Author Topic: Who Here Pin Using Slin Pins???  (Read 4893 times)

millineum man

• Getbig II
Who Here Pin Using Slin Pins???
« on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:06 PM »
Do any of you guys pin using slin pins? If so, do you notice less scar tissue? How do you accurately measure and convert 1/4ml(62.5mgs) or 1/3ml(83.3mgs) of Test E at 250mgs/ml using the insulin pin? I've read guys where guys pinned small amounts of Test Prop everyday or Test E several times a week using slin pins for both HRT and normal cycles. Some used moderate doses(750mgs-1000mgs)of Test without having to use AI's like Arimidex or Letro to stay dry because their levels are more stable. At least, that's explanation they gave.   

beverast

• Getbig III
Re: Who Here Pin Using Slin Pins???
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 12:28:26 AM »
I use slin pins for the stuff I inject ED mostly. Couldn't say anything about scar tissue, daily pinning is just less of a pain in the ass with smaller needles.
You could do two things: Just order slin pins, only the pin, with a Luer lock (or whatever you use) and put them on your barrels as normal. Considering you want to know how to measure properly, I'd assume you want to use the one piece slin pins. First off, you'd have to backload them. It's not an issue. The measuring process is pretty simple. Most of them only hold 1cc anyway, that's 100iu of slin. So .25ml would be 25iu, .33ml 33iu etc.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
Just started using them again. I pin my delts and tris. I first draw up with an 18 gauge and then I backload the slin pins. Very quick painless.

dustin

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 05:43:15 PM »
I hate backloading pins. It's so tough to knock the bubble up without squirting oil.

I think the best thing would be to get normal barrels and buy luer lock slin pins like gal said. He mentioned that in a recent thread and I think the next time I order pins I'll do that. I hate pinning even after years of juicing. The novelty of injecting wears off really fast.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 05:46:34 PM »
I hate backloading pins. It's so tough to knock the bubble up without squirting oil.

I think the best thing would be to get normal barrels and buy luer lock slin pins like gal said. He mentioned that in a recent thread and I think the next time I order pins I'll do that. I hate pinning even after years of juicing. The novelty of injecting wears off really fast.

I just turn it upside down
What brand are you using?

millineum man

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 06:24:03 PM »
Where do you guys inject most of the time?

millineum man

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:38:03 PM »
I use slin pins for the stuff I inject ED mostly. Couldn't say anything about scar tissue, daily pinning is just less of a pain in the ass with smaller needles.
You could do two things: Just order slin pins, only the pin, with a Luer lock (or whatever you use) and put them on your barrels as normal. Considering you want to know how to measure properly, I'd assume you want to use the one piece slin pins. First off, you'd have to backload them. It's not an issue. The measuring process is pretty simple. Most of them only hold 1cc anyway, that's 100iu of slin. So .25ml would be 25iu, .33ml 33iu etc.
Just to be clear, I need to buy regular barrels with a regular to large size needle(20-25g) to draw the gear? Pull the plunger out of the slin pin and inject the gear in. Then, put the slin plunger back in, correct? Now I'm ready to inject? Sorry, if it seems like a bunch of dumb questions, but I'm really trying to learn how to do it correctly.

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 10:14:35 PM »
Just to be clear, I need to buy regular barrels with a regular to large size needle(20-25g) to draw the gear? Pull the plunger out of the slin pin and inject the gear in. Then, put the slin plunger back in, correct? Now I'm ready to inject? Sorry, if it seems like a bunch of dumb questions, but I'm really trying to learn how to do it correctly.

Yep, that's exactly how you would do it. The problem is that it is virtually impossible to put the slin pin plunger back in without squirting out a little bit of oil, as mentioned in this thread. It's usually only a tiny amount, so nothing to worry about really. Of course you could always just get a 29g-31g Luer lock pin and put that on your regular barrel after drawing as usual. However, I feel like oils tend to go through slin pins way easier. Been injecting stuff through a 29g one piece slin pin that barely went through a 27g Luer lock one. Couldn't explain it, probably something to do with more on point pressure (smaller plunger) and the fact that it's just one piece, but maybe somebody with a degree in structural engineering could chime in on this.

eldoradospandex

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 04:10:17 AM »
Where do you guys inject most of the time?

delts. chest and quads

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 08:09:27 AM »
Yep, that's exactly how you would do it. The problem is that it is virtually impossible to put the slin pin plunger back in without squirting out a little bit of oil, as mentioned in this thread. It's usually only a tiny amount, so nothing to worry about really. Of course you could always just get a 29g-31g Luer lock pin and put that on your regular barrel after drawing as usual. However, I feel like oils tend to go through slin pins way easier. Been injecting stuff through a 29g one piece slin pin that barely went through a 27g Luer lock one. Couldn't explain it, probably something to do with more on point pressure (smaller plunger) and the fact that it's just one piece, but maybe somebody with a degree in structural engineering could chime in on this.

Like you mentioned, the smaller area of the barrel/plunger amplifies the pressure you apply and makes the injection easier than through a normal syringe

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »
I just recently started using them. I use 29G 1/2" in my tris or bis so far only, I havent had much of a problem pulling my oils in with them, takes a couple minutes, but nothing that bad.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »
Got given slin pins by mistake at needle exchange so tried them out, how anyone manages to draw oil into them is beyond me i tried for half an hour and nver got a drop.

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »
Got given slin pins by mistake at needle exchange so tried them out, how anyone manages to draw oil into them is beyond me i tried for half an hour and nver got a drop.

Read the answers in this thread.  Backloading.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »
Obviously as I inject subq

Pain free shots ftw

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
Read the answers in this thread.  Backloading.

I know most said they backload but one said they have no probs withdrawing with a  slin pin.
Ive read this a few times on other forums.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 01:10:28 PM »
Depends on the oil used. EO is easy to pull, gso harder in my experience. I sometimes will pull and place something to stop pluger from moving (like clothing pin) and come back in 10min

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »
I know most said they backload but one said they have no probs withdrawing with a  slin pin.

Uh, to be honest I doubt anyone would draw through a 29-31g pin. I reckon most oils would simply refuse to go through at all in that direction.
Besides, considering you can't change the pin after drawing I don't know whether I'd want to do that, even if you could draw it effortlessly. I personally always use different pins for drawing and injecting, at least for IM.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 01:06:37 AM »
Uh, to be honest I doubt anyone would draw through a 29-31g pin. I reckon most oils would simply refuse to go through at all in that direction.
Besides, considering you can't change the pin after drawing I don't know whether I'd want to do that, even if you could draw it effortlessly. I personally always use different pins for drawing and injecting, at least for IM.

To me the extra hastle of usin a slin pin isnt worth the hastle. Maybe id feel different agter years of pinning but for now IM is fine.
I use a large long green pin for withdrawing then swap to 1" or1 1/4" 23g

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 06:42:44 AM »

With a thin oil it's certainly possible, but it'll take 1-2 minutes for a lousy mL. Not worth it

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »
Just started using them again. I pin my delts and tris. I first draw up with an 18 gauge and then I backload the slin pins. Very quick painless.

Same exact case here except I don't use 18G to draw anymore because they chew up the rubber stopper too much.

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »

Same exact case here except I don't use 18G to draw anymore because they chew up the rubber stopper too much.

I've never had a problem with this. I always draw with an 18g, the vial doesn't last long enough to get chewed up most of the time.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 02:10:50 PM »

Good point, a 30 ml vial is usually filled with rubber floaters by the time I'm down to the last few ccs

Will use a smaller pin to draw next time