Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 493701 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Coronovirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »
My cat can put up better arguments than this.

Lol well at the rate this disease is spreading your cat is likely to be your only surviving family member.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »
Lol well at the rate this disease is spreading your cat is likely to be your only surviving family member.

I might have to leave my basement when all the good getbiggers are wiped out.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2020, 04:04:16 PM »
From October 21st 2019 on 4chan

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2020, 04:21:34 PM »
Dr Campbell, the guy from the original post video, had a livestream tonight.According to the stream he's predicting 60% of UK population will catch CORVID-19 in first year.

66'000'000 x 60%

= 39'600'000

75% mild to moderate

20% severe, requiring oxygen (39'600'000 x 20% = 7'920'000)

5% critical, needing ITU (39'600'000 x 5% = 1'980'000)

If he's right we are fucked.

its a good thing hes wrong then...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »
its a good thing hes wrong then...

I really hope so.

11 Italian towns were just put on lockdown from nothing a few days ago.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2020, 04:25:20 PM »
I really hope so.

unless you are a 80 year old with chronic heart disease you will be fine

The people on the cruise ship have had it and got better in a couple of weeks, they are now all clear and on their way home..

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2020, 04:26:30 PM »
unless you are a 80 year old with chronic heart disease you will be fine

The people on the cruise ship have had it and got better in a couple of weeks, they are now all clear and on their way home..

Again it isn't the virus killing me that worries me.If that doctor is correct our whole country will collapse.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2020, 04:52:21 PM »
"My Graph of the confirmed cases in Europe day by day.
The last two surges are Italy only.

I can guarantee you that the mortality rate in Europe is 10%.

Of the 123 registered cases, 32 have been "recovered" and 3 have died.

Of the 35 cases in which an "end" has been declared, 3 died, 32 got well.

Mortality rate in Europe so far: 10%"

If this % carries on then China really were lying about number of deaths.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2020, 04:57:17 PM »
Personally I could give a "Prime" about China. 

FTN.   

Army of One

• Getbig V

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »
This is not like the flu! The seasonal flu does not get China to quarantine 700 million people, this is most likely an escaped bioweapon and if you just shrug it off and ignore it don’t be surprised when you’re struggling to survive. You were warned. Coincidentally, Bill Gates recently held a war game type scenario where a coronavirus kills 65 million people. That was back in October, look it up it was called Event 201.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2020, 05:06:56 PM »
This is not like the flu! The seasonal flu does not get China to quarantine 700 million people, this is most likely an escaped bioweapon and if you just shrug it off and ignore it don’t be surprised when you’re struggling to survive. You were warned. Coincidentally, Bill Gates recently held a war game type scenario where a coronavirus kills 65 million people. That was back in October, look it up it was called Event 201.

People's reactions and denial of this have been very interesting to watch.My personal theory is that most people in the west are so narcissistic, and feel so safe and invincible, that this shit scares them to the very core that they could be wiped out or the economy of their country collapse within a year.It was always something poor Africans had to deal with, and now it's knocking at their door they can't cope.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2020, 05:18:27 PM »
People's reactions and denial of this have been very interesting to watch.My personal theory is that most people in the west are so narcissistic, and feel so safe and invincible, that this shit scares them to the very core that they could be wiped out or the economy of their country collapse within a year.It was always something poor Africans had to deal with, and now it's knocking at their door they can't cope.

::)

The west can’t cope? We just came out of the worst economic slump since the Great Depression.

If it’s as bad as you say THERE IS ZERO THAT CAN BE DONE. You’re not worried about dying you’re worried about the economy collapsing, neither of which you have any control over.

We have random school shootings, Walmart shootings, workplace shootings etc...  but you think we feel invincible?

Coronovirus is the new Nibru. 

The internet is serious business.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2020, 05:21:34 PM »
Correct. I warned about this mid January on the earlier thread “two things you don’t want to hear” where there were some absolute morons thinking that “the virus won’t get us in America”.

It is correct that likely a very large % of the world, especially those in big cities globally, will be exposed.

As for the mortality rate, this is, for various reasons, hard to both measure and predict. This is because the vast majority of those infected don’t ever get tested as positive or even seek medical advice. And secondly because symptoms of infected vary hugely. From my own knowledge and sources I can tell you the rate of directly caused death to those actually infected could be around 1/10000. There are many people, especially kids, are almost entirely asymptotic (yet are fully infected and also are spreaders). For those who are infected and who are ill enough that they actually seek medical attention rate could be 1/1000. And for those who are elderly, smokers, immune compromised, already have pre-existing organ problems, rate could be as high as 4-5%.

These numbers are huge, if (as I have told you and warned) a significant number of global population get infected.

Any (non-idiot) questions let me know and I will answer. This happens to be a field where I know a significant amount and have global insights (both on the health side, geopolitical, and economic).

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
It's not denial or narcissism.  It's critical thinking and looking at the facts we have.  We don't know yet how deadly it really is as that's impossible to know at this stage.  We don't know how many people have the virus because many may have zero or just mild symptoms and not be tested.  We are starting to see patterns, but don't yet for sure know if the virus hits certain populations harder than others.  We don't know exactly how long the virus can live on surfaces.  We don't know what medications or treatments may really help in treating this although some countries have reported that HIV medications seem to help.  Just like Gib, you are saying a lot of stuff that hasn't been verified by any official agencies.  This, just like a lot of things in the world, is something that is dangerous and something we need to educate ourselves about as information comes out.  Maybe doing some reading has really scared you, but I can tell you that the best thing to do is to practice good hygiene habits, especially when out in public.  Suggesting that the world is going to be thrust into chaos and rioting is just ridiculous and means you have watched way too many movies.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2020, 05:28:53 PM »
Correct. I warned about this mid January on the earlier thread “two things you don’t want to hear” where there were some absolute morons thinking that “the virus won’t get us in America”.

It is correct that likely a very large % of the world, especially those in big cities globally, will be exposed.

As for the mortality rate, this is, for various reasons, hard to both measure and predict. This is because the vast majority of those infected don’t ever get tested as positive or even seek medical advice. And secondly because symptoms of infected vary hugely. From my own knowledge and sources I can tell you the rate of directly caused death to those actually infected could be around 1/10000. There are many people, especially kids, are almost entirely asymptotic (yet are fully infected and also are spreaders). For those who are infected and who are ill enough that they actually seek medical attention rate could be 1/1000. And for those who are elderly, smokers, immune compromised, already have pre-existing organ problems, rate could be as high as 4-5%.

These numbers are huge, if (as I have told you and warned) a significant number of global population get infected.

Any (non-idiot) questions let me know and I will answer. This happens to be a field where I know a significant amount and have global insights (both on the health side, geopolitical, and economic).

Good post Gib.What do you think about the doctors numbers I posted above that theorised 60% of the UK could be infected within a year, and I assume similar numbers in the usa per his theory?Also how true is it you can be reinfected right after you survived the first infection?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2020, 05:33:09 PM »
Yes that's true and I'll grieve, but then I'll get over it.

How cavalier of you. You might be grieving for yourself and not get over it until it kills you.

Women are less likely to die from this virus because they generally have stronger immune systems. Anyone with a weak immune system is at greater risk of complications including death from COVID-19. I'm no expert, but if you are a person who gets the flu fairly often, you could be more likely to contact COVID-19.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »

::)

The west can’t cope? We just came out of the worst economic slump since the Great Depression.

If it’s as bad as you say THERE IS ZERO THAT CAN BE DONE. You’re not worried about dying you’re worried about the economy collapsing, neither of which you have any control over.

We have random school shootings, Walmart shootings, workplace shootings etc...  but you think we feel invincible?

Coronovirus is the new Nibru.  

The internet is serious business.

Are you really comparing an economic slump to a virus that could wipe out a large amount of the population?also 512 people died in mass shootings last year in the usa....out of 327 million people.About the same odds getting shot and killed in a mass shooting as getting hit by lightning.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2020, 05:46:45 PM »
Everyone focused on Russia and the chinks attacked from behind!! :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2020, 05:47:59 PM »
Good post Gib.What do you think about the doctors numbers I posted above that theorised 60% of the UK could be infected within a year, and I assume similar numbers in the usa per his theory?Also how true is it you can be reinfected right after you survived the first infection?

I think these numbers of % of infected are quite possible. Now that does not mean we will have a scene of mass zombie-like deaths in the street. But rather, more like influenza (although somewhat worse in terms of death rate, and definitely worse in terms of economic effect and societal fear).

With many viruses, a person can be “re-infected”. Usually if it’s the same strain or a similar strain the impact on the busy will be less severe than initial exposure. As for those supposedly “re-infected” with Covid, what more likely occurred is that a person who was infected largely recovered, only for symptoms to re-emerge. Legitimate “re-infections” might occur in a year or so and or with slight mutations of the original strain.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »
I’m signing off get burglars as I’m heading to my underground lair and WiFi isn’t very good.I will check on the outside world in a Few years once this corona virus clears up.good luck to all.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2020, 05:49:20 PM »
Why don't you just put yourself in a position where you might benefit from it if that happens..

What do you envision those benefits being?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »
How cavalier of you. You might be grieving for yourself and not get over it until it kills you.

Women are less likely to die from this virus because they generally have stronger immune systems. Anyone with a weak immune system is at greater risk of complications including death from COVID-19. I'm no expert, but if you are a person who gets the flu fairly often, you could be more likely to contact COVID-19.

Plenty of other things out there that can kill me too. I'll minimize risk in areas I have control over and get on with things. I'm definitely not gonna lose any sleep over it though.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2020, 05:56:42 PM »

So since you’re not ignoring it, what are you doing about it?
X