Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 744386 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9075 on: November 19, 2022, 04:04:46 PM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9076 on: November 19, 2022, 04:57:28 PM »
They are a sponsor of Formula One, the Miami F1 race and the 'Overtake Award'.

Most of the teams also have crypto sponsors:

Binance
Bybit
Fantom
Floki
Tezos
Velas

And till recently FTX sponsored Mercedes.

Algorand is sponsoring the Fifa World Cup. A few other names are involved too.

I hope Algo make it to the next bull market and there is still no regulation. Easy 10x after the next halving.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #9077 on: November 19, 2022, 05:10:26 PM »

When Bitcoin bros said I'd be swimming in pussy, I didn't think they meant this.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9078 on: November 20, 2022, 01:50:15 AM »
When Bitcoin bros said I'd be swimming in pussy, I didn't think they meant this.
Put a pillowcase over her head and go to town. :-\

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9079 on: November 20, 2022, 04:26:18 AM »

Subsidiary of the same parent company needs a $1 billion liquidity injection by Monday and you're trying to tell us we should ignore this? What trap are we falling for here exactly?

People asked Grayscale to show proof of reserve and their response was basically to say "no, it's a security risk".

If people didn't like that answer then Grayscale have no one to blame, but themselves.

It doesn't matter if the parent company has issues, GBTC is a money-making machine that, if the parent company ceases to function, will get sold off immediately or, if they get the loan, most likely spun off. GBTC isn't going under or disappearing, it's going to continue to function and absorb some of the blowback from the parent company. Hence the opportunity.

Guys, keep an eye on this stock because the powers-that-be are going to use it as a proxy to get BTC below 10k. Once that happens, the price of GBTC will most likely go below $3, and if there's a capitulate event, lower than that. BUUUUUT, in a year and a half it'll be close to $100.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9080 on: November 20, 2022, 04:57:24 AM »
It doesn't matter if the parent company has issues, GBTC is a money-making machine that, if the parent company ceases to function, will get sold off immediately or, if they get the loan, most likely spun off. GBTC isn't going under or disappearing, it's going to continue to function and absorb some of the blowback from the parent company. Hence the opportunity.

Guys, keep an eye on this stock because the powers-that-be are going to use it as a proxy to get BTC below 10k. Once that happens, the price of GBTC will most likely go below $3, and if there's a capitulate event, lower than that. BUUUUUT, in a year and a half it'll be close to $100.

So far it seems no crypto VCs want to touch it. Now that could be because Barry isn't offering great terms or maybe there is another reason.. You also don't mention a 3rd option which is that it gets dissolved.

Fact is none of us know, but we should very soon. Still don't see how waiting on the sidelines and being open to all outcomes means falling into a trap. I'd say it's the exact opposite.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9081 on: November 20, 2022, 05:26:33 AM »
So far it seems no crypto VCs want to touch it. Now that could be because Barry isn't offering great terms or maybe there is another reason.. You also don't mention a 3rd option which is that it gets dissolved.

Fact is none of us know, but we should very soon. Still don't see how waiting on the sidelines and being open to all outcomes means falling into a trap. I'd say it's the exact opposite.

I know, I know, no VC want to touch it. YET.

When all news are bad and there seems to be no hope, they will announce the flip to an ETF, the stock will go up 43% in one day and everyone will start bitching and moaning about what happened. And we all know what is going to happen to the price of BTC once Grayscale starts being a net buyer again...

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9082 on: November 20, 2022, 06:16:54 AM »
I know, I know, no VC want to touch it. YET.

When all news are bad and there seems to be no hope, they will announce the flip to an ETF, the stock will go up 43% in one day and everyone will start bitching and moaning about what happened. And we all know what is going to happen to the price of BTC once Grayscale starts being a net buyer again...

Solid copium thinking everyone would bitch and moan for missing out on a 43% gain in crypto.

Also there is no ETF being approved in the next 24 hours. There will be no 43% move up in the next 24 hour. I'll continuing waiting in my "trapped" position of doing nothing and miss out on position that at best will do nothing.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9083 on: November 21, 2022, 03:42:26 AM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9084 on: November 22, 2022, 05:37:05 AM »
So, instead of seeing hole cards, they were seeing orders and stops.

Didn’t know about this. Apparently, his compliance head was involved in an online poker fraud scheme where they could see players hole cards. Those companies were based in the Bahamas too. Guys probably just moved from online poker to crypto.

Alameda’s Former Co-CEO Used Poker, Blackjack Strategies in Crypto Trading

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-22/alameda-former-co-ceo-sam-trabucco-used-poker-blackjack-strategies-in-trading

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #9085 on: November 22, 2022, 05:44:58 AM »
So, instead of seeing hole cards, they were seeing orders and stops.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-22/alameda-former-co-ceo-sam-trabucco-used-poker-blackjack-strategies-in-trading

Sam bankman-fraud and his merry crew of crypto nerd pirates

The fallout continues

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9086 on: November 23, 2022, 12:13:59 AM »
Solid copium thinking everyone would bitch and moan for missing out on a 43% gain in crypto.

Also there is no ETF being approved in the next 24 hours. There will be no 43% move up in the next 24 hour. I'll continuing waiting in my "trapped" position of doing nothing and miss out on position that at best will do nothing.

Pretty much.

I don’t think people realise just how messed up the biggest players are right now. They are all literally underwater after having a mass lending incest festival between themselves.

While everyone is still talking about Sam, nobody is looking at Barry (Grayscale) and wondering what he will do….. he needs 1B for Genesis meanwhile Grayscale is sitting on 620,000 BTC…… *cough* *cough* fucker can save himself if he unwinds GBTC 👀 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9087 on: November 23, 2022, 02:03:22 AM »
Pretty much.

I don’t think people realise just how messed up the biggest players are right now. They are all literally underwater after having a mass lending incest festival between themselves.

While everyone is still talking about Sam, nobody is looking at Barry (Grayscale) and wondering what he will do….. he needs 1B for Genesis meanwhile Grayscale is sitting on 620,000 BTC…… *cough* *cough* fucker can save himself if he unwinds GBTC 👀

No one was biting so now they're looking for $500M.

If GBTC can unwind and sell some BTC then everyone will just go long GBTC and short BTC until the price meets somewhere in the middle, but there is some doubt if an unwind is even possible.

If DCG/Genesis committed fraud and it's looking more and more likely they did, then the loans DCG gave themselves using customer funds from Genesis to repurchase GBTC (three arrows contagion) might mean a simple unwind for GBTC isn't possible as a bunch of it is technically worthless.

DCG fraud could mean Grayscale is treated the same as Genesis. It will be down to a bankruptcy judge to decide. Imagine being trapped on the outside of this shit show.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9088 on: November 26, 2022, 08:25:34 AM »
For those with crypto allocations in their portfolios at the moment, I wanted to share a project that I am looking into. None of this is financial advice. I'm an accountant not a financial advisor and have yet to even invest into this coin, but I am curious as it appears to be moving in the same direction as the "greater agenda" is dictating and is being handheld by the powers that be. I'll explain below and hope that those of you that are heavily involved in the crypto space can chime in with positive or negative feedback.

It's called Energy Web Token ($EWT). Recently, it got accolades from Blackrock and while it was promising to hear the giant mention the token, it was then connected to a pump & dump by the institution. This isn't a new thing, as most of these big wallets tend to do things like this for quick profit, but the fact that they even picked this token made me curious. There are other blockchains/crypto projects involved in the goal of achieving net-zero carbon emissions, why BlackRock decided to mention and invest into Energy Web Token is what got me wondering.

https://www.energyweb.org/

Then, the true powers that be (The World Economic Forum) started mentioning Energy Web by highlighting that they are part of a new coalition to investigate and highlight the potential of web3 technologies, such as crypto and blockchain, in accelerating action on climate change (https://www.weforum.org/press/2022/09/new-crypto-sustainability-coalition-to-investigate-potential-of-web3-technologies-in-fighting-climate-change/).

Moreover, the United Nations also mentioned them in one of their reports where they highlight the use cases and opportunities for blockchain towards sustainable energy and climate (Page 26 of this report - https://t.co/eS7roWGGOr).

I think the new agenda that the powers that be will want us to face on a global scale are the dangers of climate change. The White House recently put out a press release on November 16, 2022 and they specifically talked about the President's presence at the recent G20 meeting. In this press release (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/11/16/g20-bali-leaders-declaration/), they mentioned climate change over 27 times and talked about their overall efforts towards working with the global governments in ameliorating the devastating effects on the climate.

Again, I am not too well versed on this project as of yet, but I am seeing a lot of powerful groups making mention of them in a way that leads me to believe that they "might" become a notable player in some future projects.

For those that are into blockchain and cryptocurrencies, let me know what you think.

"1"

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9089 on: November 27, 2022, 02:41:12 AM »
Pretty much.

They can't unwind GBTC, it's a trust.

What they CAN and will most likely do if they run into issues is sell the company (GBTC) for cash.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9090 on: November 27, 2022, 03:04:49 AM »
They can't unwind GBTC, it's a trust.

What they CAN and will most likely do if they run into issues is sell the company (GBTC) for cash.

Yes, they can unwind it under regulation.

The reasons for would be they likely get more money and not have to sign any anti competitive contract meaning they can start one up again at a later date.

Discount has gone from 32% up to 42% today.

Quite recently we’ve read ‘can’t happen’ then shit goes south and it happens. Another one is Saylor says he will post BTC as collateral all the way to 3.5k and then post more….. sounds good in theory but if we go su  10k we might see collateral no longer accepted and the. He becomes a seller unless he wants to pay 20% interest on his own junk bonds.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9091 on: November 29, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »
For those with crypto allocations in their portfolios at the moment, I wanted to share a project that I am looking into. None of this is financial advice. I'm an accountant not a financial advisor and have yet to even invest into this coin, but I am curious as it appears to be moving in the same direction as the "greater agenda" is dictating and is being handheld by the powers that be. I'll explain below and hope that those of you that are heavily involved in the crypto space can chime in with positive or negative feedback.

It's called Energy Web Token ($EWT). Recently, it got accolades from Blackrock and while it was promising to hear the giant mention the token, it was then connected to a pump & dump by the institution. This isn't a new thing, as most of these big wallets tend to do things like this for quick profit, but the fact that they even picked this token made me curious. There are other blockchains/crypto projects involved in the goal of achieving net-zero carbon emissions, why BlackRock decided to mention and invest into Energy Web Token is what got me wondering.

https://www.energyweb.org/

Then, the true powers that be (The World Economic Forum) started mentioning Energy Web by highlighting that they are part of a new coalition to investigate and highlight the potential of web3 technologies, such as crypto and blockchain, in accelerating action on climate change (https://www.weforum.org/press/2022/09/new-crypto-sustainability-coalition-to-investigate-potential-of-web3-technologies-in-fighting-climate-change/).

Moreover, the United Nations also mentioned them in one of their reports where they highlight the use cases and opportunities for blockchain towards sustainable energy and climate (Page 26 of this report - https://t.co/eS7roWGGOr).

I think the new agenda that the powers that be will want us to face on a global scale are the dangers of climate change. The White House recently put out a press release on November 16, 2022 and they specifically talked about the President's presence at the recent G20 meeting. In this press release (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/11/16/g20-bali-leaders-declaration/), they mentioned climate change over 27 times and talked about their overall efforts towards working with the global governments in ameliorating the devastating effects on the climate.

Again, I am not too well versed on this project as of yet, but I am seeing a lot of powerful groups making mention of them in a way that leads me to believe that they "might" become a notable player in some future projects.

For those that are into blockchain and cryptocurrencies, let me know what you think.

"1"

All I know about Energy web is that is a project polkadot project which the founder had a big hand in developing. Its success will depend a lot on how polkadot does.

One thing this year has taught us though is that institutions and other entities are just as clueless as the rest of us, maybe even more so.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9092 on: November 30, 2022, 02:36:21 PM »
Y’all watch the SBF interview on CNBC.

He’s basically pleading ignorance. He says he wasn’t really running Almeada because he had his hands full with FTX.

But he also said that he knew Almeada had a big position size on FTX. So, he’s full of shit.

Flexacon said SBF might have had handlers. I believe it. I don’t see this guy running a large brokerage firm essentially by himself.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #9093 on: December 03, 2022, 03:25:23 AM »

Next few mths gonna be interesting to see where this heads...bitcoin at a bit of a crossroads, if it really is the future it better hope the trend similarity to-date skews coincidental rather than a portender of things to come

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9094 on: December 03, 2022, 03:49:03 AM »
Yes, they can unwind it under regulation.

No they can't. It's the reason it's called a "trust."

The type of liquidation that CAN happen is only controlled by the holders of the trust, not the SEC or anyone else. I mean, the SEC can try, but they will be slapped in the courts eventually if they do.

With GTBC or ETHE, should the parent company run into issues, it would be most likely sold off/spun off as a unit, not liquidated or redeemed.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9095 on: December 03, 2022, 05:13:12 AM »

Next few mths gonna be interesting to see where this heads...bitcoin at a bit of a crossroads, if it really is the future it better hope the trend similarity to-date skews coincidental rather than a portender of things to come

I think the next few months, maybe even all of 2023 will be pretty boring for bitcoin. Sideways price action with the occasional dumps as more leverage unwinds followed by mini pumps from limited buying pressure. Broader market conditions probably won't be in bitcoins favour either.

2024 will be when bitcoin likely starts taking off again. Broader market will hopefully be back in an uptrend and the bitcoin halving narrative will help price action.

The real crossroads for bitcoin comes in maybe a decades time. How does bitcoin keep the lights on if validaters decide to leave as the fees they collect no longer make it worthwhile.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9096 on: December 03, 2022, 01:15:53 PM »
No they can't. It's the reason it's called a "trust."

The type of liquidation that CAN happen is only controlled by the holders of the trust, not the SEC or anyone else. I mean, the SEC can try, but they will be slapped in the courts eventually if they do.

With GTBC or ETHE, should the parent company run into issues, it would be most likely sold off/spun off as a unit, not liquidated or redeemed.

Like I said before, there is so many ‘can’t’ arguments and yet we end up seeing that things ‘can’.

Grayscale trusts are all setup the same way and yet they had no issues dissolving the XRP Trust. The case right now is genesis is their only dealer and there is contagion all through DCG because of it.

Could they sell it? Sure. But don’t say they can’t dissolve their trusts when they have already dissolved one and have risk of contagion within their own group which would also allow the trust to be dissolved.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9097 on: December 04, 2022, 04:27:49 AM »
I think the next few months, maybe even all of 2023 will be pretty boring for bitcoin. Sideways price action with the occasional dumps as more leverage unwinds followed by mini pumps from limited buying pressure. Broader market conditions probably won't be in bitcoins favour either.

2024 will be when bitcoin likely starts taking off again. Broader market will hopefully be back in an uptrend and the bitcoin halving narrative will help price action.

The real crossroads for bitcoin comes in maybe a decades time. How does bitcoin keep the lights on if validaters decide to leave as the fees they collect no longer make it worthwhile.

You’re probably right. Seems like the big fireworks have already taken place:

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9098 on: December 04, 2022, 04:30:40 AM »
Same drill with the “Everything is different now” Covid stocks, with this ETF being a composite. Of course, nothing is really different except dummies wearing masks alone outdoors.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V