Author Topic: 2014 Olympia - Guy Cisternino Trains Arms 4 Weeks Out  (Read 6650 times)

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
Re: 2014 Olympia - Guy Cisternino Trains Arms 4 Weeks Out
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »
Bodybuilders have very fragile egos... Some especially nowadays they seem almost feminine, never heard Coleman or Dorian talk about haters , is it that important for everyone to like you...
That aside he has a good physique

People always say this but the Internet has vastly changed the platform for people's opinions. Who knows the shit those guys would've said if they had message boards and Facebook

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »
People always say this but the Internet has vastly changed the platform for people's opinions. Who knows the shit those guys would've said if they had message boards and Facebook
Toward the latter part of his career the coleman was on the net and he always said he doesn't pay attention what yahoos say, I'm sure he has trolls on his Instagram and Facebook yet you never hear him talking about "haters"
choice is an illusion

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »
Toward the latter part of his career the coleman was on the net and he always said he doesn't pay attention what yahoos say, I'm sure he has trolls on his Instagram and Facebook yet you never hear him talking about "haters"

Agreed. Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates are still very much in the limelight and people say bad things about them. Never once have I heard Ronnie or Dorian calling someone a "hater." The new crop of bodybuilders are such babies. Calling people, "haters." They sound like 12 year olds.
X

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »
As Coleman loads the seated calf machine, he parrots the saying on the back of his shirt: “Shake them haters off"

http://www.flexonline.com.au/texas/2-uncategorised/20-aint-nothin-but-a-peanut

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 02:48:33 PM »
Agreed. Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates are still very much in the limelight and people say bad things about them. Never once have I heard Ronnie or Dorian calling someone a "hater." The new crop of bodybuilders are such babies. Calling people, "haters." They sound like 12 year olds.

There's a difference in critiquing someone's physique and personally insulting them..would you prefer a different name?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
http://www.flexonline.com.au/texas/2-uncategorised/20-aint-nothin-but-a-peanut

Dude, but Phil says it in "practically" every video and every post. Ever read his FB? Hater this, hater that, etc.

One thing is certain, you will never hear Dorian Yates use the word, "hater."  :) :)
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »
There's a difference in critiquing someone's physique and personally insulting them..would you prefer a different name?

Most 'hater' obsessed people don't make that distinction, simply because they take (almost) everything very personal.

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
Dude, but Phil says it in "practically" every video and every post. Ever read his FB? Hater this, hater that, etc.

One thing is certain, you will never hear Dorian Yates use the word, "hater."  :) :)

I do follow him and actually no he doesn't, just every once in a while. And what exactly is the problem with doing so?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 02:56:36 PM »

The issue is this: They are public figures. Same thing with actors and singers. Unfortunately it comes with the territory. There are plenty of actors and producers/directors whose acting/directing/producing skills get REALLY criticized. Ever read the webpage, "Rotten Tomatoes?" They destroy actors and producers. They saw pretty mean stuff about movies they dislike. Do you ever hear producers calling people on Rotten Tomatoes, "haters." Nope. Ever hear Tom Hanks call a movie critic a "hater" when they tear up a movie of his? Nope. When was the last time you heard Steven Spielberg call someone a "hater" if they did not like his movie?

To a great extent, this is exclusively a bodybuilding thing. Its very strange behavior. Biggest cry babies out there.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 02:59:01 PM »
I do follow him and actually no he doesn't, just every once in a while. And what exactly is the problem with doing so?

Why do you think I put the word practically in quotations?  ::) ::) It was a hyperbole.

Of course he does not use it in EVERY sentence, but he uses it A LOT more than most other bodybuilders have. What's the problem? Well, I guess its not really a problem, except he sounds like a 12-year old in the throes of a temper tantrum.
X

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 03:06:04 PM »
Why do you think I put the word practically in quotations?  ::) ::) It was a hyperbole.

Of course he does not use it in EVERY sentence, but he uses it A LOT more than most other bodybuilders have. What's the problem? Well, I guess its not really a problem, except he sounds like a 12-year old in the throes of a temper tantrum.

Thats your opinion and i disagree, theres nothing wrong with speaking your mind. What do the insecure people who feel the need to constantly tear him down sound like?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »
The issue is this: They are public figures. Same thing with actors and singers. Unfortunately it comes with the territory. There are plenty of actors and producers/directors whose acting/directing/producing skills get REALLY criticized. Ever read the webpage, "Rotten Tomatoes?" They destroy actors and producers. They saw pretty mean stuff about movies they dislike. Do you ever hear producers calling people on Rotten Tomatoes, "haters." Nope. Ever hear Tom Hanks call a movie critic a "hater" when they tear up a movie of his? Nope.

To a great extent, this is exclusively a bodybuilding thing. Biggest cry babies out there.

Yes, they are public figures, but nobody forces them to use social media all the time. Once they start doing this, most of them get infected by that 'hater-bug'.
Take a look at Dennis Wolf. He does some vids for MD and that's about it, simply because he isn't so attention obsessed as Phil. He's one of the most likable guys for being a humble, approachable and easy going guy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 03:18:35 PM »
Yes, they are public figures, but nobody forces them to use social media all the time. Once they start doing this, most of them get infected by that 'hater-bug'.
Take a look at Dennis Wolf. He does some vids for MD and that's about it, simply because he isn't so attention obsessed as Phil. He's one of the most likable guys for being a humble, approachable and easy going guy.

Great point. Dennis Wolf is a lot more low key than Phil. Phil is such an attention whore. Then when people don't feed into his attention whoring ways, we are just a bunch of "haters."  ::) ::)
X