Author Topic: Who is braving the Black Friday crowds?  (Read 5046 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Who is braving the Black Friday crowds?
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2022, 06:31:01 PM »
Fuck me ..

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2022, 07:49:15 PM »
I dunno about American but in the Asia Pacific region Black Friday is pretty much 1-2 week sale period.

Bought an Xbox 4TB HDD for $50 off.

Mum spent about $6,000 on some house stuff. Anywhere from 25%-50% off. Some good deals for sure.

I have a MTB trip coming up so I might look around for a camcorder and see if any sales are good. Usually used is a better deal but worth a look.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2022, 09:06:45 AM »
Drove past the Citadel and those bozos were sitting in their cars backed up onto the 5 freeway for 2 exits on both sides. Fuck that. I suppose that's a good sign for the economy but that line was hours long, just to park.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2022, 09:12:40 AM »
Went to both a Walmart and a Target in my area, neither were crazy around noontime yesterday

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2022, 11:11:01 AM »
It would be safe going out during "The Purge"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2022, 11:18:23 AM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2022, 11:20:10 AM »
I dunno about American but in the Asia Pacific region Black Friday is pretty much 1-2 week sale period.

Bought an Xbox 4TB HDD for $50 off.

Mum spent about $6,000 on some house stuff. Anywhere from 25%-50% off. Some good deals for sure.

I have a MTB trip coming up so I might look around for a camcorder and see if any sales are good. Usually used is a better deal but worth a look.

A camcorder?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2022, 11:24:36 AM »
Drove past the Citadel and those bozos were sitting in their cars backed up onto the 5 freeway for 2 exits on both sides. Fuck that. I suppose that's a good sign for the economy but that line was hours long, just to park.

Not good for current targets which is to lower inflation.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2022, 04:55:43 AM »

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2022, 05:23:56 AM »
Went to both a Walmart and a Target in my area, neither were crazy around noontime yesterday

Stopped  by a local Target, main aisle to pay was the length of the store w/ a lady directing people into certain check-out lanes..
Walked out and went to the market next door instead... No sales tax in my state, so Massholes (sorry Rob  8) ) come over the border by the thousands.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2022, 06:54:29 AM »

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2022, 08:30:01 AM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2022, 08:45:37 AM »

So true.  A certain computer outlet...

Monday 1500
Friday 1586

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2022, 09:56:11 AM »
Why so much walking?
…That’s the job …. (I patrol the inside of the Mall/ others are outside in a truck patrolling the outside) it’s a big double decker mall ….we have phones with various scan points posted around the mall that we have to hit every ten minutes…. And also I love to walk / exercise! (I stopped doing all cardio at the gym and get it from work only) I think I have ADHD or something … I hate to hang out in Dispatch or the office and prefer walking the mall!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2022, 09:56:50 AM »
That’s awesome Mike.
Thx man! (Great exercise)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2022, 10:05:22 AM »
Thx man! (Great exercise)

Yes it’s great. I’m a big walker myself. I like to get 10 miles a day most days. Feels good to keep moving.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2022, 10:05:49 AM »
Libtards, poor people and minorities do that illusion. Prices cheaper closer to and after Xmas when all my Xxxl stuff left

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2022, 01:31:45 PM »
…That’s the job …. (I patrol the inside of the Mall/ others are outside in a truck patrolling the outside) it’s a big double decker mall ….we have phones with various scan points posted around the mall that we have to hit every ten minutes…. And also I love to walk / exercise! (I stopped doing all cardio at the gym and get it from work only) I think I have ADHD or something … I hate to hang out in Dispatch or the office and prefer walking the mall!

Makes sense now.  Is that the norm every work day?  I can't imagine doing that regularly.

When I was in Thailand, I was averaging about 14 miles a day during my shopping days.  I would take the SkyTrain to the "center" (best spot for pharmacies) and after finishing there, walk to the Siam district to shop there for my parents in the various malls, from there walk working my way back from Nana, Asok and onto Thong Lo.  It didn't feel like much as I was only aware of the combined distance because I had just gotten an iWatch for an early birthday present before going.  Kind of surprised.  I am sort of looking forward to going on my gig to Tokyo in May and Paris in June to see how much I walk then as I do more there than in Thailand.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2022, 02:02:45 PM »
Sucks I miss watching black Friday brawls every year...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2022, 02:06:02 PM »
Makes sense now.  Is that the norm every work day?  I can't imagine doing that regularly.

When I was in Thailand, I was averaging about 14 miles a day during my shopping days.  I would take the SkyTrain to the "center" (best spot for pharmacies) and after finishing there, walk to the Siam district to shop there for my parents in the various malls, from there walk working my way back from Nana, Asok and onto Thong Lo.  It didn't feel like much as I was only aware of the combined distance because I had just gotten an iWatch for an early birthday present before going.  Kind of surprised.  I am sort of looking forward to going on my gig to Tokyo in May and Paris in June to see how much I walk then as I do more there than in Thailand.
yea …. I average on the low end 10 miles … on the high end 15 miles per 8 hour shift (again that’s me overdoing it ) but I have Been doing that now for a decade …..( it got me ripped and keeps me there) I look at like I’m getting paid to do my cardio!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2022, 03:53:52 PM »

Does it ever get boring? Although the people you see are ever changing the storefronts, benches and kiosks stay pretty much the same. When I go for a walk, bike-ride, or drive, I try to avoid taking the same route coming back as I did going. I agree, compared to hanging out in one place like a dispatch area or office, walking is preferable.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2022, 04:12:38 PM »
Does it ever get boring? Although the people you see are ever changing the storefronts, benches and kiosks stay pretty much the same. When I go for a walk, bike-ride, or drive, I try to avoid taking the same route coming back as I did going. I agree, compared to hanging out in one place like a dispatch area or office, walking is preferable.
umm I’m walking like this (pretty tight uniform) so I get the old ladies cat calling me lol …yea it can get to ya! Same fucking mall day after day….(I’ll hop on “ GetBig “ real fast see what Hankins is up to!) i look at is this way … no other job is going to allow me to eat or drink a shake every 3 hours…. Bosses totally leave me alone / don’t tell me what to do ..,and the radio calls (dispatch ) are interesting… shoplifting….fights … someone is having sex in the family restroom … lol everyday it’s different …. You don’t know what’s going to happen… what you are going to get! I get treated with respect and that’s a huge thing for me! So I like it!

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2022, 04:44:03 PM »
umm I’m walking like this (pretty tight uniform) so I get the old ladies cat calling me lol …yea it can get to ya! Same fucking mall day after day….(I’ll hop on “ GetBig “ real fast see what Hankins is up to!) i look at is this way … no other job is going to allow me to eat or drink a shake every 3 hours…. Bosses totally leave me alone / don’t tell me what to do ..,and the radio calls (dispatch ) are interesting… shoplifting….fights … someone is having sex in the family restroom … lol everyday it’s different …. You don’t know what’s going to happen… what you are going to get! I get treated with respect and that’s a huge thing for me! So I like it!

Oh hell yeah. What’s your typical day’s nutrition like, Mike?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2022, 04:54:38 PM »
A camcorder?

Yep.

I typically do red bull race drone type stuff for mountain biking but the camcorder was an 80s style you don’t see often anymore but it can pickup speed crazy well with the manual fast zoom.

Social media got very into cinematic up to 2020. They all bought RED cameras and then quickly realised pro gear is total shit due to low battery life, noisey fans, huge storage requirements and a God Spec PC to actually edit footage. You don’t really hear much about RED anymore as those YouTubers mostly went back to using Song for vlogging.

I have/had pro camera gear but it’s not what I bother with anymore.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2022, 05:01:08 PM »
Oh hell yeah. What’s your typical day’s nutrition like, Mike?
honestly when I’m at work it’s the “ Hunter Labrada diet” (whey protein shakes with rice cereal in a blender ) I obviously can’t sit down every 2-3 hours for a good meal (takes me 60 seconds to pound down a shake) I make the shakes up the night before and put them in a cooler and stick them in the work refrigerator… so I’m getting anywhere between 6-9 shakes a day / night … with having all my teeth extracted I kind of got used to shakes ……. They digest fine and give me no stomach or gas problems (was drinking egg whites and had severe gas/ stomach issues!) everyone is different tho ..