Author Topic: Oldtimer1  (Read 431572 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Oldtimer1
« Reply #2250 on: February 23, 2024, 10:01:44 AM »
Trained delt and triceps. The plan was to lift and walk fast for around 5 miles outside. In my basement I could hear the rain falling. Fuck. I don't want to do that damn treadmill. Cardio will have to wait till tomorrow. I wasn't feeling well after training yesterday. Strange leg pain I couldn't pin point and just a general feeling like I was getting sick once again. Today I woke up and felt much better. Yesterday I took a prescription anti inflammatory that I assumed helped with the leg pain. 

As usual I won't put down warm up sets. For my military press I did two warm ups. Most exercises get none. I use them as I perceive I need them. Reps are from memory and not always accurate. All work sets to failure.

Military press 1 x 9 115lbs (cleaned the weight and went all the way down on the negative of the press. Why is there an epidemic of people doing partials? I feel it's to impress others with the weight they use. You are there to train your muscles not your ego. Do the longest range of motion you can do. Used a controlled cadence. I digress here but does anyone on earth use the negative in deadlifts? I do.

Dumbbell laterals 1x10 30lbs ( Used a slow cadence. I see everyone is using a very shallow range of motion saying the side delts get hit in only a few inches of movement. I do them full range like Arnold. Yes, different muscle groups work together. The traps work with the delts and if they kick in because I go too high then it's no problem.

Rear delt dumbbell laterals 1 x 15 35lbs (machines are clearly better for these but I don't have a reverse delt machine.)

Face pulls 1 x 20 90lbs ( my pulley machine has a nice place for me to brace my foot to stabilize myself. First time I ever used this movement I could tell it was hitting the rear delts upper back in a good way. Also has some good rotator cuff involvement if you do it right. I use a rope.)

Barbell shrugs 1 x 15 255lbs (I use a light weight but just being around guys in gyms forever this exercise can really fuck up the nerves coming out of your spine. Most use a very short range with the weight of a buick and slam the negative. This is one exercise to do under control.)

Typical tricep pulley push downs with a straight bar 1 x 10 ( I won't put down weight because everyone's pulley system is different. In the the commercial gym I worked out in I used what was labeled 150lbs. In my home gym 80lbs feels much heavier.

Scott tricep extensions with an EZ bar 1 x 10 (Hard to describe. I sit on a bench with a scott curl attachment. I turn the scott curl attachment around in the opposite way so I can sit and brace my upper back as I lean back on it. Then I do behind the head tricep extensions with an EZ bar. 

Rope tricep extensions 1 x 19 (breathing hard on this one. High reps can be torture, lol)

Weighted dips 1x10 (I think Arthur Jones and Mentzer called these the upper body squat. They are great. I try to go as low as possible without tearing someting. I put a picture of my dipping set up.)

Weighted crunches 1 x 50 with 15lbs plates behind my head.

Pulley crunches 1 x 75 (they felt so easy I really repped out. When I got up I saw I didn't use my ordinary weight. I must have been day dreaming)

On a decline bench I do a kind of rocking crunch 1  x 50 (I go back with my hands behind my head to where I feel the abs are working and I use a short range of motion hopefully putting most of the work on the abs.)

The rest is rehab stuff like using light dumbbells to do a stretching pullover. Not done for development but for the stretch.

Using again the free diet app called Lose It.  Felt like I had a really good day diet wise. I will keep it up. Eating right is always a challenge for me. Like a hungry dog I want to eat anything I want when I want. Normally I do. I have to develop some discipline diet wise. I would like to think I have a good work ethic but when it comes to diet I have zero control. Had a good day today so it's a one day streak. A real test is tomorrow. Baby sitting my grand daughter and my wife said she is getting a pizza. Going to have two slices and call it a night. Normally I would eat half the pie.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2251 on: February 23, 2024, 05:43:13 PM »
Congrats on the health status.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2252 on: February 24, 2024, 05:58:24 AM »

Thanks, I hope it stays there.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2253 on: February 24, 2024, 11:20:00 AM »
Walked fast for 4.7 miles. I ran six strides that differed in length from 40 to 200 yards during the fast walk. Then I practiced boxing drills in the basement.  Worked on footwork and for someone that can dance it's not good, lol. 

The diet on day two is going well.  I'm being really strict. Maybe too strict.

I have to get back to a good running program. This pic was taken 20 years ago when I was a kid of 45 years old. I wasn't even running a lot prior to that race. I was running a 6:20 mile when the picture was taken. It felt I was going faster but nope.  When I was in high school and college I was a sprinter but I remember how easy it was for me to run a sub 6 minute mile even though I did sprint training only. Now you need an hour glass to time me but I bet with the right training and health I could run a decent pace again. My brother is 78 and he is running 5K races.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2254 on: February 25, 2024, 01:13:45 PM »
Ran two slow miles today.  Felt like a slug.  I guess two bad miles is better than no miles. Like the saying goes no matter how slow you run you are lapping someone that is vegging out on the couch.  Really disgusted with how I dogged it. I think my sluggishness running comes from a lack of consistency. Going for a run then not running for say 3 to 4 days isn't how to get a better gas tank. Running works best when done 4 to 6 days a week.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2255 on: February 29, 2024, 01:07:12 PM »
Getting lazy with this training log. Not lifting till Monday.  Going to revamp and do some volume for a change.

Today I ran 5.2 miles. When finished I did 4x110 yard strides. I hate winter running. Have to dress like I'm going on an expedition to Alaska. Hat, gloves, thermal top, gator with a running jacket and pants. I went out slow but each mile I could feel my body picking up the pace. Going to do my best to keep up good cardio sessions.

I want to be really lean by Summer. Keeping up with my diet app, Lose It. It's a pain recording everything that goes into your mouth but it's a sure fire way to lose weight quickly. My run today was approximately 700 calories. I'm trying to cut my "normal" eating down around 500 calories today. So a 1200 calorie deficit today.  A good way to think of it is a pound of fat is 3500 calories. A safe guide is to lose one to two pounds a week. Think about what ten pounds of fat would look like on a plate. Fat is both subcutaneous but also visceral. It's the visceral fat that's really dangerous. I'm not a bodybuilder but consider myself an aging athlete. Yes, I do want to look good with my shirt off too. 

I often hear people say keep it in the fat burn zone and you don't want to be in the glucose (sugar) burn zone. I don't care what fuel you're using for a cardio session or what the ratio is. In the end it's about the calories burned.

I spend a lot of time thinking about workout strategies. Always interested in what the other guy is doing. I think it was Clarence Bass that used the term the Ownership Principle. The theory as I interpret it is that you have to see what works for others but in the end your workout has to be right for you. No runner or lifter trains exactly like another.  Make your workout your own. Some use one set to failure and some do six sets of an exercise. Do what suits your temperament, goals and results.

A good example of this was the race for the four minute mile. Roger Bannister was in med school. He had limited time. He kept using 10x 440 yard repeats/intervals without distance runs. His competition were all doing 5 to around 10 miles a day on the road running.  Maybe Bannister was the HIT guy of his time, lol. My point was there were 5 guys really close to breaking the 4 minute barrier each doing different protocols in training. We all know who broke the barrier.

Just to digress some say the 4 minute mile is broken all the time now. Realize Bannister did it on a dirt cinder track that is really slow compared to today's track high tech surfaces. In the past few years the best tracks in the world have a springy bounce to them. I bet a lot of world records are going down in 2024.  I forgot to add the new carbon fiber spring plate in the shoes. That should disqualify any record made with them. 

I'm determined to use some volume and short rests between sets.  Going to use four sets per exercise. So if I'm doing say 4 x 12, I'm looking at it as if it's a race to 48 reps. The first set I will stop at 12 even though I can do more. Same with set two and set three. Set four I will rep out if possible. Ideally if I will pick a weight that will have me failing on that last set at something like 8 or 10 if picked a good weight. For clarity is might looks something like this. Set one 12, set two 12 reps; set three 12 and set four maybe failure at say 9 reps. I hope to race through the sets with little rest between sets so moderate weights will be used.

Best laid plans don't always work out but I'm optimistic. If my health holds up I will do the work. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2256 on: March 01, 2024, 07:06:29 AM »
Getting ready to head out for a run. A top coach of division I runners and Olympians whose name escapes me said this in effect.  Six months of 85% effort is better than two months of 100% effort then quitting in exhaustion. Maybe wise words for lifters and runners alike. There is time for balls to the wall effort. If you base all your workouts on taking it to an inch of death that's not good. Wish I took that philosophy to heart. In general I always try to redline. That's why I like distance running. You have to pace yourself because if you shoot your wad early you will quit before the desired miles are completed.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2257 on: March 01, 2024, 10:59:59 AM »
Ran 5.2 miles again and did 5 x 110 yard strides after. At least I think it's 110 yards. It was the length of a soccer field. After I hit the heavy bag. Just shot now.  Monday I will get back to lifting. Going to sleep good tonight, lol. Anyone wants to know what the purpose of strides are it's to activate the fast twitch and remind the muscles what running fast is like. Doing a distance run the body gets use to the relatively slow running then you can't turn it on.  They are not quite sprints but it's a hell of lot faster than the strides. Maybe in the six minute mile speed.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2258 on: March 03, 2024, 11:35:41 AM »
Tomorrow is a lifting day. The big push for summer is here. I always laugh when I hear a guy bought running shoes in May to get into beach shape. Nope, what you do in the winter will determine how you look during summer. Today was cardio. Ran 5.15 miles.  It was finally a sunny day in NJ with a temp of 62 degrees. Ran in shorts and a tee shirt.

During the run I could hear someone running behind me for about a half mile. Then he blew by me. I was only about a 1.5 miles into my run so I didn't want keep up incase I couldn't keep it up for the 5 miles. I was pissed. Something inside me hates when someone passes me when I'm running. One mile or so down the path there he was walking as I ran past him. Slow and steady wins the race, lol. Then again, who knows how far the guy was running? It could have been two miles or it could have been 10.

Losing weight too fast I think. Down 2 pounds in about a week. I know one to two pounds is an accepted norm a week for weight loss but it seems a lot for me.  I'll take it though.

Tomorrow I'm doing something I truly never do. I'm doing volume.  Viator abandoned hit for the 1982 Olympia and started doing high volume.  A guy that use to be a facebook friend said he was in the gym with Viator and counted around 16 sets for a body part when he was training for that Olympia. I don't care what HIT fans say, that was the best condition he ever competed at.

Going to use moderate weight and short rests between sets to race through the workout. I will lift what for me is heavy again but I want to see where this will take me. Many times when I'm lifting heavy my cardio suffers. Seems like my gas tank is spent lifting heavy weights and I'm shot for cardio. Judging from past me I have much more success with getting into cardio condition when lifting moderate weights.

I know most on this site, weights are the priority but I think at my age it will be healthy to pay attention to both. The most important muscle is the heart. It's not the bicep, chest or shoulder muscles. If you had to take out your heart muscle to show the judges at a bodybuilding competition most bodybuilders would be embarrassed, lol. Good thing it's hidden. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2259 on: March 03, 2024, 04:48:50 PM »
Went to the blood oncologist today. He is board certified in three fields. Maybe the best doctor I have ever dealt with. He's very good at explaining things and takes the time. I was dreading this visit because of the unknown.  He monitors me roughly every month with a bunch of blood tests. He showed me a graph of all the blood tests related to cancer and he said I'm stable from month to month.  He said instead of every month he will see me in six months!  I see this as a home run.  I hate going to that waiting room and seeing all those seriously sick cancer patients and here I am looking healthy. Some are in wheel chairs and some on gurneys. His office is in a hospital. I had a feeling I was in remission because I'm training hard. So my cancer levels are not advancing for now. I will take it. Told him if I die I'm not paying the bill. He gave me a smile.

Regarding the training log. I'm doing jack shit today.  Not sure what the terms means but I think it means I'm doing nothing. If it means some character named jack is pooping I don't mean that.  I got on the treadmill today and started a warm up then said fuck it.
Great news rich

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2260 on: March 10, 2024, 02:00:10 PM »
Back to lifting tomorrow! Today was a 5.27 mile run. After the run I did four 110 yard strides. Not sprints but fast.

Going to use a my old reliable Yates inspired routine. I wanted to go to volume but I question if I have the time to do that prior to work? My Yates type routines of doing warm ups if needed then that one set to failure leads to a fast workout. Most workouts average about 45 minutes with legs taking an hour. I know many volume guys will counter if you use moderate weights with a short rest between sets the work out is fast too. I will go to volume for a cycle but I'm waiting for another month or two.  Going to leave this retirement job and my only job will be watching the grand kids from time to time. 

Changing some stuff up with the Yates routine. Going to use a relatively light weight so I will fail at a high rep range. Then gradually adding weight week to week till I'm doing my usual rep ranges. It should take about a month of build up to get there. I tried this years ago with single set to failure training. Start with a modest weight so the reps will be somewhat high at failure then week to week add weight dropping the reps. It worked out amazing but then I was a lot younger. We shall see.

Right now I'm having trouble walking around the house. Damn that run took everything out of me. I'm walking like I'm 140. I know, I know. To Wes that's a youngster.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2261 on: March 11, 2024, 04:28:43 PM »
Doing my Yates inspired routine buy I lightened the weight so I fail at high reps. The plan it so keep increasing the weight so the reps come down. Chest and biceps day. Most exercises get zero warm up but if I need them I do non taxing warm ups.

Flat Dumbbell bench 1x13
Incline dumbbell bench 1 x 13
flat flies 1 x 23 (Whoa that's high reps for me to fail out. Light weight. Nothing but a peanut)
Push ups 1 x max (I was shot from that 23 rep fly set.)

EZ curl 1 x 18 ( I have come to the conclusion that I hate high reps)
Alternate dumbbell curl 1 x 36 reps in total
Two arm dumbbell drag curls 1 x 30
concentration curls 1 x 17

wrist curls 1 x 45 (Whoa, too light, lol)
reverse wrist extensions 1 x 40

situp on incline board 1x 20
leg raise on incline board 1x14
ivanko gripper 2 x 20 (one set upside down)

Cardio portion was fast fast walking at 3.8 MPH increasing grade (incline 1% for every lap.) I was on this for about 40 minutes.

The reason for the light weight and the high reps done to failure is because I tried this many years ago. Every week I increased the weight. After one month I thought ( you might have disagreed, lol) I was in fantastic shape.  I was lean, strong and felt I looked pretty decent. Trying it again even though I'm a lot weaker but the concept is still sound.  I think I originally tried this with single sets to failure maybe 20 plus years ago. Something about the high reps primes the muscle for the heavier lower rep training to come. Next week I will go up 5lbs to 10lbs an exercise. If I can keep up the increased weight every week  for a month while my failure stop happens at lower reps I should be in really good shape in four weeks. Just hope I can keep it up. High reps to failure sucks. I will try to embrace the suck.

I realize maybe what I'm trying to convey is confusing. Here's how it looks for a four week period.

Bench 1 x 18. Next week increase the weight. Bench 1 x 12. Increase the weight-bench 1 x 9, Increase the weight-fail at 8 reps.  Typing fast and making a ton of errors. Got stuck in accident traffic coming home from work and the wife is saying she wants to put on our show, LOL.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2262 on: March 12, 2024, 04:58:27 AM »
Again one set to failure minus warmups on this leg day. Choose a weight that will have me fail at high reps. Every week I will add weight bringing that rep count down.

Leg press 1x17
squat machine 1 x 13
semi stiff dead 1 x 8 (My only exception to really high reps. Too easy to tweak the back. Used a lighter weight but good form and a full range of motion with semi slow reps)
Kick back machine 1 x 15 (Haven't used this in awhile. Becoming a pussy in my old age with all these machines, lol)
leg extension 1x30
seated leg curl 1 x 20

hanging leg raise 1 x 20 (could have done more. Holding back so no failure.)
Hip ups 1x30 (on back, legs up and moving hip/feet toward ceiling)

standing calf 1 x 23
leg press calf 1 x 20 (Anyone feel this is very similar to donkeys. Didn't go to failure since I haven't done them in awhile. I will soon.)
seated calf 1 x 30
tibialis 1 x 30

neck four way machine 1 x 30 a side

Time to get ready for work. The sun is up and I hear warm weather is coming to Jersey.  I work with hotties. Can't wait to see the skirts and come fuck me heels.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2263 on: March 12, 2024, 09:10:02 AM »
Again one set to failure minus warmups on this leg day. Choose a weight that will have me fail at high reps. Every week I will add weight bringing that rep count down.

Leg press 1x17
squat machine 1 x 13
semi stiff dead 1 x 8 (My only exception to really high reps. Too easy to tweak the back. Used a lighter weight but good form and a full range of motion with semi slow reps)
Kick back machine 1 x 15 (Haven't used this in awhile. Becoming a pussy in my old age with all these machines, lol)
leg extension 1x30
seated leg curl 1 x 20

hanging leg raise 1 x 20 (could have done more. Holding back so no failure.)
Hip ups 1x30 (on back, legs up and moving hip/feet toward ceiling)

standing calf 1 x 23
leg press calf 1 x 20 (Anyone feel this is very similar to donkeys. Didn't go to failure since I haven't done them in awhile. I will soon.)
seated calf 1 x 30
tibialis 1 x 30

neck four way machine 1 x 30 a side

Time to get ready for work. The sun is up and I hear warm weather is coming to Jersey.  I work with hotties. Can't wait to see the skirts and come fuck me heels.
never really saw the need for these machines but better than crushing your neck with the wrestlers bridge.
unless you´re a pro football player or Grappler i see no reason for such machines which take up space, are expensive & other exercises can be done

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2264 on: March 12, 2024, 02:58:30 PM »
Oncologist and my primary wanted me to get a flu, shingles, pneumonia, covid booster and RSV shot because of my compromised immune system. I can croak if I catch something if my body can't fight it off. I was getting one a week. He said he believes the vaccines blew up my lymph nodes in my arm pit of my left arm. I naturally thought it was something serious.

The shingles shot gave me a terrible fever but it broke in one day. I got a slew of blood tests coming but he thinks the vaccines are  the reason. He told me to hold off on the covid booster because I had covid in August into September for around 6 weeks or so. I have to have some natural immunity from that. My wife caught covid same time as me. She was sick for a week and I was the sickest I ever was in my life with two ER visits when I thought I was on my way out, lol. 

On a side note I did absolutely nothing today in terms of exercise. The lump in my arm pit is freaking me out but my oncologist is board certified in three fields. If he said it was my body's reaction to all the vaccines then I'll take his word on it. He said the lump should come down. If the blood tests come back and it's the cancer gaining in numbers he will put me on chemo right away. The last test the numbers were low for cancer cells.

The pharmacy where I get all my vaccines suggest waiting two weeks between them. Also, I read that one should wait as long as a year between the pneumonia and flu vaccines. I am living on the edge this year since I have not yet bothered to have any vaccines. I also have not been sick since I cannot remember when. Could this be because my immune system is healthy and fights off anything thrown my way? The Prevnar vaccine, which I had a couple of years ago is a 'one-and-done' shot for adults.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #2265 on: March 12, 2024, 03:01:59 PM »
The pharmacy where I get all my vaccines suggest waiting two weeks between them. Also, I read that one should wait as long as a year between the pneumonia and flu vaccines. I am living on the edge this year since I have not yet bothered to have any vaccines. I also have not been sick since I cannot remember when. Could this be because my immune system is healthy and fights off anything thrown my way? The Prevnar vaccine, which I had a couple of years ago is a 'one-and-done' shot for adults.
A Libturd caught in another lie. You were going on and on about how sick you were just a few months ago. LIAR!!!!!
T

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2266 on: March 12, 2024, 04:57:23 PM »
never really saw the need for these machines but better than crushing your neck with the wrestlers bridge.
unless you´re a pro football player or Grappler i see no reason for such machines which take up space, are expensive & other exercises can be done

My four way neck machine cost me around $450.  Money well spent. True there are cheaper and effective alternatives. Here's one. https://thestrongneck.com/products/the-strong-neck?variant=39916656230493&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2267 on: March 12, 2024, 04:59:29 PM »

Depends on your exposure too. I have a school age grandchild coming over and in my retirement job I'm constantly surrounded by people from all over the planet. You should hear all the accents. I'm sure if I was fully retired and not exposed to kids in school I would rarely catch anything.

When I caught covid last August I was on a plane coming back from Seattle and it seemed the whole plane was coughing and hacking. Next flight I take I won't only be wearing a mask but a respirator like construction workers use. I'm not kidding.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2268 on: March 13, 2024, 03:01:56 AM »
My four way neck machine cost me around $450.  Money well spent. True there are cheaper and effective alternatives. Here's one. https://thestrongneck.com/products/the-strong-neck?variant=39916656230493&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1

I do have a neck harness & have used band resistance for neck training.
Basically i find i get enough out of DB side raises, shrugs & face pulls. another good exercise is lying on a flat bench head hanging off & using a weight plate for resistance.
but of course you know all of this as you´re a seasoned trainer Rich

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2269 on: March 13, 2024, 04:23:42 AM »
I do have a neck harness & have used band resistance for neck training.
Basically i find i get enough out of DB side raises, shrugs & face pulls. another good exercise is lying on a flat bench head hanging off & using a weight plate for resistance.
but of course you know all of this as you´re a seasoned trainer Rich

Using a neck harness for extensions while seated and using a folded towel and plate on your forehead for neck curls lying on a bench with your head hanging off are all you need. I like my neck machine but was it needed? No.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2270 on: March 13, 2024, 04:42:25 AM »
Using a neck harness for extensions while seated and using a folded towel and plate on your forehead for neck curls lying on a bench with your head hanging off are all you need. I like my neck machine but was it needed? No.
I still cringe when i see the wrestlers bridge. I mean Tyson did it & had a bull neck but it always came over as very risky to me.
I do not have a long neck & over development of my traps/neck make me look hunched up if you know what i mean.
I think Reeves said in a book to not over develop the Traps

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2271 on: March 13, 2024, 08:50:37 AM »
X 2  :)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2272 on: March 13, 2024, 11:34:54 AM »
X 2  :)

Thanks, hope your cancer stays away too. I still have it but it's stabilized at a low level. Feels like a home run.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2273 on: March 13, 2024, 11:39:50 AM »
Cardio day:  Ran 3.1 miles.  I did five 110 yard strides at the end.  It's almost like summer time in NJ. Around 60 and sunny. Passed a girl walking with the most transparent yoga pants. Looked like shear panty hose with a clear red thong on her hot big ass. Wait what was I talking about?  Oh, ya about my cardio day. Also did some pullups and hit the heavy bag for a couple of rounds. My runs are improving. Happy about that.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2274 on: March 15, 2024, 01:48:39 PM »
To my one reader who reads this, lol, I will start typing up my workouts again. Slacking off lately with this training log.  I've been running so much I'm actually feeling weak in the weight room but my running keeps getting better. I have to find a balance. I firmly believe if you are trying to be good in two physical endeavors you become average in both. My blood work reference conventional measures like for cholesterol, HDL's, LDL's, sugar and triglycerides are always better when I'm on a good running kick.