Author Topic: Reg Parks diet.  (Read 27569 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Reg Parks diet.
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:59 PM »
Fish and water for 4-6 weeks. No lie.

plus dianabol and primobolan.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »
plus dianabol and primobolan.

Whatever you want to think. Bottom line is, none of todays bodybuilders couldn't hang if they had to do now what they did back then. Drugs were around but they REALLY were the finishing touch. But even though you weren't around back then I'm sure you'll insist I' full of shit.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »
Whatever you want to think. Bottom line is, none of todays bodybuilders couldn't hang if they had to do now what they did back then. Drugs were around but they REALLY were the finishing touch. But even though you weren't around back then I'm sure you'll insist I' full of shit.

Yes.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »
Cool thanks..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2011, 02:07:26 AM »
I followed Reg's diet and training all through my teens and its essentially what I built my foundation on. Eggs, honey, milk and lots of meat. Reg was all about simplicity and it really worked. Guy was a big strong dense mofo too and always look huge even standing next to Arnold. He'd be rolling over in his grave if he saw what a clusterfuck bodybuilding is today.

he did, I met him a yr or 2 before his passing, 2006, I think.. things were already clusterfucked then

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2011, 02:08:19 AM »
You would be surprised what they used to eat shit.
;D

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2011, 02:23:50 AM »
I remember him saying he thought in his prime he could beat the champions of "today" (interview was done in the 90s) with no drugs.  Reg was cool, but quite delusional.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2011, 02:49:33 AM »
I remember him saying he thought in his prime he could beat the champions of "today" (interview was done in the 90s) with no drugs.  Reg was cool, but quite delusional.
there comes a time, when all the old-timers start becoming ridiculous in their claims and reminiscences, insulting people's intelligence

how little they used(if at all), how their genes were superior, how everything was better

franco claimed to have used only after becoming mr o
pearl was natural except for the one time he took 5mg dbol
mentzer preaching methods that were not what he used to become a successful pro

this shit goes all the way back to grimek

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2011, 03:46:19 AM »
Which would have him losing all that muscle and lacking any fullness what so ever - the important bit you left out - funny that  ::) palm fulls of dball

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2011, 05:45:05 AM »
All of those guys were obviously lying .....look at the pic with Arnold...Arnold was on steroids at that time and Arnold was a rare specimen as a human being....Park is bigger and looks better than Arnold...there is no way he was only on fish, steak, water, fruits and veggies plus milk.....

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2011, 06:19:02 AM »
All his life Reg Park seemed a man of honor.  There are more than few here and thoughout the interwebs that would salve their own egos and pharmaceutical transgressions by claiming that Reg, Reeves and other early physical culturists and lifters in general used steroids.

Fuck that noise.

Prove it.  It cannot be done. 

It's the same with claims of these men fagging off for money.  We had an old queen at at gym I used to lift at years ago that used to squeal on and on that "back in the day" Reeves was the "highest paid hustler in Hollywood".  I asked him to submit proof.  Outside his sordid homo fantasies of priapic tummy stick fights, he couldn't.

Jealousy doesn't become real men.  But then this is, Getbig... ;)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2011, 06:24:07 AM »
All his life Reg Park seemed a man of honor.  There are more than few here and thoughout the interwebs that would salve their own egos and pharmaceutical transgressions by claiming that Reg, Reeves and other early physical culturists and lifters in general used steroids.

Fuck that noise.

Prove it.  It cannot be done.  

It's the same with claims of these men fagging off for money.  We had an old queen at at gym I used to lift at years ago that used to squeal on and on that "back in the day" Reeves was the "highest paid hustler in Hollywood".  I asked him to submit proof.  Outside his sordid homo fantasies of priapic tummy stick fights, he couldn't.

Jealousy doesn't become real men.  But then this is, Getbig... ;)
So you are saying Reg is clean ?  ??? - I dont think jealousy is involved with any of the calling out of these guys - everyone here respects honesty , all these kunts lie and thats where it comes from , he and every prick from that era that was honest would gain more respect with being just that ---> honest... but they chose to lie so they can go fuck themselves the lot of them , silly old fucks  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2011, 06:26:28 AM »
So you are saying Reg is clean ?  ??? - I dont think jealousy is involved with any of the calling out of these guys - everyone here respects honesty , all these kunts lie and thats where it comes from , he and every prick from that era that was honest would gain more respect than being just that ---> honest... but they chose to lie so they can go fuck themselves the lot of them , silly old fucks  ::)

Yes, this "We were the better bodybuilders back in the days and all guys after us used steroids" bullshit is really lame.

It was lame with Larry Scott and Reg Park, but it is getting ridiculous with 90s bodybuilders now claiming to be natural.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2011, 06:28:27 AM »
All his life Reg Park seemed a man of honor.  There are more than few here and thoughout the interwebs that would salve their own egos and pharmaceutical transgressions by claiming that Reg, Reeves and other early physical culturists and lifters in general used steroids.

Fuck that noise.

Prove it.  It cannot be done. 

It's the same with claims of these men fagging off for money.  We had an old queen at at gym I used to lift at years ago that used to squeal on and on that "back in the day" Reeves was the "highest paid hustler in Hollywood".  I asked him to submit proof.  Outside his sordid homo fantasies of priapic tummy stick fights, he couldn't.

Jealousy doesn't become real men.  But then this is, Getbig... ;)

I think that where there is smoke there is usually fire......its human nature......wherever you have large muscular men, there is going to be guys who lust after them and are willing to pay for the privilege of being with them...if you go to a strip club, where there are beautiful shapely women...there are people there who will pay for the privilege to be with them....its human nature,,in my mind it doesn't diminish these men in any way..(depending on how it is done)..it's business.....its people using their assets (bodies) for financial gain, which has been going on for centuries

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2011, 06:46:27 AM »
So you are saying Reg is clean ?  ??? - I dont think jealousy is involved with any of the calling out of these guys - everyone here respects honesty , all these kunts lie and thats where it comes from , he and every prick from that era that was honest would gain more respect with being just that ---> honest... but they chose to lie so they can go fuck themselves the lot of them , silly old fucks  ::)

I tend to believe Reg and for that matter Reeves.  There is no real reason to doubt them save to salve our own egos.  If they used steroids, especially so Reg then why did he not improve dramatically in the later years, i.e., the later sixties early seventies when such drugs were more prevalent and far more readily available?

Reeves of course, did not compete into those years as did Reg but again, looking at Park's physique I see no dramatic improvement that would indicate AAS use.  He doesn't "dwarf" Arnold, but neither is he made to look bad by the Oak.  Remember, Reg was a very big man with a large bone structure capable of supporting heavy musculature.  He trained hard and heavy, ate well (and often) and had been doing so since the late forties/early fifties. 

Contrast Reg with Coleman. I would rather look like a man (Park) than a comic book caricature (Coleman).   People will justify their own useage by insisting those that succeeded without drugs, did in fact take drugs.  Somehow for them, absence of genuine proof is proof enough. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2011, 06:47:58 AM »
I am pretty sure i read somewhere that Reg Park tested Dianabol for Ziegler.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »
I think that where there is smoke there is usually fire......its human nature......wherever you have large muscular men, there is going to be guys who lust after them and are willing to pay for the privilege of being with them...if you go to a strip club, where there are beautiful shapely women...there are people there who will pay for the privilege to be with them....its human nature,,in my mind it doesn't diminish these men in any way..(depending on how it is done)..it's business.....its people using their assets (bodies) for financial gain, which has been going on for centuries

There can be no doubt that fags like muscles and are more than willing to pay for it.  Witness the sad example of Bay and you know it to be true, but not all bodybuilders are willing to be pin cushions for cash and I seriously doubt Park and Reeves did so.  There is no representative proof of either man smoking wang but I will grant you there are plenty of photographic examples of schmomosexuality gone fucking wild from way back.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2011, 06:54:02 AM »
Actually coach is probably one of the best resources on this board for what an old school diet. Guy has been around before nutrition facts were printing on food labels. Hell he is older then fucking dirt  ;D. 4-6 weeks of fish and water only could probably get you down to single digits (7-9%), which most of these guys were when they competed.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »
Reg Park, oh brother  ::)

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »
Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
One of the more interesting diet myths came from the Saxon Brothers that were very famous back in their day, here's an except-

"
For breakfast they ate 24 eggs and 3 pounds of smoked bacon; porridge with cream, honey, marmalade and tea with plenty of sugar. At three o'clock they had dinner: ten pounds of meat was consumed with vegetables (but not much potatoes); sweet fruits, raw or cooked, sweet cakes, salads, sweet puddings, cocoa and whipped cream and very sweet tea. Supper, after the show, they had cold meat, smoked fish, much butter, cheese and beer. Following this they had a chat and at one o'clock went to bed.  " .

And their heath drink-
^^
WHY are they drinking Phil Heath??  He's Mr. Olympia for God sakes....

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
 There is no representative proof of either man smoking wang but I will grant you there are plenty of photographic examples of schmomosexuality gone fucking wild from way back.
^^
Do you have any of these photos to share??

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 08:23:04 AM »
Reg Park, oh brother  ::)

I agree che. We all had our Arnold fascinations at one point but i think people tend to over glorify bodybuilders of the past. Fact of the matter is Reg Park at his peak would struggle to win a local area show and Arnold would be stuck at the national level for years.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2011, 08:25:40 AM »
there comes a time, when all the old-timers start becoming ridiculous in their claims and reminiscences, insulting people's intelligence

how little they used(if at all), how their genes were superior, how everything was better

franco claimed to have used only after becoming mr o
pearl was natural except for the one time he took 5mg dbol
mentzer preaching methods that were not what he used to become a successful pro

this shit goes all the way back to grimek

All, good points.

Us older dudes gotta remember how soon we become demented. Sux.

Clinging to the past. Bad mistake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2011, 08:28:17 AM »
I agree che. We all had our Arnold fascinations at one point but i think people tend to over glorify bodybuilders of the past. Fact of the matter is Reg Park at his peak would struggle to win a local area show and Arnold would be stuck at the national level for years.
I agree but I was just trolling.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
I tend to believe Reg and for that matter Reeves.  There is no real reason to doubt them save to salve our own egos.  If they used steroids, especially so Reg then why did he not improve dramatically in the later years, i.e., the later sixties early seventies when such drugs were more prevalent and far more readily available?

Reeves of course, did not compete into those years as did Reg but again, looking at Park's physique I see no dramatic improvement that would indicate AAS use.  He doesn't "dwarf" Arnold, but neither is he made to look bad by the Oak.  Remember, Reg was a very big man with a large bone structure capable of supporting heavy musculature.  He trained hard and heavy, ate well (and often) and had been doing so since the late forties/early fifties. 

Contrast Reg with Coleman. I would rather look like a man (Park) than a comic book caricature (Coleman).   People will justify their own useage by insisting those that succeeded without drugs, did in fact take drugs.  Somehow for them, absence of genuine proof is proof enough. 

I'm not going to put you down for believing Reg.....I think its admirable of you to stick by Reg....but human nature suggests otherwise.....competitor s in any given sport do not talk about "enhancements" because they are afraid it would diminish them in the eyes of their fellow athletes.....especially when said enhancement is new to that particular sport.....

Baseball players only grudgingly admitted that the were using steroids.....and some such as
roger Clemons and Rafael Palmiero still won't admit it.....even though Palmiero tesed positive later....the manliness of sports dictates that you have to achieve your accomplishments on your own using hard work and practice with out any "help" or you are not a true athlete in the minds of your peers..or the public