Author Topic: Bring it !!  (Read 1194 times)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Bring it !!
« on: May 17, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
Been training for 5 weeks.  To those that don't box, your lack of willpower sickens me.

When the Mr. Getbig tough man competition is created, I will be Ready.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Bring it !!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
You seem to be capable of dishing it out.

Did you get your inspiration from the GI JOE-character?
Q

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »
That's not the irish version of Croatch.
from incomplete data

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
Been training for 5 weeks.  To those that don't box, your lack of willpower sickens me.

Box? you can't throw punches while you're in a triangle choke  ;D

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 04:55:25 PM »
You seem to be capable of dishing it out.

Did you get your inspiration from the GI JOE-character?

No, but about 16 weeks into my bodybuilding comeback I started learning to box.  I think some form of heavy cardiovascular training should be included along with bodybuilding and I do this 2x per week.  I used to get winded walking up steps at 240 lbs, now I can jump rope, do mountain climbers, and hit the heavy bag for 3 minute rounds.  

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 04:58:20 PM »
No, but about 16 weeks into my bodybuilding comeback I started learning to box.  I think some form of heavy cardiovascular training should be included along with bodybuilding and I do this 2x per week.  I used to get winded walking up steps at 240 lbs, now I can jump rope, do mountain climbers, and hit the heavy bag for 3 minute rounds.  

Yes, it's very good for your health and stamina.

It's just too bad that so many go for the takedown these days though.
Q

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 04:58:28 PM »

This is Duck: Have you sparred yet? Your shoulders will kill you in the beginning, just from holding up the guard ;D

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »
Box? you can't throw punches while you're in a triangle choke  ;D

Yeah, I guess if I'm ever locked in a cage where I have the ability to fight without my opponents friends punching me or hitting me with a beer bottle, the triangle joke may be useful.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
Yeah, I guess if I'm ever locked in a cage where I have the ability to fight without my opponents friends punching me or hitting me with a beer bottle, the triangle joke may be useful.

lol beer bottles you have to choose your battles more wisely

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 05:01:45 PM »

Big forearms. How heavy are you, brah?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 05:06:18 PM »

This is Duck: Are you only hitting the heavy bag?  ;D Unless you learn defence, stance, and all that shit + train it in sparring, hitting the bag won't be very useful if you want to gain defensive power in a fight.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 05:06:24 PM »
This is Duck: Have you sparred yet? Your shoulders will kill you in the beginning, just from holding up the guard ;D

Just a real quick session with my trainiers son.  I'm winded from moving long before my shoulders are tired.  I never had much conditioning to begin with, and trying to develop boxing conditioning at 240 lbs is killing me.  

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »
Just a real quick session with my trainiers son.  I'm winded from moving long before my shoulders are tired.  I never had much conditioning to begin with, and trying to develop boxing conditioning at 240 lbs is killing me.  

This is Duck: If you are serious about learning it, you need to learn defence, stance and do lots of sparring.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »
Big forearms. How heavy are you, brah?

200-228 lbs in 24 weeks.  I'm in week 28 now and weight is 232-238

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 05:14:05 PM »
200-228 lbs in 24 weeks.  I'm in week 28 now and weight is 232-238

Making good progress ! looking good keep up the good work

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »
This is Duck: If you are serious about learning it, you need to learn defence, stance and do lots of sparring.

Mainly I do the hand pads with my trainer, he backs up as I hit them so its a lot of movement so I'm gasping after 2-3 rounds of that.  Not ready for serious sparring yet.  Just moved around once with his son who is smaller than me.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Mainly I do the hand pads with my trainer, he backs up as I hit them so its a lot of movement so I'm gasping after 2-3 rounds of that.  Not ready for serious sparring yet.  Just moved around once with his son who is smaller than me.

This is Duck: Cool. If you really get into it, and perhaps try your hands on some MMA or at least BJJ, you might become hooked :o

Duck sees that you = wearing wristbands. Very smart, your wrists will thank you 8)