Author Topic: Professional Nutritionis?  (Read 1375 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Professional Nutritionis?
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:53:11 AM »
Hi gang,
I'm in the process of acutally getting a professional nutritionist have a look at me and my current diet...
Has anybody tried that and is it actully worth the money?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Professional Nutritionis?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:55:35 AM »
Hi gang,
I'm in the process of acutally getting a professional nutritionist have a look at me and my current diet...

why do you need one?

you have been on getbig and in to bodybuilding for allmost 2 years right. you should know how to diet by now.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:58:36 AM »
give it a shot,
let us know how it goes.
Most are all show no go!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 05:59:02 AM »
Hi gang,

define "nutritionist"
just not good enough

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 05:59:58 AM »

define "nutritionist"

exactly.  If you're looking at a bodybuilding nutrionist might be worth it.  If you're going to a general one they'll tell you you're killing yourself with too much protein.
It hasn't helped...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:00:11 AM »
why do you need one?

you have been on getbig and in to bodybuilding for allmost 2 years right. you should know how to diet by now.

I have been lifting now for over 4 years, and you are absolutely right to ask why the hell would I need one.

As always when it comes down to training lifting and that matter I be a 100% honest so here we go.

I honestly believe that I have maneuvered myself in a one way street, I think I have lost the ability to think differently, all my diets are either restricted carb intake and loads of fat and protein or a mix of both.
I do think looking at my progress what is too slow to begin with I need somebody to have a unbiased look over my diet my self and than
tell me... look you are either full of shit or yes you were spot on something is wrong.

Facts are it is extremely hard for me to drop below 100kg and this is simply another step to try to get were I wanted to be a long time ago.

flame away

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:02:26 AM »
exactly.  If you're looking at a bodybuilding nutrionist might be worth it.  If you're going to a general one they'll tell you you're killing yourself with too much protein.

granted, the nutritionist here in dublin i choose is a woman who is good but again not a Bodybuilding nutritionist, I will have to be
very open with her and honest.
I hope she will understand the difference between fitness and BB.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 06:05:25 AM »
Hi gang,

These work for some people!
Spirit of Truth

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 06:05:51 AM »

wtf is a bb nutritionist? any nutritionist you go to should be able to help you with your diet, no matter what your goals are. this isnt a family doctor who took a mandatory course in nutrition, its someone who specializes in it.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 06:07:30 AM »
nutritionist  ::)

its not rocket science

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 06:08:06 AM »
wtf is a bb nutritionist? any nutritionist you go to should be able to help you with your diet, no matter what your goals are. this isnt a family doctor who took a mandatory course in nutrition, its someone who specializes in it.

i think what he meant was a nutritionist that has somewhat a better understanding of a this sport and the needs of this sport.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 06:11:53 AM »
i think what he meant was a nutritionist that has somewhat a better understanding of a this sport and the needs of this sport.

the needs for a bodybuilder would most likely be considered unhealthy by a nutrionist.  Remember these people don't tend to have doctorates.  You can do the relevant courses within a year.
It hasn't helped...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 06:14:43 AM »
the needs for a bodybuilder would most likely be considered unhealthy by a nutrionist.  Remember these people don't tend to have doctorates.  You can do the relevant courses within a year.

sure, this one however is a little special, she is very good and is pretty well know.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 06:15:55 AM »
all kidding aside, I love to beat on the guy politically, but I'd PM coach if I were you. 

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:39 AM »
all kidding aside, I love to beat on the guy politically, but I'd PM coach if I were you. 

youre still kidding then.
coach is a moron. just couse he hangs out with john berardi dont make him an expert in nutrition.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:48 AM »

you think coach be up for that?

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 06:19:31 AM »
I'd rather go see a sports' doctor than a nutritionist. Probably would be better suited for your needs.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 06:20:05 AM »
I'd rather go see a sports' doctor than a nutritionist. Probably would be better suited for your needs.

whats the difference?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 06:21:40 AM »
you think coach be up for that?

PM him.   I'm betting you could send him pics and details and he could get you something good.  He works with high caliber of athletes with performance in mind, and he does get results.  I love to rag on him for the Rush Limbaugh stuff, but Coach does know his stuff.  When my kid is ready for sports trianing, etc, I'm calling Coach.

Also I can recommend Layne Norton www.biolayne.com
He did my diet and I can't recommend the guy enough.  Cost was $150 I believe, and it was completely customized based upon the foods I liked to eat.  he got me on a lot more cabs, everything down to the %... and I did add ten pounds to myself in maybe 7 weeks... filled out greatly and kept same bodyfat. I did post pics too.  I can't recommend Layne enough for bodybuilding, especially for naturals.  I was eating way too much protein and the wrong kind of carbs.  He had me gain weight with more cardio.  Very good stuff.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 06:25:40 AM »
PM him.   I'm betting you could send him pics and details and he could get you something good.  He works with high caliber of athletes with performance in mind, and he does get results.  I love to rag on him for the Rush Limbaugh stuff, but Coach does know his stuff.  When my kid is ready for sports trianing, etc, I'm calling Coach.

Also I can recommend Layne Norton www.biolayne.com
He did my diet and I can't recommend the guy enough.  Cost was $150 I believe, and it was completely customized based upon the foods I liked to eat.  he got me on a lot more cabs, everything down to the %... and I did add ten pounds to myself in maybe 7 weeks... filled out greatly and kept same bodyfat. I did post pics too.  I can't recommend Layne enough for bodybuilding, especially for naturals.  I was eating way too much protein and the wrong kind of carbs.  He had me gain weight with more cardio.  Very good stuff.
[/b]

i like to hear that i give this a good think over