Author Topic: High School Teacher in CA told his class  (Read 9699 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
High School Teacher in CA told his class
« on: January 31, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
..told the students in my son's geometry class "I don't care if you pass or fail, either way I get paid". BTW, this is my kids first year ever in PS. Nice to know some teachers in public school don't give a shit. The good news is my kid transferred out and into another class pronto along with about 15 others. That teacher now has one less class.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: High School Teacher in CA told his class
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 05:24:31 PM »
..told the students in my son's geometry class "I don't care if you pass or fail, either way I get paid". BTW, this is my kids first year ever in PS. Nice to know some teachers in public school don't give a shit. The good news is my kid transferred out and into another class pronto along with about 15 others. That teacher now has one less class.
That was his goal to get them pissed enough off to leave = less work for him and still get paid. Obama will be proud.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
A republican should no, it is individual responsibility and hard work that will get you that passing grade. Did you expect the teacher to just hand him his grade like welfare? Is your kid some kind of dummy?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »
A republican should no, it is individual responsibility and hard work that will get you that passing grade. Did you expect the teacher to just hand him his grade like welfare? Is your kid some kind of dummy?

Teacher lost the class because out of the two or three classes she was teaching per day, over 80% of the students we not passing. That kind of ratio falls on ineffective teaching. My kid has no less than B in his other classes. The most of the others also have high grades in other classes as well. I have about 8 kids in my gym with the same teacher that say the same thing as well as his baseball coach.

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »
My english teacher said that first year of grade 10, 8 people walked out. only 2 came back.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »
lol at sending your kid to public school.. don't you love your son?

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »
The favorite line from the teachers when I was in school was "I got mine, you got to get yours"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:09:47 PM »
lol at sending your kid to public school.. don't you love your son?

This is his first year in Public. Was in private Christian for 10 years. Moved to Public because this particular schools baseball program.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »
This is his first year in Public. Was in private Christian for 10 years. Moved to Public because this particular schools baseball program.
An excellent reason for switching schools indeed.... the baseball program. Grand move right there. W O A H...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »
An excellent reason for switching schools indeed.... the baseball program. Grand move right there. W O A H...

It is. He's carried a 3.3-3.5 all the way school. He made the USA team this year. His goal is college baseball then where ever that takes him.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »
Maybe the teacher was frustrated because the kids are idiots and refuse to retain anything they learn.  If the kids don't care why should the teacher?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 06:51:58 PM »
teachers get tenure, and they cannot be fired, no matter how bad the grades are.

they teach for 3 years, and they're guaranteed a job for the next 27.  As long as they don't punch a parent or molest a student, they cannot be fired.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
teachers get tenure, and they cannot be fired, no matter how bad the grades are.

they teach for 3 years, and they're guaranteed a job for the next 27.  As long as they don't punch a parent or molest a student, they cannot be fired.
good ol' unions

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »

That's horrible. What else I think is wrong is alla a kid has to have to play a sport is a 2.0 GPA. That's criminal.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 07:08:15 PM »
That's a terrible message to teach the children.

Teachers should...teach! And, if a great majority of children are failing -- it's on the teacher.

I'm thinking maybe the teacher meant to convey a harsh tone that leniency is not to be expected and that the student needs to take responsibility for his/her grade -- but presented this admirable message in the wrong way.
The answer is "yes".

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »
Teachers like this have been around for decades.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »
That's a terrible message to teach the children.

Teachers should...teach! And, if a great majority of children are failing -- it's on the teacher.

I'm thinking maybe the teacher meant to convey a harsh tone that leniency is not to be expected and that the student needs to take responsibility for his/her grade -- but presented this admirable message in the wrong way.

Most likely this is the reason.  The statement was over dramatized by these otherwise geniuses.. ::)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »
Most likely this is the reason.  The statement was over dramatized by these otherwise geniuses.. ::)

x2

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
It is. He's carried a 3.3-3.5 all the way school. He made the USA team this year. His goal is college baseball then where ever that takes him.

the path to the pros goes thru American Legion

high school baseball  ::)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha  kid is getting owned by life because of his short father   hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha
K

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 07:34:26 PM »
What was his batting average Coach?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »
That's horrible. What else I think is wrong is alla a kid has to have to play a sport is a 2.0 GPA. That's criminal.

2.0 is straight C's.   It's not ideal, but it's "good enough".

in florida, 1/3 of high school students do not graduate.  68% graduation rate last time I saw.

Why?  Lots of reasons.  One reason is poor teachers, as your thread notes.  The problem is this... teaching pays what, $30k a year for a 4-year degree that requires FOUR unpaid internships while you're in school, including a FIVE MONTH unpaid teaching full-time position.  Yes, imagine any other field where you have to work HALF A YEAR for FREE before you have your degree, so you can start at $30 grand.

Raise the standards, Coach.  Pay that Geometry teacher $80k and require him to have a masters and re-interview for his job every year based upon results.   but then, who pays that $80k?  raise taxes?  federal govt?  The states can barely pay $30k a teacher now.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »
What was his batting average Coach?

JV .305 (he's a sophomore)
Varsiity .275

He's a catcher, his last timed POP time for the USA team try outs was 1.87.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »

JV .305 (he's a sophomore)
Varsiity .275

He's a catcher, his last timed POP time for the USA team try outs was 1.87.

But most importantly, what does he deadlift? True measure of a man.
X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 08:30:14 PM »
Raise the standards, Coach.  Pay that Geometry teacher $80k and require him to have a masters and re-interview for his job every year based upon results.   but then, who pays that $80k?  raise taxes?  federal govt?  The states can barely pay $30k a teacher now.

Maybe we can raise the taxes on bbing supplements to increase revenues.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »
Public School.

End of Thread
L