Author Topic: Getbiggers make fun of teen (in bulking phase) selling prom dress  (Read 5995 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Not OK: Teen bullied and body-shamed when she tried to sell her prom dress

Today, we were reminded of two things: The insane cruelty of Internet bullies, and the power of standing up for yourself.

Kristen Layne, an 18-year old high school student in Tennessee, who wore a kick-ass sparkly purple ball gown to her junior prom, a dress that “made her feel like a princess,” decided to sell it on Facebook and posted a picture and description of the dress to the “For Sale in Sumner County, TN” group page.

What should have been all business got personal (and straight-up MEAN) when two men in the group started making fun of Layne’s body in the comments section of the post. (Seriously, what is wrong with people?)

“I was trying to sell my prom dress, and these two men were just saying some very hateful things, just telling me I was fat and that I wasn’t beautiful,” Layne explained to WSMV-TV, a local news station that first reported the story.

“I didn’t understand why people who didn’t even know her lashed out at her,” her father, Jason Layne, added.

It is hard to imagine why anyone in the world would take to social media to be cruel re: the way a teenage girl looks or make fun of a high schooler’s prom dress. I will never understand the depths of darkness that lie within the heart of an Internet troll.

The good news is that rather than crawl under her bed (which is what I do every time someone is mean to me on the Internet), Layne faced her bullies head on and gave them a what for.

“Can you please stop with the comments?” she wrote on the Facebook thread, according to the news channel. “Sorry that I’m not pleasing to your eye.”

Page 2 of 2
Her dad was super proud of her, because her dad is clearly the awesomest:

“I think it’s going to be a positive impact, I really do, because she stands up for herself,” Layne told WSMV-TV. “Life is not a bed of roses, it’s hard.”

Sometimes, it helps to lean on the good people of the Internet—they’re out there, too.  Immediately after the trolls started trolling, other members of the group jumped in to defend Layne. One poster wrote, “It’s obvious this woman is beautiful, inside and out.” Another commented that Layne’s dress “looks absolutely stunning.”

The community rallied around Layne, her post received more than 400 likes, and those who have heard her story have contributed more than $400 to buy her a new dress, according to NBC News.

As disgusted as we are with the Facebook haters that tried their best to bully Layne, we can’t help but be touched that Layne’s champions FAR FAR FAR outnumbered her trolls. It’s also pretty amazing how Layne stood up for herself so gracefully and didn’t let the commenters get her down. Whether she knew it at the time or not, she sent a powerful message—not just to the haters, but to all of us—that confidence and standing up for yourself is a truly brave and beautiful thing.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
Re: Getbiggers make fun of teen (in bulking phase) selling prom dress
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:51:06 PM »
One of my favorite shows is "my 600lb life" and all of their old high school pics look like her, so those guys are just trying to help.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:02:47 PM »
Why is she so mad they're just telling the truth. Just imagine 5-10 years from now when she packs on another 100 lbs of fat she'll be longing for the days when she used to fit in that sparkly curtain.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 02:37:48 AM »
she looks normal...this is how normal american girl look like...normal...

Dosent understand the problem : )

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:56 AM »
If you cropped her head, everything below her upper chest. and her hands and just left her arms and shoulders, you'd think it was cswole

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 05:15:34 AM »
Not saying anyone should be making fun of her but it really grinds my gears when people are fake and outright lie. Like this person:

One poster wrote, “It’s obvious this woman is beautiful, inside and out.”

It's just a cliche. 99% chance this person really doesn't think she's beautiful but saying this just to be nice and PC. Thin women who openly defend fatties talk the most shit about them in private and they also never have nor would date an obese man.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 05:16:59 AM »
Who took her to the prom?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 05:18:09 AM »
Who took her to the prom?

Probably big mike cox

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 05:18:43 AM »
would be down for a bj...
?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 05:18:49 AM »
Not saying anyone should be making fun of her but it really grinds my gears when people are fake and outright lie. Like this person:

It's just a cliche. 99% chance this person really doesn't think she's beautiful but saying this just to be nice and PC. Thin women who openly defend fatties talk the most shit about them in private and they also never have nor would date an obese man.

Most of life is blue pilled, nobody wants to admit the truth, either to seem holier than holier or as a coping mechanism.It simply comes down to the fact that she has neither looks, money or status.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 05:21:01 AM »

If Big Mike Cox was the poster, he was being 100% honest  ;)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 05:22:11 AM »

Today, we were reminded of two things: The insane cruelty of Internet bullies, and the power of standing up for yourself.

Kristen Layne, an 18-year old high school student in Tennessee, who wore a kick-ass sparkly purple ball gown to her junior prom, a dress that “made her feel like a princess,” decided to sell it on Facebook and posted a picture and description of the dress to the “For Sale in Sumner County, TN” group page.

What should have been all business got personal (and straight-up MEAN) when two men in the group started making fun of Layne’s body in the comments section of the post. (Seriously, what is wrong with people?)

“I was trying to sell my prom dress, and these two men were just saying some very hateful things, just telling me I was fat and that I wasn’t beautiful,” Layne explained to WSMV-TV, a local news station that first reported the story.

“I didn’t understand why people who didn’t even know her lashed out at her,” her father, Jason Layne, added.

It is hard to imagine why anyone in the world would take to social media to be cruel re: the way a teenage girl looks or make fun of a high schooler’s prom dress. I will never understand the depths of darkness that lie within the heart of an Internet troll.

The good news is that rather than crawl under her bed (which is what I do every time someone is mean to me on the Internet), Layne faced her bullies head on and gave them a what for.

“Can you please stop with the comments?” she wrote on the Facebook thread, according to the news channel. “Sorry that I’m not pleasing to your eye.”

Page 2 of 2
Her dad was super proud of her, because her dad is clearly the awesomest:

“I think it’s going to be a positive impact, I really do, because she stands up for herself,” Layne told WSMV-TV. “Life is not a bed of roses, it’s hard.”

Sometimes, it helps to lean on the good people of the Internet—they’re out there, too.  Immediately after the trolls started trolling, other members of the group jumped in to defend Layne. One poster wrote, “It’s obvious this woman is beautiful, inside and out.” Another commented that Layne’s dress “looks absolutely stunning.”

The community rallied around Layne, her post received more than 400 likes, and those who have heard her story have contributed more than $400 to buy her a new dress, according to NBC News.

As disgusted as we are with the Facebook haters that tried their best to bully Layne, we can’t help but be touched that Layne’s champions FAR FAR FAR outnumbered her trolls. It’s also pretty amazing how Layne stood up for herself so gracefully and didn’t let the commenters get her down. Whether she knew it at the time or not, she sent a powerful message—not just to the haters, but to all of us—that confidence and standing up for yourself is a truly brave and beautiful thing.

Nothing more beta and white-knightish than the "editorial 'we' "  

If her father is angry, he should be angry with himself for either passing on inferior genetics or creating an environment where this chubette exploded.  

I'm sure her rapier-like wit stopped the "trolls" dead in their tracks  ::)

"kick-ass sparkly purple ball gown"  oh, brother

Why wasn't her (most assuredly) black boyfriend/babydaddy online to "defend" her?  

~

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 05:28:50 AM »
Nothing more beta and white-knightish than the "editorial 'we' "  

If her father is angry, he should be angry with himself for either passing on inferior genetics or creating an environment where this chubette exploded.  

I'm sure her rapier-like wit stopped the "trolls" dead in their tracks  ::)

"kick-ass sparkly purple ball gown"  oh, brother

Why wasn't her (most assuredly) black boyfriend/babydaddy online to "defend" her?  

I'm betting she gets more offers for sex than go4it does from women

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:28 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 05:43:49 AM »
If you cropped her head, everything below her upper chest. and her hands and just left her arms and shoulders, you'd think it was cswole

It's really a pic of TBombz in drag at his prom  :D

He needed some cash so he tried to sell the gown to afford a new bunny suit

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 05:52:17 AM »
Probably big mike cox

Yeah u right!!  :)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 07:19:48 AM »
I'm betting she gets more offers for sex than go4it does from women

Guess the race?
?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 07:40:24 AM »
Guess the race?

LOL, but hey now, I like the same full, round figure on my woman.

What really bugs me , is how so many claim she's "beautiful" as is.
Ok, if that's really true why don't they have millions of normal wt , younger woman, trying to gain 100 lbs?

The reality is she's FAT and fat isn't pretty.
Saying every girls body is beautiful is like saying every shot taken , scores.

Far better to be honest and say she's fat and does the best she can with what she's working with.
Trying to pretend she's beautiful is like saying Derrick Anthony was a model of healthy, wholesome living.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:38 AM »
LOL, but hey now, I like the same full, round figure on my woman.

What really bugs me , is how so many claim she's "beautiful" as is.
Ok, if that's really true why don't they have millions of normal wt , younger woman, trying to gain 100 lbs?

The reality is she's FAT and fat isn't pretty.
Saying every girls body is beautiful is like saying every shot taken , scores.

Far better to be honest and say she's fat and does the best she can with what she's working with.
Trying to pretend she's beautiful is like saying Derrick Anthony was a model of healthy, wholesome living.

Exactly my point!  Bet you would still like to smell her farts though.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:48 AM »
have her parents buy her a box of twinkies and she will be over this matter shortly

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
The father should go whoop their asses

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 02:47:18 PM »
Is she doing the splits in this pic? I'm a little confused.

And Porklucita, if you're reading this- you're really really really fat, and if you continue down this path you'll be bedridden and distraught with 5-7 years.
a

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »
Is she doing the splits in this pic? I'm a little confused.

The grass couldn't bare the strain any longer...

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »
Why does this make the news lol. Teenage girls are pretty fragile. She needs to get a handle on that weight though good Lord.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 04:00:34 PM »
Why does this make the news lol. Teenage girls are pretty fragile. She needs to get a handle on that weight though good Lord.

Exactly. Her sticking up for herself was posting that they should stop the comments and she's sorry she wasn't pleasing to their eye.

WTF, she needs some getbiggers to show her how to post a real comeback.