Author Topic: Steve Reeves- the man  (Read 2345 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Steve Reeves- the man
« on: September 14, 2023, 03:22:46 AM »
I have always been amazed at how quickly Reeves got in contest shape -
Did he use Steroids?  He always denied this but not sure.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Steve Reeves- the man
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 05:31:47 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 05:33:31 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 05:36:38 AM »
for people who do not know who Brad Harris was

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 03:00:09 PM »
It's funny he trained back in the day at Gold's but he never competed once that I can remember. He said he never trained lower body. He liked to run distance and sprints for legs.  He said he trained 9 sets a body part in general with three exercises so 3 sets and three exercises. Arnold tried to get him to compete but he had no interest.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 03:05:41 PM »
Regarding Reeves he looked amazing at 15 training.  Most of the big names looks like hell once they stop juicing. Reeves was in shape most of his life until his health unexpectedly failed him. Even in World War II in the Pacific Islands he was nick named the Shape. Was he juicing during the war?  In his own words in his book he says he's against steroids so I will take him at his word.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 08:42:14 AM »
It's funny he trained back in the day at Gold's but he never competed once that I can remember. He said he never trained lower body. He liked to run distance and sprints for legs.  He said he trained 9 sets a body part in general with three exercises so 3 sets and three exercises. Arnold tried to get him to compete but he had no interest.
amazing physique for any age

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2023, 08:45:34 AM »
Regarding Reeves he looked amazing at 15 training.  Most of the big names looks like hell once they stop juicing. Reeves was in shape most of his life until his health unexpectedly failed him. Even in World War II in the Pacific Islands he was nick named the Shape. Was he juicing during the war?  In his own words in his book he says he's against steroids so I will take him at his word.
yes i spoke a few times to George Helmer on the phone who ran his publicity & books
he said he was a natty but no one will know for sure

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 05:17:38 PM »

In his book he mentions this as the largest his arms ever got, around 18” which look huge here. Great shape and shoulder width.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2024, 02:58:41 AM »
In his book he mentions this as the largest his arms ever got, around 18” which look huge here. Great shape and shoulder width.
I have his book building the Classic Physique & itīs a great read, infact one of the best books iīve read on Natural training.
Itīs amazing how he got in shape for films as he wrote he never trained all year round.
some people say he was on the juice but i donīt believe it looking at his physique.
His incline curls were special in that he fixed a bar onto the incline bench so that when he curled his arms were motionless like using an arm blaster but on an incline, also he used an off set grip.