Author Topic: Mike Ohearn "in my first 3-4 years I made 1million,but I lost it due to a fraud"  (Read 9009 times)

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
he said that in the first 3-4 years of his carrer of covers working with Joe Weider,from 1990 to 1994 he made around 1 million,and some guy pretending to be his father figure conviced him to invest all that money in some investmnets (he was some banker working in bank investments) and Ohearn did it but the guy stole all of his money and never get back!

it seems that back in 90s it was the golden era not just in ifbb physiques but also in earnings

from 1:32 to 1:34

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Interesting.  I know for a fact that Muscle & fitness paid $250 maximum for covers in those days- plus you could keep the wardrobe. I suppose Mike could have shot 4,000 covers in four years- as long as he shot three covers every single day for four years.

My little cat "Biscuit" wants a treat. Pardon me...
a

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Interesting.  I know for a fact that Muscle & fitness paid $250 maximum for covers in those days- plus you could keep the wardrobe. I suppose Mike could have shot 4,000 covers in four years- as long as he shot three covers every single day for four years.

My little cat "Biscuit" wants a treat. Pardon me...

Maybe he sold the used thongs.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
interesting that he would use the world "FRAUD" when everything involved in bodybuilding it built on Fraud

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
he said that in the first 3-4 years of his carrer of covers working with Joe Weider,from 1990 to 1994 he made around 1 million,and some guy pretending to be his father figure conviced him to invest all that money in some investmnets (he was some banker working in bank investments) and Ohearn did it but the guy stole all of his money and never get back!

it seems that back in 90s it was the golden era not just in ifbb physiques but also in earnings

from 1:32 to 1:34

Go chew a ball of dogshit.
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Hey Neiman Marcus, stop posting shit threads.
a

Schnauzer

• Getbig V

O'Hearn clearly winning the fake-hair battle

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
I can honestly believe that he was pulling down some serious coin. Maybe not a million, but close. Back in the day, he had romance novel covers, I'm sure there were regular modeling gigs in there too. If he was personal training, and writing programs, I can see it. Not sure of his supplement contract work, but in the mid 90's he was the face of Sportspharma, and did stuff with EAS, etc....

Purge_WTF

Yeah, and remember, he's natural too.

V Man

• Getbig IV
IRS: "Mike, you say in this interview you earned 1 million dollars in 4 years, but on your return you only claimed $50,000 per year during that time."

Mike: "Well I...er um.....you see....there was a....um......ah........o h! look over there!"

hench

• Getbig V
 would he not get royalties from Copies sold not just flat payment for the shoot?

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
would he not get royalties from Copies sold not just flat payment for the shoot?

Not a chance.  Flat fee of not very much at all, even gig mags like Vogue pay f*ck all for covers and editorial work. 

Anything royalty related would always go to the snapper only as he usually owns the images and gives a license for specific use.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
O'Hearn's a "bodybuilder", ergo he is lying.  When called for jury duty he's immediately recused because he's a "bodybuilder".  Asked to bear witness in any trial, he is recused due to his being a "bodybuilder".  Cannot get married because his being a "bodybuilder" recuses him from ever taking a vow, any vow of merit.

It is kinda like "diplomatic immunity" but whereas that is based upon the premise that you are "important", his is based entirely upon being a worthless, lazy, bumfook that unlike a broken watch couldn't be called upon to be right twice in 24 hours.

Pathetic imitation of life.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV

This life time natural visits a hospital every three years so he can have his dog sit next to him in first class.  He probably parks in the handicapped spot too.

hench

• Getbig V
Wonder how he racked up 1 mil then.

Not a chance.  Flat fee of not very much at all, even gig mags like Vogue pay f*ck all for covers and editorial work. 

Anything royalty related would always go to the snapper only as he usually owns the images and gives a license for specific use.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Wonder how he racked up 1 mil then.

G4P.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Mike's now making that convention money, who knew? -

http://romancenovelconvention.com/mike-ohearn-2/ .

Dave D

• Getbig V
I think it's safe to assume if he was able to make enough that he could invest 1 million within four years then he should have been able to make close to that within the next four years. After all his star was only going to shine brighter,plus he did side projects like battle dome and Gladiators.

Mike should be above crying over spilt milk. He should name the unscrupulous  fiend who stole his money  so other up and coming confused young men aren't taken advantage  of by father figures.

*that said I am jealous of what he's accomplished. He's made a career in an industry where, or so it would seem, very little money leaves the hands of the Weiders and other magazine excutives.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
O'Hearn's a "bodybuilder", ergo he is lying.  When called for jury duty he's immediately recused because he's a "bodybuilder".  Asked to bear witness in any trial, he is recused due to his being a "bodybuilder".  Cannot get married because his being a "bodybuilder" recuses him from ever taking a vow, any vow of merit.

It is kinda like "diplomatic immunity" but whereas that is based upon the premise that you are "important", his is based entirely upon being a worthless, lazy, bumfook that unlike a broken watch couldn't be called upon to be right twice in 24 hours.

Pathetic imitation of life.

Why so much negativity?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
people are jealous.

they can be ok with someone being good looking.
or someone being strong.

but they cant accept someone that is both. thats just too much for them to handle.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
people are jealous.

or someone being strong.

but they cant accept someone that is both. thats just too much for them to handle.

As you said it now... That may really be a "why life is so unfair" moment when watching people like that.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
people are jealous.

or someone being strong.

I am a very strong and good looking man.

Simple Simon

was the fraud claiming natty?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
I am a very strong and good looking man.

yes and you are not envious of ohearn