Author Topic: Enough with the military hero worship  (Read 19405 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: enough with the military hero worship
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
Elites give them the title of HERO to troll them(us) actually. They don't really believe it. Elites actually believe that these people's lives are worthless...
Hell, we dont believe were heros. Ask military vets, especially those who were in combat roles/have seen combat, and i guarantee you 99% will tell you that youre crazy if you think theyre heros.

I get uncomfortable anytime someone makes a big deal about my service or pulls the 'thank you so much for defending us' line. I didnt do shit, i was trained to fight, and i didnt even deploy. I just did a job.

Were just dudes doing a job. A particularly dangerous, mentally and physically demanding job (with shit pay and killer benefits), but just another job nontheless.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »
Hell, we dont believe were heros. Ask military vets, especially those who were in combat roles/have seen combat, and i guarantee you 99% will tell you that youre crazy if you think theyre heros.

I get uncomfortable anytime someone makes a big deal about my service or pulls the 'thank you so much for defending us' line. I didnt do shit, i was trained to fight, and i didnt even deploy. I just did a job.

Were just dudes doing a job.
A particularly dangerous, mentally and physically demanding job (with shit pay and killer benefits), but just another job nontheless.

I always say that on here and sometimes the "veterans" get angry about it for some reason.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
I have a lot of military people in my circle of family and friends. Some of them are legitimate heroes.

Not every Soldier or Marine is Audie Murphy but I think our military earns every bit of respect that they get.  They volunteer to drag ass halfway across the world to some third world toilet, kill people, and try not to get their asses shot off.  They are the only thing keeping the USA from getting rolled on by asshole dictators that hate us and want us out of their way. 

Do people get a little carried away at times?  Yes, but I'd rather members of the armed forces get too much credit than not enough.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2014, 08:57:23 PM »
joining the military isn't about killing Nazis or freeing the slaves anymore...its about doing the bidding of the corporate state.  there's no honor in that.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2014, 09:05:30 PM »
This whole thread is fucked, you show a hand full of douche bags out of an armed force of over a million.  Those of you shit talkers who aren't American and are bumping your gums the odds are that American sacrifice in one way or another directly or indirectly allows you your freedom too.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2014, 09:28:25 PM »
Many who enlist are no more than dimwits with a lack of options. Props to 03 marines, though. Those guys are 'good eggs'. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2014, 09:31:56 PM »
X2

I don't live in America, but it's the same thing over here with our police. Nowadays if you want to be a cop, it's free and if you fail the tests you can repeat as many times as you can. I know a bunch a drugaddicts/alcoholics guys who failed the tests like 5 times, then they approved and now they're in their way to be cops.

Why they wanted to be cops? Because they were too lazy or dumb to follow a real career. And their laziness took away good jobs from them. The problem is that they do it because it's easy money, they won't do shit, if there's a problem they DON'T show up when you call them, that's fucked up. They get paid for doing NOTHING!

At least before it was free to take the tests, guys would put a lot of effort since it wasn't cheap and they really wanted to be cops.

It the law of supply and demand. Anyone would be a fool to want to be a policeman today. It's become a thankless job. It is no wonder, HR will bend over backwards to get someone, anyone to take the job.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2014, 09:36:33 PM »
Many who enlist are no more than dimwits with a lack of options. Props to 03 marines, though. Those guys are 'good eggs'. 

yes many are dimwits.  But many are extremely intelligent and feel a need to serve.  You think those graduating from the military acadamies are all idiots?  Really? You think the pilots flying the $20 mil fighters are dummies?  Too much Generalization here.  There are douchebags in all walks of life, from the walmart worker to the wall street invester.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »
I start to get annoyed a little bit to. We had some real douche bagge pricks from my highschool that joined. Most of them haven't even seen any action. They get paid to do it. They live for free. They only have to work for twenty years and they can retire. It's like any other career. I'm pretty conservative and pro military but it does get old.

In the U.S. the military service retirement calculations changed in 1986. After 20 years of service, your retirement is 40% of your base pay. It is not until you reach 40 years service that your retirement is 100% of base pay. Very few service personal remain in the military for even 20 years much less 40.

If at any point you cannot do you job, you are out. All military personal must be combat ready to remain in the military. Someone joining at 20 years of age is likely not going to be combat ready when they are 60 years of age.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2014, 09:46:53 PM »
yes many are dimwits.  But many are extremely intelligent and feel a need to serve.  You think those graduating from the military acadamies are all idiots?  Really? You think the pilots flying the $20 mil fighters are dummies?  Too much Generalization here.  There are douchebags in all walks of life, from the walmart worker to the wall street invester.  

Only the elite become fighter jet  pilots and graduate from the top military academies (the requirements just to get in are pretty strict) but truth be told a large majority of military folks joined for either of two reasons 1) Free college education and a potential pension or 2) they didn't know what else to do with their lives the army was better than ending up in jail or wal mart. I am not trying to be spiteful, it's just something I have noticed; at my job I deal with vets and VA Healthcare professionals daily and this is pretty much the case across the board. I wouldn't say they are douches though.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
extremely intelligent  

Too bad you don't fall into that category; this interaction wouldn't be nearly as painful.  

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2014, 09:57:52 PM »
Only the elite become fighter jet  pilots and graduate from the top military academies (the requirements just to get in are pretty strict) but truth be told a large majority of military folks joined for either of two reasons 1) Free college education and a potential pension or 2) they didn't know what else to do with their lives the army was better than ending up in jail or wal mart. I am not trying to be spiteful, it's just something I have noticed; at my job I deal with vets and VA Healthcare professionals daily and this is pretty much the case across the board. I wouldn't say they are douches though.
I would agree.  But not everyone has the same opportunities in life.  What is wrong with joining the  military for the college money?  At least they want to go to college!  Who do you think is more motivated, the person that decides to join the  military for 4 years to pay for college or the rich kid driving the BMW who's education is paid for?  Not everyone has the same opportunities in life.  You think some black or hispanic kid that has a dad in jail and a mom on food stamps with 6 bro. and sis. can just go to college?  Is that the kids fault?  

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2014, 09:59:30 PM »
Too bad you don't fall into that category; this interaction wouldn't be nearly as painful.  

Yep, you got me, I don't measure up to the likes of you.  You're the smartest guy here.  Good for you.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2014, 10:03:45 PM »
>:(

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f31_1325120226

Whew! Shit, dude. You gotta put up some kind of warning for things like that. The second I saw it was a video about an animal getting hurt I hauled my ass right off there. I can't stand seeing any animal getting hurt.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2014, 10:05:27 PM »
Props to 03 marines, though.Those guys are 'good eggs'.
Why thank you.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
any fool can be a punk with a gun

but

a real hero looks like this

Looks fucking awesome, but a 'hero' should also be able to sprint without running out of oxygen.

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »
Looks fucking awesome, but a 'hero' should also be able to sprint without running out of oxygen.

I guess the sprinting part rules this guy out? ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
I guess the sprinting part rules this guy out? ;D

Keep Funk51 out of this, he's a good hombre ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2014, 10:27:07 PM »
This thread is an example of generation nothing at it's finest. Putting down those who serve in the military is low. What do many of you do except live in a room in your mother's house smoking dope and shooting steroids to give the appearance of a man?

This new age of liberalism is a disease. 

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2014, 10:30:37 PM »
This thread is an example of generation nothing at it's finest. Putting down those who serve in the military is low. What do many of you do except live in a room in your mother's house smoking dope and shooting steroids to give the appearance of a man?

This coming from a baby boomer?

Plus you really think military folks do not smoke or do stupid shit?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2014, 10:37:26 PM »

You're exaggerating, it's not a matter of putting them down. Respect to all of them who serve, or served, but stop kissing their asses all the time.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »
I ran a half marathon last sunday in full kit carrying a bergan (rucksack) for charity and the amount of goodwill we got off the public was amazing. Little kids were high fiving us and I've never spoke to so many hot chicks in lycra in my life... I never knew I was such an attention whore.

I think with Afghan drawing to a close the positive spin from the media will end (in the UK at least) and we'll be back to stories about drunken soldiers fighting and smashing up foriegn holiday resorts.

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2014, 12:00:39 AM »
I ran a half marathon last sunday in full kit carrying a bergan (rucksack) for charity and the amount of goodwill we got off the public was amazing. Little kids were high fiving us and I've never spoke to so many hot chicks in lycra in my life... I never knew I was such an attention whore.

I think with Afghan drawing to a close the positive spin from the media will end (in the UK at least) and we'll be back to stories about drunken soldiers fighting and smashing up foriegn holiday resorts.

Ah, the good ole' days! ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2014, 02:10:41 AM »

oh really?

why is that?

ronnie would just run you over with his oversized yellow hummer if you would challenge him to a "sprint off"

try to fight him with "mma" ?

he gun you down with his service pistol

face it, only thing that matters is hitting sick poses in thongs

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2014, 04:43:06 AM »
oh really?

why is that?

ronnie would just run you over with his oversized yellow hummer if you would challenge him to a "sprint off"

try to fight him with "mma" ?

he gun you down with his service pistol

face it, only thing that matters is hitting sick poses in thongs

Thanks for the good laugh :D