Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40634 times)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2006, 04:21:19 AM »
It's up to the promoters discression as to what they offer...he doesn't HAVE to pick up expenses.

This is bullshit statement from the althetes rep who doesn't even know his own federations rules!

3.2 Olympia:
In Olympia competitions, all competitors, since they must qualify, will be
provided with a round-trip economy-class airline ticket, accommodations at the
Official Hotel for a minimum of three nights, US $50.00 per day for food and
miscellaneous expenses, and one guest ticket for the Prejudging and Finals.

Note will be.  That doesn't mean "It's up to the promoters discression as to what they offer...he doesn't HAVE to pick up expenses."

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2006, 04:25:36 AM »
I think Adam Empire was right here.   Those are two different contracts.  Chang has every right to take action for last year's contract issues.  But this is a different contract.  Chang should not have offered it to Lee if Chang was unhappy about last year.  I don't see where Chang has any legal basis to break the contract here.

Hey, just offering my theory on a gossip & opinions board. 

I tend to consider the longterm ramifications of giving ammunition to the rebellious figurehead of a generation of young BBing fans (who will be buying creatine and magazines for the next few years), on the eve of his defection to a new and exciting rival organization, to be something important.

Respectfully.

ROFL . . . 240 when did you earn a legal degree? Do you read the self indulgent bull shit you post here?

The Beef

Stavios

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2006, 04:45:21 AM »
Vince G, how do you really feel about that whole situation ?
Tell us your scoop man, we know you are highly connected with the IFBB

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2006, 04:49:45 AM »
Why the need for a discussion of last years contracts and this years contracts?
It's simple.

The issue:
Lee was issued 2 airline tickets for the show last year.
He chose not to compete but used the tickets instead for a personal trip.

The remedy:
This year he buys his own.

No need for armchair lawyers.

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2006, 05:00:26 AM »
Why the need for a discussion of last years contracts and this years contracts?
It's simple.

The issue:
Lee was issued 2 airline tickets for the show last year.
He chose not to compete but used the tickets instead for a personal trip.

The remedy:
This year he buys his own.

No need for armchair lawyers.

Exactly!
Its very simple....I wish people would quit defending Priest just because they like him and look at the facts.  If this sh*t was turned around and Chic was in Lee's place...you had better believe Chic would be raked through the coals

french mistake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2006, 05:08:31 AM »
Chick is right. It does not get simpler than that.

If Lee had a contract that was signed buy him and Chang for the last event, and in it it included air fare and Lee did not go, but used the airline tickets for personal use, then he OWES Chang the difference....on that contract and whatever else was not completed per the contract.

Assuming there is another new contract, and ASSUMING that Chang and Lee both agreed and signed it, and it included airfare, then Lee is bound to use the airfare to get there for this event and do whatever the contract stipulates.

What is not known is if there IS a contract with that provision for this event, and if it was agreed to and signed by both. If not, Chang can not pay whatever he wants since Lee broke the first contract first by not going and then, cheesy as it is, used the tickets for his own personal use.

Since it seems many pros seem to have a mind block to even the slighest concept of a legal document, it's my take that Lee probably told Chang that he used the tickets, and Chang now is just getting back what is owed him, no contract involved. What is wrong with that? He used the tickets to fly somewhere else, and WTF Lee can't swing a trip to the Olympia on his own dime? That's fucking sketchy.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2006, 05:24:17 AM »
So much bullshit. IF Lee used the plane/hotel tickets from last year and DIDN'T compete in a show he had signed to do then guess what? HE OWES 2 tickets, end of fucking story!
geez ::)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2006, 05:26:17 AM »
I'd like to wrap this thread up by saying who gives a fuck. Lee's a big boy and can handle his own troubles.
X

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2006, 05:55:03 AM »
I'm not quite sure what the problem is, exactly...  Lee signed the contract to participate in the Olympia last year. Lee was compensated by the promoter, airfare and accomodations as per the contract. Lee opted to not compete in the show for personal reasons. Some time later, Lee used the tickets for his own personal use... As per the contract, Lee did not fullfill his part of the deal and should never have used the tickets, thus he technically owes the promoter for the cost of said tickets. The promoter has already paid airfare ONCE for Lee, why would he pay again? Am I missing something here?

Good to see you called to find out.Bob That was the answer i got. After last year i asked about paying back the airfare and the hotel i had them cancel a month before when i told them i was not competing. I was never asked to do so - just write a letter which i did and now they say hey you owe us. Now Bob since you are so strict on contracts this years has nothing to do with last years. In this years it sates and is SIGNED (we know how you like that) stating my sirfare would be paid which it was.

https://eitin.travelinc.com/ViewItin.cfm?i=44J66UI

Now yesterday it was cancelled. Have i done the PDI show? NO. Robin knew about last year and all that so why put in my contract this year about flight then go book it weeks ago no cancell it? This years contract was signed - we both have a copy saying what i will recieve. So now Bob does that mean the contract does mean nothing i can just pick and choose what i will do for them at the Olympia, like no dvd or no press conference. Shit i guess no one needs to stick to the contract it is just as good as the rules.

Lee

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2006, 05:55:57 AM »
Marc,

Did Lee go to Bob with this BEFORE you decided to post it here?

Why i am only one person and Bob says he can do nothing for me.?

Isaac can't wait to meet you in person :)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2006, 05:59:03 AM »
They were non refundable tickets made in Lee's name, for (2) people I believe...

The promoter should not be responsible for treating lee to fly around the country for his own personal pleasure...the contract was for airfare to VEGAS to COMPETE in the Olympia. Fair is fair...Technically, Lee owes Robin Chang (promoter) for 2 tickets. Instead of these guys trading $20 bills...Lee can purchase his own tickets, and they're even.

I would have liked it like I have done before. But I was never asked to - they just asked for a letter. Bob it was for ONE ticket not two. Bob - what about the contract and why put it in and Robin did sign it? Come on Bob - we know how you are about contracts and breaking them

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2006, 06:01:48 AM »
With all due fairness...I'm not sure Lee has a problem with it.

No i have no problem with it. I just know where i stand when i get to the Olympia.Thats all. Mark is a good friend and he posted it. Its a free world and he is just keeping people in the know. Freedom of speech - do i care he posted it NO.

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2006, 06:02:19 AM »
the right thing to do was to just return the tickets....why do you need someone to tell you to do the right thing.
Besides, if you used them for something else then you contradicted yourself in an earlier thread where Chic said you had two free tickets waiting for you to attend the Europa show....you said, "No. thanks..I pay my own way"

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2006, 06:11:03 AM »
I'm sure this has nothing to do with Robin's decision but Lee has been very vocal and personal about how he feels about Robin, I remember reading in Musclemag last year right around the time Lee pulled out of the show.  They have a guy (Robin) running the Olympia who could not even run a Max Muscle store in Venice. I thought at the time that this was uncalled for as Robin is a good guy and somebody who's been great at show promoting for a long time.  Running a retail store was never Robin's specialty and luckily for my, I bought said store from Robin and Flex Wheeler.  Robin did a great job taking over the O and everybody at AMI/Weider agreed last year, this year will be even better and I really felt bad for Robin that Lee said that about him and I did not understand why he would go there.
I even asked Robin myself what he thought about Lee's statements and he just shrugged and never even commented on it.  Robin is too much of a gentleman to retorque or attack Lee.

Max.  

To much of a gentleman that why he told Twinlab last year "LEE PRIEST IS NOT GOING ON STAGE TO HAND OUT AN AWARD".  Twinlab said we gave you over 70,000 in sponosrship for the 0. And Lee is our top athlete to hand out the award. He replied "i don't care next year keep your money"

I met a few people this week who are not going to the O. They have been 10 years in a row but after last years mess they are not going again.Yeah great job last year that is why i said that comment. Now you know :)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2006, 06:22:43 AM »
the right thing to do was to just return the tickets....why do you need someone to tell you to do the right thing.
Besides, if you used them for something else then you contradicted yourself in an earlier thread where Chic said you had two free tickets waiting for you to attend the Europa show....you said, "No. thanks..I pay my own way"

Cause i don't need free tickets - i get a pass working for Twinlab - i don't even have to buy them - Chic knows that. And last year Robin didnt sign the contract. This year both of us signed it. ARE WE CLEAR ON THAT NOW PEOPLE.

https://eitin.travelinc.com/ViewItin.cfm?i=44J66UI

SEE NOW ITS CANCELLED!!!

Like i said - i offered to pay back the airfare, told Jim that at the Twinlab booth when Jim and Steve and i sat and talked. It was agreed and i sent a letter. OH I HAD ONE TICKET - NOT TWO.

Like we have said why sign this years contract and even put in there about my flight. My ticket was purchased July 27th.

BLAH BLAH BLAH :)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2006, 06:32:58 AM »
And last year Robin didnt sign contract.This year both of us signed it.CLEAR ON THAT NOW PEOPLE.

Are you certain that Robin didn't sign the contract after you returned it to him? A contract is binding after all parties have signed and there is no order that those signatures have to be signed. I sign contracts all the time with only my signature on it, then after it's returned to the client, they sign and return my copy. Standard business procedure. I'm sure you've signed model releases in the past that require someone else to sign at a later date?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2006, 06:33:38 AM »
Good luck in the PDI show in September Lee  :-*

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2006, 06:35:47 AM »
Lee's Cult following will pay for his tickects for years to come....He transcends the sport as a national icon in Austrailia....Thus Lee Owns BB....
L

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2006, 06:38:18 AM »
Are you certain that Robin didn't sign the contract after you returned it to him?
A contract is binding after all parties have signed and there is no order that those signatures have to be signed.
I sign contracts all the time with only my signature on it, then after it's returned to the client, they sign and return my copy. Standard business procedure.
I'm sure you've signed model releases in the past that require someone else to sign at a later date?

Yes cause i sent it to them after i signed it and they sent it back both copies my fax and original unsigned.That is why i also decided to pull out last year as i have said before it was usigned.But this years copy is signed by both.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2006, 06:39:13 AM »
Good luck in the PDI show in September Lee  :-*

Shawn just shows how little you know  :-*  ;)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2006, 06:39:53 AM »
Let me be the 1st to Contribute to the Lee Priest Foundation for Lee.

Where do I send my "GET LEE TO LAS VEGAS" Plane Ticket contribution to? :o

Free Lee Priest

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2006, 06:41:25 AM »
Shawn just shows how little you know  :-*  ;)

The plot thickens ;D

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2006, 06:43:11 AM »
Shawn...you know Lee pays his own way

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2006, 06:47:17 AM »

To your mother :)

free Shawn's mom. :)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2006, 06:50:20 AM »
So Bob you said they had a ticket i my name and couldn't use it. They were going to use it this year (THE CREDIT). Now they have another ticket in my name to do what with? For next year :)