Author Topic: A word regarding identity theft  (Read 23227 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
A word regarding identity theft
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »
Everyone,

The practice of impersonating individuals by the use of their pictures and/or real names needs to stop.

This is a serious offense and can lead to lawsuits that can become detrimental to Ron and ultimately our posting experience.

This started with Wes Gasparotto. The individual reached out to us and asked that his name be removed from the forum. Now, we had Alexis Gonzalez and the impersonation through the ENZO handle. Seriously, this is not cool and needs to stop.

Most of the guys being impersonated are NPC competitors that are trying their best to make it within the industry. When you impersonate these individuals and pass your words as theirs, they can get into deep trouble, get terrible placings, not get sponsorship deals and find themselves in serious problems.

Lets be fair folks and stop the nonsense.

Please feel free to discuss and say your part. We'd like to hear your stance on all of this as well.

"1"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: A word regarding identity theft
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »
What if I created a Goodrum mask and body suit and pretended to be him. Would that be okay?
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »
I agree. And here's an old picture of me with a glass almost upside down and part of a thumb raised...I look much better these days.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »
I totally agree. It's wrong plain and simple. I still don't understand though how it's okay for Chadwick the beta to be able to use a politicians name and her pic and impersonate her. This could upset the real person if someone finds her posts on here etc. It doesn't hurt me as I know it's Chadwick. But I find it hypocritical that it's okay to impersonate someone with a career in politics. I have thought about contacting her so that she was aware of it.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »
my stance is what it's always been..there are way too many assholes on this site.

i don't envy you guys having to deal with all of the absolute bullshit that goes on here and try to be "fair" about it. unfortunately it doesn't work because the shitheads know they can be the biggest shithead on the planet, and they will more than likely get about ten chances before you ban them.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 06:05:54 PM »
losers impersonating nobodies...

getbig is going to shit

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 06:10:29 PM »
I totally agree. It's wrong plain and simple. I still don't understand though how it's okay for Chadwick the beta to be able to use a politicians name and her pic and impersonate her. This could upset the real person if someone finds her posts on here etc. It doesn't hurt me as I know it's Chadwick. But I find it hypocritical that it's okay to impersonate someone with a career in politics. I have thought about contacting her so that she was aware of it.

::)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »
I agree. And here's an old picture of me with a glass almost upside down and part of a thumb raised...I look much better these days.

Nice one-piece, champ

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »
So, I take it you'll be changing your George Michael picture forthwith?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 06:13:58 PM »
I'm thinking it's a select few who will not change their behavior, regardless of any pleas and warnings.  Most people here just want to post, joke, read some funny stuff, and take look at some ass.  They log off and that's that.
Y

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 06:15:28 PM »
my stance is what it's always been..there are way too many assholes on this site.

i don't envy you guys having to deal with all of the absolute bullshit that goes on here and try to be "fair" about it. unfortunately it doesn't work because the shitheads know they can be the biggest shithead on the planet, and they will more than likely get about ten chances before you ban them.

I can tolerate the shit heads and people I don't like because that's life and getbig allows a lot of freedom of opinion. The loose censorship (moderation) make it better here.

Agree some things off limits like posting personal info, impersonation etc.

Being allowed to be a total asshole is the first line in the getbig constitution though.

just keep it to forum profile and forum public knowledge. Ie dont attack someone's real identity outside what they post here or can be reasonably inferred.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
I'm thinking it's a select few who will not change their behavior, regardless of any pleas and warnings.  Most people here just want to post, joke, read some funny stuff, and take look at some ass.  They log off and that's that.

Most of us expect some hostility too. Don't know how tbombz or vince g put up with shit they get but that's them. Let's be honest we all love a good fight here.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 06:20:04 PM »

Holy shit Booty , STFU already no one cares.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 06:23:22 PM »
I can tolerate the shit heads and people I don't like because that's life and getbig allows a lot of freedom of opinion. The loose censorship (moderation) make it better here.

Agree some things off limits like posting personal info, impersonation etc.

Being allowed to be a total asshole is the first line in the getbig constitution though.

just keep it to forum profile and forum public knowledge. Ie dont attack someone's real identity outside what they post here or can be reasonably inferred.

yep.

well put

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
Everyone,

The practice of impersonating individuals by the use of their pictures and/or real names needs to stop.

This is a serious offense and can lead to lawsuits that can become detrimental to Ron and ultimately our posting experience.

This started with Wes Gasparotto. The individual reached out to us and asked that his name be removed from the forum. Now, we had Alexis Gonzalez and the impersonation through the ENZO handle. Seriously, this is not cool and needs to stop.

Most of the guys being impersonated are NPC competitors that are trying their best to make it within the industry. When you impersonate these individuals and pass your words as theirs, they can get into deep trouble, get terrible placings, not get sponsorship deals and find themselves in serious problems.

Lets be fair folks and stop the nonsense.

Please feel free to discuss and say your part. We'd like to hear your stance on all of this as well.

"1"
Isn't  it  Ron's  fault if  he gives stars to anyone without confirming the person's real identity ?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
Isn't  it  Ron's  fault if  he gives stars to anyone without confirming the person's real identity ?

If you look closely vince  basile has blue stars on his profile pic only.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »
No one except the politican being impersonated. It's the same thing.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

Being an ass herself, booty gets annoyed when other people assume that name or alter egos such as bum. It's real to her dammit.  ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
No one except the politican being impersonated. It's the same thing.
Are you retarded ? it's not the same ,we all know  that fat ass politician doesn't post here,  it's just a  fucking online handle ,  like Walter White , Che , Gracie  , Titusisback............. ........................ .........etc.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »

O

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
Being an ass herself, booty gets annoyed when other people assume that name or alter egos such as bum. It's real to her dammit.  ;D

She's annoying as fuck.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 06:43:25 PM »
Are you retarded ? it's not the same ,we all know  that fat ass politician doesn't post here,  it's just a  fucking online handle ,  like Walter White , Che , Gracie  , Titusisback............. ........................ .........etc.

The politican might still not like it. It's a real person being impersonated.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »

Did a famous bodybuilder poop on your chest?
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »

Go fuck yourself.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »
She's annoying as fuck.
It's hypocritical regardless.