Author Topic: What do you think causes happiness to plummet down from 16-54, then rise after?  (Read 4268 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Understand what you mean. If people are not willing to learn form past mistakes and repeat the same negative behavior, then it's their own fault and better to avoid them.

However, I do realize many people are in situations beyond their own control at no fault of their own, we've all been through rough patches or tough times, and so I do not abandon those people and will try and help them.

I have seen it myself, how when it seemed my fortunes were changing, some 'friends' abandoned me, but I recovered and came back stronger than before and in a good situation.

I guess I have been fortunate most of the time. When my wife and I were young, we were financially unstable. Sometimes we were doing fine and at other times we were flat out broke. Our friends stuck by us through thick and thin. Since my wife died, some friends and family have become less communicative. Perhaps they feel awkward and don't know what to say.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
^^^ This!  The best way to get out of your own head is to do something for others.

yep

if you are down on your luck (money, health, relationships and going through some tough times) become a consistent 1-2x per week Volunteer. you want do consistent for a long period of time too.

VA Hospital is always looking for Volunteers. 

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
dont worry be happy  ;D

sometimes the simple cultures seem to be happier then the busy middle class american

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Lower test levels and not thinking about banging all the time. That would free you up to pursue other interests which might turn out to be more fulfilling.

i thought lower test levels make you more depressed, being horny all the time can prevent you from thinking about the things that truly bother you

E
E

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
I also wonder how much of the lack of sex drive for the male is simply because his wife is not sexually attractive anymore.Replace her with her past 18yr old self and im sure the man would be back to 5x a week sex again.
This is true not to mention the fact that having sex with the same person for decades has to be boring.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
i thought lower test levels make you more depressed, being horny all the time can prevent you from thinking about the things that truly bother you

E

Good point, but lower test levels is not the same as low test levels. The right balance where you have some pep, but it doesn't control you.

Burying your head in the sand and not dealing with things that bother you is not a great way to raise happiness.