Author Topic: Redsox to aquire Adrian Gonzalez  (Read 2943 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Redsox to aquire Adrian Gonzalez
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
The guy will hit .320+and have 50 HRs playing with the sox. Now if they go and grab Werth, their lineup will be devastating.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »
No brainer to make. They gave up a lot less that I thought they would have to. A healthy Scutaro gives them a really nice infield.

body88

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
Tremendous deal.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 06:52:32 PM »
Sox got a great deal for giving up next to nothing.  Jed Hoyer is getting destroyed by the stuff I've read, and probably rightly so.

Contingent on getting a new contract done by 2 tomorrow.  Gonzalez has said he wanted Teixeira money, so it will be interesting to see if the sox go that heavy.
Y

body88

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
Sox got a great deal for giving up next to nothing.  Jed Hoyer is getting destroyed by the stuff I've read, and probably rightly so.

Contingent on getting a new contract done by 2 tomorrow.  Gonzalez has said he wanted Teixeira money, so it will be interesting to see if the sox go that heavy.

Buchholz and Bard developed into blue chippers, as well as Youk and Pedrioa. The sox could afford to let prospects go. I'm sure they will all turn out to be good players. I've never thought of Jed as an idiot.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »
The yanks and sox are both "fighting" for crawford.

body88

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
The yanks and sox are both "fighting" for crawford.

The Sox spend big money, but you know its a futile exercise since the Yankees will just wait until the sox max out their offer and then just bid 10 million more. See Tex for proof.

I argued extensively for both the Red Sox and the Yankees in regards to their spending, but as you see with the parity in the NFL this year, I was wrong.

There are now several teams who spend big money, though.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »
i was a little thrown off at the yankees pursuing crawford.

body88

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »

Not me. The Yankees have every right to operate within the rules and persue everyone that can help their team. That being said, the buying championships insult is 100% true. Yes, the Redsox spend a ton of cash, but their spending is certainly based on a budget that they will not deviate from. They could have had Tex if they bent their rules, but they didn't because the Yankees would have outbid them anyway.

I believe the whole system is flawed, and it's not the Yankees fault.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »
Its not the spending that got me.

its the fact that crawford being in tampa for a long time, developing a rivalry against us, it just seems awkward you know.

body88

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 08:40:47 PM »
Its not the spending that got me.

its the fact that crawford being in tampa for a long time, developing a rivalry against us, it just seems awkward you know.

Defiantly, but I think us fans get to caught up in that shit. It's a business, and all that shit goes out the window when someone puts 50-100 million bucks on the table.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 08:48:05 PM »

I doubt that they are.  I think they're just doing their due dilligence.

The upgrade from Gardner to Crawford  is not worth the incremental dollars (17M).

If they do pursue, it will only be because they failed on Lee.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »

?  They signed Damon.

But, as stated, I think there's little chance they're seriously considering Crawford.  It could only be if they fail to get Lee.
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 01:31:31 AM »
sox won't touch Crawford now that they have an 8 year man in AGON(he by the way deserves all the money he will get). However Crawford is a glorified Jacoby Els. and isn't worth season tickets 5 years from now. He is all legs and when his legs go, why bother. Crawford will probably get 8 to 10 years from some desperate team out there. And 4 years from now, that team will be crying to get rid of him. Crawford is good but not Agon great.

+10 Red sox

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 07:05:50 AM »
Crawford doesn't seem to have too many landing points.  It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.  I wouldn't count Boston out - they still have $$ to spend.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 07:11:41 AM »
?  They signed Damon.

But, as stated, I think there's little chance they're seriously considering Crawford.  It could only be if they fail to get Lee.

Lol, and that was awkward as fuck also.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »
Lol, and that was awkward as fuck also.

I didn't think so.  Yankee fans welcomed him pretty quickly, and there were never any reports of anything between the players.  Most of this rivalry is with the fans rather than the players.  Except maybe Posada.
Y