Author Topic: Ironage GH gut.  (Read 4062 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Ironage GH gut.
« on: January 04, 2007, 07:38:01 PM »
Check it out on Bodybuilding Pro.com.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Ironage GH gut.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »
that is pretty bad but I think he is doing it on purpose to make his back tight as possible when hitting the back double bi, but I could be wrong

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:56:24 PM »
cool stuff....

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:22:34 PM »
Also, people's waists just seem to get bigger as they get older.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:42:44 PM »
Can we please put to rest the criticism about Ronnie's gut now?  ::)

I've taken screencaps of Flex Wheeler, Dexter Jackson, and now the great Al Beckles all displaying a "gut" - also called "inhaling".

These pictures are from Albert Beckles' seminar and posing DVD.

Matt, you have a nice site, but you have much to learn about old school BBing, in those back shots that Albert is doing he has no reason to vacuum, he's leaning back in that shot and naturally he would be exhaling, in the latter front shot he is inhaling creating the vacuum......there is no distention, also, if you knew anything about dieting and carbing back then, you would know thayt they carbed just enough to fill out and create a pump while prepping to go on stage......now in most cases, it's a 3-4 day gradule carb or protein load till the day of the show, thus, the reason for most of the distention nowadays (along with the drugs)......Ronnie or 95% of the pro's couldn't produce a vacuum if they wanted too....FACT!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 12:11:38 AM »
either way though, the point I'm trying to make is that people post these very unfavourable shots of Ronnie backstage or inhaling or what have you and go on about his gut.  Granted, his stomach is not that great (he does have a gut), but posting similar pictures like the one above is just not fair.

Problem is, he's (Ronnie) like that in every shot within the last few or more years, it's just not the shots!

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 01:03:49 AM »
i think matt and beckles must be sleeping together matt c is really defensive.que no
i

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 03:32:28 AM »
Matt,in Beccles defense,I have seen old school muscle control artist Ed Jubinville back in the day,do a ridiculous vacuum,which made his already tiny waist look miniscule,then one second later,he would purposely distend his abdomen and he would look as if he was almost pregnant.

The guy could do some strange things with the unusual control of any muscle in his body.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 03:41:52 AM »
OMG bodybuilders today are all a joke! Oh wait a minute he's an iron age hero who breathes like the rest of us! haha

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »
thats bullshit, i dont have a huge fucking belly when i 'exhale', even if i try to push it out...theres no excuse for that period.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »
hahaha!!  Try telling this to ND.  He might have a panic attack when he sees one of his ironage heroes looking like this.

Beckles too had a good vacuum as you can see above!  I never noticed any type of distension at all with him until I saw these unfavourably angled pictures of him.

NO one was using GH back then thats called a ' roid belly ' old news dud there us a famous pic of Danny Padilla sticking his out , try doing some research Matt oh thats right you were banned from Ironage lol and Beckles wasn't my Ironage hero , Zane , Arnold , Sergio , Paris , Reeves etc  ;)

and This takes the cake bar none !!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 04:47:12 PM »

Yeah, Ronnie's gut is a slightly bigger...oh and he has 100 pounds more muscle  Hope this helps.

lmfao ' slightly ' Al is pushing his out in that post and Ronnie is relaxed  ;) 100 more pounds of muscle or 50 pounds more muscle and 50 pounds of abdomen , neither is acceptable

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 05:13:08 PM »
Need I remind you that your hero Yates also had a gut?

Just becuase ND thinks Yates would beat Coleman, that does not mean he condones any bodybuilder having a gut ;) It comes down to choosing between the two evils. Bottom line is, Yates beats Coleman.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »
Need I remind you that your hero Yates also had a gut?

Yawn , he's not my hero I wouldn't want to emulate his physique , I don't emulate his training philosophy and I was routing for Flex Wheeler in 93  ;) so he's not my hero sport , however I do feel at his best he would beat Ronnie thats the difference between me and most people I can separate my personal preferences or biases for reality !

Steve Reeves is my ' hero ' I have other but Reeves is one of my all time favorites

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »
it's an appearance that albert is doing there not a show, he's not in contest shape and probably being a little sloppy, that's not even close to how bad Ron's gut has gotten.

does ron have intercostal muscles anymore?  Where has his back seperation gone?  Low back definition?  Gone, gone, gone.  The guy used to be a perfect example of what a bb should be now he looks like a barrel with arms and legs.
nasser=piece of shit

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 05:19:46 PM »

Why is Yates the exception to this?

Becuase not once, have I ever seen Dorian Yates reveal his gut during a posing routine. He always kept it in check unlike Ronnie who throws his arms up in the air with no regard for his gut. I challenge you to post a Yates posing routine which shows a gut.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 05:21:07 PM »
Just becuase ND thinks Yates would beat Coleman, that does not mean he condones any bodybuilder having a gut ;) It comes down to choosing between the two evils. Bottom line is, Yates beats Coleman.

Well said !! I was a huge Flex Wheeler fan from the moment I seen him in 92 , he had a fantastic year in 93 and I thought he would beat Yates at the Olympia and when he didn't I couldn't get it and for a while I thought Flex was robbed until I learned more , my personal preference for Flexs' type physique made me overlook the fact that balance , density , size and conditioning are all factors in a contest ( among other things ) and its NOT who I simply thought looked better in certain poses , its ironic that most of the people who don't get Yates or his reign are more offten than not ignorant about the criteria .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 05:25:43 PM »
ND seems to share the commonly held ironager belief that a gut of any kind is an automatic failure, or at least an automatic relegation to second place and downwards.

Why is Yates the exception to this?

Thats my personal preference I don't think a gut shouldn't be part of the Olympian ideal but should Yates have lost to a guy who was less balanced , less conditioned and less dense? but no gut? maybe but he didn't and I can only comment on what happened not what should have happened . now how about a guy with a gut no calves and bitch tits? I'm a huge Flex fan but I never complained when he lost to Ronnie 98 why? because objectively Flex didn't deserve to win and Ronnie did.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 05:29:01 PM »
Your standards are inconsistent at times.  Dorian beating Frank Zane and Frank beating Shawn Ray?  ???

So your standard is mass monster, aesthetics, then a bit of both?

Matt you're mistaken my personal preferences with what the judges look for they're different ! you have to but my Zane beating Shawn into context , Zane beats Ray in terms of balance & proportion , aesthetics , and Shawn beats him in thickness & size , my personal thoughts is Zane is better would Zane beat Ray in a contest? probably not but I think he should .