Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40637 times)

geeves20022000

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2006, 10:53:49 PM »
I am curious to hear what lee says.  And bob - if lee broke the contract last year, then he was wrong and that is for him and Robin to deal with.  But if the contract was signed this year with no mention of last in it, then I think you should fight for him.  Hell if does the PDI or gets suspended or jsut doesnt compete then let the IFBB and AMI take it up with him.  Youll be doing your job as a rep and make them do the "dirty work."

Just my opinion.  is anyone else emceeing olympia with you and are you going oversees for the foreign shows?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2006, 10:54:16 PM »
Ok, here are the answers to the questions.

First, AMI pays the flights and the hotel rooms, and unless the competitors requests that he/she wants to get their own flight and get reimbursed, AMI takes care of it. Last year, AMI took care of the flight, and bought a ticket for Lee. Lee cancelled after he signed the contract, and pulled out of the Olympia. AMI still had a ticket for Lee, and once you issue a nonrefundable ticket with someones name on it, you cant get back the money. You can however, extend the ticket for a year or so.

Second, the hotel room for Lee is not cancelled at all. It is there.

Third, when the travel agent went to book the flight for this year, all of a sudden the credit from the ticket wasn’t there? What, what you do mean it wasn’t there? AMI doesn’t buy a ticket for someone until they have a contract with them.

Well, it turned out that Lee had used the credit from the ticket for his and a friend’s personal travel sometimes during the year, without reimbursing back AMI, and did not mention a word to AMI when they contacted what flights he wanted for this year. Only when they tried to use the credit did they find out there wasn’t any. What the hell?

So the question is now – did Lee use the ticket for personal use without telling AMI about it, thus when they tried use the credit for Lee’s Olympia flight this year, the credit was gone.

So Lee should reimburse AMI for his personal use, so then they can get another ticket for this year’s Olympia. The ticket from Texas to Vegas was over $400.

Just my opinion.  is anyone else emceeing olympia with Bob?

There are emcees for Friday and Saturday night. This should come out very soon, right Bob...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »
Ok,
dont post much, been a fan of bodybuilding for a while. Want to see what is good for the sport.  1) lets wait to hear lee's side of this
2)bob think you have done some good things as an athlete rep

but from an outsider, it seems like you are not defending lee in this situation.  I know you two have had your little pdi spat, whatever.  In this case though it is an IFBB pro who is now not compensated for the olympia (and I dont want to hear about last years contract, we dont know all the details and this is this year).  It seems as if it was someone other than Lee than you would be arguing for the AMI to upheld their end of the contract.  And AMI was not going to pay for lee this year, then they should have never sent him the contract in the 1st place.  A business is never going to send someone a signed contract where both parties.  It is assumed that AMI sends lee the contract that they have already agreed to the terms.  Lee sends it back and it is official.  If lee did sign this years contract and it did stipulate that flight and hotel will be paid for then you should argue for him to get those things.  If he does not competer or IFBB bans him then let the IFBB or AMI deal with him at that point.  At that point it would be an organization against an athlete. 
Again I do think you have done a lot so far this year, but arguments like these make it look like you work for the IFBB instead of an athletes rep. Again this is a just a fans view.  Keep on the good work.

G

1.) Lee hasen't mentioned it to me, nor has he posted on this matter...for all we know, he could care less.

2.) It's not my job to blindly defend every athlete, just because theey are a IFBB pro.

3.) So I'm supposed to convince the promoter to pick up Lee's expenses for this year, forget about the expenses he picked up last year and take the loss, and got rewarded with Lee pulling out of the Olympia...and HOPE he shows up THIS year?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2006, 11:01:11 PM »
I am curious to hear what lee says.  And bob - if lee broke the contract last year, then he was wrong and that is for him and Robin to deal with.  But if the contract was signed this year with no mention of last in it, then I think you should fight for him.  Hell if does the PDI or gets suspended or jsut doesnt compete then let the IFBB and AMI take it up with him.  Youll be doing your job as a rep and make them do the "dirty work."

Just my opinion.  is anyone else emceeing olympia with you and are you going oversees for the foreign shows?

I'm hosting the Press conference and the Friday night finals with Dan Solomon, and saturday night with Shawn Ray...

No plans to go overseas...

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2006, 11:07:55 PM »
I think 240 is right (I feel dirty after saying that  :-[)

This is going to be a PR nightmare for the IFBB.  Even though AMI is the promoting the Olympia the IFBB is going to take the black eye. 

Bob, you sound like you already have made up your mind and are going to leave Lee out in the cold.
I think this is exactly where you should be exercising your position.  Have you actually talked to either party about this?

BTW When you host the Saturday night show with Shawn Ray, take a cattle prod.  When he starts rambling on and taking over the broadcast like he does with the radio show, ZAP him.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

abz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2006, 11:08:26 PM »
I'm hosting the Press conference and the Friday night finals with Dan Solomon, and saturday night with Shawn Ray...

Really - with Dan Solomon on Friday night and at the Press Conference? No Lonnie Teper? Wow.  Pro Bodybuilding Radio is in the house on Friday night! Dan and Bob will rock the stage. And Bob and Shawn Ray on Saturday night. Excellent team.

Just make sure you practice the names of the competitors on Friday night so you say them correctly - and learn something about each one of the besides where they came from. Do some homework boys!

And Lee - if that is true and you used those tickets, shame on you. Those were for the Olympia!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2006, 11:11:38 PM »
Bob, you sound like you already have made up your mind and are going to leave Lee out in the cold.

Original Sin, did you read what I wrote on what is going on, and why. Read my previous post.

BTW When you host the Saturday night show with Shawn Ray, take a cattle prod.  When he starts rambling on and taking over the broadcast like he does with the radio show, ZAP him.

Now that is funny - Bob - do you think it will work?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2006, 11:13:55 PM »
This is an interesting topic.  I'm sure it happens now and then, with the loose contract language and lack of accountability we're seeing.

more amusing for us, the fans, is that this is another arrow being slung from camp IFBB to camp PDI.

I know, anyone affiliated with either side will have to deny it, but step back.  Remember that black eye that the IFBB gave the NOC when Vince Taylor flipflopped for the 3rd time, this time choosing a guest pose on an empty IFBB weekend in Sept (when everyone and their mother is in shape and free for the weekend0 in lieu of the NOC.  I remember several IFBB supporters, all on the boards dancing and proclaiming the end of the PDi.

Now, we see what is arguably an 11th hour financial "punk" move, and it's making the IFBB look bad.  Lee looks like a hero being persecuted for his belief in the importance of fair market competition.  Fans see this.  Camp PDI fires its own arrows.

Lee Priest has a lot of capital with the fans. And it seems that when he is wronged (and making him buy a late ticket after doing the contract) is kinda cold. So, he has employed this capital to return the favor.  IFBB looks bad, Chang looks bad, Chick looks less than neutral, and Lee looks good.  just my viewpoint, though.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:06 PM »
This is an interesting topic.  I'm sure it happens now and then, with the loose contract language and lack of accountability we're seeing.

more amusing for us, the fans, is that this is another arrow being slung from camp IFBB to camp PDI.

I know, anyone affiliated with either side will have to deny it, but step back.  Remember that black eye that the IFBB gave the NOC when Vince Taylor flipflopped for the 3rd time, this time choosing a guest pose on an empty IFBB weekend in Sept (when everyone and their mother is in shape and free for the weekend0 in lieu of the NOC.  I remember several IFBB supporters, all on the boards dancing and proclaiming the end of the PDi.

Now, we see what is arguably an 11th hour financial "punk" move, and it's making the IFBB look bad.  Lee looks like a hero being persecuted for his belief in the importance of fair market competition.  Fans see this.  Camp PDI fires its own arrows.

Lee Priest has a lot of capital with the fans. And it seems that when he is wronged (and making him buy a late ticket after doing the contract) is kinda cold. So, he has employed this capital to return the favor.  IFBB looks bad, Chang looks bad, Chick looks less than neutral, and Lee looks good.  just my viewpoint, though.

What on God's green earth are you talking about???  "arrows", PDI, persecution, hero's....?

This is about the easiest open and closed matter I've ever heard...

Lee signed a contract, he was given certain considerations for fullfilling it...he broke the contract and used those considerations for his OWN use...HE OWES THE PROMOTER.

Save your conspiracy theories for the WTC banter...

This has NOTHING to do with the IFBB, the PDI, Me, or anything more than what it is...trivial bullshit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2006, 11:32:38 PM »
What on God's green earth are you talking about???  "arrows", PDI, persecution, hero's....?
This is about the easiest open and closed matter I've ever heard...
Lee signed a contract, he was given certain considerations for fullfilling it...he broke the contract and used those considerations for his OWN use...HE OWES THE PROMOTER.
Save your conspiracy theories for the WTC banter...
This has NOTHING to do with the IFBB, the PDI, Me, or anything more than what it is...trivial bullshit.

Hey, just offering my theory on a gossip & opinions board. 

I tend to consider the longterm ramifications of giving ammunition to the rebellious figurehead of a generation of young BBing fans (who will be buying creatine and magazines for the next few years), on the eve of his defection to a new and exciting rival organization, to be something important.

Respectfully.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2006, 11:34:36 PM »
Hey, just offering my theory on a gossip & opinions board. 

I tend to consider the longterm ramifications of giving ammunition to the rebellious figurehead of a generation of young BBing fans (who will be buying creatine and magazines for the next few years), on the eve of his defection to a new and exciting rival organization, to be something important.

Respectfully.

translation: YOU'RE A DRAMA QUEEN

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2006, 11:38:14 PM »
a new and exciting rival organization, to be something important.
No offense but what does this have anything to do with this topic? You lob as many "arrows" at the "IFBB Camp" as anyone.

This is pretty clear cut - and the pdites are trying to make something out of nothing, much like their new organization.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2006, 11:44:51 PM »
No offense but what does this have anything to do with this topic? You lob as many "arrows" at the "IFBB Camp" as anyone.

This is pretty clear cut - and the pdites are trying to make something out of nothing, much like their new organization.

Ahh but in recent weeks I've worked really hard to stop being such a pidiot :)

I have expressed my belief that free market is the answer, sure.  But I have really backed off of taking shots, instead focusing on issues of improvement.  I sometimes do chime in when I can't help myself (the false Rhino NABBA 96 accusations), but I have seriously backed off the negativity.

And I said earlier in this thread that it'll get ugly, needlessly.  I said Chang should call Priest in the AM and not hang up the phone until both parties are happy and the issue is resolved.  I even said that if the contract said what Bob said it said... then the IFBB was right here.  However I also pointed out that a rebel like Lee has nothing to lose in the battle of public opinion, and the big corp does.  That's all.  It's just a few plane tickets, but it's already coming up on 400 views and it'll be a lot more than that, tomorrow.  Needlessly.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2006, 11:52:12 PM »
I know what this is really about.  This isn't about the PDI, IFBB, AMI, HIV or any other form of deadly STD, this is about who is the better web designer between lift studios and 240.  I say they have a face off, where they both take a random person/product/event and make a website for it in just 24 hours and whoever makes the best one gets to be advertised as the best wed designer on GETBIG and whoever loses has to leave getbig forever or until they come up with another gimmick account.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2006, 11:55:50 PM »
Ahh but in recent weeks I've worked really hard to stop being such a pidiot :)
Agreed but no need to make it always a PDI vs IFBB issue.

Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2006, 11:57:18 PM »
I know what this is really about.  This isn't about the PDI, IFBB, AMI, HIV or any other form of deadly STD, this is about who is the better web designer between lift studios and 240.  I say they have a face off, where they both take a random person/product/event and make a website for it in just 24 hours and whoever makes the best one gets to be advertised as the best wed designer on GETBIG and whoever loses has to leave getbig forever or until they come up with another gimmick account.

LIFT does great work and I have nothing but respect for him.

And 1MoreRep, when are you going to get a website to market your, eh, special interests?  You know I emphasize discretion above all.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2006, 12:01:01 AM »
LIFT does great work and I have nothing but respect for him.

And 1MoreRep, when are you going to get a website to market your, eh, special interests?  You know I emphasize discretion above all.

Actually Robert, I plan on going world wide pretty soon.  Are you good with the flash animations? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2006, 12:01:40 AM »
Actually Robert, I plan on going world wide pretty soon.  Are you good with the flash animations? 

yes, i can do a lot with flash now.  Drop me a line :)

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2006, 12:07:58 AM »
No probs mate,

she's the younger sister of former Tennis Pro Michael Chang.

Also did a couple of movies under her alias "Annabell Cheong".

You know that Michael Chang won the French Open at the age of 16, don't you?

YIP
Zack

HOLY SMOKES!!!! You get funnier and funnier as the days go on...i nearly spit my beer protein shake out of my mouth right now. Your info is so valueable. :-*

Lisa

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2006, 03:16:36 AM »
this isnt going to come over too well but im going to tell it like it is anyway

bob will never fight against the ifbb,ami,robin chang while hes getting so many gigs off them if he did they would just find someone else.notice how the 2 people who used to be the most vocal with issues are now the most vocal in there support for them and they just happen to be emceeing,promoting shows etc etc..this is why people are pissed.its so obvious to everyone(apart from yourselves apparently)that your only doing this for yourselves.

8) B.B.C. 8)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2006, 03:28:26 AM »
This should be good tommorrow when Lee gets up and reads this,

Chic didn't you read my initial Post , I spoke with Lee over this as he was REAL PISSED,that is how I know about this unfolding, what you think I made this shit up ?? LEE was questioning wether it be worth it at all to even turn up to the Olympia, I asked him if I could post before I did and he was cool with it , and I posted to show just what Lee was about to come up against , just like he had last year !!

Lee had  similar dramas last year prior to the Olympia and some will say he deserves it , and in some cases it might be so , but more people than not really understand where lee is coming from, last years Olympia was a PR nightmare and how quick we forget , when will change come for the better everybody wants to know , Lee on the other hand voices these sediments and because of this is chastised !!

Oh and chic it was asked why Lee didnt come to you about this , well I think you answered that question with your stance on the matter with out you even knowing you answered it !!

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2006, 03:43:12 AM »
Oh and chic it was asked why Lee didnt come to you about this , well I think you answered that question with your stance on the matter with out you even knowing you answered it !!

people wont go to bob because its like going straight to jim manion and saying it...bob used to say he was the solution but now hes part of the problem.please dont take offence to my post,remember where you came from and dont sellout the guys who trusted you

just the oppinion of a nobody from the peanut gallery  :-\
8) B.B.C. 8)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2006, 03:46:34 AM »
Well it was bound to happen - just been talking to Lee and Robin Chang has cancelled Lee's plane ticket and hotel accommodation and told Jim Manion that if Lee wanted to do the Olympia - he would have to pay his own way !!!!!

Interesting considering Lee has already signed the Olympia contract and in it, it stipulates that AMI will pay for the above cancelled items -  Robin Chang claims Lee never reimbursed  them for  flights and hotel accommodation from last year, but the funny thing is they have never asked for reimbursement (until today) all they wanted was a letter of apology which was adhered to by his sponsors!! And get this, Lee paid for his own flights last year and never stayed at the hotel at AMIs expense, he stayed at the Hilton apartments organized and paid by Twinlab!!

Chic as athletes rep - do you think you should wade in here and sort this out for lee - I mean lee is a IFBB Pro right !!

Some folks thought I was kidding about "the message" but its no joke.  The IFBB does not want Lee Priest at the Olympia and if he shows up, he will be escorted out of the building.  It will all occur once he actually does the PDI NOC.

A

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2006, 03:50:35 AM »

Some folks thought I was kidding about "the message" but its no joke.  The IFBB does not want Lee Priest at the Olympia and if he shows up, he will be escorted out of the building.  It will all occur once he actually does the PDI NOC.

why would they ask you to give him that message? ???
8) B.B.C. 8)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2006, 03:56:48 AM »
why would they ask you to give him that message? ???

Because Vince is the most important man in bodybuilding.  He is... the word.