Author Topic: Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait.  (Read 9112 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait.
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »

Your Lobotomy didn't go well ?

Tell them you want your money back
That wasn't funny in the other thread and it fails here as well.

Please lord, take his life.

James

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2009, 11:16:49 AM »
That wasn't funny in the other thread and it fails here as well.

Please lord, take his life.

you need help.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2009, 11:19:14 AM »
you need help.

if obamacare passes, maybe he will be able to see a doctor...

...by 2019.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
You're a monster.

Ok Mr. SipnPuff, you're already a burden on society b/c you're willingly not insuring yourself.

You're much worse than the 18,000 who can't get insurance.

You're a freeloader.
mr. sipnpuff I dont get that reference?

how am I a burden on society?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2009, 11:22:28 AM »
mr. sipnpuff I dont get that reference?

how am I a burden on society?

the day you have a catastrophic illness or injury you might be able to figure it out (I say "might" because even then I'm not really sure you'd get it)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2009, 11:23:53 AM »
Eldon saw Goodfellas and is passing off that brilliant work as  his own.

Like I said douchebag, delete your account and start over anonymously.  You bring shame to this entire forum.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2009, 11:24:13 AM »
Tony - you can't get a job that covers your health care now and you're (I presume) healthly and able-bodied.

Do you really think if you're fucked up and in a wheel chair or hospital bed that it's going to be any easier.

Let's not forget the 50k in medical bills that you can't pay.

YOU are the perfect example of why we need a public option.  

Wouldn't you like to know that if you got in a horrible accident or were diagnosed with a brain tumor that you wouldn't be bankrupt or homeless (or having to depend on family/friends etc..).

who said i couldnt get a job? I said I dont have one right now b/c im looking for one the reason I can go get a go no where job that provides health care thats not what i want I want a job that will help further my career goals...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2009, 11:28:52 AM »
who said i couldnt get a job? I said I dont have one right now b/c im looking for one the reason I can go get a go no where job that provides health care thats not what i want I want a job that will help further my career goals...

Figure out what you love to do and go in your own business.   The first few years suck, but it gets better after that.  You will have your freedom, dignity, and hopefully be able to keep more $$$ in your own pocket.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2009, 11:32:37 AM »
the day you have a catastrophic illness or injury you might be able to figure it out (I say "might" because even then I'm not really sure you'd get it)
what % of ppl have catastrophic illnesses or injuries that prevent them from working? probably a very low % just like deckers 18,000 sorry bro that doesnt justify giving healthcare to the entire nation...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »

you don't have a job now because you're looking for one?

Don't you mean you're looking for a job now because you don't have one?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2009, 11:42:54 AM »
what % of ppl have catastrophic illnesses or injuries that prevent them from working? probably a very low % just like deckers 18,000 sorry bro that doesnt justify giving healthcare to the entire nation...

I went 5 years without insurance.  I have it now.    I had a disability policy for $600 a year that paid me $2500 a month in the event of an illness.  

During that time, I was able to put away a ton of $$$ in net savings, but a place for pennies on the dollar with a tiny mortgage, etc.  

Did I gamble?  Yes, but it was calculated gamble that paid off that i was well aware of.  

Health insurance is mostly based on scare tacticts but it is needed for those 35 yo and older.    

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
you don't have a job now because you're looking for one?

Don't you mean you're looking for a job now because you don't have one?

what I meant was i dont have a job right now b/c im being picky, again I can go get a go no where job that has health insurance thats not what im looking for im looking for a JOB THAT WILL HELP FURTHER MY CAREER GOALS!!!!!!!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2009, 11:46:57 AM »
I went 5 years without insurance.  I have it now.    I had a disability policy for $600 a year that paid me $2500 a month in the event of an illness.  

During that time, I was able to put away a ton of $$$ in net savings, but a place for pennies on the dollar with a tiny mortgage, etc.  

Did I gamble?  Yes, but it was calculated gamble that paid off that i was well aware of.  

Health insurance is mostly based on scare tacticts but it is needed for those 35 yo and older.    

sure you'd gambled and we all took the risk.  If you had a catastrophic illness or accident that disability policy wouldn't have done shit.

You would received health care and the cost would have been passed along to those who had insurance or the taxpayers in some other way.

If you think health insurance (i.e. health care) is only need for those over 35 you're delusional

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »

thats my point could i pay for health insurance, sure, could I pay for it and go to college probably not right now thus the looking for a good job that will give me health insurance and help with where I want to go.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2009, 11:49:57 AM »
what I meant was i dont have a job right now b/c im being picky, again I can go get a go no where job that has health insurance thats not what im looking for im looking for a JOB THAT WILL HELP FURTHER MY CAREER GOALS!!!!!!!!!!

what field are you looking to move into one day?

in the long run, you'll be glad you stuck with stuff in your field.  Employers have all the power in the world now, and a few jobs in your area is gonna be essential to get another job in that area.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2009, 11:50:59 AM »
sure you'd gambled and we all took the risk.  If you had a catastrophic illness or accident that disability policy wouldn't have done shit.

You would received health care and the cost would have been passed along to those who had insurance or the taxpayers in some other way.

If you think health insurance (i.e. health care) is only need for those over 35 you're delusional

Like I said it was a gamble I took, but my assets were well ovber 250k at the time.  

I simply looked at the most possible things that could happen and based my decisions on that.  I cant make decisisions based on freak accidents, but what is most likely to occur.  

If I would have gotten crazy sick, I would have been wiped out since I had a lot of savings, a apartment worth alot $$, etc, but it was a gamble that paid off.    

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »
what field are you looking to move into one day?

in the long run, you'll be glad you stuck with stuff in your field.  Employers have all the power in the world now, and a few jobs in your area is gonna be essential to get another job in that area.
Energy, i really really want to get on as a real time energy trader and do that for a while I already have a degree but its in psych and worthless in the world of finance. There is a customer service rep position open in this one company I actually sat down and had coffee with the head of the acct department in that company about an internship but nothing came out of it. I was thinking even though it doesnt have any finance component to it at least its in the industry and maybe that would help out.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »
Like I said it was a gamble I took, but my assets were well ovber 250k at the time.  

I simply looked at the most possible things that could happen and based my decisions on that.  I cant make decisisions based on freak accidents, but what is most likely to occur.  

If I would have gotten crazy sick, I would have been wiped out since I had a lot of savings, a apartment worth alot $$, etc, but it was a gamble that paid off.   

was the amount of the premium for you forgoed paying and for how long. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2009, 12:01:15 PM »
Decker, don't go away mad, just go away. You've lost it, take the rest of the day off.

Oh man, you've done it now. This dickhead will start following you around Getbig and calling you "Eldon" because really, every account that disagrees with him is run by Eldon. The other 99.99% of Getbiggers all agree with everything this fucktard has to say.  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
thats my point could i pay for health insurance, sure, could I pay for it and go to college probably not right now thus the looking for a good job that will give me health insurance and help with where I want to go.

ok well at least you understand that by choosing to not pay for it you're passing that burden and risk to to the public and to people who are paying their insurance.

you're aware of that right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »
ok well at least you understand that by choosing to not pay for it you're passing that burden and risk to to the public and to people who are paying their insurance.

you're aware of that right?
in the case of a catastrophic injury where I cant work sure, whats the % of that again?  ::)

Ive been sick a few times and the walk in clinic at the CVS does just fine for me...that didnt get passed on to you did it?

so those 18,000 of decker I guess is enough for you too huh? 18,000 justifies giving healthcare to an entire nation huh?  ::)

you got my check ready?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:46 PM »
in the case of a catastrophic injury where I cant work sure, whats the % of that again?  ::)

Ive been sick a few times and the walk in clinic at the CVS does just fine for me...that didnt get passed on to you did it?

so those 18,000 of decker I guess is enough for you too huh? 18,000 justifies giving healthcare to an entire nation huh?  ::)

you got my check ready?

no idea of the % but I'm glad at least you're not so delusional as to not understand you're passing the largest part of the risk and the cost to others

I certainly hope you stay healthy

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »
Oh man, you've done it now. This dickhead will start following you around Getbig and calling you "Eldon" because really, every account that disagrees with him is run by Eldon. The other 99.99% of Getbiggers all agree with everything this fucktard has to say.  ::)
well well well, the resident horse toothed racist makes an appearance.

Don't you have toilets to clean?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »
no idea of the % but I'm glad at least you're not so delusional as to not understand you're passing the largest part of the risk and the cost to others

I certainly hope you stay healthy
LARGEST PART OF THE RISK ::) you just admitted you didnt know what the % was bro ::)

Id say the catastrophic injury is very lowwwww % wise the common cold is the largest part of the risk and again the walk in clinic at CVS WHERE I PAID WITH MY OWN MONEY worked just fine for me

you got my check ready? i needs me books

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »
Energy, i really really want to get on as a real time energy trader and do that for a while I already have a degree but its in psych and worthless in the world of finance. There is a customer service rep position open in this one company I actually sat down and had coffee with the head of the acct department in that company about an internship but nothing came out of it. I was thinking even though it doesnt have any finance component to it at least its in the industry and maybe that would help out.

ya didn't ask for my opinion, but I'll share it anyway :)

Get a stafford loan and go back to school for your MBA.

best time to get an education is during a recession.  You're not gonna get a decent job in the crippled finance area for a while.  Why not spend that 2 years (while everything is recovering) getting the MBA?

Along the way, you'll see tons of opportunities and internships that you won't hear about in the outside world.  And if you do get a good job, you can stop school anytime then go back later.  hell, most employers (used to) pay their guys to get MBAs.