Author Topic: REP Adjustable Dumbbells  (Read 1660 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: REP Adjustable Dumbbells
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2024, 05:28:14 AM »
Stones and logs are free guys saw a few today
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2024, 05:35:43 AM »
For those with little space, seems like its affordable for most (while 900.00 is far from "cheap" its also not a ton).
120's.

i=8P6f28-KJtWGaSrB

I got some Powerblocks recently for my home gym (90's) for small money (Marketplace) and I really like the feel of them.
(Like Donnie Thompsons "Center Mass Bells" very good feel/balance). Never thought I would like them until I tried them at the gym.

amazing set up.  Looks like pure heaven 

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2024, 05:39:14 AM »
We have both of the BowFlex sets in our home gym, the smaller ones go up to 50 (actually 52.5 or something) and the bigger ones up to 90 lbs.  I like the smaller ones but the bigger ones the handle is weird, doesn't feel right.

As in we, I’m hoping it’s a ultra-busty gf/wife of some sort

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2024, 12:21:54 AM »
Stones and logs are free guys saw a few today
Do you keep boulders and logs in your house for training?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2024, 05:22:51 AM »

He’s an idiot. He does some stupid exercise once a month while drinking beer and huffing paint. Big fat hillbilly dipshit.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2024, 06:39:33 AM »

he doesn't have a house , he lives in a tent behind home depot  and turns gay tricks for meth

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2024, 12:45:40 AM »
he doesn't have a house , he lives in a tent behind home depot  and turns gay tricks for meth
I saw someone comment on his Youtube channel about this.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2024, 01:01:49 AM »
Do you home gym owners ever have problems with motivation training by yourselves. I like to think I'm self motivated to a large extent, but I'm just not likely to do a workout in my apartment with the bar and dumbells I have. Even in an empty commercial gym I have trouble pulling heavy deads for example, my mind starts to wander, and I "think" too much. Yesterday I had a good session and it was just me and my training partner, but sometimes if there's a good group of guys lifting it can be very energetic. Of course the fucking broccoli heads ruin everything, as well as the Arab groups. Fucking Somali youths running around, joking and slapping each other and hollering lol.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2024, 01:06:28 AM »
Do you home gym owners ever have problems with motivation training by yourselves. I like to think I'm self motivated to a large extent, but I'm just not likely to do a workout in my apartment with the bar and dumbells I have. Even in an empty commercial gym I have trouble pulling heavy deads for example, my mind starts to wander, and I "think" too much. Yesterday I had a good session and it was just me and my training partner, but sometimes if there's a good group of guys lifting it can be very energetic. Of course the fucking broccoli heads ruin everything, as well as the Arab groups. Fucking Somali youths running around, joking and slapping each other and hollering lol.
No, but I started training alone at home for years as a teenager. People who started training in a gym probably will always feel more comfortable there.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2024, 01:24:53 AM »

Dumbbells were not primarily made for lifting but to be thrown into "youthful gatherings".

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2024, 01:36:58 AM »
No, but I started training alone at home for years as a teenager. People who started training in a gym probably will always feel more comfortable there.

I started training at home doing pushups and hand stand presses and using that spring contraption that you bend, that Arnold advertised lol. I was 9 years old lol and gyms wouldn't let kids in at that time even with a guardian. Then we had a very small gym at my apartment complex, mostly I was alone, sometimes there was someone else. I had my hardest workouts there as a teen.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2024, 01:42:54 AM »
Dumbbells were not primarily made for lifting but to be thrown into "youthful gatherings".

If they played classical music the "youthful gatherings" would disperse. Stores use this trick so "youths" stay away lol. Atlernately some very oppressive metal at high volume.

I was at my tram stop and I was hearing this loud woodpecker sound the other day. Then I made the connection, they were of course playing that sound over a loudspeaker so youths don't gather there at nights, youths of course being a euphemism for Somalis or Arabs.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2024, 02:07:39 AM »

I don't. I've been doing since 1978 (when I was 12). I had a decent basement gym (at home) with bench, two 110 pound sets, pulley in rafters for cable stuff, etc.
The bench had the uprights in the back that raised up for squats, and also had dip handles, etc.
(Jubinville was the main seller around New England).

Always had a commercial gym membership too and used both. (When I got older and could drive).
Gyms are much different these days though, and full of retards, so I do get a better workout at home, and my motivation is never an issue.
My actual love for training actually increases as I age, knowing I cant do it forever, I appreciate it more...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2024, 08:36:42 AM »
I love training at home. I know some need the stimulation of being around people get their heart rate up and adrenaline pumping. If you're truly self motivated you can lift hard and run hard all by yourself. I enjoyed my recent three years or so training in a commercial gym. I left and went back to my home gym during covid never missing a workout.

I found a hard core commercial place that I left during covid  felt like a family.  It had a few women members but when most women came in to check the gym out they couldn't run out quick enough.  Mismatched equipment. Chalk flying and guys grunting.  Across town was the posh gym. 30 plus pieces of cardio equipment. Beautiful flooring with employees wearing a uniform with the same polo.  All the machines were the same color and brand. It was fantastic that the women there wore those shear panty hose yoga pants with their hair done and makeup. I left that gym and went to the hard core place. I was in my element there. Owned by a martial arts guy that completed in many power lifting competitions.

When I down size in the future I will get by with a very minimalist  gym. Probably Trulap adjustable dumbbells with a bench with a chin and dip attachment. I think bodybuilding has warped our minds into thinking we need. 12 options per body part to get a good build. Plenty of amazing built guys that just do one movement for each body part and look great.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2024, 12:19:25 AM »
If they played classical music the "youthful gatherings" would disperse. Stores use this trick so "youths" stay away lol. Atlernately some very oppressive metal at high volume.

I was at my tram stop and I was hearing this loud woodpecker sound the other day. Then I made the connection, they were of course playing that sound over a loudspeaker so youths don't gather there at nights, youths of course being a euphemism for Somalis or Arabs.
:D I usually listen to classical music when working out.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2024, 12:32:31 AM »
Just tried early morning training again to today, 5.30 am, thought it would be quieter with a different crew of people.

Fucking nightmare, they do a crossfit /circuit on the Car park at the side of the gym, lots of fat fucks running around all with the name of the PT on the back of their t-shirts, seriously, who wears a t-shirt with some one elses name on it?

The whole atmosphere was one of frivolity and fake happy smiling faces.
Worst possible time to go.
I did a shitty workout and just sat there depressed to fuck until it was time to get changed and get my train to work

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2024, 04:34:56 AM »
Just tried early morning training again to today, 5.30 am, thought it would be quieter with a different crew of people.

Fucking nightmare, they do a crossfit /circuit on the Car park at the side of the gym, lots of fat fucks running around all with the name of the PT on the back of their t-shirts, seriously, who wears a t-shirt with some one elses name on it?

I did a shitty workout and just sat there depressed to fuck until it was time to get changed and get my train to work

Humans are tribal.

Those people belong to the PT's tribe.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2024, 04:41:03 AM »

I go at 5:30 and luckily our place is pretty tame at that point. I hear evenings are a nightmare though.
(After-school broccoli-heads and the like).  ::)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2024, 04:47:00 AM »

I’ve always wondered why someone would wear a shirt with someone else’s name on it. Like wearing a sports jersey, nothing says pathetic like wearing another man’s name on you.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2024, 12:21:19 AM »
I’ve always wondered why someone would wear a shirt with someone else’s name on it. Like wearing a sports jersey, nothing says pathetic like wearing another man’s name on you.
Yes, very cucked.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2024, 01:06:36 AM »
I started training at home doing pushups and hand stand presses and using that spring contraption that you bend, that Arnold advertised lol. I was 9 years old lol and gyms wouldn't let kids in at that time even with a guardian. Then we had a very small gym at my apartment complex, mostly I was alone, sometimes there was someone else. I had my hardest workouts there as a teen.
I still have one of those "Weider Power Twisters".....bought it at a yard sale.

As a kid I had one in my closet and would break it out and use it at times and get a good pump.

One winter night after not using it for quite a while,I got it out and did a few reps and while it was in the bent position,it snapped right in half just my missing my chin.

I had it up against the closet wall that faced the outside of the house and I assume the cold Massachusette winter made it a bit more brittle and susceptible to breaking my fucking jaw.  LOL  ;D

Another time I had some rubber contraption with the handle on my foot fucking around and doing one arm curls with it while lying on my bed,well on one of the harder reps,it slipped off my foot and snapped me right in my fucking eye.....I saw a white light for 5 minutes and thought for sure I lost my eyeball.  :D

I won`t go into the story about the pair of Weiders Iron Shoes I owned......how was I supposed to know you weren`t supposed to wear them to church?   LOL  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2024, 12:21:18 AM »
I still have one of those "Weider Power Twisters".....bought it at a yard sale.

As a kid I had one in my closet and would break it out and use it at times and get a good pump.

One winter night after not using it for quite a while,I got it out and did a few reps and while it was in the bent position,it snapped right in half just my missing my chin.

I had it up against the closet wall that faced the outside of the house and I assume the cold Massachusette winter made it a bit more brittle and susceptible to breaking my fucking jaw.  LOL  ;D

Another time I had some rubber contraption with the handle on my foot fucking around and doing one arm curls with it while lying on my bed,well on one of the harder reps,it slipped off my foot and snapped me right in my fucking eye.....I saw a white light for 5 minutes and thought for sure I lost my eyeball.  :D

I won`t go into the story about the pair of Weiders Iron Shoes I owned......how was I supposed to know you weren`t supposed to wear them to church?   LOL  ;D
Brutal strength. ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2024, 01:22:44 AM »