the No. 1 show for Males under 50 among the broadcast networks on Fridays, Raw is the No. 1 entertainment show on cable for men, and ECW is the top rated show on Sci-Fi among men. {Oh man, ratings supremacy achieved}

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2009, 04:59:09 PM »
RAW Rating, AC/DC Not Performing At WM25, WWE At D.C. Auto Show
By Michael Bluth
Feb 3, 2009 - 6:58:48 PM

-- According to data compiled by Neilson Media Research, the February 2nd edition of Raw did a 3.6 cable rating, on par with last week. The show did hours of 3.55 and 3.63 and averaged 5.3 million viewers.

-- WWE personalities Batista, John Cena and Maria will be appearing this week at the Washington DC Auto Show. For scheduling information, visit WashingtonAutoShow.com.

-- Contrary to previous reports, AC/DC will not be performing live at WrestleMania 25. The band's publicist told Blabbermouth.net that they will be in the midst of a European tour on April 5th. The band is providing the two theme songs for the show: "Shoot to Thrill" and "War Machine."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
What You Didn't See On RAW Last Night
By Michael Bluth
Feb 3, 2009 - 1:09:27 PM

Here's a live recap of what happened off-air from last night's WWE RAW and ECW tapings from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri:

-- The arena was mostly full with some sections tarped off.

-- Mark Henry (w/Tony Atlas) defeated DJ Gabriel (w/Alicia Fox) in a dark match prior to last night's ECW tapings from St. Louis. It was a short match that ended with Henry hitting the World's Strongest Slam and scoring the pinfall.

-- After the ECW tapings and before RAW went on the air, Joey Styles was shown interviewing Randy Orton on the Titantron. Styles asks Orton how it feels to return to his hometown of St. Louis to be with his family and friends. Orton corrected Styles by saying he has no friends and doesn't care about St. Louis due to the high crime rate and the suffering economy there.

-- World Heavyweight Champion John Cena defeated Randy Orton to retain the World Heavyweight championship in a dark match held after RAW went off the air. Orton dominated most of the match but Cena hit the Attitude Adjuster out of nowhere for the win.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »
WWE Officials Upset Over Hardy News Leak, More On WWE CD Sales
By Daniel Pena
Feb 4, 2009 - 6:34:23 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- There was a lot of unhappiness among WWE officials regarding news of Matt Hardy's turn on brother Jeff at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view leaking onto the internet before the show. They're especially upset because the original idea they had in mind had gotten out, hence the Hardy heel turn. News regarding Hardy's heel turn was available online a few hours prior to the show.

-- As reported earlier today, Voices: WWE The Music, Vol. 9 debuted at No. 11 on the Top 200 Current Albums Chart this week, selling approximately 25,000 to 26,000 albums. Music industry expert Mike Omansky had this to say regarding the album's sales figures: "I would be disappointed with 25,0006 units if I were WWE. Usually the first week is the best week, unless there is some massive retail effort that I'm unaware of. And then it starts the descent. The 25,006 includes the special effort at Best Buy. Also, this CD will not be a big money maker, more of an image thing within the massive WWE Universe."

-- The WWE website is kicking off Black History Month with a look at former Superstar S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones, who passed away this past October. His profile has been added to the WWE Alumni section at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »
Kelly Says No More Bra & Panties Matches, WWE Star Changes Brands
By Daniel Pena
Feb 4, 2009 - 6:18:30 PM

-- Kelly Kelly did an interview with the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show this past weekend and said plans haven't been finalized on how the WWE Divas are going to be used at WrestleMania 25. "Don't really know what the girls are doing right now," she said.

Kelly was then asked if a bra and panties match could be in the works, and she laughingly said, "We're high-road now. We're PG."

When asked how much money she makes in WWE, Kelly wouldn't say, but admitted to driving a BMW. She also added, "the video game checks are very good."

Bubba asked Kelly about her relationship with former WWE Superstar Andrew "Test" Martin. The WWE Diva said they're not together anymore, but remain close friends. Kelly was asked if Martin's departure from the company had an effect on their relationship and she said that it was a strong factor.

"He's never been one at home waiting around," Kelly said. "He's on the other side of the coin now. I think that had a lot to do with it." Kelly said Martin has plans to attend school to become a personal trainer.

Kelly added that she is currently involved in a relationship with a wrestler who is now competing in Japan.

And last but not least, Kelly said she lives in Tampa, Florida so she is able to train at the Florida Championship Wrestling school on her off-days when she's not on the road.

You can listen to the interview at the following link.

-- Following his appearance on last night's edition of ECW on Sci Fi in a match against The Boogeyman, Jamie Noble has been officially moved to the brand. Noble's profile on WWE.com has been moved from the Raw section to the ECW section.

-- WWE will be holding a house show at the Tesla Arena in Prague, Czech Republic on June 11th, 2009. Tickets go on sale February 21st, 2009 at 10 AM. Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »
Cena Reveals His Favorite WWE Diva, Finisher Name Change, More
By Daniel Pena
Feb 4, 2009 - 5:57:37 PM

SI.com has an interview with WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena that took place last night at the Gillette-EA Sports Champions of Gaming Global Finals. Cena talks about his favorite WWE Diva, watching the Super Bowl, future WWE stars and his true favorite baseball team.

Regarding Sunday's Super Bowl, Cena said it was the first time he got to watch the whole game in a long time. He was also happy with the game's outcome and believes it over-delivered.

When asked about his favorite Diva in the company, Cena said: "My No. 1 has always been Candice Michelle. She understands what we do in our business. She's an unbelievable athlete, works very hard and is unbelievably gorgeous."

Cena also admits that his finisher's name was changed due to WWE attracting so many children now. Cena said: "It was totally my call. It's actually Attitude Adjustment. I realize that our audience has changed now and when I look out past the ring now I see so many children. Originally the FU was a pun in response to Brock Lesner's move, he used to wrestle in the WWE. I never really called it that. It's something I said once and the announcers picked it up. I know that kids are watching my every move and there are a lot of parents know their kids look up to me and I know a lot of people watch our program with closed eyes and I kind of live by the motto -- "Hustle Loyalty Respect." If someone is out of line, I think instead of giving them an FU, it's better to give them an attitude adjustment."

Cena names Cody Rhodes. Ted DiBiase and Harry ("DH") Smith as stars people will be talking about in five years.

While Cena was spotted wearing a Tampa Bay Rays hat late last season, his true allegiance is with his hometown Boston Red Sox. "I was just trying to stir up a division rivalry that was dead in the water," Cena said. "I actually went to Fenway Park in a Rays jersey and hat and I was sitting in the middle of Red Sox nation and I was answering Red Sox trivia all night long so my fandom is not in jeopardy," Cena said.

You can read the interview in its entirety at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »
TNA Star Up For WWE Honor, Tiffany Parties With Tila, WWE-Serbia
By Daniel Pena
Feb 4, 2009 - 5:04:38 PM

-- In this week's poll for the greatest "WWE Legend of WrestleMania," former WWE Superstar & current TNA wrestler Kurt Angle is one of the choices for the honor. Other wrestlers listed in this week's poll include Kane, Triple H, Andre the Giant and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. WWE will be running a new poll featuring five Superstars for six consecutive weeks and the winner will be announced during the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony on Saturday, April 4, 2009. You can vote in this week's poll at the following link.

-- WWE.com has a brief article on ECW Diva Tiffany appearing at an event in Las Vegas last week alongside MTV star Tila Tequila. {Tiffany parties with Tila in Sin City}

-- WWE will be holding a house show at the Belgrade Arena in Belgrade, Serbia on June 12th, 2009. Tickets go on sale February 21st, 2009 at 10 AM. Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
Rourke Reveals Why He Can't Wrestle At Mania, More On CD Sales
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
Rourke Reveals Why He Can't Wrestle At Mania, More On CD Sales
By Daniel Pena
Feb 4, 2009 - 5:20:58 PM

source: PWInsider.com

-- The Wrestler star Mickey Rourke was awarded with the American Riviera award at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival this past Saturday. Rourke took part in a discussion about his career at the festival. The subject of Wrestlemania 25 came up and Rourke said that he wanted to do the match at first, but changed his mind later. "My people suggested it might not be a wise career move," Rourke said. This should explain his comments during his appearance on Larry King Live last week in which he said he "took the high road" by admitting he "may have put his foot in his mouth" with his comments regarding Chris Jericho at the SAG Awards two Sundays ago. Considering that Chris Jericho was on the show, it would appear that his appearance on CNN was designed to build the angle, but he put an end to it instead.

-- As reported earlier today, Voices: WWE The Music, Vol. 9 debuted at No. 11 on the Top 200 Current Albums Chart this week, selling approximately 26,000 albums. The WWE site has an article on its CD sales and they are saying it sold 25,155 albums to be exact. The article notes it sold more records this week than the likes of Metallica, AC/DC, Mariah Carey, Kid Rock, Lil' Wayne, Pink, Akon, David Cook, Rihanna and "many other artists," although they don't say that many of these albums have already been out. You can read their article at the following link with more mentions of other albums they beat.

-- In the latest edition of "What's Crackin' with Scotty Goldman," the SmackDown Superstar discusses SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero's nude photographs. He also reveals his own "overexposed" shots. {"What's Crackin'" - February 4, 2009}

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »
BL, Haas & Striker Give Exclusive Comments For The WWE Sign Guy
By Daniel Pena
Feb 4, 2009 - 4:26:35 PM

WWE STARS JBL, CHARLIE HAAS, AND MATT STRIKER GIVE EXCLUSIVE COMMENTS, MIKE CHAPMAN DISCUSSES HIS NEW DAN HODGE BOOK, JONNY FAIRPLAY TALKS CELEBRITY INVOLVEMENT AT WRESTLEMANIA 25, BRIAN SOLOMON TALKS CURRENT WWE STORYLINES, AND MUCH MORE THIS WEEK ON WHO'S SLAMMING WHO

WWE Superstars JBL, Charlie Haas, and Matt Striker all appear this week on Who's Slamming Who as part of Rick The WWE Sign Guy's segment, Up Close & Personal. All three WWE Superstars give exclusive comments for The WWE Sign Guy.

Brian Solomon, former editor of WWE Magazine, joins the main show this week on Who's Slamming Who to discuss the recent Randy Orton/Shane McMahon storyline with host Tommy Fierro. They also discuss the Mickey Rourke/WrestleMania 25 situation.

Jonny Fairplay also joins the main show this week, discussing celebrity involvement for WrestleMania 25. Fairplay and Fierro toss around some names who they think would help draw interest for WWE's biggest event ever.

Wrestling author and Executive Director of the Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute and Museum, Mike Chapman joins Who's Slamming Who this week, talking all about his new book that he's recently published, Oklahoma Shooter: The Dan Hodge Story.

Evan Ginzburg, Associate Producer of The Wrestler and Host of Legends Radio makes his debut on Who's Slamming Who this week with his new weekly segment Wrestling Then & Now. Ginzburg talks about ROH coming to HD Net TV as well as about the autograph scene in The Wrestler movie.

Another weekly segment debut on this week's show will be Robert Rosen, who will be doing a wrestling book review called Piledriving the Pages. This week, Rosen will review "Brody: The Triumph and Tragedy of Wrestling's Rebel". Rosen was a featured voice in The Wrestler movie.

Ean Levy brings you all the news going on in and around the world of professional wrestling over the last week, including: news of Ric Flair's new reality TV show, Kurt Angle lands lead role in movie, Bobby Lashley injured, ROH news, former WWE wrestler to debut in MMA, WWE Hall of Fame update, Trish Stratus' new TV show, Randy Savage DVD, and much more.

Jerry Jarrett returns with an all new edition of All Things Are Possible. Jerry has some advice this week regarding the advantages of not producing yourself. His advice is for those who are or want to become wrestlers. However, this same advice is relevant if your in the music business or just going out to dinner. Jerry does not name those examples of self-producers, but it might be fun to play the guessing game.

Joe "The Assassin" Hamilton returns with Wrestle This, commenting on some negative e-mail he received regarding his comments on what he would do if he was in charge of wrestling throught the country. He reads the E-mail and comments on on it. He also comments on the quality of the story lines seen on today's TV wrestling shows.

Lanny Poffo is back this week with an all new Poetry in Motion. Lanny takes on Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Vince McMahon in what has come to be known as the Montreal Screw-Job on November 9th, 1997. You don't want to miss this!

This week on Inside The Behrens Bubble, Bill Behrens continues his discussion of the subjective nature of booking referencing the recent WWE Raw & TNA iMPACT programs, and the negative reaction many had to the booking. He discussing the challenge TNA is having booking Awesome Kong, and cautions both WWE & TNA to be careful whenever lawsuits are pending.

Ace Darling returns this week with No More Bumps. Darling talks about last weekend's ECWA show and all that went on there. He also talks about Mickey Rourkes showing up at Wrestlemaina. He hopes that he is there as a guest and not a wrestler. He hates when a person outside of Wrestling can make more on one night than some top guys do there entire career like Floyd Mayfield.

Plus listen to all new exclusive weekly segments by: Iron Sheik, John Cena Sr., Brian Solomon, Michael Modest, Lodi, Danny Doring, Danny Inferno, Allan Funk, Mike Quackenbush, and Rob Feinstein.

LISTEN TO THE SHOW NOW:

You can listen to the show now at: WhosSlammingWho.podomati c.com

WHO'S SLAMMING WHO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!

Who's Slamming Who has just opened a Facebook group page. If you're on Facebook, please be sure to join the group and take part of our discussion board. The group has just opened and we are still working on it. You can join our Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47042116925.

HEADSHRINKER SAMU TO DEBUT NEW SEGMENT NEXT WEEK!

Former WWF Tag Team Champion Headshrinker Samu will be joining the cast of Who's Slamming Who! Samu debuts his new weekly segment this Monday night on Who's Slamming Who, "On The Road".

VISIT WHO'S SLAMMING WHO'S MYSPACE PAGE!

Be sure to visit Who's Slamming Who's MySpace page on a daily basis, as it's filled with late breaking news, media articles, videos, and so much more. We send out a Video of the Day to our friends and post over 30 wrestling videos on our page every week.

Videos posted on our MySpace page this week include: Earthquack vs. Ronnie Garvin, Dusty Rhodes vs. Rick Martel, Honky Tonk Man vs. Hercules, Tatanka vs. Lex Luger in a Steel Cage, El Matador vs. Ric Flair, Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware vs. Mike Sharpe & Glenn Ruth, Roddy Piper on The Barber Shop, Baron Von Raschke vs. Sheik Adnan El-Kassie, Jesse Ventura interview Price on TNT, Mr. Wonderful at the gym, WWF Gong Show, Blow Away Diet promo, Berzerker on Prime Time Wrestling, Ted DiBiase's Thanksgiving promo, WWF Oktoberfest 1990, Randy Orton vs. Kamala, Jesse Ventura vs. Tony Atlas in a Steel Cage, Pat Tanaka vs. Glacier, Mike Tenay interviews Sean Waltman, Jeff Jarrett vs. Jeff Hardy in Six Sides of Steel, Shane McMahon vs. Steve Blackman Hardcore Match, Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy Hardcore Match, Raven vs. Rhino Hardcore Match, David Sammartino vs. Ron Shaw, Gino Hernandez vs. Tom Pritchard, Lance Storm vs. Don Callis, Ron Simmons vs. Oz, Black Blood vs. Big Josh, WWF Tag Team Battle Royal, Bruiser Brody vs. Invader 1, Matt Sydal vs. AJ Styles, Greg Valentine vs. Col. Mustafa, The Rockers vs. Beverly Brothers, Texas Tornando vs. Big Bully Busick, Head Bangers vs. Stevie Richards & Val Venis, Jack Brisco vs. Bill Irwin, Dory Funk vs. Giant Baba, Ricky Steamboat Jr. vs. Jake Manning, and Mr. Kennedy as a jobber vs. Sean O' Haire.

Check out our MySpace page now at: MySpace.com/WhosSlammingWho.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
Huge Update On Christy Hemme, Kevin Nash vs. Joe, Impact Rating
By Daniel Pena
Feb 4, 2009 - 4:50:21 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- It was reported last month that Christy Hemme had sustained a neck injury while training in the ring with AJ Styles for her Women's Championship match at the Genesis pay-per-view. As a result, Hemme was unable to compete at Genesis against Awesome Kong. Her injury reportedly require surgery that would have put her out of action for an undetermined length of time. In an update on the situation, the TNA Knockout is already back in action. Hemme wrestled at an indy show this past Saturday in Brampton, Ontario.

-- Last Thursday's edition of TNA Impact drew a 1.2 cable rating (rounded up from 1.18) and 1.6 million viewers. The ratings for the show grew quickly, but started to fall 45 minutes into the show. In the segment-by-segment numbers, Booker T vs. referees Andrew Thomas and Rudy Charles gained 14,000 viewers. The Matt Morgan vs. Petey Williams match with the Booker T beatdown out of the broadcast booth and Mick Foley's arrival gained 95,000 viewers for a strong 1.27 quarter. The Team 3D vs. Sting match lost 68,000 viewers. The Scott Steiner vs. Abyss match following it lost 68,000 viewers. The ratings hit rock bottom for the main event featuring Kurt Angle vs. LAX as it lost 176,000 viewers and fell to a show-low 1.04 number. In the demos, the show drew 0.75 in Males 18-34 and 0.77 in Males 35-49.

-- TNA had been hoping to do the Kevin Nash vs. Samoa Joe match at this Sunday's Against All Odds pay-per-view, but it doesn't look like Nash will be be ready on time. The match will more than likely take place at next month's Destination X pay-per-view.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
No More Divas In Playboy? Nick Hogan Driving Again, WWE CD Sales
By Michael Bluth
Feb 4, 2009 - 3:34:14 PM

- The UK Sun has posted a new article today that questions whether Maria was the last WWE Diva to pose for Playboy. With WWE gearing their content more towards a younger audience and going "PG", the annual tradition of a diva posing for Playboy before WrestleMania could be over. You can check out the article that includes a new photo shoot from Maria at TheSun.co.uk.

-- WWE: the Music Vol. 9, "Voices," placed surprisingly high on the Billboard music charts for its debut last week. The CD sold approximately 26,000 units, which beat last year's album on opening week. Volume 8 debuted last March with approximately 20,000 units sold. At the top of last week's charts was Bruce Springsteen's new album, "Working on a Dream." The CD features the title track for the film "The Wrestler," which won the Golden Globe for Best Song but got snubbed by the Academy Awards. The album sold 224,000 units and got a ton of hype from Springsteen's performance at the NFL Super Bowl on Sunday. Billboard.com.

-- Nick Hogan is back behind the wheel, according to ABC Action News in Tampa, Florida. A spokesperson for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles in Tallahassee told ABC that Nick was granted a permit that allows him to drive to and from work. No word yet on his employment status. The original plea bargain agreement he accepted from the John Graziano trial suspended his license for three years. For the full story, visit ABCActionNews.com.......   "WOLFGANG SAYS KEEP THIS KID OFF THE ROAD"