Author Topic: A word regarding identity theft  (Read 23348 times)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Re: A word regarding identity theft
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
So when a large nosed individual pretending to be someone else is caught for the hundredth time, just how much of his fathers money does he have to give to Ron for it to be forgiven? Is it a flat fee or does it increase with each offense?

Does the special password change each time?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:48 PM »
It is interesting how sidetracked this thread has become so quickly.

OMR made a good point about a very specific situation where people are pretending to be specific competitive bodybuilders on what is arguably a quasi bodybuilding website. When someone posts a photo, claiming it to be them when indeed it is not, that is a form of identy theft.

Those of you who think this is a big joke, obviously don't give a rip whether it clearly can be problematical for Ron. It is kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.  

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2014, 10:39:17 PM »
booty getting shit on in this thread, damn

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
booty getting shit on in this thread, damn
its okay. It's Ron who may have a upset politican in the future. Bodybuilders should not be the only ones here who this rule apply's to. Anybody can get upset over being impersonated.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
Booty, you are aware that politicians are classified as public figures? What he does is still in accordance with the law.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »
Booty, you are aware that politicians are classified as public figures? What he does is still in accordance with the law.
meaning what? Why do bodybuilders get a pass but not someone in politics? It could hurt this persons career all the same.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2014, 11:11:23 PM »
It is interesting how sidetracked this thread has become so quickly.

OMR made a good point about a very specific situation where people are pretending to be specific competitive bodybuilders on what is arguably a quasi bodybuilding website. When someone posts a photo, claiming it to be them when indeed it is not, that is a form of identy theft.

Those of you who think this is a big joke, obviously don't give a rip whether it clearly can be problematical for Ron. It is kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.  

Allow me to introduce you to Jim Ardis: http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/23/peoria-mayor-on-twitter-parodist-outrage. Jim, meet Primemuscle. Primemuscle, Jim wakes up with pussy on his breath. I think you two will get along, but please excuse me for a moment... I think I see Kai Greene by the fruit salad.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2014, 11:13:13 PM »
meaning what? Why do bodybuilders get a pass but not someone in politics? It could hurt this persons career all the same.

Here's the answer to your questions.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »
Here's the answer to your questions.

Thank you. It may be slightly different though being that the politican is in Australia. Edit..... Just googled and I think the laws are tougher regarding public figures and libel .

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2014, 11:20:35 PM »
So, by the criteria laid out by OMR, it's cool if I register an account as "HugeNasser" or "TwirlyMoustacheJoe" right?

Also, what about someone who wants to have his account renamed to Nasser's Soiled Thong? What information must he provide to document his status as a soiled thong previously owned by Nasser? Asking for a friend...

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2014, 11:28:26 PM »
Thank you. It may be slightly different though being that the politican is in Australia.

I'm sure you spent all of five minutes on Google but don't rush to take the Bar exam yet.

Said politician would have no claim against the site and Ron under U.S. jurisprudence. And he'd basically have little chance in succeeding in a claim against posters in U.S. courts either. Instead he would probably be stomped and possibly ordered to pay attorney fees.

And if he tried to sue overseas, he wouldn't get very far either at least against a U.S. citizen or entity. Even if he won, under the SPEECH Act, American courts may not enforce foreign defamation judgments unless they are secured using laws that protect freedom of speech at least as well as ours do.

This has been an avxo presentation.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 11:43:02 PM »
I'm sure you spent all of five minutes on Google but don't rush to take the Bar exam yet.

Said politician would have no claim against the site and Ron under U.S. jurisprudence. And he'd basically have little chance in succeeding in a claim against posters in U.S. courts either. Instead he would probably be stomped and possibly ordered to pay attorney fees.

And if he tried to sue overseas, he wouldn't get very far either at least against a U.S. citizen or entity. Even if he won, under the SPEECH Act, American courts may not enforce foreign defamation judgments unless they are secured using laws that protect freedom of speech at least as well as ours do.

This has been an avxo presentation.
Thank you for your Anxo presentation. Very interesting none the less

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 12:13:53 AM »
I used to post as Purple Aki and I'd like to apologise for any pain or emotional distress this may have caused the real Akinwale Arobieke.

Simple Simon

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2014, 12:24:26 AM »
I used to post as Purple Aki and I'd like to apologise for any pain or emotional distress this may have caused the real Akinwale Arobieke.
;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2014, 12:34:32 AM »
Booty makes a good point. Whoever is using the Mayor of McKay is doing so to try to embarrass Booty and not the mayor. Pretty childish behaviour classified under bullying. Pathetic even for Getbig.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2014, 12:46:44 AM »
Booty makes a good point. Whoever is using the Mayor of McKay is doing so to try to embarrass Booty and not the mayor. Pretty childish behaviour classified under bullying. Pathetic even for Getbig.
It doesn't embarrass me Vince. I own the trolls mind to go to this length. I just feel for the mayor if someone finds theses post on here and thinks it's her. It has potential to embarrass her.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2014, 12:49:19 AM »

No , she doesn't have a good point. She's an idiot who made yet another thread about her and her petty grievances.  I'm starting to feel bad for her , because even she doesn't realize how dumb she is.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2014, 01:01:32 AM »

Hey. Aren't you that guy that won Mr. Canada?!? You are, aren't you?

Can I have your autograph? You can make it out to: "My friend avxo. Please don't become a broken and bitter fat old man like my predecessor Vince Basile. Best, Wilbert Warren."

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2014, 02:22:06 AM »
I totally agree. It's wrong plain and simple. I still don't understand though how it's okay for Chadwick the beta to be able to use a politicians name and her pic and impersonate her. This could upset the real person if someone finds her posts on here etc. It doesn't hurt me as I know it's Chadwick. But I find it hypocritical that it's okay to impersonate someone with a career in politics. I have thought about contacting her so that she was aware of it.
yeah people think im the real kim jong il  ::)

its not like people think its the real politician posting here. But a npc competitior posting on a bb forum is more likely.god you are dumb

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:15 AM »
yeah people think im the real kim jong il  ::)

its not like people think its the real politician posting here. But a npc competitior posting on a bb forum is more likely.god you are dumb
The impersonator of the mayor keeps posting up links to my home town. If anyone googled the name it would lead to getbig. And while we all know that it's Chadwick the beta...people who don't post on bb forums would think it's the mayor.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2014, 03:47:57 AM »
The impersonator of the mayor keeps posting up links to my home town. If anyone googled the name it would lead to getbig. And while we all know that it's Chadwick the beta...people who don't post on bb forums would think it's the mayor.

What kind of people would believe that?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2014, 03:56:34 AM »
i thought this was about real identity theft, something like what happened to me, i got a letter from my state motor vehicle division saying my licence in florida was suspended ???i never had a florida licence. it took me 2 months of aggravation,sending mail and county i.d. to florida and all sorts of stuff to prove it wasnt me who took the licence out,finally they said ok it wasnt u,but man the aggravation and then to top it off someone had credit cards in my name also among other things,its been hell dealing with this
R

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2014, 04:02:18 AM »
What kind of people would believe that?

Normal people.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2014, 04:06:25 AM »
i thought this was about real identity theft, something like what happened to me, i got a letter from my state motor vehicle division saying my licence in florida was suspended ???i never had a florida licence. it took me 2 months of aggravation,sending mail and county i.d. to florida and all sorts of stuff to prove it wasnt me who took the licence out,finally they said ok it wasnt u,but man the aggravation and then to top it off someone had credit cards in my name also among other things,its been hell dealing with this
Would be extremely annoying to have to deal with this. My son was carrying his dads wallet with him when he lost it at the movies. My mother inlaw gave it to my son after his dad died. Two years later police officers turned up looking for my late partner. Apparently whoever found my sons wallet had assumed my late partners identity. A death cert resolved it all.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2014, 04:11:01 AM »
Would be extremely annoying to have to deal with this. My son was carrying his dads wallet with him when he lost it at the movies. My mother inlaw gave it to my son after his dad died. Two years later police officers turned up looking for my late partner. Apparently whoever found my sons wallet had assumed my late partners identity. A death cert resolved it all.

wow that sucks, people r scumbags out there and dont have no kind of self respect.im still dealing with things to this day, its like im afraid to get pulled over cause they might say im wanted for a robbery or something crazy that i had nothing to do with
R