Author Topic: ATHEIST Brad Pitt on Bill Maher  (Read 6639 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: ATHEIST Brad Pitt on Bill Maher
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 12:49:06 PM »
absolutely

Okay.  Then you are consistent.

Many people believe that this is a bad thing, and they attribute it to theism and religion.  But obviously that's not true since you and Maher are neither theist nor religious, yet you both support the state of Israel unconditionally.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 08:47:19 AM »
Unbelivably wrong, as usual, Luke.

Your claim that preachers speaking out against homosexuality are, by and large, closet homos is as right as two left shoes.

Your "rational heterosexuals" spiel is void of sense and accuracy, as well.

Strike One: Bisexuals are NOT the only who think that homosexuality is a choice.

Strike Two: Heterosexuals often do care what homosexuals do, particularly if those happen to be in their family.

Strike Three: People are against homosexuality for reason that have NOTHING TO DO, with repressing homosexual tendencies.

WOW! Unbelievable logic, friend! So, I guess if I say I don't like red, really I  mean I do? *LOL* Well, with that logic, homosexuals really aren't homosexual, they are heterosexual. McWay, where do these people come from? How do you continue to endure it? Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 08:54:05 AM »

WOW! Unbelievable logic, friend! So, I guess if I say I like red, really I  mean I don't? *LOL* Well, with that logic, homosexuals really aren't homosexual, they are heterosexual. McWay, where do these people come from? How do you continue to endure it? Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

Your guess is a good as mine, regarding the origins of such strange people. Just kidding!!! In my view, folks like Luke carry some personal vendetta against religion (Christianity in particular). Plus, Luke is either from Europe (or at least has lived there for a sustained period of time).

I say that, because I remember seeing a poll on the news, regarding Christianity. It seems that 67% of people who call themselves Christians are Catholic worldwide. However, that number DROPS significantly here in the USA, where only 32 or 33% of self-identified Christians are Catholic.

As for the endurance part, it's all about facts, a good sense of humor, and prayer (not necessarily in that order)  ;D .

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »
I could. Then again, I could eat roadkill, too.

The only thing keeping you from dipping the donkey with men is a moral code that says you should do it with women? 

I've often wondered how people could honestly think homosexuality is a choice....that they could have sex with men, they just choose to sleep with women because the bible tells them to. 
That's seriously an interesting statement there MCWAY.  I have nothing against homosexuality, but there is no way hell I could have sex with a man.  If it were "proper" to be gay, I'd still have to have sex with women.  I'm interested in hearing more about how you have sex with women only because you're supposed to. 

Do you have a particular "type" of guy you find attractive but don't have sex with only because God tells you not to? 
Do you find women more attractive than men?  Less attractive?  Or are they pretty much equal in your eye? 
Y

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2009, 01:50:39 PM »
He would kill children (if he heard voices) I mean if god told him to.And would have sex with men if his religion allowed him to.
DAWG

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »
Read this back and forth carefully...

Luke:
Only BISEXUALS believe sexual orientation is a choice.

McWay:
Strike One: Bisexuals are NOT the only who think that homosexuality is a choice.

Luke:
...do you think homosexuality is a choice? Could you CHOOSE to have sex with another man?

McWay:
I could. Then again, I could eat roadkill, too.

...is McWay actually claiming the Bible restrained his bisexuality?

Is a non-practicing bisexual any less of a bisexual? After all, didn't Jesus himself make the point that sin is first committed by thought; not action.

The Luke

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2009, 11:59:24 PM »
Didn't watch the clip, but Pitt is a louse.  Good actor, but I could care less about his opinion on anything other than movies.  And even then I don't want his opinion.  Just shut up and go make another good Ocean's movie. 

Agree.

He's a good actor.

But his opinions on issues aren't really a big deal.

However, I think it's nice to see that "celebs" are open about being Atheists.

Perhaps then that won't be so demonized and a big issue for many.
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2009, 01:31:07 AM »

Luke:
McWay:
Luke:
McWay:

Is a non-practicing bisexual any less of a bisexual? After all, didn't Jesus himself make the point that sin is first committed by thought; not action.

The Luke

Luke, go easy on the guy. When he was a little kid, ...his father didn't take enough showers with him.  ;D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2009, 11:23:25 AM »

Luke:
McWay:
Luke:
McWay:

The Luke

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »
Agree.

He's a good actor.

But his opinions on issues aren't really a big deal.

However, I think it's nice to see that "celebs" are open about being Atheists.

Perhaps then that won't be so demonized and a big issue for many.

I don't think people are demonized for being atheists.  I have atheist friends.  They just can't get elected governor, president, etc. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »
I don't think people are demonized for being atheists.  I have atheist friends.  They just can't get elected governor, president, etc. 

Oh brother! Oly in America... the land where an atheist could never get elected, ...but the anti-christ can. ::)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »
Oh brother! Oly in America... the land where an atheist could never get elected, ...but the anti-christ can. ::)

It's what the people want. Or more accurately don't want. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2009, 11:58:32 AM »

sure they can

all they have to do is pretend to be religious to appease the people who need to hear that shit

happens every day

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2009, 12:03:48 PM »
LOL!  Whatever it takes to make you feel better.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »
LOL!  Whatever it takes to make you feel better.   :)

actually it doesn't make me feel better at all

it's just a sad fact about our country

you know it's true too

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »
No, I don't know it's true that people of faith lie about their faith to get elected, secretly concealing the fact that they're really "dyed in the wool" atheists.  That's really funny.   :)

Atheists make up a tiny percentage of the country.  They are the least trusted group in the country.  They are unable to win most elected offices, because the overwhelming majority of the country doesn't want an atheist in office. 

That doesn't make atheists bad people.  Those are just the facts. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
No, I don't know it's true that people of faith lie about their faith to get elected, secretly concealing the fact that they're really "dyed in the wool" atheists.  That's really funny.   :)

Atheists make up a tiny percentage of the country.  They are the least trusted group in the country.  They are unable to win most elected offices, because the overwhelming majority of the country doesn't want an atheist in office. 

they don't have to be atheist.  They just don't need to actually believe the shit they say (they are politicians after all).

Most people who are non-believers would not define themselves as atheists.  To be an atheist is to have the same certainty of something they can't prove which is just the same as being a true believer.

Most people just don't subscribe to a specific religious belief but without actually denying there might be some greater mystery to life.   The two positions are not mutually exclusive.   I can choose not to believe in Jesus, Allah or the Divine Trinity and still not consider myself an atheist

Once again, I suspect you already know this too

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »

...maybe not, but it certainly makes this supposed believer majority bad people.

The Luke

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »
...maybe not, but it certainly makes this supposed believer majority bad people.

The Luke

Why?  Because they want a person of faith in public office? 

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 09:04:24 PM »
Why?  Because they want a person of faith in public office? 

...yes, people of faith are (in general) dumber than athiests.

It's irresponsible to want a Jesus-freak "praying" for guidance on foreign policy when what the world needs are sober, logical, rational people making informed decisions; actually taking the time to READ about a subject instead of waiting for "God" to enlighten them.

Athiests aren't the ones who pushed George Dubya Bush on the world.

Athiests don't double down on their mistakes and label it "faith", unlike the "Dubya just wasn't dumb enough: vote Palin!" crowd.

The Luke

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2009, 09:09:37 PM »

...yes, people of faith are (in general) dumber than athiests.

It's irresponsible to want a Jesus-freak "praying" for guidance on foreign policy when what the world needs are sober, logical, rational people making informed decisions; actually taking the time to READ about a subject instead of waiting for "God" to enlighten them.

Athiests aren't the ones who pushed George Dubya Bush on the world.

Athiests don't double down on their mistakes and label it "faith", unlike the "Dubya just wasn't dumb enough: vote Palin!" crowd.

The Luke

This is a "dumb" analysis.  I was asking why you call people who want those who hold public office to believe in God "bad people," not which group is smarter than the other.  I'm not getting into that absurd discussion (who is smarter  ::)). 

Part of the reason this is a "dumb" analysis is atheists are such a small percentage of the population that they likely have zero impact on state and national elections.  And the same people who put Bush in office also put the professed God-fearing Obama in office.   

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
Okay...

Hypothetically separate the population into two groups: those with IQs below the median, and those above the median...

...where would you find the bulk of the believers?

...where would you find the bulk of the athiests?

...and yes, to simplify things, if Dubya thought us anyhting, it's this very simple fact:

Clever... good, dumb... bad.

There is a direct statistical correlation between atheism and intelligence.
There is a direct statistical correlation between atheism and morality.
There is a direct statistical correlation between atheism and law abiding behaviour.

There is a negative statistical correlation between atheism and stupidity.
There is a negative statistical correlation between atheism and immorality.
There is a negative statistical correlation between atheism and violent behaviour.

The Luke 

John Smith from Canada

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
EXCELLENT quotes.
It’s truly rare to find someone who does not worship “celebrity” opinions. I was surprised to find so many in succession.
Are we still the minority, or are more people catching on?

I agree, more people are catching on. No man is worthy of worship. We are all the same. There is no God, but God and only he is worthy of worship.   

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »
I just don’t get why celebrities preach their beliefs to the public as though we should hold them in higher regards.

So, you’re a famous actor/actress…
You’re lucky enough to make a lot of money pretending to be other people…
Or maybe you sing songs… :o

Whatever.

How exactly does that qualify you as a political authority?
And why should I hold your opinions as more valid & important than anyone else’s?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »
I just don’t get why celebrities preach their beliefs to the public as though we should hold them in higher regards.

So, you’re a famous actor/actress…
You’re lucky enough to make a lot of money pretending to be other people…
Or maybe you sing songs… :o

Whatever.

How exactly does that qualify you as a political authority?
And why should I hold your opinions as more valid & important than anyone else’s?

I don't think they are asking you to hold their opinions at a high level.  I think they believe because of their popularity they can influence people on issues they believe in.