Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 164082 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
Go back to your old drug regime .. double it .. come back in 6 months and update us .. good luck!!

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 06:40:35 AM »
Never understood the hate Vince receives.  Clearly one of the more intelligent posters here.

Hi Vince....... ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:36 AM »
Looking good, V.  But why is there a monkey grabbing your pec?

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »
Y0U CAN SURE BUT TRY GETTING T0 5 PERCENT. DIFFERENT ST0RY AT Y0UR AGE AND H0LDING L0TS 0F MUSCLE.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 06:51:02 AM »
The Olympia is over so time for some fun. People have asked who I have trained? Only myself. That is sufficient to demonstrate a principle. The typical bodybuilder cannot accept, comprehend, or acknowledge that something new might be possible in hypertrophy training. You literally have to rethink the notions of recovery and soreness and how they affect maximum growth of muscles. If you refuse to allow new concepts then of course you will scoff at the attempt to build large muscles at an advanced age. It is possible and I will demonstrate this to the Flotsam.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 06:53:39 AM »
Assbruise.

I enjoy slapping the old coot around from time to time as much as anyone here, however this has me intrigued....Vince I'd suggest you start a log on the training log board so you can post updated pics, your training and diet regimen, etc. Should be interesting to see the results IF you can stick with it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 06:59:05 AM »
The Olympia is over so time for some fun. People have asked who I have trained? Only myself. That is sufficient to demonstrate a principle. The typical bodybuilder cannot accept, comprehend, or acknowledge that something new might be possible in hypertrophy training. You literally have to rethink the notions of recovery and soreness and how they affect maximum growth of muscles. If you refuse to allow new concepts then of course you will scoff at the attempt to build large muscles at an advanced age. It is possible and I will demonstrate this to the Flotsam.

???

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 07:00:26 AM »
My dad have better arm than yours without training  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »
I said I thought I could still build muscle at my age and completely natural and without any supplements whatever. I am into the experiment now and completed my 4th arm workout today. Training only arms at the moment. Biceps and triceps supersets. Ending in 6 sets with the maximum resistance. Progressing rapidly which is almost scary! Mostly regaining some of my former size. I am confident I can get bigger arms than I have previouly had. Should be an interesting experiment. I will show you guys because I need a strong incentive to keep this training going. So far there is no hint of any diminished response to hypertrophy training. This is what I predicted for myself. I can't say it would be the same for everyone else. I won't even consider using any drugs or supplements. This is a purely natural experiment to show what is possible as one gets older.
Go for it Vince!!  Rebuilding the gorilla arms....I like it!  Fortunately, you've already achieved the required amount of bodyhair for gorilla status so you're one step closer.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 07:05:19 AM »
Pretty solid arms for a 70 year old man.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 07:13:35 AM »
More body hair appears as most men age. I hope I avoid the injuries the accompany heavy training. I tore my right biceps in 1977 lifting 509 pounds. Elbow was damaged in 1965 from pullovers on a bench with 250 pounds. Shoulders sore from heavy bench presses. Knees a bit tender. Other than those I feel okay. Who else on Getbig has attempted to do something new that hasn't been done before?

I won't be posting details of my training. The end result is what counts. NO drugs of any kind will be used in this experiment. I won't take vitamins or any other supplements. Should sound crazy to most muscle heads.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 07:14:25 AM »
I said I thought I could still build muscle at my age and completely natural and without any supplements whatever. I am into the experiment now and completed my 4th arm workout today. Training only arms at the moment. Biceps and triceps supersets. Ending in 6 sets with the maximum resistance. Progressing rapidly which is almost scary! Mostly regaining some of my former size. I am confident I can get bigger arms than I have previouly had. Should be an interesting experiment. I will show you guys because I need a strong incentive to keep this training going. So far there is no hint of any diminished response to hypertrophy training. This is what I predicted for myself. I can't say it would be the same for everyone else. I won't even consider using any drugs or supplements. This is a purely natural experiment to show what is possible as one gets older.
I`m here to motivate you Vince!  One question my friend, why are you only training arms? 

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 07:18:51 AM »
Be kind to Vince, he's old enough to be Musclecenters old man....

btw does the Italian Lifter, the old fart, post anymore ?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »
Here is Ed Corney 10 years older than you.  He says he does Tricep Kickbacks with 150 lb Dbs still.  What say you?

berblexer

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 07:24:30 AM »

My grandpa too (RIP), he never worked out, just yard work.
Team Pat Banana

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 07:26:22 AM »
I am pulling for Vince!!! Wish him the best in his training.

Ed Corney is a true legend in bbing!!! Good to see him still looking solid!!!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
Re: The Getreal experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 07:26:28 AM »
Maybe the title of this thread should be changed....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:47 AM »
I am starting with arms only in stage one. The multiple maximum sets will induce the whole upper body to grow. I will soon add legs. You see, even Adam is questioning basic principles. I tell people here that some beliefs held by almost all bodybuilders are false. You do NOT have to train all body parts yet can still make gains in non-target muscles.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:40 AM »
I am starting with arms only in stage one. The multiple maximum sets will induce the whole upper body to grow. I will soon add legs. You see, even Adam is questioning basic principles. I tell people here that some beliefs held by almost all bodybuilders are false. You do NOT have to train all body parts yet can still make gains in non-target muscles.
See what I mean:  GetReal.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 07:30:57 AM »

I am 69. Hopefully, in a year I will be bigger.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 07:32:14 AM »
Dont you have better things to do at "69" than arguing with guys half or less you age and creating "online logs"?  ::)

That's the point. Lots of people have nothing better to do at 69. The better question is: why don't you and I have something better to do..... ;D

x2  Like building a future for yourselves.  ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 07:40:21 AM »
I am 69. Hopefully, in a year I will be bigger.

Still playing the mass game going into his 70's; this is a man who has his priorities in order!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »

noeasywayout

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 07:45:27 AM »
More body hair appears as most men age. I hope I avoid the injuries the accompany heavy training. I tore my right biceps in 1977 lifting 509 pounds. Elbow was damaged in 1965 from pullovers on a bench with 250 pounds. Shoulders sore from heavy bench presses. Knees a bit tender. Other than those I feel okay. Who else on Getbig has attempted to do something new that hasn't been done before?

I won't be posting details of my training. The end result is what counts. NO drugs of any kind will be used in this experiment. I won't take vitamins or any other supplements. Should sound crazy to most muscle heads.

do you recommend using hook grip when deadlifting?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »
You would need a Gravity Suit to actually do this properly or a way to mimic the increase in Gravity via centrifugal force.

Why not make it easier on yourself and just train your whole body?