Author Topic: What did you eat yesterday?  (Read 780414 times)

Simple Simon

Re: What did you eat yesterday?
« Reply #2500 on: August 14, 2015, 04:32:40 AM »
I know you don't dad, you mention this fact in everyone elses threads  :D

Sorry, I forgot.

"Feel how cold my hands are, knuckles like blocks of ice"

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2501 on: August 14, 2015, 11:23:35 AM »
protein bar

bread with pastry

youghurt

320 grams of rib eye steak, pasta, salad, vegetables, olive oil

protein bar

blood orange juice, freshly squeezed

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2502 on: August 14, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
Dont count anything, not carbs, fats protein or calories.
Im away in 3 weeks, I will achieve in those three weeks what it took Sev to achieve in 3 months.

Dieting is a piece of piss.

Do you do the galeniko starvation diet?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2503 on: August 15, 2015, 03:37:01 PM »

Im curious about this too.  I remember ukjeff was a big fan of no one, but don't recall if he actually followed he and gals' advices, or to what extent...

breakfast:

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2504 on: August 15, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »
He barely eats.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2505 on: August 16, 2015, 06:22:04 AM »
Im curious about this too.  I remember ukjeff was a big fan of no one, but don't recall if he actually followed he and gals' advices, or to what extent...

Dude, you're already ripped. Why not switch to a decent off season to pack more muscle?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #2506 on: August 16, 2015, 07:04:36 AM »
Yesterday was a cheat day. I ate one schrimp pizza. One hot dog. 15 pieces of sushi and a medium sized bowl of pasta.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2507 on: August 16, 2015, 07:49:05 AM »
Yesterday was a cheat day. I ate one schrimp pizza. One hot dog. 15 pieces of sushi and a medium sized bowl of pasta.

Sounds more like a normal meal, you must eat very clean normally...
My epic muscle-gaining food intake:

1. Morning shake (skim milk, creatine, arginine, olive oil, raw egg, coconut oil, oats, scoop of whey).
2. Lobster Roll (Sea Ketch - Hampton beach) w/ bottled root beer.
3. Large turkey meatball, one slice of bread.
4. Small container of Cherry Garcia Fro-Yo (Ben & Jerrys).

Epic...

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2508 on: August 16, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »
youghurt

sandwich with chicken and bacon

350 grams of steak, salad, olive oil

protein bar, milk

500 ml. carbohydrate sports drink

youghurt

a few slices of toast

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2509 on: August 16, 2015, 04:02:33 PM »
3/4cup raw oats

5-6 almonds

Tablespoon fish oil

2 oz pasta, 2 mini vegan burger patties, broccoli

4 slices cheese pizza from gourmet pizza place

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2510 on: August 16, 2015, 04:05:31 PM »
been alternating between a carb-heavy breakfast (yogurt, cereal, nuts) and a low-carb breakfast (eggs, meat). i definitely look forward to carb-heavy breakfasts more, but then again they also give me the insulin spike, crash, etc... so i dunno.  carb breakfasts are also easier to prepare.

Dude, you're already ripped. Why not switch to a decent off season to pack more muscle?

i dont have much interest in more muscle, nor confidence that i get any.  i just want to be sane... i need to get healthy.  i'm very frail and easily exhausted at this point.

but anyway i never had any interest in "on season", "off season".  i never understood the fascination with being in a "contest shape" which you can't hold indefinitely, always swinging back to an ugly "bulked" look.  i wanted to be exactly the same all year: lean, muscular, and strong.

well, i was lean, muscular, and sick.  unfortunately, i failed at the most important of the three goals.

that said, the more i ask for advice on these forums, the more confused i get.  i think i would fucking starve to death eating the same way as other posters.  look at thong maniacs post... that looks like something i would eat for one of three meals.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2511 on: August 16, 2015, 05:06:59 PM »
been alternating between a carb-heavy breakfast (yogurt, cereal, nuts) and a low-carb breakfast (eggs, meat). i definitely look forward to carb-heavy breakfasts more, but then again they also give me the insulin spike, crash, etc... so i dunno.  carb breakfasts are also easier to prepare.

i dont have much interest in more muscle, nor confidence that i get any.  i just want to be sane... i need to get healthy.  i'm very frail and easily exhausted at this point.

but anyway i never had any interest in "on season", "off season".  i never understood the fascination with being in a "contest shape" which you can't hold indefinitely, always swinging back to an ugly "bulked" look.  i wanted to be exactly the same all year: lean, muscular, and strong.

well, i was lean, muscular, and sick.  unfortunately, i failed at the most important of the three goals.

that said, the more i ask for advice on these forums, the more confused i get.  i think i would fucking starve to death eating the same way as other posters.  look at thong maniacs post... that looks like something i would eat for one of three meals.

OK, you sound pretty clear and open about your goals, props for that, that's a good starting point.

It's a no-brainer that nutrition plays an important role in reaching those goals, but that's not the whole puzzle.
There could be a relation between being too lean for a long time and certain health issues, but that's just a wild guess, since I don't know your medical background.
Have you discussed your health issues with a physician?

Everyone has different views and eating habits, so it's not that hard to get confused, LOL
For long term health you shouldn't go into extremes. Eat what your body & mind needs, without paying too much attention what others do. Keep it simple and enjoy your dishes :)

Simple Simon

« Reply #2512 on: August 17, 2015, 12:00:47 AM »
He barely eats.

My last cut I ate 4 scrambled eggs/baked beans on toast
Chicken fillet
two tins tuna with mayo on a wrap
steak with onions and mushrooms on a wrap
some more chicken later.
I dropped about 14lbs in 28 days total dieting for around 20 of those days (weekends off)
hardly "barely eating"

My latest cut will be

4 egggs and tub cottage cheese
chicken fillet and tin pasta soup
steak and veg with diane sauce
chicken wrap

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2513 on: August 17, 2015, 12:46:09 AM »
OK, you sound pretty clear and open about your goals, props for that, that's a good starting point.

Thanks!

It's a no-brainer that nutrition plays an important role in reaching those goals, but that's not the whole puzzle.
There could be a relation between being too lean for a long time and certain health issues, but that's just a wild guess, since I don't know your medical background.
Have you discussed your health issues with a physician?

Going to discuss this with them tomorrow... not looking forward to it  :-\

Everyone has different views and eating habits, so it's not that hard to get confused, LOL
For long term health you shouldn't go into extremes. Eat what your body & mind needs, without paying too much attention what others do. Keep it simple and enjoy your dishes :)

Thanks for the advice.  I'm slowly learning to apply it.

I'm staying away from 'intermittent fasting', 'paleo', or any other named strategy for now.  I'm also trying to stay away from mega- and micro-meals, instead opting for the "normal" method of eating: a "reasonably" sized breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Maybe this isn't the best, but I'm trying ti for now.

I used to think, "if anyone can succeed with a particular diet, so can I".  Really, I thought the same about every aspect of 'bodybuilding', not just diet -- but that's another story.

When I became very weak, however, I also became very sensitive.  I started noticing how different foods affect me, and came to realize that the choices I make are important after all.  For example, I can easily overeat carbs, I think because they flood my brain with serotonin, totally overriding any sensation of satiety or stomach fullness.  A healthier (less depressed) person won't notice this effect as much, or even at all.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2514 on: August 17, 2015, 05:44:50 AM »
Thanks!

Going to discuss this with them tomorrow... not looking forward to it  :-\

Make sure you're well prepared. Most physicians don't have much time, so brief notes on a paper could help.

Thanks for the advice.  I'm slowly learning to apply it.

I'm staying away from 'intermittent fasting', 'paleo', or any other named strategy for now.  I'm also trying to stay away from mega- and micro-meals, instead opting for the "normal" method of eating: a "reasonably" sized breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Maybe this isn't the best, but I'm trying ti for now.

I used to think, "if anyone can succeed with a particular diet, so can I".  Really, I thought the same about every aspect of 'bodybuilding', not just diet -- but that's another story.

When I became very weak, however, I also became very sensitive.  I started noticing how different foods affect me, and came to realize that the choices I make are important after all.  For example, I can easily overeat carbs, I think because they flood my brain with serotonin, totally overriding any sensation of satiety or stomach fullness.  A healthier (less depressed) person won't notice this effect as much, or even at all.

It's very easy to over-think nutrition in relation to the functioning & composition of your body, but at the end of the day your body & mind simply needs macro & micro nutrients, not too much, not too little. Extreme diets are designed for extreme goals, esp when it comes to body composition. Staying strong & lean (say 8-12% bf) requires a solid, but not extreme food plan.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2515 on: August 17, 2015, 06:07:50 AM »
1 Cup Egg White + One Scoop Isolate
6 oz. Tilapia
6 oz. Turkey
Brown Rice Cereal  + One Scoop Isolate + 1 tbsp. Almond Butter (1 hr. Preworkout)
8 oz. Chicken + 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
5 oz. Salmon
a

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #2516 on: August 17, 2015, 06:23:24 AM »
Sounds more like a normal meal, you must eat very clean normally...
My epic muscle-gaining food intake:

1. Morning shake (skim milk, creatine, arginine, olive oil, raw egg, coconut oil, oats, scoop of whey).
2. Lobster Roll (Sea Ketch - Hampton beach) w/ bottled root beer.
3. Large turkey meatball, one slice of bread.
4. Small container of Cherry Garcia Fro-Yo (Ben & Jerrys).

Epic...

Idk there are a lot of carbs in each and everyone of those meals. If I ate that everyday I would have to train like a mad man every day including cardio, or look forward to watch my definition fade :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2517 on: August 17, 2015, 06:23:37 AM »
6 oz. Tilapia
6 oz. Turkey
Brown Rice Cereal  + One Scoop Isolate + 1 tbsp. Almond Butter (1 hr. Preworkout)
8 oz. Chicken + 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
5 oz. Salmon

Protein rich, good carbs, but where are the veggies?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2518 on: August 17, 2015, 06:29:19 AM »
Protein rich, good carbs, but where are the veggies?

They are there, trust me. asparagus and broccoli; along with fish oil and cla capsules.
I do not eat beef
a

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2519 on: August 17, 2015, 06:58:15 AM »
They are there, trust me. asparagus and broccoli; along with fish oil and cla capsules.
I do not eat beef

Ah OK, asparagus are great but I can't stand their taste.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2520 on: August 17, 2015, 01:32:42 PM »
did someone say chow mein?  ;D

safeway chinese: the gold standard in grocery store "chinese american cuisine".  hadn't had it since i was a kid... still as disgustingly delicious as ever.  wish i would have gone for sweet and sour chicken / pork tho.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2521 on: August 17, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #2522 on: August 17, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2523 on: August 17, 2015, 04:51:34 PM »
haha yes that's gotta be like 400-500 calories

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2524 on: August 18, 2015, 02:06:15 AM »