Author Topic: The Y board lifting thread  (Read 2057290 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: The Y board lifting thread.
« Reply #7125 on: October 15, 2013, 08:02:18 PM »
Most of the top tier Green Berets and Recons I have met wear them on the events so far - and even say many use Saloman on patrols
And merrells on tour...every Serious operator I've ever worked with had merrells on

I only wear merrells and salomans these days..wearing merrell chameleon stretch 3's now(black)

Prefer the merrells due to having vibram soles...every tour I wore either Moab ventilators or sawtooths

I would wear more salomans if the colors weren't so loud lol

Bench

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7126 on: October 15, 2013, 08:06:53 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #7127 on: October 15, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
:(
yes i work out negro 5 days a week  >:(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7128 on: October 15, 2013, 08:09:20 PM »
And merrells on tour...every Serious operator I've ever worked with had merrells on

I only wear merrells and salomans these days..wearing merrell chameleon stretch 3's now(black)

Prefer the merrells due to having vibram soles...every tour I wore either Moab ventilators or sawtooths

I would wear more salomans if the colors weren't so loud lol

Bench

I have learned a ton from these guys.  Whether its proper foot care to avoid blisters, hot spots, etc, proper hydration, etc - these guys really teach us a ton of shit.   Every event I have done - I have come away learning something really good

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7129 on: October 15, 2013, 08:12:15 PM »

I have learned a ton from these guys.  Whether its proper foot care to avoid blisters, hot spots, etc, proper hydration, etc - these guys really teach us a ton of shit.   Every event I have done - I have come away learning something really good

If you stop learning you stop living
Always watch your six
Never rely on a double tap

These are the three things I've learned through combat

Bench

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7130 on: October 15, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
If you stop learning you stop living
Always watch your six
Never rely on a double tap

These are the three things I've learned through combat

Bench

What I like is that once you complete the challenge  - they will friend you on FB and you can ask them ANYTHING on gear, training, workouts, etc and they will tell you the real deal.  Of course most of us are smart enough never to ask stupid shit questions about combat deployments etc unless they bring it up - but they always will tell us what they think works or not under stressful situations

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7131 on: October 15, 2013, 08:55:09 PM »
What I like is that once you complete the challenge  - they will friend you on FB and you can ask them ANYTHING on gear, training, workouts, etc and they will tell you the real deal.  Of course most of us are smart enough never to ask stupid shit questions about combat deployments etc unless they bring it up - but they always will tell us what they think works or not under stressful situations
i have people asking me about shit like that all the time...it just makes me laugh now...but it used to make me mad as fuck...i seem to be mellowing with age

bench

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7132 on: October 15, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »
i have people asking me about shit like that all the time...it just makes me laugh now...but it used to make me mad as fuck...i seem to be mellowing with age

bench

Its like an un written rule Its perfectly fine to ask about gear, treatment of injuries and ailments, technical details on weapons and ballistics,  - just STFU on tactics or deployments - and everything is cool. 

Knowing that - these guys are awesome and will really give you info to help you out.   

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7133 on: October 15, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »
Its like an un written rule Its perfectly fine to ask about gear, treatment of injuries and ailments, technical details on weapons and ballistics,  - just STFU on tactics or deployments - and everything is cool. 

Knowing that - these guys are awesome and will really give you info to help you out.   
ive always been very open about on gear, loadouts, weapons etc...lots of trial and error..i'll always help people on that so they dont have to spend as much money as i did

bench

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7134 on: October 15, 2013, 09:23:42 PM »
ive always been very open about on gear, loadouts, weapons etc...lots of trial and error..i'll always help people on that so they dont have to spend as much money as i did

bench

Its funny - some of the Cadre ask me questions on weight lighting routines - and I tell them - dudes - you are as bad ass as on the planet - but your diet SUCKS!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7135 on: October 15, 2013, 09:28:10 PM »

Its funny - some of the Cadre ask me questions on weight lighting routines - and I tell them - dudes - you are as bad ass as on the planet - but your diet SUCKS!
i get asked alot about what i ate during tours..the answer is simple..

i lived on grilled ham, egg and cheese sandwiches...id have 3 before i went out on patrol or an op...its just fuel at that point cause you dont know whats going to happen when you are out there...those sandwiches and protein powder were it food wise..ive caught myself eating like that once back home a few times also...for some its a hard habit to break

bench

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7136 on: October 15, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »
i get asked alot about what i ate during tours..the answer is simple..

i lived on grilled ham, egg and cheese sandwiches...id have 3 before i went out on patrol or an op...its just fuel at that point cause you dont know whats going to happen when you are out there...those sandwiches and protein powder were it food wise..ive caught myself eating like that once back home a few times also...for some its a hard habit to break

bench

Check out this dude - he was on Surviving the Cut and ran on my classes - dude kicked our asses.  Was supposed to be a GR Light for 4 hours 6 miles  - ended up at 12 miles 8 hous w 2 hour welcome party  - Cadre Chris broyght the pain!  https://www.goruck.com/en/spec-ops-cadre

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7137 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:38 PM »
Check out this dude - he was on Surviving the Cut and ran on my classes - dude kicked our asses.  Was supposed to be a GR Light for 4 hours 6 miles  - ended up at 12 miles 8 hous w 2 hour welcome party  - Cadre Chris broyght the pain!  https://www.goruck.com/en/spec-ops-cadre

something else i hope you have learned about those guys....if you arent a borderline alcoholic you cant hang out with them..thats why i fit in so well!

bench

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7138 on: October 16, 2013, 05:52:42 AM »

bench

I never had a problem sharing loadouts either.

For example, on the larger maps, I use M8A1 with a target finder sight and foregrip attachment to reduce recoil.  This gives me the ability to combat snipers at long range, and have the advantage at medium range.  Very accurate.  I use the lightweight, toughness, and engineer perks, no secondary weapon, and a bouncing betty and a shock charge.  Only disatvange is close range, where the automatic weapons have the advantage.

On the smaller maps, I use the Type 25, due to its faster rate of fire, reflex sights and grip as well.  Same perks as the M8 loadout, except I use extreme conditioning instead of engineer, so I can run faster for longer periods.

I'll keep you current with my other weapon sets once Call of Duty Ghosts launches.
Y

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #7139 on: October 16, 2013, 05:59:47 AM »

For example, on the larger maps, I use M8A1 with a target finder sight and foregrip attachment to reduce recoil.  This gives me the ability to combat snipers at long range, and have the advantage at medium range.  Very accurate.  I use the lightweight, toughness, and engineer perks, no secondary weapon, and a bouncing betty and a shock charge.  Only disatvange is close range, where the automatic weapons have the advantage.

On the smaller maps, I use the Type 25, due to its faster rate of fire, reflex sights and grip as well.  Same perks as the M8 loadout, except I use extreme conditioning instead of engineer, so I can run faster for longer periods.

I'll keep you current with my other weapon sets once Call of Duty Ghosts launches.

;D ;D ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7140 on: October 16, 2013, 06:01:34 AM »

Lol ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #7141 on: October 16, 2013, 06:40:48 AM »
Two days now i lifted several cups o tea and spoon of chicken soup because of a flu...

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7142 on: October 16, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »

You sir are some kind of sorcerer!

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7143 on: October 16, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
ran 8 miles and did some hog "conservation"

bench

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7144 on: October 16, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »
Interval training:

2 min walk

4 min @ 10mph

4 min jog with increased inclines

8 - 20 sec sprint with 10 sec rest   11.1-12mph

4 min walk.
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7145 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »
Nothing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7147 on: October 17, 2013, 12:25:06 PM »
Interval training:

2 min walk

4 min @ 10mph

4 min jog with increased inclines

8 - 20 sec sprint with 10 sec rest   11.1-12mph

4 min walk.
Grape laying the smack down.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7148 on: October 17, 2013, 12:28:45 PM »
Nothing

I've had a bunch of those workouts lately...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7149 on: October 17, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »
Grape laying the smack down.

I will be so small in a month that Chaos and Groink will no longer respond to my posts
Y