Author Topic: Dan Solomon Discussion Thread  (Read 4242 times)

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
Dan Solomon Discussion Thread
« on: July 03, 2007, 12:26:35 AM »
Chic seems to have changed for the better in the last few months.  He no longer overtly gloats at others misfortunes.  However, this Solomon guy can be heard on air snickering and making innappropiate sounds all the time.  He always has whacko pauses which make for terrible listening.  For example, Peter Putnam asked the best guys in bodybuilding were doing and then there is this..............<pause><dead air>............finally Soloman speaks up and says "Let's get right down to it...".  Guy has issues and he needs some Getbig heat to set him straight. :)

Discuss.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
Re: Dan Soloman Hate Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:34:58 AM »
whose Dan Soloman?

I corrected the spelling. ...........<dead air><pause>.....thank you

packetman

• Getbig II
Re: Dan Solomon Hate Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 02:57:50 AM »
I can put up with the strange pauses better than constantly talking over each other.  Also, at least Dan sounds like he has a decent mic.  The other show sounds like a condenser mic inside of a coffee can.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 03:05:46 AM »
Solomon is the currently the best one on air, bringing the shit, and...

... keeping it real!

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 05:05:27 AM »
Solomon is the currently the best one on air, bringing the shit, and...

... keeping it real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8LxO4wnCQ

-Hedge
;D that was pretty funny  ;D

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 05:40:32 AM »
no need to hate. Dan does a good job.  He keeps the show movin along while Bob does his thing.  The show is pretty good when you think about the other crap thats out there.       

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 05:54:24 AM »
dan does a good job for the most part.....but i do hear him sighing every episode which tells me he is bored and seems disrespectful the the interviewee

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »
dan does a good job for the most part.....but i do hear him sighing every episode which tells me he is bored and seems disrespectful the the interviewee

When you hear the ocassional "sigh", it's typically because we are trying to solve some sort of technical issue in the studio. You can be sure, I have the highest level of respect for all of our guests. 

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 06:12:38 AM »
Dan is the " OG " of bodybuilding radio . . . he is a cool dude and the best at what he does.

THe Beef

soflagirl

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 06:20:46 AM »
Man, you guys are a tough crowd to please.......have any of you ever done a radio talk show?

Between Dan & Bob and their guest they are all talking on phones trying to conduct an interview and of course there is going to be some "dead air" or pauses between conversations, so if you consider these "Wacko" pauses think about it again.....they are doing their best to be professional and deal with any technical difficulties situations that may arise when they are live on air.

Dan is one of the nicest and well spoken guys in the industry and has utmost respect for all of the athletes and other people he interviews. Keep up the good work Dan, I really appreciate what you have brought to the BB community!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 06:33:51 AM »
I can't think of one man in the industry with more diplomacy, consistency, and better positioning in this new BBing media age.

When bodybuilding moves into the next generation of media (webcast, tv modules, and other multimedia), I'd put my money on Dan to be running it.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 06:57:09 AM »
At least Dan isn't filled with corny catch phrases ala Chickaroo. Either way I would rather listen to those two then anyone else on the radio at the moment.
I

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 07:03:52 AM »
Chic seems to have changed for the better in the last few months.  He no longer overtly gloats at others misfortunes.  However, this Solomon guy can be heard on air snickering and making innappropiate sounds all the time.  He always has whacko pauses which make for terrible listening.  For example, Peter Putnam asked the best guys in bodybuilding were doing and then there is this..............<pause><dead air>............finally Soloman speaks up and says "Let's get right down to it...".  Guy has issues and he needs some Getbig heat to set him straight. :)

Discuss.

You're all alone on this one dude.  :-\ Dan is an awesome host on PBW and well respected in this industry.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 07:15:50 AM »
I can't think of one person who doesn't like Dan Solomon. Even MD loves him. He's a great interviewer, he does his homework, and he's the most unbiased person in bodybuilding, covering all angles of everything.

The pauses probably come from technical things and the fact that he and Bob aren't sitting in the same room, even with that, they still do a hell of a job each week.

To be honest, PBW has had a few guests who I didn't initially find interesting, but Dan's interview with them is always interesting and entertaining.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 07:24:32 AM »
Most people are fine with Solomon...  he makes the guidos on All-Bull Radio look like amateurs (which they are).  I don't understand why anyone is giving him shit?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 07:27:28 AM »
The dead air has been a problem as long for as I can remember. It creates the impression that he is searching for some info in his notes, or fine-tuning his next question... this is bad, because he's supposed to be listening. In reality, this is probably just how it comes across, not what is actually happening.
Repent, or join me!

Scott Welch

• Getbig I
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 08:19:51 AM »
I listen to every episode and think Dan does an amazing job! I also think he respects the listeners and his guests on all occasions!   Love your show Dan. 
Scott Welch
Muscle News

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
Re: Dan Solomon
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »
Dan does a great job and is a good guy.

He's not afraid to ask the tough questions.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
Re: Dan Solomon
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 08:39:16 AM »
Was it me, or could you hear someone typing in the background during the show...?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Dan Solomon Discussion Thread
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 09:59:24 AM »
Bring on a guest and just going at it with no research just doesnt cut it, as we know.  Dan researches what questions he wants for the guests, at least the main questions and goes from there. Otherwise, it can go haywire and be boring, especially if you are limited by time constraints and more. As one who does interviews, it can be difficult just to think of the right questions without consulting your notes, and more.

Just try it with someone for about 20 minutes, it is much more dofficult than you think.

As for the typing you sometimes hear, it is probably because Dan and Bob IM each other, especially since they are in different cities, and that is the best way to get notes or comments or discussions on what will happen next, etc. Or else they are reading Getbig at the same time :)

Dead air happens, especially with technical problems, unexpected situations, etc. 

I had dinner with Dan at the Colorado Pro one evening, and Dan is one of the pioneers in the bodybuilding radio concept, having the courage to come out with a radio show and being one of the firsts that many people now listen too. And he is a cool person also - I got a hat and shirt from him :)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 10:33:03 AM »
Dan, you are the man! ;)

Thanks for your continued support of Bodybuilding & Fitness, without your innovative vision, we would not have Pro Bodybuilding Weekly!

Your financial contributions supporting the shows, athletes and the sport is beyond measure for a guy who is not a Bodybuilder.

We appreciate the time away from your family and business ventures to continually support us here at Get Big, Bodybuilding.com and the contests you MC at!

Keep up the great work and bringing in the Stars of yesteryear, today and the future for everyone to listen to and enjoy!

Peace,

S. Ray & Family

AVBG

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »
What's to discuss? Dan is #1 8)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 02:23:03 PM »
Hang on to that hat Ron, LT is known for swiping them. The new PBW shirts from Max Muscle are the most comfortable shirts you'll find.

Keep up the good work Dan and Bob.
Elevate Your Image.™

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 05:22:34 PM »
i adore him and he has great hair

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 05:41:55 PM »
I got owned.  :(

I thought you guys had my back...oh well!  I'll be listening next week Dan so no dead air ok? lol jk

/pat butt  Good job Dan  8)