Author Topic: Dave Mustaine has cancer.  (Read 11860 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Dave Mustaine has cancer.
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2019, 08:34:40 PM »
Megadeth all the way..
Metallica sold out after injustice for all..

;D  ;D

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2019, 10:48:02 PM »
Im a huge megadeth fan and have seen them many times.

the new apple iphone commercial has Megadeth playing in it - by far the coolest TV commercial in a long time

I like Metallica and Megadeth equal - both are awesome and different - the comparison between the two is fucking stupid. if you like metal (I used to be a big metalhead in the late 1990s) they are both solid and different.

the first metal song that blew my mind was Symphony of destruction

i think many of my best workouts were fueled by megadeth CDs while i rocked a skip free CD player. god damn that CD was big to have on my waste back in 1999-2001

I don’t think a lot of gym goers listen to metal here in Europe. Only house or n***** music. The later really seems to be popular among white youngsters. I was really surprised when i first saw the Coleman videos in Metroflex and heard gems like Slayer/Metallica/Pantera blasting through the speakers.

Symphony of destruction, Metalica’s One and GNR’ You could be mine were my favourite songs back when i was in 4th grade.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2019, 11:23:33 PM »
Always prefered Slayer but Dave and Megadeth have been one of the most Metal combos of the 80ies.
Their album Rust In Peace was such a treat of a record.

Hope he'll recover but I doubt it.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2019, 02:27:46 AM »
Megadeth all the way..
Metallica sold out after injustice for all..

;D  ;D
I can think of like 2 great Megadeth songs, Metallica like 50.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2019, 02:57:40 AM »
No way in Hell was Megadeth ever better than Metallica.

musicianship wise, way better

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2019, 03:36:13 AM »
Here’s a question for those who know such things.

Who has been your favourite Mega guitarist (excluding Mustaine)?

Jeff Young. Fav album is SF SG SW.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2019, 04:41:13 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »
musicianship wise, way better
Maybe they had more difficult guitar riffs but that's it.  Metallica played a much greater range of music.  Each album was different than the last which is why people say they sold out.  I guess they were supposed to put out 20 And Justice For All albums. ::)  They even made an album with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra and pulled it off.  Hetfield has a much better voice than Mustaine which is why he was the lead singer even with Mustaine in the band.  Metallica sells out shows in stadiums where Megadeth sells out night clubs.  Many people who aren't even fans of metal or even hard rock like Metallica where only hardcore metalheads like or have even heard of Megadeth.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2019, 01:26:36 PM »
He arrived in NYC with James, Cliff and Lars, but was soon after given a Greyhound bus ticket back to California.

On the return, he formulated his revenge.

Megadeth.

Overall, Megadeth has always been the superior band.

Metallica’s first four are essential and masterpieces, but MegaDave’s outfit has been entirely more consistent (save for a couple of stinkers) and featured/features in its ranks musicians who make Lars and Kirk look like rank amateurs.

Mustaine will beat this and continue creating killer riffs and songs and saying shit that pisses everyone off.

Guy is a loon. But he’s our (metalheads) loon.
Amen, Megadeath>Metallica.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »
Maybe they had more difficult guitar riffs but that's it.  Metallica played a much greater range of music.  Each album was different than the last which is why people say they sold out.  I guess they were supposed to put out 20 And Justice For All albums. ::)  They even made an album with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra and pulled it off.  Hetfield has a much better voice than Mustaine which is why he was the lead singer even with Mustaine in the band.  Metallica sells out shows in stadiums where Megadeth sells out night clubs.  Many people who aren't even fans of metal or even hard rock like Metallica where only hardcore metalheads like or have even heard of Megadeth.

I respect your preference for Metallica, but tone it down, man.

For every argument for Metallica, an equal argument can be made for Megadeth.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2019, 01:34:03 PM »
Jeff Young. Fav album is SF SG SW.

I LOVE that record, but I wouldn’t rank Jeff among my fave Mega axemen. Not to suggest he’s not a really good player. I’d even say he’s underrated in the discussions. But his competition is formidable. Anyway, isn’t he now, like, some flamenco dude or something?

Very good guitarist, no doubt.

Deth has never had a weak second six-stringer.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2019, 01:35:17 PM »
I can think of like 2 great Megadeth songs, Metallica like 50.

This is inconsequential. What is a “great song” is subjective.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2019, 01:41:26 PM »
Worthless music

Worthless to a kneegrow, sure. I can see understand this.

After all, highly accomplished instrumental facility, music created using architecture based upon sophisticated musical theory and challenging arrangements wouldn’t be to taste for an intellectually-struggling darkie.

You stick with your oingo-boingo hitting-rocks-together-simplistic rap crap.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2019, 01:42:16 PM »
Worthless to a kneegrow, sure. I can see understand this.

After all, highly accomplished instrumental facility, music created using architecture based upon sophisticated musical theory and challenging arrangements wouldn’t be to taste for an intellectually-struggling darkie.

You stick with your oingo-boingo hitting-rocks-together-simplistic rap crap.

Been here 50,000 years.

Invented a stick.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2019, 01:43:57 PM »
megadeth are good musically with their instruments but im not a fan of mustaines vocals. so metallica for me.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2019, 01:44:25 PM »
Been here 50,000 years.

Invented a stick.

Exactly.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2019, 01:49:52 PM »
Certainly they are in quality of instrumental accomplishment.

James (I’m not counting Cliff, although I have always felt his legend is overrated) is Metallica’s guitar star. His rhythm playing on those early records (ALL performed by him alone) is a benchmark for tight thrash riffing.

Each and every soloist in Megadeth crushes Kirk to an extent that isn’t even funny. Hammboy recorded several distinguishing leads on the classic albums, absolutely, but he’s nowhere technically. And his playing has been deteriorating to shit these past two decades. He obviously doesn’t care.

Lars, while a “unique” drummer, isn’t exceptional in any way. And again, some of his early playing was inspired, if not accomplished.

In regard recorded quality, I’d give Metallica the slight edge for the first four, but after that, in totality, it’s not even close.

Megadeth smokes Metallica.

I haven't lisfened to megadeath really but that aside the above was excellent.

Peaked at the Justice album with longer riffs and harmonies, black album only had 3 good songs (sandman, wherever, sad). On the black album the other songs were ones you simply didnt want to hear (nothing else was ok but it's not a metal song so remove that) whereas earlier albums you would literally listen to an entire album.

As a gjitarist, hammy went downhill after the Justice album. Decided to hide behind a wah wah to hide his mistakes. His live playing is fucking disgusting. Seen them lives 4 times over 20yrs and he is so shit it's embarrassing.

My legit question is whether he has a muscle/nerve damage with his hand that has deteriorated over time. From Black onwards his solos became slower, less complex and then non-existent. In live shows he doesnt play any solo the same as from an album, instead he jams on a wah, hits wrong notes and plays something that makes you go wtf is wrong with him.  

This is plausible. I have a musical family and background and even at fucking 70 the pianists are playing orchestral songs without mistakes. I rarelh play guitar now but even i can simply pick one up and rip out a metallica solo the same as i could at 17. Something definitely up with Hammy's nerves....

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2019, 01:52:27 PM »
black album has more than 3 good songs for sure.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2019, 01:58:10 PM »
I haven't lisfened to megadeath really but that aside the above was excellent.

Peaked at the Justice album with longer riffs and harmonies, black album only had 3 good songs (sandman, wherever, sad). On the black album the other songs were ones you simply didnt want to hear (nothing else was ok but it's not a metal song so remove that) whereas earlier albums you would literally listen to an entire album.

As a gjitarist, hammy went downhill after the Justice album. Decided to hide behind a wah wah to hide his mistakes. His live playing is fucking disgusting. Seen them lives 4 times over 20yrs and he is so shit it's embarrassing.

My legit question is whether he has a muscle/nerve damage with his hand that has deteriorated over time. From Black onwards his solos became slower, less complex and then non-existent. In live shows he doesnt play any solo the same as from an album, instead he jams on a wah, hits wrong notes and plays something that makes you go wtf is wrong with him.  

This is plausible. I have a musical family and background and even at fucking 70 the pianists are playing orchestral songs without mistakes. I rarelh play guitar now but even i can simply pick one up and rip out a metallica solo the same as i could at 17. Something definitely up with Hammy's nerves....

Kirk has embarrassingly undeveloped vibrato, is a rote blues licks player (with an over reliance on a wah) and is indeed pathetic on stage. Clams everywhere.

P.S. It’s Megadeth, without an “a”.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2019, 01:59:23 PM »
megadeth are good musically with their instruments but im not a fan of mustaines vocals. so metallica for me.

Fair enough.

And live, Mustaine’s voice can be somewhat crud to be sure.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2019, 02:02:56 PM »
black album has more than 3 good songs for sure.

Again, subjective.

The eponymously-titled record (“the black album”) is hugely impressive from a number of vantage points, I just don’t happen to like it.

But it’s a monumental release in the history of heavy metal.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2019, 02:05:53 PM »

It’s been said that Mustaine doesn’t sing, instead he talks, actually he doesn’t talk he spits

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2019, 02:07:05 PM »
It’s been said that Mustaine doesn’t sing, instead he talks, actually he doesn’t talk he spits

well he's no celine dion!

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2019, 02:09:01 PM »
The end old argument: Whose better Metallica or Megadeth?

We got the best of both worlds

Nuff said

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2019, 02:09:55 PM »
Again, subjective.

The eponymously-titled record (“the black album”) is hugely impressive from a number of vantage points, I just don’t happen to like it.

But it’s a monumental release in the history of heavy metal.

it actually has 4 good songs.

unforgiven.
sad but true.
my friend of misery.
the god that failed.