Author Topic: Awesome Lou Ferrigno shot  (Read 26694 times)

spinnis

Re: Awesome Lou Ferrigno shot
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 06:11:14 AM »
lol he looks like arnold here

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 06:40:04 AM »
for being on one of the top tv shows?

that sucks then and now

Was the Hulk ever rated #1.  I don't think so but maybe you can research that for me.  When was that show?  Was it after 76' I can't remember, can you research that for me too.  And yes $1500 a week for a show back then was really good.  The minimum weekly back in 03' was just over $2300.  I think it goes up like 3% a year after that but not sure.  Far above the SAG minimum if they even had one back then.  If I remember right they weren't paying residuals for shows prior to 76'.  Also, $6,000 a month is not a bad income.  not super great but not bad.
No Worries 4 me

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:28 AM »
insane

And without the GH gut...  :o
S

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »
Why didn't Lou and Serge come back for 76 Olympia? That midget Sardinian got a free ride.

I know Lou was doing Hulk, but why couldn't he have trained concurrently for the O? I mean, after all, his role in the Hulk was all about the physique.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »
Better get your eyes checked sport this back is better than Nasser

Lou's physique could win the Olympia today...very nice back shot..and he is more striated than most guys today

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2009, 11:50:25 AM »
Am I crazy, or is his posterior enormous there?  Ok, I said it.  Unless it's his lower body, I don't know.  Something just doesn't seem to flow.

I think it's the posing trunks..they look awful..classic 1970's style

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »
Also a lot of people don't realize that Lou quit just as there was a big leap in chemical inhancements...stuff like HGH, insulin, and before the chemical guru's...Lou basically worked out on his own in a basement without a training partner.....and he had only his father to guide him..if he had one of those so-called "gurus" like all the guys do today and he had access to all the stuff they have today he would have been incredible for his size

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
Also a lot of people don't realize that Lou quit just as there was a big leap in chemical inhancements...stuff like HGH, insulin, and before the chemical guru's...Lou basically worked out on his own in a basement without a training partner.....and he had only his father to guide him..if he had one of those so-called "gurus" like all the guys do today and he had access to all the stuff they have today he would have been incredible for his size
Excellent point and one that is over looked. Especially the chemical warefare.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:35 PM »
Used to see Lou almost everyday at the gym back in the early 80's.  I remember seeing him training just before he left to do the Hercules movie.  He was HUGE.  He trained in a flannel shirt that just him look incredible.  He was pretty nice back then.  I trained arms with him a few times.  He had no problem you working in with him.  I guess he is alot different now.
No Worries 4 me

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »
Was the Hulk ever rated #1.  I don't think so but maybe you can research that for me.  When was that show?  Was it after 76' I can't remember, can you research that for me too.  And yes $1500 a week for a show back then was really good.  The minimum weekly back in 03' was just over $2300.  I think it goes up like 3% a year after that but not sure.  Far above the SAG minimum if they even had one back then.  If I remember right they weren't paying residuals for shows prior to 76'.  Also, $6,000 a month is not a bad income.  not super great but not bad.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »
 :o

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2009, 07:39:23 PM »
325 in shape all year round .

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »
Over a foot taller and with less drugs than Mutan Dexter

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »
Abs better than any mass monter.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »
One of the very few If not the only one who really made $$$ out of bodybuilding.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
Over a foot taller and with less drugs than Mutan Dexter

great physique for sure but his lats are relatively narrow as i mentioned before..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2009, 08:06:32 PM »
Abs better than any mass monter.

paul dillett and nasser both had better abs, just to mention a few..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2009, 08:07:53 PM »
Clearly Nasser had better abs...Dillet ::)

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2009, 08:14:45 PM »
Am I crazy, or is his posterior enormous there?  Ok, I said it.  Unless it's his lower body, I don't know.  Something just doesn't seem to flow.

i think those trunks r alittle big n hes definately standing wronge  lots of guys mess up back poses back then..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2009, 08:18:01 PM »
Clearly Nasser had better abs...Dillet ::)

you know i didnt want to mention nasser only to avoid some stupid comments from the idiots here so i just mentioned any other big guy with him ;D

Stavios

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2009, 08:53:37 PM »
awesome physique !

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:11 PM »

Lou did go to a gym and his basement for his lifting, but his father didn't guide him. That was all made up for Pumping Iron.  After the 75 Olympia, Joe Weider offered to train Ferrigno in Cali, but his dad told him to give up bodybuilding and start in a real trade.  He had training in sheet metal, and moved to Columbus, Ohio and worked for Purdie Metals. I don't know if he knew that the Olympia was gonna start being there or it was just coincidence that he took a job here.

A buddy of mine worked in a factory near the one Lou worked at, and the workers of both factories would eat their lunch together by some railroad tracks. My friend said Lou was the nicest guy, but that was before he was famous.  My buddy worked out with Lou at Otterbein College's weightroom, and it took 2 or 3 guys to spot him on the bench.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »
Dillet and Nasser are piles of shitty oil... Do not compare their physiques with Lou's...
S

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »
Dillet and Nasser are piles of shitty oil... Do not compare their physiques with Lou's...

why?.. didnt low enhance his poor calves?? :-\ :-X