Author Topic: HammerStrength V-Squat!  (Read 4542 times)

az

• Getbig III
Re: HammerStrength V-Squat!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »
V Squat is not like Hack Squat at all, totally different angle and targeting a different part of the quad. V Squat is targeting the sweep mainly and the Hack squat gets the tear drop (depending on foot positioning). I rarely use the V Squat but it is nice to throw in something different.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 07:50:22 AM »
I didn't read the rest of the thread but I've used the v-squat, the kind you load with plates not the kind with the weight stack.  The main advantage for me is I have horrible lower back problems and the v-squat lets me or helps me keep my back straight, it's kinda like doing a really strict squat on the smith machine, legs out in front back held straight.  This past friday I got 13 reps with 455lbs, I go as deep as the machine will allow which is about parrellel, maybe a little above, my back hurt a little when I was done but if I tried to do that with free weights I wouldn't be able to drive home cause my back would be hurting so bad.  I try to keep my legs pretty close to focus on the sweep of the quad, it's kinda like doing a straight up and down hack squat.
nasser=piece of shit

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 12:06:43 PM »
Want to build monstah quads, hams and glutes?  Boooyaaaaaa, bitches !

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
Didn't people call that yellow thing the "Lifeguard Post" or something?
Motherboy (the band).

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 02:28:08 PM »
Want to build monstah quads, hams and glutes?  Boooyaaaaaa, bitches !

IT'S TECHNIQUE!!! TECHNIQUE!!!
Z

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 02:38:42 PM »
we used to have a pansy ass machine like that in my old gym, it wasn't a Hammer model but it looked exactly the same, you climbed up into it and the platform moved, you knew it was an easy machine when you'd see skinny geeks using 6 plates on each side on it.
so you liked it then
p

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 02:53:38 PM »
Equipment companies have been trying to build a decent squat machine for decades. Arthur Jones came up with the duo squat machine but you have to train one leg at a time. If you get to use heavy weights on it you can't transfer that strength to squatting because it is a slightly different movement. Nautilus would have had to make that machine a lot higher if they wanted to allow users to do both legs together.

I smile at the way some machines and brands get to be popular. Hammer have come up with a few good designs re chest training and then some gyms buy the whole line. Some of those silly machines don't feel good at all. I cite the seated calf machine. Most manufacturers have no idea how to build one of those. They usually have you sit on the lever which is never going to feel right.

I doubt that those vertical squat machines feel right. I did see a design that looked okay to me. I will see if I can find it and then maybe someone can tell me what they think of it.

I modified two duo squat machines so that the back doesn't get hurt while using it. I had to make the angle higher on both my duo squat machines.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »
Equipment companies have been trying to build a decent squat machine for decades. Arthur Jones came up with the duo squat machine but you have to train one leg at a time. If you get to use heavy weights on it you can't transfer that strength to squatting because it is a slightly different movement. Nautilus would have had to make that machine a lot higher if they wanted to allow users to do both legs together.

I smile at the way some machines and brands get to be popular. Hammer have come up with a few good designs re chest training and then some gyms buy the whole line. Some of those silly machines don't feel good at all. I cite the seated calf machine. Most manufacturers have no idea how to build one of those. They usually have you sit on the lever which is never going to feel right.

I doubt that those vertical squat machines feel right. I did see a design that looked okay to me. I will see if I can find it and then maybe someone can tell me what they think of it.

I modified two duo squat machines so that the back doesn't get hurt while using it. I had to make the angle higher on both my duo squat machines.

thanks for your input, what do you think about this one?

Z

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »
we have this one in the university gym

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 04:08:24 PM »
so you liked it then

hahahaha, here is your love child.....

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 04:43:49 PM »
here is that 15 ft. tall hammer squat rack. the pic doesnt do it justice its fricken huge

Were not worthy ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 04:46:55 PM »
I cite the seated calf machine. Most manufacturers have no idea how to build one of those. They usually have you sit on the lever which is never going to feel right.

Try this bad boy; burn, pump and results like you wouldn't believe! :o :o :o

http://www.keiser.com/products/air300/seatedcalf.html

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »
here is that 15 ft. tall hammer squat rack. the pic doesnt do it justice its fricken huge

Were not worthy ;D
that's an awesome looking setup, it would be great as a home gym.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »
That FreeMotion piece is very nice....Blockhead is right, it's been out for quite some time now.  The FreeMotion squat is one of our top sellers along with the dual cable crossover machine. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »
That FreeMotion piece is very nice....Blockhead is right, it's been out for quite some time now.  The FreeMotion squat is one of our top sellers along witht the dual cable crossover machine. 

So you own Hammer, huh?  ::)

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 05:02:31 PM »
Nope, just stating a fact

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 06:33:47 PM »
Try this bad boy; burn, pump and results like you wouldn't believe! :o :o :o

http://www.keiser.com/products/air300/seatedcalf.html

You want to get strong and improve tendon at the same time, use the Keiser machines.  Unreal.  I lived on the seated preacher way back at ray Mentzer gym.  Those machines are great if you use them right. 

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »

The gym i used to go to when i was in high school had one of those. I remember being so confused the first time i looked at it. I used it a couple times just cause it was there but it sure was weird doing a leg press with your body 6 feet up in the air.
It's Hip to be Square!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 06:51:19 PM »
You want to get strong and improve tendon at the same time, use the Keiser machines.  Unreal.  I lived on the seated preacher way back at ray Mentzer gym.  Those machines are great if you use them right. 

they seem to be quite unique:

Keiser’s Air300 Squat combines low impact technology with the ability to move safely at higher speeds. The result is unmatched, explosive power – the key to superior athletic performance. Thumb buttons for resistance control are conveniently positioned on the ends of the handgrips for greater control and stability during the exercise. In addition, a range-limiting feature helps prevent ligament and joint injury to the knee.

Z